PDA

View Full Version : Masked and Anonymous

Champion of Europa
07-26-2004, 03:55 PM
I rented this movie last night along with City of God (gonna watch City of God tonight).

Anyways, despite what Ebert and IMDB say, I actually liked it. I really am not sure what the movie is about, and I like that mysterious quality. The dialogue is by no means normal, either. It has this odd poetry to it, sorta like Bob Dylan songs.

I did think it was mad pretentious though, and some of the stuff Bob Dylan said in narration sounded like it was coming out of a fortune cookie.

Anyway, I figure the cast says more about the movie than the plot, so here is the big cast that I remember:

Bob Dyaln
Jeff Bridges
Penelope Cruz
Luke Wilson
Val Kilmer
Chris Penn
Christian Slater
Mickey Rourke
John Goodman

Anyone else seen this movie?

Champion of Europa
07-29-2004, 01:10 AM
I just watched this movie, and it still makes no sense to me, but I love it even more. <3

I highly reccomend you all watch it if you're into stuff that makes no sense.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-29-2004, 02:01 AM
Why would you watch anything when you have City of God in your possession?

freaking IDIOT

Champion of Europa
07-29-2004, 02:13 AM
Why would you watch anything when you have City of God in your possession?

freaking IDIOT

I watched City of God two nights ago, and it was freakin' awesome. Knockout Ned is my hero.

PapaGeorgio
07-30-2004, 03:57 PM
I bought Masked And Anonymous about a week or so ago because it has John Goodman in it and it looked decent. Still haven't gotten around to watching it yet though, however since you liked it so much I shall watch it in the near future.

Champion of Europa
07-30-2004, 05:10 PM
I bought Masked And Anonymous about a week or so ago because it has John Goodman in it and it looked decent. Still haven't gotten around to watching it yet though, however since you liked it so much I shall watch it in the near future.

I'd probably go *** on it, because there are some problems with being pretenious and confusing, and the dialgoue can get a bit tiring. I do enjoy it because it feels like you're in one of Bob Dylan's confusing songs, etc.

If you don't like it, don't blame me. ;)

PapaGeorgio
08-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Finally watched the movie. The movie was pretty good. The cast helped it out big time, the plot was alright. Worth a watch if your into different movies.