PDA

View Full Version : Rate this fantasy hockey trade.

YOUR Hero
12-28-2003, 03:22 PM
Without knowing who's team is who's tell me who you think won it...

Cajanek, Petr
Gonchar, Sergei
Thibault, Jocelyn
Thornton, Joe

FOR

Lang, Robert
Nurminen, Pasi
Tanguay, Alex
Zidlicky, Marek

Yashamaga
12-28-2003, 03:37 PM
The Tanguay side.

Cajanek really isnt much and Zidlicky has the edge over him
Gonchar is like a top 5 fantasy D man but with Forsberg back Tanguay will rake it in.
Thibault is tons better than Nurminen but he'll be out at LEAST until late Jan.
and I honestly think Lang will have a better year than Thornton. Joe's looking like crap this year and he's missing wide open nets and...it's just ugly :-/

Y2Ant
12-28-2003, 05:20 PM
Bottom one

road doggy dogg
12-28-2003, 05:28 PM
LOL

Lang and Tanguay > all 4 of those players

Throwing in Zidlicky and Nurminen is just gravy

road doggy dogg
12-28-2003, 05:28 PM
BTW if the guy giving up Tanguay/Lang accepts, he's a moron

YOUR Hero
12-28-2003, 07:21 PM
He already accepted :)

I win.

Heyman
12-28-2003, 07:34 PM
bottom........by far (see Yash's explanation).

PsychoSport
12-29-2003, 02:13 AM
See..I disagree.

Thornton is better than Lang. I'm not sure Lang has had anywhere near the season he's having right now before, and I have no reason to think he won't slump.

Gonchar is better than Zidlicky.

Thibeault is much better than Nurminen, who sucks.

Of course, Tangay is better than cajenek, but that doesn't make up for the others in my opinion.

The guy getting the bottom players looks good right now, but he's also taking the biggest risk, as it's not unlikely that both Lang and zidlicky can't keep up their current pace.

At least that's the way I see it. Meh. Either way it's not nearly as one-sided as RDD seems to think.

YOUR Hero
12-29-2003, 10:15 AM
Lang put up 'Morrison like' numbers last year. That's high 70's ish. He's going to keep a good pace IMO, while Thorton was the one guy I said I'd never trade, I just see this as being an off year for him.

Of course Gonchar is better than Zidlicky, but if you combine Tanguay with Cejanek it, becomes very close if not in my favour further.

Thibeault is the better skilled goalie, but Nurminen is on a winner and that equals wins, in fact if you look at his numbers, he's got good SV%.

My +/- improves also. My PPP stay virtualy the same. Assists remain top in league. I also have 4 players I can dress regulaly, while only giving up 2. 3 when Thibeault gets back to the losing Blackhawks.

The other factor is I've twice missed goalie starts due to having 3 Goalies on IR. I can't have that happen anymore. Look at where you and I finished this week against each other, as 8-1 but because I was short in net, I lose 2 winning catergories there, you also won SHO, even though neither of us posted one. That turned it into a 6-4 win only for me. Like I said, twice (maybe 3 times :?: ) I've missed goalie stats.

KleptoKlown
12-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Seeing how i'd rank Thorton in the top 5 overall players in the NHL, i'd probably say the Thorton side won. Gonchar also being probably the best fantasy dman to have. It really depends on Lang though. If he can continue at the pace he's going, its a good trade, if he slumps off, which is a good possibility, especially when teams focus more on him...

well, by the end of the season, we'd know for sure, but I think whoever got Thorton and Gonchar won the trade. At bare minimum, they took very little risk.