PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling auto-biographies

Darwin Henderson
12-27-2003, 02:25 PM
What are your thoughts on them overall? I have read some and dont like them that much. Some are good, but when its one released by the WWE, its normally how everyother place they worked was horrible and how Vince is a genius and he loves his job. Other times they just ignore the other places they worked or deal with them in one paragraph no matter how long they spent there (like Austins). Other ones, like Heenans, criticise dead promotions(WCW,AWA) and praise the WWE, as if they are after a job.
Just wandering what peoples thoughts are on auto-biographies.

Rob
12-27-2003, 02:58 PM
A lot of brown nosing. I enjoyed Foley's, Dynamite Kid's, the Hardys, Missy Hyatts and even Rock's but aside from Foley's they all had major flaws. The WWE books were nowhere in depth enough and they all avoided every controversial issue that they should have spoken about (Montreal, drug testing, WCW buy out, etc). Dynamite's was way too bitter but at least he covered the things people wanted to read about and as enjoyable as Hyatt's was, it was a gloryifed dirt sheet and she has better stories to tell. If she was going to do a sex book then it should have been better.

da_king
12-27-2003, 03:19 PM
<font color="#ccffcc">

yeah i agree with the wwe books not having anything that would make them look bad. i've read a lot of biographies and i did enjoy most of them. i've been meaning to pick up heenans book but havn't seen it around. hyatt's was cool in that she really didn't care about who she exposed and didn't hold back. i also enjoyed pipers book though i'm not sure how accurate his account is (like hogan, tries to take credit for stuff) i'm hoping if/when bret hart writes a book, we might see some controversial stuff talked about. a ric flair book would be cool too (hopefully without any wwe influence)

<font color="#ccffcc">

Rob
12-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Bret Hart's autobiography is like 3 600 page books. He ain't leaving out sh</>it including family things (we will all find out if he did see Sunny Days).

CANADIAN
12-27-2003, 06:50 PM
What did Hyatt write about?

Rob
12-27-2003, 07:50 PM
What did Hyatt write about?

How she broke into the biz, a few of the ribs played on her and a few of the more famous guys she has been with including her marriages. That's about it.

CANADIAN
12-27-2003, 10:45 PM
Who exactly?

Darwin Henderson
12-28-2003, 06:34 AM
Bret Hart's autobiography is like 3 600 page books. He ain't leaving out sh</>it including family things (we will all find out if he did see Sunny Days).

Shawn Michaels was so stupid to say that Sunny days thing when she was close to the kliq and used to be in it.