PDA

View Full Version : Dave Mercy (me) Vs Alex Steele (king Jericho) Download the Match!

Dave Youell
07-23-2004, 05:08 PM
right click and save as:

http://mikethemetaled.showyourmoon....ercyvsteele.wmv

Thanks to Hardcore UK (everyone rep the fuck out of him right now!) I can show the CSF's Dave Mercy Vs Alex Steele from Overload 2004 last march from Yate Lesuire centre.

The match is a last man standing match.

Sorry for the poor quality but I had to reduce the original size as it was 200mbs!!! I got it down to 30mb now, so anyone with broadband should take baout 5-10 minutes to download.

Please give feedback here.

Corkscrewed
07-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Hey, you seriously fucked up the link.

Corkscrewed
07-23-2004, 05:18 PM
http://mikethemetaled.showyourmoon.com/other/mercyvsteele.wmv

In case other people have trouble, the full path is

http://mikethemetaled.showyourmoon.com/ other/mercyvsteele.wmv

just take out the space (which I put in so it'd show the full thing w/o automatically shortening it)

Dave Youell
07-23-2004, 05:19 PM
http://mikethemetaled.showyourmoon.com/other/mercyvsteele.wmv
cheers
rep 4 u!

Corkscrewed
07-23-2004, 05:22 PM
(I'm gonna revise this as I watch the match.)

LOL! He uses Christian's music!

King Jericho is mad over. I can't completely understand what he's saying because of the audio quality, but I guess he got a girl pregnant? Dave's girl pregnant? Anyway, if you can clear up the backstory, that'd be cool.

Opening is pretty cool. Intense spear starts it off... maybe Jericho's the heel and you're the face, Dave? You guys took it outside a tad early for my personal tastes, but it wasn't horrible. Dave does a nice job working the crowd.

The sequential shoulder blocks were a little odd. They seemed forced and choreographed rather than spontaneous, as if you were waiting for the other to do the move. I know that's how it is, but it shouldn't look like that. Just a little nitpick, that's all. :)

Nice spot by Alex, double flying axe handle. I would have preferred a double somersault corkscrew plancha, but ya can't always get that (:p). It makes a good change of pace from Dave's initial domination.

LMAO at the kids going "YOU SUCK JERICHO" after the two neckbreaker type moves (the first one, the slow swinging neckbreaker's pretty sweet). Very nice dropkick, and the neck submission is good ring psychology. I like the Northern Lights (I think that's the one), though Dave could have gotten a tad bit more airtime. For a split second, I thought the landing might be awkward. At this rate, the pace could be a little quicker (my opinion again).

Right as I type that, Alex hits a nice Corkscrew Moonsault. Dave, you idiot! You could have seen it coming a mile away! :D King Jericho is a mad heel. :cool:

ROFLMAO at Jericho with the fake Bronco Buster or whatever he was gonna do and the rollover. Smacks Dave in the face, gets laughter and heat. Dave, you're looking pretty weak right now. Although I kinda called it after the intense start. ;) Dave finally gets up, and on a side note, you kinda look like Mick Foley from a few back views for some reason. I think I'm just stupid.

Nice spot with the delayed bulldog. So far, my main beef is that it seems like it's a series of scenes that aren't exactly connected. I'm wanting to see some more flow... some longer sequences of actions. Maybe an extended brawl, or a series of counters or something. But right now, it's hit a good move, wait for him to give up. I know it's a Last Man Standing Match, but if I were a wrestler, I'd work on the guy more steadily before I start waiting for the count after hitting a big move. Again, this is just my opinion.

So to answer my request, Alex hints two continuous vertical suplexes, then modifies a DDT into an X-Factor. Well, it continues on the overal ring psychology of working on the neck, in a way, though not directly... yet. Nice moves though. That was pretty cool.

WHOA! Spinning head scissors by the REF??? Your refs are way cooler than WWE refs, who are pussies. THAT's new, and hilarious. If I see him knocked down for five minutes after a clothesline, though, I'm gonna wonder. Dave takes advantage of the blantant ref cheating by giving Alex an Edgecution, and Alex oversells the living shit out of it, Rock-style. :lol: I dunno if the crowd is chanting "Bullshit" or "bortion" or something else.

Dave with a wicked chair shot, then drops the chair! :rofl: Better yet, Alex eventually gets up, but doesn't pick up the chair. :D Two trade punches in a sort of comedic fashion (crowd likes it) before Dave picks Alex up and gives him what would technically be a fireman's carry to swinging guillotine maneuver (or basically a reverse F-5). Interestingly, that's the move I think Luther Reigns should use as his finisher and the move I'd use if I were a real wrestler. Dave will get major rep for that, because I love that move (whatever you personally call it). :)

Alex gets up and is rushed by Dave, but he counters the clothesline into a modified spinning Sambo or something. Think Rock Bottom, except spinning to the right and landing on the back. Very cool move I've seen only a few times. :y: :y: Follow that with one of those "knocks both guys down" moves that I think Dave hit, not Alex. Alex eventually gets up, then does a Ric Flair flop, LOL. I'll tell you what: it may not flow as much as I'd like it to, but this is a very entertaining match. Very fun to watch.

Another double clothesline with some nice airtime. Pace is draggy a bit, but hey, they're tired. It's last man standing. Chairshot by Alex to the gut! Dave looks like he just had some bad cream filling. Follow that with Alex giving Dave a hernia test... I mean low blow. That's crazy heel stuff, Jericho.

I also just finally figured out the crowd is chanting JerrrrrriCHO! all this time. They were dragging it out, so I couldn't figure it out. :D

Alex does his best HBK impression, telling all of England he's going to kick Dave, then kicks him... in the nuts. Well, I guess that's one way of keeping someone down. Did you go to the HHH School of Wrestling, Mr. Steele? :D Alex taunts the fans while Dave grabs his nuts, then when Dave gets up, Alex hits him in the back. Using what he learned from the Undertaker School of Wrestling, Dave completely no-sells. :lol: A chair shot puts him on his knees, though (seriously... HHH School of Wrestling...). Another shot gets him wrapped in the ropes conveniently, where he takes a third unprotected chairshot. You know what? My earlier comparison of Dave to Mick is starting to turn psychic. Nice turn to a bit of hardcore. Except Alex then loosens one arm from the rope. The heel did a nice thing! :D

But Dave keeps on getting up (ala Mick)! Alex is getting humorously pissed off. "STAY DOWN! I'M BETTA THAN YOU!" Sounds so funny in the British accent to me, the stupid American. Alex hits another one of those spinning Rock Bottom type moves. A nice dropkick to the kisser (at this point, JR would say Dave is LITERALLY broken in half after what he calls a Superkick) and Dave looks kinda unconscious.

King Jericho helps Dave get some shuteye by putting a chair over his head to block out the light. Then he gives him an elbow drop from the top rope (I was guessing leg drop) to kinda knock him out (or try). Both men are down; if this is a tie, I'm gonna be pissed.

Alex gets up. Dave stays down. Dave loses. Which makes me wonder, it seems like every match between you and King Jericho, you lose. Maybe you should start calling yourself Jericho and he should be Triple H. *rimshot*

Basic thoughts:
- Very entertaining match. Good spots at the end, great crowd interaction.
- Beginning seemed to drag a little bit. I would have wanted the beginning to see some more continuous action, with maybe some mat wrestling or some minor moves, then have it slow down as the time drags and the wrestler's get tired. Towards the end, you hit the heavy hitters and try to get the other guy counted out. That's just me though.
- Dave has better music than King Jericho... only because Jericho doesn't have the sparks. ;)
- Nice job, guys. I have even more admiration for you two now. You're great workers and that was some nice, hard work.

:y:

Disturbed316
07-23-2004, 05:59 PM
Downloading now. Gonna interupt Tenacious D to watch this so it better be good :mad:

Dave Youell
07-23-2004, 06:03 PM
Downloading now. Gonna interupt Tenacious D to watch this so it better be good :mad:
yeah its worth it

Disturbed316
07-23-2004, 06:08 PM
LOL Christian's music

Cocky bastard pose.

Alex seems to be well over with the girls in the crowd. Is that his mum cheering so loud.

ITS ALL BECAUSE OF ALEX STEELE! :mad:

Mike the Metal Ed
Thanks to Hardcore UK (everyone rep the fuck out of him right now!)
http://64.227.53.186/images/forums/buttons/reputation.gif (http://tpww.net/forums/reputation.php?p=476760)

Disturbed316
ROFL Its the match with the pregnant jibe in :love:

Disturbed316
07-23-2004, 06:10 PM
SHE FELL OVER! SHE FELL OVER!

Disturbed316
07-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Those kids in the front row are fucking anoying

Corkscrewed
07-23-2004, 06:16 PM
My thoughts are in my edited post. I'm gonna go rep you and Hardcore UK, then wait for KJ to come so I can rep him.

Disturbed316
07-23-2004, 06:17 PM
What the fuck was Alex doing when you were in the corner? He was just running and jumping over you?

Disturbed316
07-23-2004, 06:17 PM
Pretty risky bulldog there, Dave.

Disturbed316
07-23-2004, 06:18 PM
oooooh bend over again

Corkscrewed
07-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Damn, I should have divided my thoughts into a crapload of replies

Corkscrewed
07-23-2004, 06:19 PM
instead I stupidly made it one big long post.

Disturbed316
07-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Pretty solid match :y:

Some entertaining stuff there.

Dave Youell
07-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Cheers Corcky as far as your comments go. We have worked a few matches together. I will post more matches we have had that are a bit more fast paced, but we did something different for this one.

Thanks for the feedback

Corkscrewed
07-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Cool. Chances are that part of my gripes are due to the fact that I'm not completely in on your backstory, so it was like spontaneously walking into a random match. During a case like that, I can only go with what I instinctively prefer, rather than judge based on the conditions. :) Great job, though, again, you two!

Dave Youell
07-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Yeah probably not the best match to start with as it was the final of 3 matches we were involved in

Corkscrewed
07-23-2004, 06:48 PM
That night? Cuz if you wrestled three matches that night, :eek: + :y: :y: :y:

Tornado
07-23-2004, 07:08 PM
As I said over MSN last night, pretty good stuff...:y:

Loose Cannon
07-23-2004, 07:24 PM
Pretty good match guys. I just have a few nit pickings. King Jericho is a lot smaller then you Dave. He really shouldn't be able to beat on you like he did in the begginning. I don't know, I just don't buy a guy who's giving up a lot of weight beating on a guy who's a lot stronger.

The way I would do it, is he runs away from you a lot and gets a lot of cheap shots in. Like you chase him around the ring, he rolls in and then as you roll in, he attacks you. Or he gives you low blows, poke in the eye, Stuff like that. He was dominating you in the begginning and that shouldn't be.

I think Dave has a better look then Jericho and I think Dave would make a better heel and JERICHO A better babyface.

LOL at the ref doing moves. Never seen that one.

I loved that Bronko Buster spot. That's good heel heat right there. See it's those cheap shots "the slap" that give him his heat. Dave, I liked that Modified Rock Bottom you did and that Diamond Cutter type move. NO RKO THOUGH :mad:

It was weird that Alex won cause he got a lot more offense in then you and it seemed like you should of taken the win.

But overall, it was a good match and I applaud you both.

Jonster
07-23-2004, 07:39 PM
I;ve downloaded it, but will watch it later.

:lol: at the Randy Orton-esq pose by King Jericho on entrance though.

Dave Youell
07-25-2004, 03:26 PM
That night? Cuz if you wrestled three matches that night, :eek: + :y: :y: :y:
No sorry, we had 3 matches in all. over a few shows, the first was a tag match, then we had a normal one on one the next show then the last man standing to finish it

ColdwaVer
07-25-2004, 03:41 PM
:eek: Is it me or is that ring really small?

BTW the elbow drop with the chair near the end = :eek:

Dave Youell
07-25-2004, 04:10 PM
:eek: Is it me or is that ring really small?

BTW the elbow drop with the chair near the end = :eek:
UK rings are smaller than US ones, That was a 16ft x 16ft ring

King Jericho
07-25-2004, 04:49 PM
Thanks for all your feedback guys, esp. Corky and LC. :love:

I know both me and Dave will take things away from your feedback, as we've only been in the business about a year and a half (and with only about 4-6 shows a year).

Also this type of match wasn't probably the best one to showcase as Dave said we had a fued going on with the three matches and this LMS was supposed to end it, so it is a little hardhitting and less wrestling-orientated. Dave has other matches with more wrestling based stuff.

Thanks again.

Alex Steele/King Jericho

Mayo
07-26-2004, 01:10 AM
I thought Alex was going for the Eddie Guerrero triple chain suplexes, but he finished off with an X-Factor type move, pretty cool. Also, nice diamond cutter type move from the fireman's carry position by Dave. The match tended to be one sided at times, but a great job overall :y:

OssMan
07-26-2004, 01:42 AM
will not download :mad:

Disturbed316
07-26-2004, 10:27 AM
What are your 'finishing' moves?

Goldbird
07-26-2004, 10:41 AM
The Ashley Blow.

Disturbed316
07-26-2004, 10:44 AM
The Ashley Blow.

Description please

Goldbird
07-26-2004, 10:45 AM
Description please
It's the name of his son :D

Disturbed316
07-26-2004, 10:49 AM
It's the name of his son :D

But whats the actual move?

King Jericho
07-26-2004, 01:58 PM

Dave's is 'The Stray Bullet' which is basically a T.K.O. Mine is called 'The Stainless Steele' which can be described at a 180 spinning sit-out Rock Bottom. :cool:

Loose Cannon
07-26-2004, 01:58 PM
Awesome finisher name Jericho

Corkscrewed
07-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Actually, I just realized I'm a moron. That "modified spinning Rock Bottom type" move is more like a spinning Side Effect. :D I miss Matt Hardy.

King Jericho
07-26-2004, 02:01 PM
:D

I came up with the name when I was unloading my Dishwasher, was putting a knife away and it said 'Stainless Steel' on the side, so was like 'That's awesome, i'm using it'.

Another one of my moves is called 'The Blades of Steele' after the classic NES Ice Hockey game called Blades of Steel. :love:

Corkscrewed
07-26-2004, 02:04 PM
LMAO. That's pretty cool.

I still think it's hilarious how you were shouting: "STAY DOWN! I'M BETTA THAN YOU!!!"

King Jericho
07-26-2004, 02:05 PM
In my British Accent no less. ;)

King Jericho
07-26-2004, 02:07 PM
'Oh I am sorry, please have a spot of tea, spit spot, spit spat, hip hop and all that Jazz' [/Posh British Accent]

Loose Cannon
07-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Jericho, I think you would make a great Honky Tonk kind of heel. Basically, you think everyone likes you even though they don't and you pull out victories from the skin of your teeth. And you use chaep tactics all the time.

King Jericho
07-26-2004, 02:09 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Loose Cannon again.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
07-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Well done for being able to concentrate in front of such a high-pitched whiney crowd. :y:

King Jericho
07-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah that was a direction I was thinking of taking my character after a while, because characters have to move on and evolve, it was something I was thinking of doing after a while.

Basically right now i'm supposed to be mad cocky and think i'm better than everyone, and it works really well, even though on that match because were in our home town a lot of my friends are there so thier are some cheers, but if we were anywhere else, then I would get more heel heat.

Head
07-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Not working.

The Mackem
07-26-2004, 08:09 PM
I'm liking it so far haha

The Mackem
07-26-2004, 08:17 PM
Dave fight back, get that cocky son of a bitch beaten down!

The Mackem
07-26-2004, 08:18 PM
"Alex is a knob jockey"

The Mackem
07-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Holy shit the ref, what a fucking guy!

The Mackem
07-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Steel chair! Steel chair!

The Mackem
07-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Well I've got to say I actually loved it with it being a match from two guys from the forums but if I was neutral I still probably would have liked it.

The main point I wanted to get across is that for a year and a half you guys have really learned a lot. I'm sure there are people around the country that have been wrestling a lot longer who couldn't get a match of that quality/crowd interaction.

Alex your crowd interaction is brilliant. I also like your teases of famous WWE type moves that turn into something else. The best examples was probably the HBK like stomp but then kicking Youell in the balls and the two suplexes into the X Factor. It's like showing the audience what they want to see and then not doing it. Heel heat. You've got some nice moves and a good gimmick. I couldn't hear some of your responses exact but if you haven't already you need a response to gay/bi sexual shouts. Something along the lines of the good old "your momma" retorts etc.

Dave what can I say, he kicked your ass. I would have liked to have seen more offense from you cos you look like one mean motherfucker that would destory a city after a night on the lash. I liked the moves you did as well but God please think about your brains when you take those chair shots ;) The tie up in the ropes was mental.

The ref bit was just amazing, is he a real wrestler then?

Overall, I've got to say I was impressed. I can't get over the fact that you've only been wrestling for a year and a half. You must put some serious training in. well done guys :y:

Dave Youell
07-27-2004, 08:31 AM
Well I've got to say I actually loved it with it being a match from two guys from the forums but if I was neutral I still probably would have liked it.

The main point I wanted to get across is that for a year and a half you guys have really learned a lot. I'm sure there are people around the country that have been wrestling a lot longer who couldn't get a match of that quality/crowd interaction.

Alex your crowd interaction is brilliant. I also like your teases of famous WWE type moves that turn into something else. The best examples was probably the HBK like stomp but then kicking Youell in the balls and the two suplexes into the X Factor. It's like showing the audience what they want to see and then not doing it. Heel heat. You've got some nice moves and a good gimmick. I couldn't hear some of your responses exact but if you haven't already you need a response to gay/bi sexual shouts. Something along the lines of the good old "your momma" retorts etc.

Dave what can I say, he kicked your ass. I would have liked to have seen more offense from you cos you look like one mean motherfucker that would destory a city after a night on the lash. I liked the moves you did as well but God please think about your brains when you take those chair shots ;) The tie up in the ropes was mental.

The ref bit was just amazing, is he a real wrestler then?

Overall, I've got to say I was impressed. I can't get over the fact that you've only been wrestling for a year and a half. You must put some serious training in. well done guys :y:

The ref isn't a wreslter, but he can do a few spots.

And yes we have trained with each other for ages, so when we work together it just clicks really easily

Hired Hitman
07-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Nice job. But I expected to see a lot more weapon useage for a No DQ match.

Hired Hitman
07-27-2004, 11:05 AM
It's because of Alex Steele. :cool:

uh... I like The Stainless Steele, that looks cool.

oh and The Stray Bullet is pretty hot, as well.

again, nice job, guys :y:

Hired Hitman
07-27-2004, 11:08 AM
...Okay one more thing, Those kids saying "cut your hair" over and over, that is real creative... damn brats.

King Jericho
07-27-2004, 11:37 AM
...Okay one more thing, Those kids saying "cut your hair" over and over, that is real creative... damn brats.

But i get mad heat, and i've started using my hair to my advantage, like taking a brush to the ring and brushing it after giving a few moves. :cool:

Hired Hitman
07-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Nice :cool:

Corkscrewed
07-27-2004, 01:35 PM
But i get mad heat, and i've started using my hair to my advantage, like taking a brush to the ring and brushing it after giving a few moves. :cool:

ROFLMAO! That's really creative! Great thinking there! :y: :y:

Dave Youell
07-27-2004, 03:33 PM
ROFLMAO! That's really creative! Great thinking there! :y: :y:
I swear each week he comes up with another idea/move/gimmick