PDA

View Full Version : I had to bring this to you wrestling posters attention

Gonzo
07-19-2004, 10:26 PM
So were in the car today going out to dinner, somehow we got on the subject of wrestling. Anyways my dad says:

"It just isn't the same anymore, I can't get into it. Nothing like when Triple H was carrying it because there was no one else. He was the man, he ruled. I loved watching him. Triple H is awesome."

I had to laugh.

Funky Fly
07-20-2004, 12:37 AM
lol

Has he seen Raw recently?

V
07-20-2004, 12:50 AM
LOL

Gonzo
07-20-2004, 12:53 AM
Definitely not. I wanted to try to explain it but I just couldn't stop laughing.

Londoner
07-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Make him watch Raw and point out to him how often HHH is on it. The iron man match should make him change his mind...

Oxstar
07-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Your Dad actually said that? that is cool for a Dad.

Hired Hitman
07-20-2004, 11:22 AM
Fan: Hi, My Dad likes you.
HHH: Alright, cool.
Fan: ... I Hate you.
HHH: :|

*father takes boy away*

Father: Can I get an autograph?
HHH: ... Stupid Kid, what? Sure, what's your name-uh?

:-\

LK
07-20-2004, 12:01 PM
lol

kuremadman
07-20-2004, 12:06 PM
My dad thinks all wrestling made in the last decade is pretty much crap and that there will never again be a wrestler the caliber of Stan "The Lariat" Hanson.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-20-2004, 12:07 PM
My dad never got over Triple H being Hunter the blue blood. He still thinks he's a little bitch based off that.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-20-2004, 12:08 PM
My dad is a Superstar Billy Graham mark, so like the only guys he's liked since then are Austin, Brock, Rey, and Styles. The last two just because they amuse him with their flipping.

The Ravishing One
07-20-2004, 12:30 PM
:lol:

Gonzo
07-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Kane has always been my favorite. I root for the guys that never go anywhere. :(

Innovator
07-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Kane has always been my favorite. I root for the guys that never go anywhere. :(
start rooting for HHH, maybe he'll go back to midcard hell

Nowhere Man
07-20-2004, 01:27 PM
My Dad hates wrestling in general, but he can't take his eyes off the TV if there's a luchadore match on. I think at one point he was an even bigger Blitzkrieg mark than I was.

Stickman
07-20-2004, 01:52 PM
My old man only watches HHH matches, because nobody else interests him. I think it's because he started being a fan in the HHH, Rock, Austin era. I try getting him to watch actual good matches and wrestlers but it bores him.

I think the average casual fan likes HHH

Corkscrewed
07-20-2004, 01:54 PM
That's just hilarious. "Triple H carrying the company." :lol:

tucsonspeed6
07-20-2004, 02:39 PM
My dad's a dumbass. He tries to point out inconsistancies, and he may catch one good one every so often, but then he starts thinking he's an expert at it and the entire night I have to listen to "Those punches didn't hurt him!!!"....and I want to say, "Oh, I never noticed. I'm kinda high right now since I just got back from smoking some pot out back and I have a hard time catching these things, dad." which wouldn't be true, but I'd still like to convey that "I hate you" feeling. Perhaps I'll write a song about it and have my buddies start learning to surf, and we can all sing in unison while we dance and we'll make money off of the "I hate you, dad, because you don't realize that William Regal doesn't actually want to hurt HHH in real life because if he did, HHH would have his ass fired." album. Sure, I know what you're all thinking, "This guy is a dumbass!" but at least I have a basic understanding of spelling and grammar, so it's not like I need to defend myself here. To tell you the truth, I just wanted to clog all of this information into one really long paragraph so the average dislexic will get frustrated at first sight of this monster and say, "Hey! Youzors didn't hit ther Entr key!" at which time I would respond, "And youzers didnt read the post!" and then I'd probably get bad repped. I don't think this is bad enough to be a banable offense, but if it is, I'll add something intelligent on the end, in a completely new paragraph mind you, to make this post legitimate. Though, I do think that it started out to be legit, it just went somewhere else. But it's not being a troll, is it? It's an easily ignorable post that some may find entertaining....well, maybe those who ass rape sheep that is. Hell, I'm not even entertained anymore. I find myself asking...myself, "should I do this? Can't I just delete it?" and the response I always get is "No. You've typed too much. Erasing it would be a waste of ten minutes of your life."

So, in conclusion, you can see that because Triple H has the decency to give up his position at the top of the heap that he isn't satan. In fact, a statement from somebody's father about them liking HHH, though seemingly dated, isn't quite as outrageous as it once was. This is the man who chose to tap out to a submission move rather than a cheap pinfall...and he's smart enough that he knew the fans would never let it die. Perhaps he realized everyone hated him, and not in the good way like we hate Kurt Angle, but a serious way that lost the company many faithful viewers. So give your dad a pat on the back next time and tell him to keep up with the times.

Sephiroth
07-20-2004, 02:43 PM
LOL you're dad is the man.

Mayo
07-20-2004, 02:46 PM
LOL, I read it all. You're great tucson. Rep :love:

Rob
07-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Gonzo - your old man needs a slap. :D

James Steele
07-20-2004, 02:53 PM
:rofl: @ tucson semi-autographed rep for you buddy ole' pal :yes:

The One
07-20-2004, 03:04 PM
The only wrestler my dad liked was the British Bulldog.

James Steele
07-20-2004, 03:26 PM
My dad really only likes Benoit, Jericho, and Flair, but mainly because he remembers them from WCW in the mid-90's.