View Full Version : "Golden throat"

12-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Anyone here familiar with this contraption? Basically, it's a pretty old vocal instrument where you blow air through a tube and it produces some sort of weird noise into your speaker/amplifier. My dad's had it sitting around for ages, but I can't get it to work. I have it hooked up to my PA system but it's not picking up anything... curious to know what it sounds like.

It seems pretty primative, a lot like my 30 year old Morley wah/volume pedal, I could probably get a sound just like it on my effects processor. :o

You may proceed with the input/questions/answers/jokes about deepthroating.

12-28-2003, 10:07 PM
yeah, definitely sounds like something that would be in a ideepthroat.com video.

anyway, yeah i've heard of it, not exactly sure how it works or whatever but yeah.

The Outlaw
12-29-2003, 02:04 AM
You're not talking about what Frampton uses are you?

I think it's something different, but I'm not sure. :?:

12-29-2003, 07:58 AM
Definitely think it's what Frampton uses.

Those things are hella cool, but I haven't the slightest clue of how they work.

(8)Do you feeeeeel... like... I... feeel(8)

12-29-2003, 06:50 PM
frampton used a talkbox, where theres a tube that goes from the little guitar pedal into your mouth, and it carries the sound of your guitar, and you move your mouth to manipulate the sound and your microphone picks it up. :y:

The Outlaw
12-30-2003, 01:54 AM
I want one of those. :(

12-30-2003, 12:36 PM