PDA

View Full Version : SummerSlam Card...( Spoilers..kinda )

Volchok
07-27-2004, 06:23 PM
The following is the card for SummerSlam as it stands now:

Confirmed or Planned:

World Title:
-Chris Benoit (c) vs. Randy Orton

WWE Title:
-John Bradshaw Layfield (c) vs. Undertaker

Singles Match:
-Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero

Singles Match:
-Triple H vs. Eugene

Rumored or Likely Matches:

U.S. Title:
-John Cena vs. Booker T

Cruiserweight Title:
-Rey Mysterio vs. Spike Dudley

Tag-Team Titles:
-Dudley Boyz vs. Paul London & Billy Kidman

it seems like a solid card... :-\ only reason i would get it is for the Benoit/Orton Match...

The Icon of Elisim
07-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Rhyno/Tajiri vs La Resistance looks like it'll get added, but it'll probably be a heat match

Favre4Ever
07-27-2004, 07:38 PM
You know, I gotta say, this cards shapin' up pretty good. And it'll be sweet since its the first combined PPV since wrestlemania. Manye they'll have some suprises for us.

.........But probably not.

Funky Fly
07-27-2004, 07:39 PM
The upper card looks fantastic, depsite JBL/Taker. I am definitely <s>ordering this PPV</s> going to the sports bar to watch it free.

Corkscrewed
07-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Cruiserweight Title:

WTF??

Funky Fly
07-27-2004, 07:48 PM
Cruiserweight Title:

WTF??
Yeah. That is supposed to be on Smackdown. If anything, they'll end up getting thrown in the mix with the Dudleys and Kidman & London.

Londoner
07-27-2004, 07:48 PM
that cruiserweight title match is on Smackdown this week, and so is the tag title match.

Londoner
07-27-2004, 07:49 PM
Damnit Funky you got there first again.

Mayo
07-27-2004, 07:50 PM
I don't see any interpromotional matches yet, what a fucking ripoff! They better come up with something soon, such as having The Rock fight someone from Smackdown, but it better be good!

Londoner
07-27-2004, 07:54 PM
They should save the interpromotional matches for survivor series or wrestlemania, if you have them too often they don't seem that exciting after a while.I don't see the need to build up one now, because everyone will just say it was a waste of time in the end.

Mayo
07-27-2004, 07:56 PM
It is the second biggest PPV of the year, so this is one time that they should be having an interpromotional matchup. They should have done something earlier to build it up though, I agree.

#1-norm-fan
07-27-2004, 08:15 PM
I can't see Mysterio vs. Spike again @ SS unless Spike turns heel.

It will probably be The Dudleyz vs. Spike & Rey vs. Kidman & London In a triple threat (Ladder Match maybe) for the tag titles

Boondock Saint
07-27-2004, 08:17 PM
I remember reading The Rock said he may possibly be back in time for SS. Doesn't look too hopeful now. Ah well.

The CyNick
07-27-2004, 08:22 PM
No Rock for this show, he's busy.

The top 4 matches are set in stone.

I would say Cena/BT is a lock and will be booked tonight at the tapings.

I think Spike is going to turn heel and win the CW title, which will lead to a 6 man tag with the Dudleys vs Rey/Kidman and London.

Thats 4 matches for SD which would likely be their limit.

Over on RAW they need an IC title match, which could be Edge/Jerihco/Batista as I see it.

Then Kane needs something, either a match with Hardy, or maybe they rush back HBK (next week I believe RAW is in San Antonio). So it'll likely be Hardy vs Kane or like I said HBK vs Kane.

That would be 4 matches for RAW, making it an 8 match card, which is the usual formula. However, if Trish is healthy, I think they'll do Victoria-Trish, however they might hold that off.

La Resistance vs Tajiri/Rhyno seems like the perfect Heat match to me.

And if they decide to add another SD match, it would probably be something like RVD vs Dupree, but I dont see that getting added at this point.

MTH13
07-27-2004, 11:10 PM
if u wanna here about the game meet me in true sd vs raw/smackdown 6 tyhread

James Steele
07-27-2004, 11:36 PM
Since I Am The F***ing Man in TPWW, i am officially awarding MTH13 the:

"Fuck Off And Die You Ignorant Ass" Award.

Oh and Funky, Do you want me to wear the green mask or the orange mask? :shifty:

AareDub
07-27-2004, 11:58 PM
And if they decide to add another SD match, it would probably be something like RVD vs Dupree, but I dont see that getting added at this point.

Yea, it was the Velocity main event this week. I don't see it happening on a ppv any time soon :(

Azriel
07-28-2004, 12:00 AM
I would like to see the Eddie/Kurt match have a number one contender stipulation added, and I think Edge/Jericho will be a singles match, having Batista interfere and cost jericho the match.

Mr. JL
07-28-2004, 01:22 AM
I bet Edge V. Chris Jericho for the Intercontinental Championship will be on the card as well....

And I also beat that Christian returns and E & C reform...

Funky Fly
07-28-2004, 01:24 AM
Since I Am The F***ing Man in TPWW, i am officially awarding MTH13 the:

"Fuck Off And Die You Ignorant Ass" Award.

Oh and Funky, Do you want me to wear the green mask or the orange mask? :shifty:
Let's go with the pink this time. :naughty:

Anyway, you won't have to worry about him much longer.

Mr. Nerfect
07-28-2004, 05:05 AM
If I could finish booking Summerslam:

World Heavyweight Championship
Chris Benoit (c) vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Chris Benoit via pinfall after Triple H interferes and "accidently" costs Orton the match. Let them f=work their stuff so the crowd gives Orton a standing ovation at the end. :y:

WWE Championship
Casket Match
John Bradshaw Layfield (c) vs. The Undertaker
Winner: John Bradshaw Layfield. Origianally I would have said Taer, but I think JBL could use the build-up. Heidenreich marches down to the ring after the match, opens the casket to beat on Taker, but opens it to find the casket empty.

Grudge Match
Triple H vs. Eugene Dinsmore
Winner: Eugene Dinsmore with a clean pinfall.

Inferno Match
Kane vs. Matt Hardy
Winner: Kane. Afterwards Michaels appears in the ring and hits Kane from behind.

Grudge Match
Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero
Winner: Kurt Angle after Luther Reigns interferes.

WWE Tag Team Championship
The Shooting Stars (Kidman & London, (c)) vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. The Basham Brothers
Winner: Kidman & London are about to climb the ladder when they are pulled down by two differently masked men. The masked men climb the ladder and take the WWE Tag Team Championships, and then exit the building.

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Fatal Fourway
Edge vs. Chris Jericho vs. Batista vs. William Regal
Winner: Edge after masked man interferes and hits Jericho, Regal and Batista. Edge pins Jericho getting the three.

WWE United States Championship
Booker T vs. John Cena vs. Luther Reigns vs. Kenzo Suzuki
Winner: Luther Reigns after A miscommunication between Suzuki and Hiroko. Reigns hits his finishing move for three.

World Tag Team Championship
La Resistance vs. Rhyno & Tajiri
Winner: Rhyno & Tajiri.

Grudge Match
Tyson Tomko vs. Steven Richards
Winner: Tyson Tomko after a masked man interferes on Tomko's behalf.

Heat
Rob Van Dam vs. Rene Dupree vs. Charlie Haas
Winner: Charlie Haas via submission on RVD with the Haas of Pain.

Aftermath
-Orton teases a face turn on RAW. Orton & Triple H vs. Eugene & Benoit leads the show, with the faces taking the win when Orton "accidently" nails Triple H with a steel chair.

-Edge cuts a promo and states he had no idea that that masked man would interfere in his match. He promises Jericho, Regal and Batista all rematches. He makes it into a Gauntlet Match. Batista is beaten when a bigger masked man interferes. Regal is next, but a second one from under the ring hits him with a steel pipe. Regal is defeated. Jericho comes closest, but a thrid masked man delivers a kick to Jericho. Edge Spears for three. The dark clothed, masked people reveal themselves as Christian, Tyson Tomko and Trish Stratus.

-Kane cuts a promo from "The Darkness" about how Michaels can go through Hell and still come out looking pretty. He says that Michaels' sins against Kane will go unforgiven. Kane starts to play more of a mixture between his old character, and the Raven character.

-HBK answers Kane and says that being a Christian he believes that there is a Hell, and Kane surely belongs to it. Michaels refuses to fight Kane to the disappointment of the crowd.

-Rhyno and Tajiri destroy La Resistance in a return match.

-On SmackDown! JBL cuts a promo about how he is superior. He beat Undertaker cleanly at Summerslam. Noone is stonger, bigger or tougher than him. Just ten out comes the new SD! General Manager, and announces a new opponent for JBL. The Big Show comes out to hopefully a HUGE pop. Maybe they could even do a little skit where Bradshaw craps his pants.

-Heyman and Heidenreich continue the search for Undertaker, Heidenreich destroys Shannon More in a squash match.

-London & Kidman go searching for their WW Tag Team Championship, which the General Manager states legally still belongs to The Shooting Stars. The General Manager hires Luther Reigns (the US Champion) to find the titles.

-Mike Bucci debuts as the guy that will ressurect the CW Divison (since it didn't even make the Heat card). He says with him in it, the Division will be taken up two notches.

-On the second RAW after SS, Chuck Palumbo turns face and becomes "Lieutenant Palumbo" and dies his hair partially grey, wears an old raincoat, and begins searching RAW for the WWE Tag Team Championship. Hey, Eugene got over. :shifty:

The Unforgiven card could look something like this:

Special Guest Referee: Randy Orton
Chris Benoit (c) vs. Triple H (again)

Kane vs. Shawn Michaels

Ric Flair & Batista vs. Eugene Dinsmore & William Regal

Rhyno & Tajiri (c) vs. Edge & Christian

Edge (c) vs. Rhyno

Grudge Match
Chris Jericho vs. Maven

Tyson Tomko & Trish Stratus vs. Steven Richards & Victoria

La Resistance vs. Val Venis & Garrison Cade/Chuck Palumbo

And No Mercy:

WWE Championship
John Bradshaw Layfield (c) vs. The Big Show

Kurt Angle & Luther Reigns vs. Eddie Guerrero & John Cena

The Undertaker vs. Heidenreich

The Shooting Stars vs. Edge & Christian

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Rey Mysterio vs. Mike Bucci vs. Spike Dudley vs. Jamie Noble vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Funaki

Grudge Match
The FBI vs. Kyo Dai

Table Elimination Match
The Dudley Boyz vs. Billy Gunn & Hardcore Holly vs. The Basham Brothers

Grudge Match
Rob Van Dam vs. Charlie Haas

Booker T vs. Rene Dupree vs. Kenzo Suzuki

Londoner
07-28-2004, 11:52 AM
If I could finish booking Summerslam:

Chris Benoit (c) vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Chris Benoit via pinfall after Triple H interferes and "accidently" costs Orton the match. Let them f=work their stuff so the crowd gives Orton a standing ovation at the end. :y:

WWE Championship
Casket Match
John Bradshaw Layfield (c) vs. The Undertaker
Winner: John Bradshaw Layfield. Origianally I would have said Taer, but I think JBL could use the build-up. Heidenreich marches down to the ring after the match, opens the casket to beat on Taker, but opens it to find the casket empty.

Grudge Match
Triple H vs. Eugene Dinsmore
Winner: Eugene Dinsmore with a clean pinfall.

Inferno Match
Kane vs. Matt Hardy
Winner: Kane. Afterwards Michaels appears in the ring and hits Kane from behind.

Grudge Match
Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero
Winner: Kurt Angle after Luther Reigns interferes.

The Shooting Stars (Kidman & London, (c)) vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. The Basham Brothers
Winner: Kidman & London are about to climb the ladder when they are pulled down by two differently masked men. The masked men climb the ladder and take the WWE Tag Team Championships, and then exit the building.

Fatal Fourway
Edge vs. Chris Jericho vs. Batista vs. William Regal
Winner: Edge after masked man interferes and hits Jericho, Regal and Batista. Edge pins Jericho getting the three.

WWE United States Championship
Booker T vs. John Cena vs. Luther Reigns vs. Kenzo Suzuki
Winner: Luther Reigns after A miscommunication between Suzuki and Hiroko. Reigns hits his finishing move for three.

La Resistance vs. Rhyno & Tajiri
Winner: Rhyno & Tajiri.

Grudge Match
Tyson Tomko vs. Steven Richards
Winner: Tyson Tomko after a masked man interferes on Tomko's behalf.

Heat
Rob Van Dam vs. Rene Dupree vs. Charlie Haas
Winner: Charlie Haas via submission on RVD with the Haas of Pain.

Aftermath
-Orton teases a face turn on RAW. Orton & Triple H vs. Eugene & Benoit leads the show, with the faces taking the win when Orton "accidently" nails Triple H with a steel chair.

-Edge cuts a promo and states he had no idea that that masked man would interfere in his match. He promises Jericho, Regal and Batista all rematches. He makes it into a Gauntlet Match. Batista is beaten when a bigger masked man interferes. Regal is next, but a second one from under the ring hits him with a steel pipe. Regal is defeated. Jericho comes closest, but a thrid masked man delivers a kick to Jericho. Edge Spears for three. The dark clothed, masked people reveal themselves as Christian, Tyson Tomko and Trish Stratus.

-Kane cuts a promo from "The Darkness" about how Michaels can go through Hell and still come out looking pretty. He says that Michaels' sins against Kane will go unforgiven. Kane starts to play more of a mixture between his old character, and the Raven character.

-HBK answers Kane and says that being a Christian he believes that there is a Hell, and Kane surely belongs to it. Michaels refuses to fight Kane to the disappointment of the crowd.

-Rhyno and Tajiri destroy La Resistance in a return match.

-On SmackDown! JBL cuts a promo about how he is superior. He beat Undertaker cleanly at Summerslam. Noone is stonger, bigger or tougher than him. Just ten out comes the new SD! General Manager, and announces a new opponent for JBL. The Big Show comes out to hopefully a HUGE pop. Maybe they could even do a little skit where Bradshaw craps his pants.

-Heyman and Heidenreich continue the search for Undertaker, Heidenreich destroys Shannon More in a squash match.

-London & Kidman go searching for their WW Tag Team Championship, which the General Manager states legally still belongs to The Shooting Stars. The General Manager hires Luther Reigns (the US Champion) to find the titles.

-Mike Bucci debuts as the guy that will ressurect the CW Divison (since it didn't even make the Heat card). He says with him in it, the Division will be taken up two notches.

-On the second RAW after SS, Chuck Palumbo turns face and becomes "Lieutenant Palumbo" and dies his hair partially grey, wears an old raincoat, and begins searching RAW for the WWE Tag Team Championship. Hey, Eugene got over. :shifty:

The Unforgiven card could look something like this:

Special Guest Referee: Randy Orton
Chris Benoit (c) vs. Triple H (again)

Kane vs. Shawn Michaels

Ric Flair & Batista vs. Eugene Dinsmore & William Regal

Rhyno & Tajiri (c) vs. Edge & Christian

Edge (c) vs. Rhyno

Grudge Match
Chris Jericho vs. Maven

Tyson Tomko & Trish Stratus vs. Steven Richards & Victoria

La Resistance vs. Val Venis & Garrison Cade/Chuck Palumbo

And No Mercy:

WWE Championship
John Bradshaw Layfield (c) vs. The Big Show

Kurt Angle & Luther Reigns vs. Eddie Guerrero & John Cena

The Undertaker vs. Heidenreich

The Shooting Stars vs. Edge & Christian

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Rey Mysterio vs. Mike Bucci vs. Spike Dudley vs. Jamie Noble vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Funaki

Grudge Match
The FBI vs. Kyo Dai

Table Elimination Match
The Dudley Boyz vs. Billy Gunn & Hardcore Holly vs. The Basham Brothers

Grudge Match
Rob Van Dam vs. Charlie Haas

Booker T vs. Rene Dupree vs. Kenzo Suzuki
Boy am I glad you ain't booking matches in the WWE.
:n:

Lara Emily
07-28-2004, 12:50 PM
A solid card that could easily produce two 4 to 5 star matches. Considering what it was looking like just a few weeks ago this card has went rom ho hum blah to exicting. A damn decent card for what will be my first PPV that I'll ever see in person.

tucsonspeed6
07-28-2004, 01:07 PM
Angle v. Guererro would normally be awesome, but knowing Smackdown, the match will be spent with Angle running away for ten minutes.

Jericho and Edge seem to be getting into it now. I suspect they'll fight for the Intercontinental.

Trips v. Eugene: Eugene has to win this one. It'll give Orton more fuel. "I just beat Benoit on my FIRST TRY and you got beat by "Special Eugene"!

Orton v. Benoit: Despite Benoit being such a "boring" champion, everyone seems to think that him retaining the title for 9 years is the only way to keep him credible. I just don't get it. Nobody will ever be satisfied, so I'm gonna go on my own here and say that whether or not its his time, I'm gonna mark out when Orton wins the damn title.

Volchok
07-28-2004, 04:25 PM
yeah everyone was bitching how Trips had the title for so long.. now there doing the same thing with Benoit and no one is saying anything about it?

Innovator
07-28-2004, 04:34 PM
well Benoit isn't burying other wrestlers's careers in the process

James Steele
07-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Benoit has only held the title for about 5 months.

Triple H's three reigns were from these time periods:

First title reign: September 2, 2002 (awarded title) - November 17, 2002 (Sur. Series. Elim. Cham. Match)

2nd Reign: December 15, 2002 - September 21, 2003

3rd Reign: December 14, 2003 - March 14, 2004

So, you can't compare ONE 5 month reign to those 3 by any means. The 1st and 3rd were reasonable, but the 2nd reign was just insane!

~Credit: Wrestling Information Archive~
**Link** http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/rawtitle.htm

Corkscrewed
07-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Personally, I think the US Title match will be fatal fourway, due to the sheer amount of singles matches already booked.

Londoner
07-28-2004, 07:06 PM
yeah everyone was bitching how Trips had the title for so long.. now there doing the same thing with Benoit and no one is saying anything about it?

Lol comments like this make me laugh cos they make people like you look stupid. You wanna know why us Benoit fans ain't happy?Because HHH has been booked ahead of Benoit no matter what during the whole of Benoit's title reign. If you can't see that then you are really fucking stupid.

Londoner
07-28-2004, 07:09 PM
well Benoit isn't burying other wrestlers's careers in the process

:y:

James Steele
07-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Thug Life, he has a Ecko 3 ComplEx DUH!

Heyman
07-28-2004, 10:57 PM
World Title:
-Chris Benoit (c) vs. Randy Orton

WWE Title: