PDA

View Full Version : QUERY - Is La Resistance still good>

Savio
07-20-2004, 03:37 PM
They seem to be losing their touch sine Rene left. All they do is sing on the mic.

What are your thoughts?

James Steele
07-20-2004, 03:39 PM
I like Rob Conway alot, he has alot of talent and potential. This La Rez is not going to last much longer though, it is out of gas.

The One
07-20-2004, 03:39 PM
I think their in ring performances have improved! I love La Resistance, I notice their heat seems to slowly be dying, and they're not as much in the faces of the dirty Americans...but as far as performances go they are Aces!

Stickman
07-20-2004, 03:45 PM
The moment La Resistance debuted I thought, "AH SHIT NOT AGAIN." I have not liked them. They may be good in the ring, but I usually change the channel when they're on. The anti-american, pro-other country has been done a gazillion times. It's not their fault it's Vince's. He seems to think you can continually have people fighting "for" or "against" America. The only times it worked in my eyes were in the days of Sgt. Slaughter, as well as the Hart Foundation days. Doesn't La Resistance seem a lot like the Quebecers?

Mayo
07-20-2004, 03:46 PM
I pretty much agree with what The One said. They are very good in the ring, but the anti-American gimmick will only get you so far until no one cares. They have to start doing other things for heel heat besides sing the Canadian anthem (even though I love it :D).

Funky Fly
07-20-2004, 03:48 PM
I think their in ring performances have improved! I love La Resistance, I notice their heat seems to slowly be dying, and they're not as much in the faces of the dirty Americans...but as far as performances go they are Aces!
Agreed. I like this incarnation since they seem more comfortable together. The writing team just needs to stop with the singing bullshit and work more towards making them look like credible champions.

LK
07-20-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by The One
:y:

James Steele
07-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Indeed. The One was right on the money. They could do alot more with 2 great young talents. I mute the TV until they start wrestling.

Anyway, the writers could come up with something better for them. They have the talent and charisma to do alot of things besides rip off the Quebecers.

loopydate
07-20-2004, 04:09 PM
Agreed. I like this incarnation since they seem more comfortable together. The writing team just needs to stop with the singing bullshit and work more towards making them look like credible champions.
Agreed. The two of them have serious in-ring skill (and I was a little way of Grenier when he first debuted), and they use the old-school heel tag team schtick perfectly.

Unfortunately, when you have a country that's as divided as the U.S. is, you're not going to get huge heel heat for a team that disagrees with our foreign policy. When half (or more) of the population of the country disagrees with it, too, that's not a very compelling reason to boo someone.

And the singing just has to stop. It's like they're trying to fill the void left by Stephanie McMahon and Steve Austin by having Grenier sing as off-key as possible. Besides, it's a direct rip-off of the days when Nikolai Volkoff used to sing the Russian national anthem before his matches to garner heel heat.

Loose Cannon
07-20-2004, 04:10 PM
They're the best team the WWE has IMO. They look like a team, they have a name, they have a finisher, they have cool entrance attire and they are pretty good wrestlers. They rule.

Disturbed316
07-20-2004, 05:37 PM
They have one of the best tag team finishers for a long time :y: