PDA

View Full Version : Stone Coyotes (New Record), Barbara Keith Debut re-released.

Kane Knight
07-22-2004, 01:59 AM
Sources of this are varied, but odds are all of 'em came form the New England Music Scrapbook or the Stone Coyotes website.

First off, the 1971 debut of Barbara Keith has been re-released, and I have recently been informed that she herself was unaware of it. See, the record company that owns the rights screwed her in the 70s, and she walked away. It features a cover of "All Along the Watchtower" and several Stone Coyotes Songs in Singer-Songwriter fashion. Not that great, but interesting to hear what a record label can do to change someone's sound. Still MIA is her second record, "Plain American Girl."

Next order of business, the Stone Coyotes get the axe from "Be Cool." Despite Linda Moon being based off of Barbara, the movie will be going in a different direction. As such, the Soundtrack will likely lack any SC content (Though Elmore himself is fighting to get one track in...Most likely Odessa). What a pisser. Aerosmith will be in it, however.

Meanwhile, The Coyotes have retreated to Red Cat Studio and are reported to be in full swing, recording two projects: The two-year overdue Barbara Keith "Defanged" solo album, and a new SC record. Barbara's solo project will likely be unplugged, as might be indicated by the use of the term "defanged." The last 3 stops on their tour (Northampton MA) all featured no intro act, but rather an acoustic set.

DaveWadding
07-22-2004, 02:25 AM
I was excited for Be Cool :(

Kane Knight
07-22-2004, 02:26 AM
Let Us Soccer Riot, David

DaveWadding
07-22-2004, 02:34 AM
Let's... *flips over stuff*

Champion of Europa
07-22-2004, 02:51 AM
I was excited for Be Cool :(

I'm hyped for Be Cool no matter what. :)