PDA

View Full Version : Bought a GameCube today.

Nowhere Man
07-23-2004, 02:54 AM
One of my friends was going to trade in his Cube today (he only bought it to play Tales of Symphonia, and already beat it), so I thought I'd finally be able to stop mooching off my friends' GC and buy my own. So for $50, I got the Cube, his memory card, Tales of Symphonia, and Super Smash Brothers Melee.

I already have a few ideas for what games I want for it, but I'd like a couple of reccomendations.

Kane Knight
07-23-2004, 03:20 AM
Sweet.

Kane Knight
07-23-2004, 03:20 AM
GC is awesome.

Triple A
07-23-2004, 03:25 AM
One of my friends was going to trade in his Cube today (he only bought it to play Tales of Symphonia, and already beat it), so I thought I'd finally be able to stop mooching off my friends' GC and buy my own. So for $50, I got the Cube, his memory card, Tales of Symphonia, and Super Smash Brothers Melee.

I already have a few ideas for what games I want for it, but I'd like a couple of reccomendations.

get uh.....the wrestlemania series hahah

but seriously...mario part series..uh...yeah dont know i dont play GameCube alot

road doggy dogg
07-23-2004, 03:29 AM
SSBM is already an awesome game, nice grab therrrrre

Um... if you don't own them all already on other consoles, that Zelda Collector's thing is pretty nice. I'm addicted to Animal Crossing like mad as well... any sports games you like are a good pick, although the Gamecube lacks any online support. Metroid Prime is a must-buy, and Pikmin is another awesome single-player game.

LoDownM
07-23-2004, 03:41 AM
Tales of Symphonia

I SO wanna play that. But lack a GC.

Funky Fly
07-23-2004, 05:13 AM
If you like action/rpg, Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 is what you need. Good luck finding it for under $50, though.

If you want a hard racing game, F-Zero GX. For easier racing Mario Kart Double Dash.

Soul Calibur 2 for Fighting (Link > Spawn > Heihachi).

TheNamelessOne
07-23-2004, 07:16 AM
Get Viewtiful Joe. One of the most challenging yet fun games to be released on the GameCube. Or get the PS2 version when it comes out - Dante from DMC is going to be in it :D

SukkaChump
07-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Tales of Symphonia is one Badass game, especially when four people are playing it, i got it like two days ago and me and 3 of my friends are more then halfway through it already.. i loves that game

MrMeJW
07-23-2004, 01:35 PM
WarioWare, Zelda, Enternal Darkness

V
07-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Eternal Darkness
Viewtiful Joe
Animal Crossing
Pikmin

those are all very good games, also if you're into wrestling, WWE DAy of Reckoning for gamecube is going to be awesome, i'm keeping up with every bit of news of that game, it's coming out late august/early september

i've had gamecube since it came out, payed a lot more than you did lmao

Kane Knight
07-23-2004, 02:20 PM
If you want a hard racing game, F-Zero GX.
Awesome game.

Soul Caiber sucks though.

Funky Fly
07-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Soul Caiber sucks though.
LIES! :mad:

Thankfully, both of my brothers are fighting game fanatics, so the matches never get old. And we each have 1 or 2 characters that we are almost unbeatable with. I'm decent with just about everyone, but here is the break down.

Me: Maxi and Mitsurugi

Mr. Biatch: Yunsung and Link

Other Brother: Talim and Yunsung

Nowhere Man
07-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Man, I've got a lot of shopping to do.

Oxstar
07-23-2004, 05:00 PM
You got your Gamecube for a bargain price*cheap as chips* The only game I have played on Gamecube is Luigi's Mansion and that was quite good:D

Kane Knight
07-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Soul Caliber still sucks, whether you're a fighting game fanatic or not. :p

Nowhere Man
07-23-2004, 05:06 PM
Honestly, I gotta agree. Soul Calibur has way too much button-mashing for my tastes. I'll take Virtua Fighter any day.

Xero
07-23-2004, 05:21 PM
get uh.....the wrestlemania series hahah

The first one sucked, but the second one (XIX) reminds me ALOT of No Mercy, I just got into it a few months ago again...

Anyway:

Animal Crossing
Mega Man Aniversery Collection
Sonic Mega Collection
LOZ: WW
LOZ Collectors Edition (The one w/ Zelda 1, 2, OOT, and MM, you'll need to get it used since it was a promotion from NP... I got it free just for renewing my subscription :D)
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2 (If you dont have the DC versions)

Those are the best games I have...

Funky Fly
07-23-2004, 08:06 PM
Honestly, I gotta agree. Soul Calibur has way too much button-mashing for my tastes. I'll take Virtua Fighter any day.
You can button mash if you are crap, but if you've ever watched really skilled players in the arcade, the hardly press any buttons.

Button mashing your way through a fight is useless in that game. :lol:

Kane Knight
07-23-2004, 08:31 PM
The first one sucked, but the second one (XIX) reminds me ALOT of No Mercy, I just got into it a few months ago again...
Best wrestling game for a current system if you don't mind a lack of story mode. Smackdown: HCTP owns it in that sense.

Kane Knight
07-23-2004, 08:37 PM
You can button mash if you are crap, but if you've ever watched really skilled players in the arcade, the hardly press any buttons.

Button mashing your way through a fight is useless in that game. :lol:
Blah blah blah blah.

I've heard this same ego masturbating power trip from a ton of people. I've seen those "experts" get whooped by button mashing.

Pretending it's a game of skill just makes people look retardd. :lol:

Xero
07-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Best wrestling game for a current system if you don't mind a lack of story mode. Smackdown: HCTP owns it in that sense.
I agree. I'm just saying that XIX isnt THAT bad... (I also prefer it's simulation type gameplay vs. SD:HCTP's arcade style, but I like both for diffrent reasons...)

Kane Knight
07-23-2004, 10:23 PM
I agree. I'm just saying that XIX isnt THAT bad... (I also prefer it's simulation type gameplay vs. SD:HCTP's arcade style, but I like both for diffrent reasons...)
I'm agreeing. Like I said. Best Current game on the market...Unless Season mode concerns you.

IT concerns me somewhat, but not enough to ruin the fun of playing.

Funky Fly
07-23-2004, 10:36 PM
Blah blah blah blah.

I've heard this same ego masturbating power trip from a ton of people. I've seen those "experts" get whooped by button mashing.

Pretending it's a game of skill just makes people look retardd. :lol:
If only this game were online... :mad:

V
07-24-2004, 02:00 AM
You got your Gamecube for a bargain price*cheap as chips* The only game I have played on Gamecube is Luigi's Mansion and that was quite good:D

wow

if you thought luigi's mansion was good, you must not play a lot of video games lol

it's so short, one dimensional, no storyline, only one basic way of fighting enemies, the game is short(whoops said that twice..), it can be EASILY beaten in one sitting, with minimal effort, man that game was a joke, you should try some of the other games listed in this thread if you liked luigis mansion :)

Kane Knight
07-24-2004, 02:49 PM
If only this game were online... :mad:
Then what?

The game was barely even worth a rental for me. It's not like jOO culd pwn me, because I wouldn't shell out for the game.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-24-2004, 02:55 PM
I dunno. I like HCTP and I never liked a Smackdown game before that. I think some of the "hardcore" moments are hilarious.

WM XIX is the game of skill and HCTP is the party game as far as multi-player goes. Day Of Reckoning looks damn good so far though :D

Kane Knight
07-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Dunno. Without a story/season mode, it's hard to really just plop down and play something for more than a few minutes at a time.

Despite not being aas good a game gameplay wise, despite not being as well done or interesting, it's more fun to be able to run through a season mode.

WMXIX is awesome, but it's feature limited, match limited, and Revenge mode saps some of the replay out.

I save it mostly for when my friends are over so I can have some fun battle royals and shit.

Funky Fly
07-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Revenge mode is pretty easy when you know what you're doing. I ran through it in one sitting recently, and I only messed up like 3 times total.

Funky Fly
07-24-2004, 05:20 PM
But it still sucks compared to a full blown season mode.

Oxstar
07-24-2004, 06:34 PM
wow

if you thought luigi's mansion was good, you must not play a lot of video games lol

it's so short, one dimensional, no storyline, only one basic way of fighting enemies, the game is short(whoops said that twice..), it can be EASILY beaten in one sitting, with minimal effort, man that game was a joke, you should try some of the other games listed in this thread if you liked luigis mansion :)
I had to sell my Game cube cause I was broke so I only got to play Luigi's Mansion and Star Wars something fighter, the only games I play now are Pro Evolution Soccer, Virtua Tennis, Championship Manager and little internet games.

loopydate
07-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Spider-Man 2
Mega Man Anniversary Collection

I don't play much GC, but when I do it's usually one of these two or Melee, which you already have.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-24-2004, 07:32 PM
wow

Yeah, this is what happens when your main flagship launch title is nowhere near finished (Starfox Adventures) and you have to do a rush job on something that was just supposed to be an E3 tech demo ;) I've read several times that Rares inability to stick to release dates was the reason Nintendo didn't fully buy them out when they had the chance

Kane Knight
07-24-2004, 08:24 PM
Spider-Man 2
Mega Man Anniversary Collection

I don't play much GC, but when I do it's usually one of these two or Melee, which you already have.
I want MMAC so bad, but I'm broke. :mad:

Kane Knight
07-24-2004, 08:25 PM
c_fireonswRevenge mode is pretty easy when you know what you're doing. I ran through it in one sitting recently, and I only messed up like 3 times total.

It's not that it's hard though, just that it's not all that fun. Plus, those parking lot scenes fucking pissed me off. The others were msotly easy. Doesn't make them any more fun, however.

I only touch it when I need to beef a CAW.

Kane Knight
07-24-2004, 08:27 PM
orldkinBut it still sucks compared to a full blown season mode.
Very much so.

Though there's always the Royal Rumble Drinking game. Works for any game with a RR-style match involved too.

We just did a version when we had like 8 people here. Every time someone was controlling a wrestler and they got knocked out, they had to down a shot.

The Rumbles started getting really funny after the fifth or sicths round of entrants.

Goldbird
07-24-2004, 09:58 PM
OMG MELEE!

I love that game, still reminds me of when during the winter of 2000, I was queueing up in the streets of Japan, playing that game :lol:

V
07-25-2004, 01:25 AM
revenge mode was horrible, besides in multiplayer

the next gc WWE game, will have a full season mode (thank god)

Kane Knight
07-25-2004, 01:28 AM
The next game looks AWESOME.

Least they learned fast.

V
07-25-2004, 05:43 PM
took them a while actually, wrestlemania x8 was complete horse shit, wrestlemania xix was a solid game minus the storyline, now WWE Dor has a lot more than wmxix plus a storyline, i'm worried that since you can only play the story as a CAW it might not be as good as a smackdown season mode

Funky Fly
07-25-2004, 07:14 PM
took them a while actually, wrestlemania x8 was complete horse shit, wrestlemania xix was a solid game minus the storyline, now WWE Dor has a lot more than wmxix plus a storyline, i'm worried that since you can only play the story as a CAW it might not be as good as a smackdown season mode
To be honest, though, I next to never play real characters in wrestling games if I can make a CAW.

Kane Knight
07-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Wow. You can only play it as a CAW? :mad:

Anyways, 3 games isn't as horrible as Smackdown. The first one blew, the second one blew, but got people interested because its CAW system was so in depth, and it took them another 3 gmes to actually get good gameplay going.

V
07-26-2004, 03:01 AM
To be honest, though, I next to never play real characters in wrestling games if I can make a CAW.

yeah but the thing is, what if you want one of the real wrestlers to get a title? you can't go through the story mode and get them the title, that's what's bugging me, i almost always play as a CAW As well

and KK lol, good point, smackdown did take a longer time to get good, and smackdown's CAW system is a piece of shit compared to WMXIX's CAW system, check out my red ranger caw :lol:

http://cc.thecellgame.net/Red/Red4.jpg

then there's batman...

http://cc.thecellgame.net/batman.jpg

yeah as you can probobly tell, i'm very bored, but you'd never be able to make them look that close to their real life version on smackdown, well unless you put A LOT of effort into using the "designs" to look like logos and stuff

Kane Knight
07-26-2004, 03:25 AM
:eek:

Gonzo
07-26-2004, 03:25 AM
Those are pretty good looking. :y:

Kane Knight
07-26-2004, 03:29 AM
That Red Ranger one is awesome.

Gonzo
07-26-2004, 03:32 AM
The face especially.

Kane Knight
07-26-2004, 03:33 AM
I haven't gone into that much detail, but I've made good use of the features on the WM CAW. I hope they add more to it for the next one, tho.

I always want more tho. I'm a greedy SOB. Plus, I want to be able to better make the CAWs I want.

I usually just do simple logos and shit, but the more the better.

Gonzo
07-26-2004, 03:35 AM
It would be nice if the CAW was complex and hard. That way you get a better sense of accomplishment from making a good one.

Kane Knight
07-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Naw. We don't really need to frustrate more people.

Funky Fly
07-26-2004, 01:32 PM
You made a Batman CAW too? Mine is more like the cartoon one with the all black logo, thogh.

That red ranger CAW is pretty hottttttttttt. Not as hott as my Ultimo Dragon or Cyclops CAWs, though.

If you try to make a Spiderman CAW, it won't come out very nicely, due to them botching the main parts.

Loose Cannon
07-26-2004, 01:45 PM
It would be nice if the CAW was complex and hard. That way you get a better sense of accomplishment from making a good one.

god no. I get impatient as it is putting just one guy together.

Kane Knight
07-26-2004, 04:29 PM
god no. I get impatient as it is putting just one guy together.
Like I said.

Or they could give more options, basically making it as quick or in depth as you want to go. Most of the time I want to make a simple one, but if I want to go in depth, I'd like to have the option...

Gonzo
07-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Like I said.

Or they could give more options, basically making it as quick or in depth as you want to go. Most of the time I want to make a simple one, but if I want to go in depth, I'd like to have the option...

YEAH. That is what I meant. I don't know what I was on when I said 'complex and hard'. :roll:

Kane Knight
07-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Sorry, if I want a straightforward T-Shirt, I want to be able to take a stock item, make it the right color, and get on with it.

It really shouldn't take 9 hours to come up with ring attire if your wrestler is a "T-Shirt and Jeans" kind of guy.

It shouldn't be like pulling teeth.

There should be options that allow you to make it as complex as you want, but the CAW process should be simple, straightforward, and simple. That way it's only as challenging as you want it to be.

V
07-26-2004, 05:37 PM
There should be options that allow you to make it as complex as you want, but the CAW process should be simple, straightforward, and simple. That way it's only as challenging as you want it to be.

That's exactly how WMXIX's caw system was, you can do lots with simplicity, or you can use the logo editor and go crazy

it took me so long to make that red ranger, i've got the formula thing if anyone wants it http://cc.thecellgame.net/index.php?page=Red , batman and some others are up there too, and i'm not trying to spam my site or anything, my caw site has been dead for a long time

thanks for all the compliments on red ranger everyone :D

funny how this turned into a wmxix thread lol

Team Sheep
07-26-2004, 05:41 PM
Right, I've put my foot down on this one. I vow never to buy another non PS2 wrestling game. I bought RAW, WM 18 and 19 and they all dissapointed so badly and also wasted my money. I'm sticking with the Smackdown series from now on. :mad:

Kane Knight
07-26-2004, 05:54 PM
And the ony Smackdown! game that hasn't disappointed me is the latest.

Killa
08-01-2004, 11:37 PM
this thread is dead

Jonster
08-01-2004, 11:49 PM
this thread is deadSo why did you bump it?