PDA

View Full Version : US Title scene(SD spoilers and Summerslam spoilers)

Splaya
08-04-2004, 02:38 AM
I read on a website that the Cena vs Booker T match at SS will be a best of 5 matchup. I got the news from the SD spoilers at Wrestleview.com

this match : :drool:

Spoiler's in the title. Try not to do that. -Funky

HeartBreakMan2k
08-04-2004, 02:42 AM
I like the whole best of 5 concept, and I love Cena... I just don't think he's ready for that long of a match.

Lara Emily
08-04-2004, 03:55 AM
Nevermind misread. Hmm could be cool if Cena doesn't blowup.

KingofOldSchool
08-04-2004, 03:58 AM
They only made this much because they don't have enough storylines/over workers to fill their half of the Smackdown Summerslam card. :-\

Hired Hitman
08-04-2004, 04:01 AM
*pictures booker T holding up hand as to say "? Out of 5"* :shifty:

Lara Emily
08-04-2004, 04:01 AM
They only made this much because they don't have enough storylines/over workers to fill their half of the Smackdown Summerslam card. :-\Pretty much :D. Guess we won't be seeing a Tag title or Cruiserweight title match.

KingofOldSchool
08-04-2004, 04:03 AM
Kidma/London/Mysterio vs. The 3 Dudleys probably...

LK
08-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Should be good if it happens

Sephiroth
08-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Kidma/London/Mysterio vs. The 3 Dudleys probably...

That would rock!

I hope Cena gets his title back at SS.

Corkscrewed
08-04-2004, 12:28 PM
I don't. He's ready for the main event.

Xero
08-04-2004, 01:34 PM
So, what, it's going to litterally be a series over a few shows like Benoit/Booker, or is it going to be like a 2 out of 3 falls match only 3 out of 5?

The CyNick
08-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Thats what I was wondering. The word "series" tells me, its over multiple shows, whereas "falls" would be in one match. But it could be just the "reporter" using different laguage.

3/5 falls seems like a lot for a show that is already pretty stacked in terms of quality matches. If you have 5 falls, the match should be at least 30 minutes, and I'm not sure they will be given that much time with two World Title matches a Triple H match and Eddie-Kurt ahead of them on the depth chart.

3/5 series would be better IMO. Maybe they could even make a house show match part fo the series. At the very least they could have some good TV matches, and perhaps culminate at the No Mercy show in October. The only problem with a series is that the Summerslam match would be kinda unimportant, because its only the first match of the series. At the same time, its Cena so it'll be over.

mrslackalack
08-04-2004, 10:18 PM
I have a feeling WWE will push Rey Mysterio before the years out as U.S. Champion, something I feel he deserves. although I like Booker as champ.

The CyNick
08-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Yeah I can see a Rey-BT program after the Cena thing is over with.

BTW, they cleared up the rules on SD tonight. Like I said, its over multiple shows, which is a good idea. Dont think it will come close to Benoit-BT, but it should be entertaining. Plus, now they can give Cena a win at the PPV without giving him the title.

Lara Emily
08-06-2004, 12:53 AM
It's a best out of 5 series. Only the first match will be at SS not the entire thing.

In other words what Cynick said

AareDub
08-06-2004, 01:02 AM
I loved the Benoit/Booker T best of 5 thing, but Booker just doesn't entertain me as much anymore. I'm curious to see how this one will turn out, I hope they can pull of at least 3 good matches instead of putting on the same basic match 5 times.

Here's a question. They obviously wouldn't want to hurt the credibility of either guy, so the logical (and by logical I mean predictable) thing to do is to have each win alternating matches. For example, Cena wins 1, Booker wins 1, and so on. Do you guys expect to see that, or do you think they'll let one of the guy go up 2-0 only to have the other fight back to force a 5th match? It seems to me like either way they go, once the second match is over, the rest will be fairly easy to predict.

Anyway, all that pretty much just to ask, who do you think will win and how? I'm guessing:
Match 1: Cena
Match 2: Cena
Match 3: Booker T
Match 4: Booker T
Match 5: Cena

The CyNick
08-06-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm guessing Cena will not get the title when this is all said and done.

I'm pretty confident Cena will win at Summerslam (babyface win on a show that will have heavy heel wins at the top of the card). But if they wanted him to be the champ, they could have just had a regular match at SS, and have Cena get back the belt. The fact that the belt isn't on the line at SS, tells me they have no intention of giving Cena the title.

So, I see BT winning matches 2 and 3 to go up 2-1. Cena will then win a big match to tie it up (either on a major SD or a PPV), but then Booker T will win the 5th match due to some heel type tactics.

This is all makes sense because Cena is set to take some time off at some point to film The Marine. So BT gets a rub, Cena will be gone for a little while, and then when he comes back he can go on to the World Title picture.

Corkscrewed
08-06-2004, 01:12 PM
^ Makes sense. I agree that this series will have a lot of potential and can be one of the all time great US Title feuds. That probably means it will culminate at Survivor Series.

John la Rock
08-06-2004, 02:43 PM
yes I agree with Cynick once again

mrslackalack
08-06-2004, 11:37 PM
I think a good long, Storyline for this would be Booker wins the series then Cena wants the WWE Title but gets into a feud with Teddy Long who says Cena should never be champ, Cena gets ''injured'' and put out some time. while Long says Cena will NEVER be in the RR. Meanwhile they will show promos for a new masked man, who will enter the Rumble and win it, and pulls off the mask to be Cena!

Kane Knight
08-07-2004, 12:52 AM
I think they should string it out more. Do a best of five over the course of a month, ending it at the PPV.

Thast way, there's some buildup and everything. Makes it seem like a series.