PDA

View Full Version : Will Wrestling ever boom again?

mrslackalack
07-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Wrestling has had many Boom points in history, One Starting in 1985 and another in 1998. I strongly believe that wrestling will have another boom period before the decade is over. I am predicting 2006 or 2007 When Orton and Cena and Batista and Cade and the other young talent will be bonafide main eventers. I think wrestling will rise if this happens

1. Smackdown gets better
2. Top quality WWE wrestling and Storylines
3. TNA emerges as a True Player

Head
07-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Wrestling, in some form will boom again.

Whether the WWE does or not, is a much diffrent story.

Kane Knight
07-27-2004, 12:12 AM
I hope it doesn't. With a boom, there will be a corresponding bust.

Innovator
07-27-2004, 12:24 AM
If Vince gets off his hoss fetish

The future of wrestling is in guys like AJ Styles

Joe Kerr
07-27-2004, 12:35 AM
If not WWE another fed will Make wrestling more desirable again. Look at the past Wrestling has had its ups and downs. WWE needs another character that is a super face a character like how the Rock was or What Austin became. Right now wrestling is getting kinda bland. NWA-TNA has wrestling that makes you wanna see what these people can do. If WWE can capture NWA-TNA's wrestling and keep there colorful characters, They have a greater chance of recapturing what they once had.

Aussie Skier
07-27-2004, 03:48 AM
Wrestling "booms" are endogenous.

In order for a boom to occur, the WWE (or a rival fed) must start up, or the WWE must capture something which they havent currently got.

Of course a boom will occur at some stage. here in Australia, it seems like t could really take off again over the next couple of years...we'll see tho

Watson
07-27-2004, 03:55 AM
It's hard to tell. Vince and his writers don't have any direct competition and so it seems like their not really trying. Back when WWE was going head to head with WCW every week the 2 companies were more competitive and thus they tryed harder to top one another. Also, in those days if one product wasn't interesting you could always change the channel to the other, but now that's not possible so when we gotta sit through some stupid angle or match that we hate we just have to bear it. As time goes by we just get more and more bored with these thing. But I believe that TNA will eventually get a 2 hour primetime timeslot and hopefully the rumors are true and Ted Turner will get another wrestling company off the ground. Maybe then wrestling will be hot again. Only time will tell.

Aussie Skier
07-27-2004, 04:11 AM
It's hard to tell. Vince and his writers don't have any direct competition and so it seems like their not really trying. Back when WWE was going head to head with WCW every week the 2 companies were more competitive and thus they tryed harder to top one another. Also, in those days if one product wasn't interesting you could always change the channel to the other, but now that's not possible so when we gotta sit through some stupid angle or match that we hate we just have to bear it. As time goes by we just get more and more bored with these thing. But I believe that TNA will eventually get a 2 hour primetime timeslot and hopefully the rumors are true and Ted Turner will get another wrestling company off the ground. Maybe then wrestling will be hot again. Only time will tell.

It's true.
and sums up my theory, capitalism (which develops competition), indeed works :)

LK
07-27-2004, 06:14 AM
I am sure that sometime there will once again be competition for the WWE and when that happens I think there will be another boom.

FourFifty
07-27-2004, 06:24 AM
<font color=cyan>Time flows like a river, and history repeats. It'll boom again.

(edit- credit where credit is due. "Time flows like a river, and history repeats." Secret of Mana. As of it booming again, early 1900's it was booming, and then near the end of the 1900, around the Hulkamania period it was booming, credit- "The Unreal Story Of Pro Wrestling.")

James Steele
07-27-2004, 01:12 PM
Wrestling will boom again. It always has and always will have its booms and busts.

Dorkchop
07-28-2004, 12:05 AM
In my opinion, wrestling will boom when Christian gets the heavyweight title, and defends it successfully for 2 years.

Wrestling will boom once the WWE finally gives the fans the majority of what they want... Excluding the ones who think Kevin Nash to be the greatest wrestler of the late 90s to early 00s.

tucsonspeed6
07-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Isn't it all in the eyes of the beholder, though? The WWE did one really good thing with Orton on Monday, (I won't say what to prevent spoilers) yet everyone says that a two match Raw sucks.

To quote the "smarks": Wrestling sucks now! They try to get all these wrestlers into matches and they treat us like we're stupid!...like we only have attention spans of two minutes. They just walk out, stare each other down, slap each other a couple times, and do a finisher/cheat to win the match. What ever happened to the nice long matches of long ago?!

So what I'm getting at is that even though the ratings may shoot off like a rocket to Uranus, "smarks" will never be happy. TS6's prediction: I will never reach the 2000 post mark because I will get sick of being a smark (though the bitching and moaning every day is appealing, I will get sick of it I'm sure.)

Kane Knight
07-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Isn't it all in the eyes of the beholder, though? The WWE did one really good thing with Orton on Monday, (I won't say what to prevent spoilers) yet everyone says that a two match Raw sucks.

To quote the "smarks": Wrestling sucks now! They try to get all these wrestlers into matches and they treat us like we're stupid!...like we only have attention spans of two minutes. They just walk out, stare each other down, slap each other a couple times, and do a finisher/cheat to win the match. What ever happened to the nice long matches of long ago?!

So what I'm getting at is that even though the ratings may shoot off like a rocket to Uranus, "smarks" will never be happy. TS6's prediction: I will never reach the 2000 post mark because I will get sick of being a smark (though the bitching and moaning every day is appealing, I will get sick of it I'm sure.)
Well, except the point's moot, as the ratings for this week's raw were actually DOWN.

This says one of two things:

Either

1) The smarks are large enough to affect ratings SIGNIFCANTLY

2) Or the bitching is reflective of more than just the attitude of smarks.

Take your pick. Both totaly fuck your rant tho. :)

123 kid
07-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Wrestling will BOOM again, I believe we're at the start of one now, we could see a full boom begin in late 2005 but 2006 and 2007 (like someone said) will be the major boom period, I hope.