PDA

View Full Version : 555 - Strange Film/Movie Rules

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
07-27-2004, 09:56 PM
For my 555th post I've decided to make this thread, dedicated to strange rules of movies/films.

Starting with how phone numbers always begin with 555.

Vega
07-28-2004, 02:48 AM
something about 555 being reserved for some shit so its not anyone's actual phone number, so people won't call those numbers when they see the movie and people who get called can't sue for them giving out their number or something.

Triple A
07-28-2004, 02:49 AM
Yeah 555 = fake. Everyone should know that.

el fregadero
07-28-2004, 02:52 AM
What exactly do you want us to talk about?

#1-norm-fan
07-28-2004, 05:27 AM
Yeah... I really can't think of any other strange movie rules.

#1-norm-fan
07-28-2004, 05:30 AM
I do remember when Bruce Almighty first came out, the number that God paged Bruce with wasn't a 555 number. Then these people started complaining because it was actually their number and people were calling them asking for God.

So when the movie was released on DVD, the number was changed to 555.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
07-28-2004, 12:08 PM
I already knew why the numbers started with 555.

Other rules include.....

Evil aliens/monsters are always the right size to fit through air ducts.

Police never listen to kids.

Everyone has cold chinese food in their fridge.

CosaNostra
07-28-2004, 12:52 PM
The prison guard always into the cell by himself comes to see up close the inmate that is "ill" because his cellmate says:

IM: Guard! Come here. This man is ill."

And he does it, without backup, thereby getting his ass kicked and his keys and sidearm taken before the escape. :rant:

Or for a variation, the guard falls for the line: "If you don't and something happens to him, your boss will be most displeased".

loopydate
07-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Bed sheets are manufactured so that they only cover the hunky male lead below the navel, but cover up to the female lead's chin.

No one will ever stop to explain a monstrous misunderstanding, no matter how simple the explanation may be.

No one ever says "hello" when they answer the phone, nor "goodbye" when they hang up.

When in doubt, the killer is always the guy who wears the nicest clothes.

Mr. Nerfect
07-28-2004, 06:29 PM
-The action star always seems to have a catchy line before he defies his morals and blows the villain away.

-The good guy knows who killed his wife, but he doesn't even take matters to the police.

-The main villain is always last to be killed.

-Henchmen are easily beaten up.

-Irrevavent to plotline accidents rarely happen. Eg. Lead actress getting shot in robbery gone wrong.

-The person in a horror movie always goes into a dark place alone.

-The killer is usually behind them.

That's all I have.

KayfabeMan
07-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Every car (no matter what make, model, or type of accident it is involved in) will explode upon (or shortly after) any type of impact. Especially gun shots....

When there is a large group of bad guys, they all approach the good guy at once, but then fight him one at a time, and then watch their friends get their asses kicked [this mainly applies to 80's / 90's films, but still happens now quite a bit]....

Cops always show up after things just settle down, and usually right after the main bad guy has just been killed....Also, they always show up - no matter where something is/was going on. For example, there is a fight in the middle of the woods way out in Shitsville,where no one at all lives,and the cops know exactly where to go...

I got a few more, once I re-start I'll post them...

Rile
07-29-2004, 05:42 AM
I do remember when Bruce Almighty first came out, the number that God paged Bruce with wasn't a 555 number. Then these people started complaining because it was actually their number and people were calling them asking for God.

So when the movie was released on DVD, the number was changed to 555.

The funny thing about the movie is that Jim Carrey still says the actually phone number. Two times if i recall correctly. :)

The Fugitive
07-29-2004, 07:07 AM
A cop can only solve a crime after he has been suspended.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
07-30-2004, 01:34 AM
A cop can only solve a crime after he has been suspended.

'You're off this case!'