PDA

View Full Version : DVD Ideas

Mr. Nerfect
08-01-2004, 02:11 AM
What kind of wrestling DVDs would you like to see hit the shelves? I'd personally like to see the following:

WWE Gold Collection
Basically a short history of every championship in the WWE. Bonus matches involving the titles and it's champions' matches could be included.

WWE Superstars Collection
Basically DVDs just containing matches of that wrestler. SOrt of like the Benoit DVD style format, but just a collection of basically all their important matches.

Chris Jericho: Heart of a Lion, Highlight of the Night
Jericho's life and career. :y:

Kurt Angle: It's true, it's DAMN true.
Angle's life and career. :y:

History of the Manager
Basically just shows us the role of the manager and what they're about. Could have bonus matches in which manages made a difference.

Climbing the Ladder
Greatest Ladder and TLC Matches.

Dudley Boyz: 3D
Pass us the 3D glasses. :shifty:

Kane: Insane. Pain. Kane
OK, bad name. Kane's been in enough to make like a documentary on the character's life. I think it could do quite well, actually. :y:

WWE SmackDown!: Holla, Holla
Greatest moments and matches in SmackDown! history. Hosted by Theodore R. Long. Additional commentary for post brand split matches by partcipating wrestlers. I'd love to see this a multi-disc set (promoted by Teddy Long)divided up into seperate DVDs.
1) The original SmackDown! (with the old logo and theme music), with The Rock on the cover saying "Just Bring It, Playa!" in a speech bubble.
2) The second SmackDown!, pre and post split, with Vince McMahon on the cover with a little speech bubble saying "In That Very Ring, Playa!"
3) The Stephanie McMahon GM era, with her on the cover saying "I'm ALL Grown up, Playa!"
4) The Paul E. Heyman Saga, with Paul on the cover with another bubble saying "This is Extreme, Playa!"
5) The with that Face/Off thing with Angle and Long. Long could have (in a speech bubble) "Beli' This, Playa!" and Angle could have "I Suck, Playa!" bubble.

If Long got in the ring and advertised that, I'd have my pre-order (:-\). They could put matches like TLC 3, the Iron Man Match (between Angle and Lesnar), the US Title 8-Man Elimination Match, etc. :y:

CSL
08-01-2004, 02:28 AM
Climbing the Ladder
Greatest Ladder and TLC Matches

<font color=white>Was gonna say something like that

Maybe a Royal Rumble DVD with extended highlights from all Royal Rumble matches (just the actual Rumbles thereself), Vince and superstars talking about how the Rumble conception came about, how much they enjoy it etc and how much of a git Hulk Hogan was for ruining Curt Hennig's planned 1990 win :mad:

The DVD extras could feature VP's, interviews/promos, previous Rumble boxarts, classic 'Rumble's' in full (90 & 92 i'd personally like) and a special look at only 3-time winner, Steve Austin and the build up and story around his wins</font>

Mr. Nerfect
08-01-2004, 04:21 AM
<font color=white>Was gonna say something like that

Maybe a Royal Rumble DVD with extended highlights from all Royal Rumble matches (just the actual Rumbles thereself), Vince and superstars talking about how the Rumble conception came about, how much they enjoy it etc and how much of a git Hulk Hogan was for ruining Curt Hennig's planned 1990 win :mad:

The DVD extras could feature VP's, interviews/promos, previous Rumble boxarts, classic 'Rumble's' in full (90 & 92 i'd personally like) and a special look at only 3-time winner, Steve Austin and the build up and story around his wins</font>

:love: I love the Rumble.

I would personally have it have the matches, and the stories leading up to them. Maybe joined commentary by wrestlers willing to do it during their matches. I think the DVD would do better if Austin came in and did commentary during the matches, as he is the only three time winner, and may be regarded as an expert in the match. Same with Flair (longitivity) and Michaels (two wins, long lasting). A three way commentary would be gold. For the main box, I'd like to see a ring with all the winners of the match, then a questionaire to current WWE stars about who would win if all the winners where in a Royla Rumble. :y:

Another idea for a DVD is one with all the King of the Rings. Finals, interviews, commentary, bonus matches, etc. They could probably call it "WWE: Wrestling Royalty". I could see Jerry Lawler and Bret Hart hosting it (if he returns).

Wouldn't mind seeing the following either:

WWE Bloodflow
The Hell in a Cell Matches, and wrestlers' feelings going into them. Original concepts, and plans for the matches. A bonues match could be Kane vs. Austin in the First Blood Match (Becuase I think it happened in the Cell). Other bonus matches could feature the Triple Cage, and Elimination Chamber matches.

WCW's Greatest Moments
Basically a DVD reliving WCW in its prime. The birth of nWo, etc. Could feature all big matches like the Owen Hart Memorial, War Games, Triple Cage, etc.

ECW's Extremest Moments
A DVD like this could be great for the WWE. Ex-ECW wrestlers like Rhyno & Tajiri could really get over if the WWE released a compilation of ECW's best matches.

Iron Man Collection
This is sort of an iffy idea, but a DVD with all the Iron Man Matches on them could do alright. If they could get commentary with both participants in the match, I think it would sell like crazy. Michaels/Hitman doing commentary together? It's cream worthy. :drool:

The Best of Lita
Haha, good joke ey? :shifty:

WWE: Greatest Gimmicks
It's sort of breaking kayfabe, but a DVD that goes through some of the best gimmicks in WWE history could be really interesting accompanied by interviews. There could be a little segment where wrestler's comment on special things that they did in their gimmick that were never picked up on (like Big Show's wrist thing, and Rikishi's nose thing).

diamondcutter
08-01-2004, 04:40 AM
I'd love for WWE to release DVDs on Booker T. and The Hurricane. Then I can see more WCW footage and bonus matches. They should be as follows:

Booker T. "Can you dig it, SUCKA?"
Wrestler Bio
Bonus Matches:
Any two or three Harlem Heat matches: Perhaps their bunkhouse brawl with Public Enemy at Uncensored '97.

Any Best of seven matches other than the one on the Monday Night War DVD and the Chris Benoit DVD.

His World Title defenses against Sting, Lance Storm, and Goldberg on Nitro.

And of course, his five World Title wins:

vs. Jeff Jarrett at Bash at the Beach 2000
vs. Kevin Nash at Fall Brawl
vs. Jeff Jarrett at Nitro
vs. Scott Steiner at Nitro
vs. Kurt Angle at RAW

The Hurricane one would have alot of great cruiserweight action from his Three count days, as solo "Sugar" Shane Helms, and later in his current gimmick.

I'd also love to see a DDP DVD, but WWE owns all the footage.

CSL
08-01-2004, 04:46 AM
<font color=white>A huge 3,4 or 5 disc 'History Of WCW' DVD would be possibly the greatest thing ever IF they could do it completly(sp?) un-biased. Interviews with former WCW wrestlers, employees etc, greatest matches, angles, an entire disc devoted to the time period of BATB '96 until early '99, focusing on the nWo, Goldberg's monster run, Sting's return etc</font>

The Ravishing One
08-01-2004, 05:16 AM
<font color=white>and how much of a git Hulk Hogan was for ruining Curt Hennig's planned 1990 win :mad:
</font>

Could you tell me more about this? :?:

CheesyChaz
08-01-2004, 05:34 AM
yeah i want to know to.

CSL
08-01-2004, 05:39 AM
Could you tell me more about this? :?:

<font color=white>Apparently, Hennig was slated to win the Royal Rumble back in 1990 but Hogan decided he wanted to win it and in return for this (and laying down for Brutus Beefcake at WM XI), he was given the Intercontinental title</font>

Batsu
08-01-2004, 07:07 AM
There -has- to be a Jericho DVD in the future.

I would love to see some of his WCW material on DVD, including his feuds with Raven and others.... but Jericho has to get somewhere prominent in WWE before that can be marketable. "Break Down The Walls" was a nice intro...and came out at the right time. But there has to be a sequel.

Mr. Nerfect
08-01-2004, 07:18 AM
There -has- to be a Jericho DVD in the future.

I would love to see some of his WCW material on DVD, including his feuds with Raven and others.... but Jericho has to get somewhere prominent in WWE before that can be marketable. "Break Down The Walls" was a nice intro...and came out at the right time. But there has to be a sequel.

Great minds think alike. I think if the DVD came out around the time he gets a mega push against Benoit or Orton (whoever's World Heavyweight Champion). I'd love to see a music video for Jericho done by Fozzy on the DVD. It would really suit Jericho. Love to see every great Jericho match incorporated into the DVD. Maybe even commentary between Jericho and his opponent. That would be hilarious.

DaveWadding
08-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Ladder match comp.
Battle Royals comp (maybe)
Royal Rumble comp. (CSL, you wouldn't get 92 in full on a DVD like this...they already put it on Flair's)

Jericho comp.
Bret Hart comp. (already on the way, but I'm creaming myself)
Randy Savage comp. (so much good stuff for this one... vs. Steamboar at WM3, Rournament finals vs. DiBiase @ WM4, vs. Hogan @ WM5, Career match vs. Warrior @ WM7, vs. Flair @ WM8, and thats just of the top of my hea...and I'm half asleep)
Ted DiBiase comp.
A KURT ANGLE COMP.
A Rocky's greatest matches comp..(maybe in the style of Flair's collection...there's enough material for that)

Fox
08-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Best of Rob Van Dam

Xero
08-01-2004, 03:21 PM
The Undertaker: From the Grave to the Bad Ass and Back Again
Or something to that effect. Have Undertaker's entire career documented from SuvivorSeries 90 to WrestleMania 20. All his greatest matches, interviews, and segments... Make it ATLEAST 3 discs in somewhat the format of the Flair DVD...

Gimmick Matches from Hell
Have a few of each major gimmick matches on the DVDs... TLC, Ladder, Tables, Cage, HIAC, and maybe more obscure matches (Can you say "Judy Bagwell on a Pole"?)...

WrestleMania's 10 Greatest Matches Ever Extended Version
I say re-release the special that aired before Mania and that's on the WMXX DVD, only a bit tweaked with a WMXX match, and release the matches in full.

WWE: The Promos
This one's a little far off, but maybe release a one disc DVD with some of the greatest promos ever and comments from the ones who made them...

Wargames: The Complete Collection
Have every Wargames main event... :drool:

IYH: The Ultimate Collection
Make this a two to three disc set that includes some of the best In Your House matches...

SuvivorSeries: Survive the Series
A collection of the best SuvivorSeries matches...

Best of RAW
Like the Best of Raw is War collections, but this would include everything dating back to 93...

BAHGAWDSTUNNER!
A collection of JR's best slip ups :shifty:

Lita: Botch This!
A 10 disc collection featuring half of Lita's botches :shifty:

Azriel
08-01-2004, 03:47 PM
I highly agree on the Taker one. I say though wait until he retires so you can get everything possible. And of course, the Bret Hart DVD would be gold.

LK
08-01-2004, 03:51 PM
I have said it once and I will say it again. Edge & Christian DVD. Should have been done when they were going strong.

Tornado
08-01-2004, 04:06 PM
They should continue the "From the Vault" series....a collection of those would be pretty sweet...

Ricky
08-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Best of RAW
Like the Best of Raw is War collections, but this would include everything dating back to 93...
They should've done that with the 10th Anniversary DVD but it ended up being a load of shit. Just the Anniversary show, 2 extra matches and that was it.

mrslackalack
08-01-2004, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=Batsu]There -has- to be a Jericho DVD in the future.

Talk about the matches you could put on that baby 2 or 3 Disc Set

ECW TV Title Match vs Pitbull 2 6/27/96
4 Way Dance ECW TV title 7/13/96
vs Chris Benoit Fall Brawl 96
vs Rey Mysterio Jr. Souled Out 98
Hair vs Mask Match vs Juvi Superbrawl 98
vs Dean Malenko Uncensored 98
vs Juvi Nitro 4/20/98 WHAT A MATCH!!!!!!!
vs Stevie Ray TV title match Nitro 8/10/98
vs Angle and Benoit WM2000
It Didn't Happen Match vs Triple H Raw Apr 200
I-C title match vs Benoit RR 01
WCW Title Match vs The Rock No Mercy 2001
Unifed Heavyweight title win vs Austin Vengance 2001
vs HBK WM19
vs HBK 7/21/03
vs Christian RAW 5/17/04 Cage Match

Booker T, Jericho, RVD, Ric Flair Vol 2, 4H and WWE, WCW, and ECW PPV releases are the DVDs i would like to see come out

Remember the PPV Webcast bonus with the GAB with all the matches on it? i wouldnt mind that being released as a DVD.

mrslackalack
08-01-2004, 10:38 PM
They should've done that with the 10th Anniversary DVD but it ended up being a load of shit. Just the Anniversary show, 2 extra matches and that was it.

and the Taker Deminto match was 3 minutes long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingofOldSchool
08-01-2004, 11:15 PM
The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection Volume 2

Mr. Nerfect
08-02-2004, 07:06 AM
I have said it once and I will say it again. Edge & Christian DVD. Should have been done when they were going strong.

YES! I would love to see this DVD released and that lead to Edge & Christian reuniting. :love:

Mr. Nerfect
08-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Alrighty, so if I was running the WWE right now, these are the DVDs I'd get started on.

Kurt Angle: It's True, It's Damn True
Booker T: Can You Dig It? or Booker T: You Did Not Just See That!
Kane: Insane. Pain. Kane or Kane: The Fire Within'
Edge & Christian: Awesomeness Unleashed or Edge & Christian: Reeking of Awesomeness
The Dudley Boyz: 3D
Cruiserweights: 220lbs ways to please your lover :shifty:
The History of the Manager
WWE SmackDown: Holla Holla
WWE RAW: Greatest Moments
WWE's Greatest Gimmicks
WWE: Climbing the Ladder
WWE: Bloodflow
And some others

I'd also like to see a documentary about the under card to mid-card of the WWE. Wrestlers like William Regal, Paul London & Rene Dupree are key in mind here. WWE: To the Top would be a good anem here. I'd also like to see one about OVW. :y:

LK
08-02-2004, 08:44 AM
William Regal DVD
Jericho DVD
Booker T DVD
Rob Van Dam DVD

123 kid
08-02-2004, 10:10 AM
Billy Gunn DVD

Rockabilly
Bad Ass
Mr Ass
The One
Chucks Lover
Mr Ass

Include matches like
A Smokin' Gunns match or two
New Age Outlaws winning the Tag Titles for the first time
New Age Outlaws V L.O.D (They had a few matches)
New Age Outlaws V Chainsaw Charlie & Cactus Jack
DX V Nation (like the over the edge 98 match or any other good matches between the two)
Billy Gunn V Hardcore Holly V Al Snow WMXV Hardcore Title
Billy Gunn winning the intercontinental championship as 'the one'
All of Billys Matches from his K.O.T.R victory
Billy & Chucks Proposal
Billy& Chuck winning tag titles for the 1st time
Billy Gunn returning as Mr Ass
The 8 man elimination match for the U.S title

Cool King
08-02-2004, 11:04 AM
Another Hulk Hogan DVD!!!! :D :y:

deathtrap
08-02-2004, 11:45 AM
One about hardcore and dangerous matches.
One about the Attitude era

Mr. Nerfect
08-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Well one about the Four Horsemen is expected to be in the works. I'd like to see how this one works out. :y:

Head
08-03-2004, 02:46 PM
The Best of Lita
Haha, good joke ey? :shifty:Sad thing is, I'm pretty sure the WWE already released a Lita DVD, as well as one on Trish.

Mr. Nerfect
08-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Sad thing is, I'm pretty sure the WWE already released a Lita DVD, as well as one on Trish.

And they have never released one on Kurt Angle. It's true, it's true.

mrslackalack
08-03-2004, 10:48 PM

I believe it got scrapped and replaced with the Hall of Fame DVD.

The One
08-04-2004, 02:01 AM
Billy Gunn DVD

Rockabilly
Bad Ass
Mr Ass
The One
Chucks Lover
Mr Ass

Include matches like
A Smokin' Gunns match or two
New Age Outlaws winning the Tag Titles for the first time
New Age Outlaws V L.O.D (They had a few matches)
New Age Outlaws V Chainsaw Charlie & Cactus Jack
DX V Nation (like the over the edge 98 match or any other good matches between the two)
Billy Gunn V Hardcore Holly V Al Snow WMXV Hardcore Title
Billy Gunn winning the intercontinental championship as 'the one'
All of Billys Matches from his K.O.T.R victory
Billy & Chucks Proposal
Billy& Chuck winning tag titles for the 1st time
Billy Gunn returning as Mr Ass
The 8 man elimination match for the U.S title

I don't care if you were joking or not...I :love: you! Viva la Billy!

Of and on to my other DVD idea...

The Four Horsemen

Have an extended interview with Tully Blanchard :drool:, have Ric Flair talk more about his time...oh god can you imagine the matches they could have in there??? (goes off and creams his pants with hopes...)

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
08-04-2004, 02:04 AM
St. Patrick's Day Massacre - The life and career of Nick Patrick.

Head
08-04-2004, 03:22 AM
Dunno about a DVD, but I'm almost positive they do have a Kurt Angle VHS tape.

Hardkore Kidd J
09-04-2004, 08:09 PM
I really think they should make a Randy Ortan DVD. I mean he is the youngest champ and a thrid generation superstar.

But, seeing another Jericho DVD would be cool. And a RVD DVD.

Evil Vito
09-04-2004, 08:45 PM
<font color=goldenrod>-Best of Chris Jericho DVD
-Best of Kurt Angle DVD
-Best of Cruiserweights DVD
-Best of Battle Royals DVD
-Best of A-Train DVD (blank DVD for all your DVD-creating needs)</font>

Champion of Europa
09-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Dunno about a DVD, but I'm almost positive they do have a Kurt Angle VHS tape.
They did. I bought it. No full matches or anything, just stuff from Kurt and some clips of his matches, ending with Kurt winning his first WWE title.

Semetery
09-05-2004, 12:02 PM
WWE Bloodflow
The Hell in a Cell Matches, and wrestlers' feelings going into them. Original concepts, and plans for the matches. A bonues match could be Kane vs. Austin in the First Blood Match (Becuase I think it happened in the Cell). Other bonus matches could feature the Triple Cage, and Elimination Chamber matches.

:y:

The Ravishing One
09-05-2004, 12:19 PM
I really think they should make a Randy Ortan DVD. I mean he is the youngest champ and a thrid generation superstar.

Its only a matter of time, be patient :rant:

The Ravishing One
09-05-2004, 12:21 PM
I would also like to see 1/2/3 DVD sets for wrestlers past and present. Showing the best bits of their careers. For example, Bulldog, Owen, RVD, Jake Roberts etc.....

sensai86
09-05-2004, 05:38 PM
The Best of Cruiserweights

That would be good!

LK
09-05-2004, 05:50 PM
I like the idea of the HIAC DVD.