PDA

View Full Version : Akio and Sakoda send down to OVW

Shawn Mega
07-18-2004, 03:16 PM
WWE NEWS: FOLEY, KIM, AKIO AND MORE
Brad Casey 07/18/2004 Credit WrestlingObserver.com

Both Akio and Sakoda have been sent down to Ohio Valley Wrestling for further training. It is expected they might work limited dates over the next week or two but then will be in OVW full-time once again. When and if they return it is expected they will with new gimmicks.

credit: WrestlingObserver.com

I think this a good move. They need to develop some kind of gimmicks/charisma and work WWE style. They were doing nothing anyway. We all know they got talent in the ring but 95% of WWE wrestlers is talented in the ring. Gimmicks is what sells and they had none.

They need to send Scotty to OVW as well and give him a new gimmick.

Oxstar
07-18-2004, 03:19 PM
They needed Tajiri to stay on Smackdown. Why did Tajiri go to Raw? couldn't they have pushed Tajiri instead of Bradshaw/JBL?

loopydate
07-18-2004, 03:19 PM
They had a good gimmick until they decided to send Tajiri to RAW so he could job to Coach and Cade. That was such a stupid move, because not only did it destroy Tajiri, it also left Jimmy and "Ryan" dead in the water.

After Akio's match with RVD on Velocity last night, I'm still wondering how they haven't found anything to do with this guy yet.

LK
07-18-2004, 03:56 PM
I have see some of AKio in MLW and back in WCW and he is certainly a quality cruiserweight.

mitch_h
07-18-2004, 04:08 PM
They should give him some sort of flying Elvis gimmick :shifty:

Funky Fly
07-18-2004, 04:17 PM
They should give him some sort of flying Elvis gimmick :shifty:
Actually, that would be pretty awesome if it hadn't been done by Sonny Siaki and that other guy. :'(

Loose Cannon
07-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Just curious where you got this story from because I don't see it on any of the legit sites. I checked the Observer and it's not there eathier. Not doubting the story, but I just don't see it.

Mayo
07-18-2004, 04:40 PM
I liked Akio a hell of a lot, and the tag team of he and Sakoda was quite good indeed. Unfortunately, since I've never seen one on a WWE mic, they probably don't speak English very well, and so the only gimmick that could work for them is an anti-American one. Since this gimmick is currently occupied by Kenzo Suzuki (not counting his Smiling America lover gimmick lately), then they have nothing really to do. I wouldn't mind seeing the three in a stable or occasionally as tag teams (ala La Resistance was before), but it doesn't look like it will happen. Vince really sucks big cock sometimes.

My Final Heaven
07-18-2004, 04:54 PM
Akio & Sakoda looked fine in the ring to me. & since when have gimmicks been so important to the WWE higherups? I can think of lots of guys who could've needed some time in OVW more.

Also, what did the article say about Gail Kim?

Funky Fly
07-18-2004, 05:10 PM
I don't see anything on the observer's headlines either. I'm going to do a little digging, and If I hit a septic tank of sorts, consider yourself on a week's vacation from TPWW.

Favre4Ever
07-18-2004, 05:11 PM
I still can't figure out how it would benifit Tajiri, Akio and Sakoda to split up their group. It screwed up the Dudleyz(Pastor DVon,dancing Bubba)and it messed up Jindrak and Cade(not as if they were going anywhere). So they sucessfully ruined 3 good wrestlers.

Funky Fly
07-18-2004, 05:19 PM
So far, all your posts have been veiled instigation and bullshit newsreporting. Shape up or ship out.

James Steele
07-18-2004, 08:15 PM
God Bless The New Mods!

AareDub
07-19-2004, 01:33 AM
Did anybody find out (from a credible source) if this is true or not?

Jimmy Yang is the man. I still refuse to accept the name change. Anyway, Yang vs London = ratings! I think even Yang + parter vs Kidman/London = ratings :D I can't really recall seeing Sakoda wrestle so I don't know if he would make a suitable partner or not.

Corkscrewed
07-19-2004, 03:19 PM
motherfuckingsonofabitchassshitfuckingpissers!!!!

I don't care about Sakoda, but Akio was AWESOME. No gimmick was the writer's fault. He's practically the best Cruiser on the roster. Crazy kicks, great high flyer, amazing moveset, terrifc match flow... WHY THE HELL DID HE GET SENT DOWN???

This is a horrible move. Are they trying to kill every fucking young person? Either finish the training and then send them up, or keep them here. Don't shuffle wrestlers like cards, you fucking ass hole WWE management pieces of llama shit!!!!

Yes, I'm very mad right now. :rant: :rant: :mad: :foc: :rant: :mad:

Goldbird
07-19-2004, 03:51 PM
motherfuckingsonofabitchassshitfuckingpissers!!!!

I don't care about Sakoda, but Akio was AWESOME. No gimmick was the writer's fault. He's practically the best Cruiser on the roster. Crazy kicks, great high flyer, amazing moveset, terrifc match flow... WHY THE HELL DID HE GET SENT DOWN???

This is a horrible move. Are they trying to kill every fucking young person? Either finish the training and then send them up, or keep them here. Don't shuffle wrestlers like cards, you fucking ass hole WWE management pieces of llama shit!!!!

Yes, I'm very mad right now. :rant: :rant: :mad: :foc: :rant: :mad:
The day when Corkscrewed flared up at WWE

More wrinkles for you :eek:

Sephiroth
07-19-2004, 04:00 PM
I think it's a good move, this way they can develop and come back as better wrestlers.

Shadow
07-19-2004, 04:01 PM
Even I could give them a gimmack. Have them be bodyguards for Angle. Is that so hard to do? Geeze!

Thriller
07-19-2004, 06:10 PM
I haven't heard anything else about this rumor.Don't they normally say something on the main WWE site.If it isnt just a rumor like i think it is the ill dissappointed becaue i wont get to see Akio/Sakota vs Kidman/London in a ladder match.

.44 Magdalene
07-19-2004, 06:50 PM
I could come with a kick ass angle for either of those guys right here and right now, and I don't even watch Smackdown.

Fryza
07-19-2004, 07:03 PM
So they send Akio and Sakoda to OVW, leave Kenzo on SD!, and put Taijiri on RAW?

:|

Corkscrewed
07-20-2004, 02:22 PM
I don't think they mentioned anything on the WWE site about Mordecai either, and he's gone as well.

FUCKING BASTARDS!!! :foc: