PDA

View Full Version : Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle

Triple A
07-24-2004, 05:19 AM
I dunno this movie looks like it could be real funny. At first I was like wtf is this, but now I am starting to get a positive vibe. Def. gonna check it out next weekend.

I read some interviews with the writers of the movie and they actually sound like they are the man. Like people I would like to chill with or something. They said they loved Oz, Family Guy, Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc. COME ON. :love:

el fregadero
07-24-2004, 05:21 AM
I'm contemplating whether or not I should see it in theater.

Triple A
07-24-2004, 05:22 AM
I heard that the previews do the movie no justice. The guys said that the trailer was real watered down cause the movie is R rated and mad shit had to be cut out of the previews, so the jokes lost their funniness or something. But even the trailers look funny so maybe the movie will rule.

Triple A
07-24-2004, 05:22 AM
There was some free preview at a few theaters here tonight. Had to work though. :mad:

AareDub
07-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Gonna go see this and Napolean Dynamite next weekend :y:

Bo
07-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Gonna go see this and Napolean Dynamite next weekend :y:

Same here

The Naitch
07-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Yeah in Canada they advertise the previews as watered down. The chinese guy was in American Pie. I think his only line was "Dude, chick's a MILF"

OssMan
07-24-2004, 09:47 PM
the guy who plays Kumar pisses me off. also it is annoying me that all of these movies have little asian guyswho people think are the funniest. not because of what they say, but because they are small and asian. IE THE GOONIES, THE PERFECT SCORE

YOUR Hero
07-24-2004, 10:32 PM
I think this movie is going to be really good. I saw the preview and I believe I went through the same range of thoughts and emotions as AAA did. LAst movie I saw, they showed another preview of it, and I was pretty convinced of it's potential.

Frank Grimes Jnr
07-25-2004, 12:38 AM
I'll go see it just because its got Chris Meloni in it.
What is this Napoleon Dynamite movie all about? I've heard so many good things but I don't think its ever coming out in Australia.

#1-norm-fan
07-25-2004, 07:35 AM
I haven't seen the full-length previews but I've seen the TV spots and they look awful. Like... not just because it is watered down but because the writing is bad. It reminds me of Super Troopers somehow. I dunno. I'll wait to see what kind of reaction it gets but with the lack of people I already like in the movie, there is virtually no chance I'll pay to see this in the theater.

AareDub
07-25-2004, 12:54 PM
It reminds me of Super Troopers somehow.

...and that's a bad thing? Super Troopers was hilarious!

Boondock Saint
07-25-2004, 03:50 PM
...and that's a bad thing? Super Troopers was hilarious!

Damn right. Super Troopers is comic genius.

Anyways, I'm prolly gonna check this out.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-25-2004, 04:50 PM
Yea prob gonna check it out this week sometime

#1-norm-fan
07-25-2004, 04:59 PM
Club Dread was funnier than Super Troopers... and Club Dread was painfully unfunny.

DaveWadding
07-25-2004, 08:51 PM
Looks like shit. Just like "Dude, Where's My Car?" (same people involved)

samichna
07-26-2004, 10:54 AM
Is it a big time stoner movie?

Kane Knight
07-31-2004, 01:06 AM
Damn right. Super Troopers is comic genius.

Anyways, I'm prolly gonna check this out.
Comic genius?

They basically nicked the personalities of real Vermont state troopers.

Hardly takes a genius.

Kane Knight
07-31-2004, 01:06 AM
Is it wrong that when I saw the black guy in jail, I immediately thought of Funky?

Boondock Saint
07-31-2004, 01:08 AM
Comic genius?

They basically nicked the personalities of real Vermont state troopers.

Hardly takes a genius.

Oh ya? Never encountered one. Alas. :-\

Kane Knight
07-31-2004, 01:24 AM
Oh ya? Never encountered one. Alas. :-\
I live in Vermont.

The cops know it. They even had fun picking out who was who.

The characters are pretty much the real police.

Boondock Saint
07-31-2004, 01:26 AM
Sweet.

Kane Knight
07-31-2004, 01:38 AM
Yeah, I'm so gonna get my legs broken for this tho. :eek:

#1-norm-fan
07-31-2004, 05:44 AM
I live in Vermont.

The cops know it. They even had fun picking out who was who.

The characters are pretty much the real police.

If someone is on death row, I bet they just throw them in a room with the cops and bore them to death then. Cause that's what watching the characters did to me. :o

AareDub
07-31-2004, 02:25 PM
Did anybody else see this? I saw it last night. It was ok, but you have to really not take it seriously. Like, it's pretty funny if you don't mind the fact that they smoke out with an escaped cheetah and then ride it for a while at like 60mph. It's petty much on par with all the other movies of its kind, if you like those types then this one won't disappoint.

JZ
07-31-2004, 11:45 PM
the guy who plays Kumar pisses me off. also it is annoying me that all of these movies have little asian guyswho people think are the funniest. not because of what they say, but because they are small and asian. IE THE GOONIES, THE PERFECT SCORE

There is nothing wrong with The Goonies!!!

FakeLaser
08-01-2004, 01:00 AM
Best movie of 2004 so far.

I'm not kidding.

Then again, I have lived the plot out many times. It's probably much funnier if you were at one time a stoner and are from New Jersey like myself. Anyway, from my persepective, this was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I'm sure most people won't agree with me, but I thought this movie fucking kicked ass.

Hired Hitman
08-01-2004, 01:03 AM
I saw them on Connan last week, The Movie looks good.

FakeLaser
08-01-2004, 01:19 AM
Yeah, seriously, everyone should see this movie.

blueskies
08-01-2004, 04:51 AM
I definately can't wait 'til this movies comes out on DVD... one of the funniest movie I've ever seen..

Volchok
08-01-2004, 09:47 AM
i just saw the movie last night with my friend and it was hilarious... the movie was one of the funniest i ever saw...

Big Fat Mike
08-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Probably gonna go down to cherry hill tonite for some white castle.

Crimson
08-02-2004, 12:26 AM
It was funny, laughed out loud a couple times. Not disappointed.

Xen0ciDe
08-02-2004, 12:40 AM
Hopefully I will get to see it this week!

Smitty
08-02-2004, 03:04 AM
Good f'n movie. Wow, with this, Anchorman, and Napoleon Dynamite, there are 3 top notch comedies to chose from.

Triple A
08-02-2004, 06:43 PM
It was alright. I was expecting it to be way funnier but instead, it was what I expected before I heard all the good things about it.

It's really NOT THAT GREAT. Filled with typical jokes you would see in every other "American Pie-like" movie. There were a couple of actual witty moments, but I dunno. Disappointed.

AareDub
08-02-2004, 10:19 PM
It was alright. I was expecting it to be way funnier but instead, it was what I expected before I heard all the good things about it.

It's really NOT THAT GREAT. Filled with typical jokes you would see in every other "American Pie-like" movie. There were a couple of actual witty moments, but I dunno. Disappointed.

Anybody that ever does another movie in the genre needs to realize that some of these jokes are over used. The scene in the particular movie that comes to mind is the "Battle Shits" game. I was just like :| Not because it was controversial or anything, just because it's been done, and it wasn't really that funny the first few times.

FFD
08-02-2004, 11:48 PM
It was ok. It wasn't the best. Some parts were wicked lame, but other parts were wicked funny. I was expecting it to be funnier.

Boondock Saint
08-04-2004, 12:53 AM
I laughed my ass during this. Haven't laughed this hard in the theater since Super Troopers.

Anchorman was damn funny, but I think this surpasses it. Still thinking about that one though.

Triple A
08-04-2004, 12:59 AM
What was so funny about it. I don't get it. It wasn't anything special at all. It was up there with other comedies like Van Wilder and shit.

AareDub
08-04-2004, 01:05 AM
Now that I think about it, it kinda gave me an "Adam Sandler move" vibe. Like comedies where things happen that are so far fetched and unreasonable that you can't enjoy the humor because you're thinking about how stupid it was that they stop a Yankees game so somebody can kiss on the field, or in this case, two stoners ride a cheetah.

Boondock Saint
08-04-2004, 01:19 AM
I just laughed hysterically at the majority of random shit in the movie. Especially with the skateboard gang. That's my favorite type of comedy. Kumar marrying the bag of weed I thought was pure hilarity. Jaime Kennedy pissing next to Kumar. The "lame versions" being beaten up. I dunno. It's not everybodys type of comedy.

The cheetah thing I thought fell a little flat, but aside from that I was thorughly entertained. It was also cool to see an Indian American and Korean American as leads in a Hollywood movie. That's pretty rare.

I never saw Dude Where's My Car? so I can't compare it to that, nor did I have any pre-determined notions about the director's style so I pretty much went in just expecting a typical stoner comedy. Which is what it was, but just executed well enough for me to enjoy.

Van Wilder for example, I didn't like very much at all. Teen/College comedies tend to be hit or miss with me, I guess.

Blue Demon
08-04-2004, 07:28 AM
Saw the movie last night....funny as hell

AareDub
08-04-2004, 04:21 PM
The "lame versions" being beaten up

:lol: I totally forgot about that part. I was laughing so hard when that happened.

Triple A
08-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Yeah some stuff was hilarious. When he called the bag of weed a fucking whore and stuff, I was like LOL. The "extreme" stuff was funny too, yeah. But there were a lot of repeated jokes that have been done in like 2937 other movies.

#1-norm-fan
09-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Saw it tuesday night at the cheap theater. It suprised me. It was really quite funny. The whole sequence with him marrying the bag of weed was ROFL.

Hardkore Kidd J
09-03-2004, 10:55 AM
I loved that movie. Came to no surprise to me though i just like those types of movies but yeah Kumar marrying that bag of weed was :rofl: :rofl: