PDA

View Full Version : Its a little early, but lets talk Reading/Leeds 2004

Cactus Sid
12-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Yeah, thought anyway who might be going could talk about who could potentially be there, any rumours going around or anything like that.

Obviously, The White Stripes will be there, if Jack White isn't in prison, and Muse have already confirmed they will be doing a festival tour this summer, and I heard Zane Lowe say Muse have confirmed they will play, so I think Muse is a pretty safe bet.

Also, a lot of the Warped Tour bands tend to come over for the festival, so maybe Thursday to headline Concrete Jungle

The Destroyer
12-28-2003, 06:22 PM
Yeah, Muse seem to be doing some of the festivals... they're playing T In The Park up here at the start of July, along with the Darkness and David Bowie (waaaaaay more names to come).

Reading and Leeds never bothers me, what I'm more interested in are the odd rumours of a Scottish leg for Download in 2004. :love:

Cactus Sid
12-28-2003, 07:50 PM
Apparently, Metallica have confirmed for Download, and Korn and Slipknot are supposed to be playing as well.

fonzy
12-28-2003, 08:23 PM
<center><font color="#0080FF" face="Arial" Size="2">yeah, metallica have confirmed download... there will also be a scottish date.

i heard the beastie boys were gonna headline too. :o

and rumour has it taking back sunday will be doing some festivals... there new album will be around then. :D</font>

Cactus Sid
12-28-2003, 08:25 PM
TBS would be sweet

Cactus Sid
01-09-2004, 06:57 AM
Green Day are releasing a new album in 2004.... Maybe they'll play Reading...(and leeds)

everyhourdylan
01-09-2004, 07:01 AM
eh i hope the white stripes break up in 04

razorblade kisses
01-09-2004, 10:00 AM
*Prays for TBS to play in England this year*

everyhourdylan
01-09-2004, 01:49 PM
wouldnt you be praying for them to get back toghether first?

Eunos
01-10-2004, 05:55 AM
I hope whatever muppet put Junior senior on the Line up last year got his ass fired.

More metal IMO would be welcome this year, Less Pop Punk this year thank you/

Cactus Sid
01-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Apparently The Offspring said they'd be playing European festivals this summer.... so that's either V or Reading/Leeds

Cactus Sid
01-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Oh and apparently Limp Bizkit's manager said they'd be playing festivals "at the end of August"

fonzy
01-24-2004, 10:16 AM
<center><font color="#0080FF" face="Arial" Size="2">uhhh... they're still together</font>

Mike the Metal Ed
01-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Donington 4 lyffffffff

Rob
01-24-2004, 12:24 PM
If Download has a Scottish leg then I'll probably go to that one instead.

Cactus Sid
01-24-2004, 01:39 PM

It does.

Or was that a statement... hard to say.

ct2k
01-24-2004, 01:52 PM
I think Pearl Jam would be a good headliner, doubt it'll happen but seeing how they released that b side/rarities album recently and an album in 2002 its about time they came back over here

The Destroyer
01-24-2004, 02:24 PM
It does.

Or was that a statement... hard to say.
It's not actually been officially confirmed by the organisers, so it's hard to tell what shape it'll take. Although info so far is that it'll be June 2nd (a Wednesday :wtf: ) and that Metallica and Machine Head have stated they're playing (along with the main Download festival).

Rob
01-25-2004, 05:36 AM
It's 99% confirmed now and it's June 6th in Glasgow. Korn are meant to be topping with limpbizkit in the semi spot.

The Destroyer
01-25-2004, 05:53 AM
Not what I've heard. :o

Metallica and Machine Head have both confirmed they'll be in Glasgow on June 2nd, and there's rumours that there'll be something on June 3rd as well. Sadly enough, the rumours for the other bands are Linkin Park, Korn, Slipknot and (not so bad) Audioslave. :-\

Whatever's happening, there's supposedly going to be an official announcement next week.

Mike the Metal Ed
01-25-2004, 08:32 AM

I thought you were from London? Why not go to Donington? Much nearer.

Rob
01-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Not what I've heard. :o

Metallica and Machine Head have both confirmed they'll be in Glasgow on June 2nd, and there's rumours that there'll be something on June 3rd as well. Sadly enough, the rumours for the other bands are Linkin Park, Korn, Slipknot and (not so bad) Audioslave. :-\

Whatever's happening, there's supposedly going to be an official announcement next week.

Well how many festivals do you think are on a Wednesday?

Bizkit and Korn are almost certain to play the top spots. I'd love to see Metallica, Linkin Park and Audioslave though.

Rob
01-25-2004, 03:32 PM
I thought you were from London? Why not go to Donington? Much nearer.

Basically, if I go to Glasgow, I'll go back to Dundee after it's done and actually be able to get some sleep (and I'll probably go with my cousins) while if I go to Donnington, it involves way more organisation for my liking.

Silent
01-27-2004, 10:09 AM

You stupid ass.

Rob
01-29-2004, 02:35 PM
In a "I looked like a stupid cu</>nt" moment, the Glasgow leg is indeed on a Wednesday and Thursday. Linkin Park and Metallica only confirmed acts right now. I'd think Bizkit and Korn will top the other night.

The Destroyer
01-29-2004, 02:51 PM
Linkin Park and Metallica are on different nights. :p

Korn probably will play though, their name's been thrown around alot

Cactus Sid
01-31-2004, 09:33 AM
On the Reading front, in a not especially suprising note, The White Stripes apparently confirmed last night that they would be playing

Cactus Sid
02-05-2004, 03:22 PM
Reading pre-sale tickets are on-sale now, but they're £105 + Booking fee

Cactus Sid
02-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Apparently The Darkness have been confirmed

Danny Electric
02-19-2004, 03:30 PM
I'll probably go to one day of both festivals as I can't afford any weekends.

Cactus Sid
02-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Not with another 15-20 quid lumped onto the price of the tickets, go to Reading on the Saturday (Concrete Jungle :cool: )

I think the headliners will be something like, Muse, White Stripes, Darkness, Offspring, Green Day and Beastie Boys

Danny Electric
02-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Not with another 15-20 quid lumped onto the price of the tickets, go to Reading on the Saturday (Concrete Jungle :cool: )

I think the headliners will be something like, Muse, White Stripes, Darkness, Offspring, Green Day and Beastie Boys

Yeah that was the day i was planning to go. I know what you meant about the price, it's getting stupid now.
But I'll probably get dragged along by my ex to see Korn if they play Donnigton. I went to the weekend at Donnington last year and thought it was good.

But so far I hat The White Stripes and The Darkness so it looks like I want to miss them.

JJ Moore
02-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Aerosmith and AC/DC to play reading and leeds with The D supporting, most recent STRONG rumour

Cactus Sid
02-20-2004, 05:34 AM
Aerosmith and AC/DC to play reading and leeds with The D supporting, most recent STRONG rumour

Unlikely that both of them will play. I could see one or the other headlining the Sunday (Reading) and Friday (Leeds) with The Darkness, but I thought AC/DC were gonna play Download.

Dave Youell
02-20-2004, 07:43 AM
Yeah i heard the AC/DC rumor, JJ we are going again right?

Cos i have to see AC/DC

JJ Moore
02-20-2004, 11:20 AM
Yeah i heard the AC/DC rumor, JJ we are going again right?

Cos i have to see AC/DC

Yeah def man, im there!

Mike the Metal Ed
02-21-2004, 08:14 AM
Looks like Leeds/Reading has a better lineup, might consider it.

Cactus Sid
02-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Looks like Leeds/Reading has a better lineup, might consider it.

They'll announce it all by April probably, it SHOULD be a good lineup, because the line up was somewhat lacking last year.

deathtrap
02-21-2004, 01:37 PM
I've heard the Delays, Scissor Sisters and Ordinary Boys have confirmed they are there.

Cactus Sid
02-21-2004, 02:50 PM
I've heard the Delays, Scissor Sisters and Ordinary Boys have confirmed they are there.

:y:

This is true

Cactus Sid
03-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Announcement for Reading/Leeds is on Tuesday :cool:

As far as I'm aware Saturday's line up from headliner down is

The White Stripes
Morrissey
The Libertines
Chas and Dave

fonzy
03-25-2004, 02:44 PM
<center><font color="#0080FF" face="Arial" Size="2">i'll watch morrissey.

i'm getting my tickets within the next week. :cool:</font>

Cactus Sid
03-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Announcement's been moved forward to Monday

Really hope Green Day are gonna play, I'll probably get my tickets on Monday

Cactus Sid
03-27-2004, 06:30 AM
Looks like Green Day are playing Sunday night :cool:

Wengerland
03-27-2004, 06:41 PM
A few of my friends are going to Reading or Leeds and asked me to go along,i'll wait for the lineups first though cause Download is looking good.

Cactus Sid
03-28-2004, 04:39 PM
From what I've read it will be

FRIDAY
The Darkness
The Offspring
Ash

SATURDAY
The White Stripes
Morrissey
The Libertines
Franz Ferdinand
(Chas & Dave)

SUNDAY
Green Day
50 Cent

All is good except for 50 cent

Cactus Sid
03-29-2004, 05:58 AM
The above lineup is now Confirmed, with Lost Prophets and The Streets also confirmed

Cactus Sid
03-29-2004, 05:59 AM
And the Hives on the Friday

JJ Moore
03-29-2004, 06:36 AM
man i think ill go to downlaod, this line-up looks shit. 2002 Leeds all the way!

fonzy
03-29-2004, 08:26 AM
<center><font color="#0080FF" face="Arial" Size="2">i rarely watch the headliners on the main stage anyway...

green day, lostprophets and morrissey sound good. :y:</font>

Sin Harvest
03-29-2004, 08:51 AM
Without doubt, the most horrible line-up I've ever seen.

Download for me this year me-thinks.

The Destroyer
03-29-2004, 09:00 AM
The only thing that usually appeals to me about the Reading lineup are some of the tents. I never usually like the look of the main stage, this year seems to be no different...

Cactus Sid
03-29-2004, 10:27 AM
I quite like the line-up to be honest, not neccessarily because my favourite bands are there, but purely because I think it would be an experience to see some of them.

The Darkness were great last year, it'll be interesting to see if they can hold together an 1 1/2 or 2 hour set, I used to love The Offspring so they'll be good to see, and Ash have got some good songs.

Saturday's Concrete Jungle, so I'll probably be in there most of the day, but The White Stripes might be worth seeing, The Libertines will be brilliant if Pete's still with them, and Morrissey should be amazing.

As for Sunday, couldn't give a sh</>it about 50 cent, but you can't always get what ya want, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will want to see him, and Green Day will be definetly be amazing, and will certainly be my highlight of the festival.

JJ Moore
03-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Download weekend for me maybe, or just day to see slipknot, slayer and tallica, and day ticket to go see offspring and the darkness at reading.

Fabien Barthez
03-29-2004, 09:11 PM
It still totally jobs to IOW but hey, lets compare.

Headliners

IOW
The Who
David Bowie
Stereophonics

Carling weekend
Greenday
Darkness
White Stripes

I'm not the worlds biggest GD fan if im honest, so they wouldn't make me buy a ticket, Whites ive been wanting to see for ages so at very least I will go for the one day they are on. Darkness were brilliant when I saw them last year but I have reservations that an outdoor gig to 50,000 people would bee as goot as 3,000 in the Manchester Apollo.

Isle of wight has the Who, class. Bowie (who I saw a few years back) sheer class and the Phonics (who I saw in December) more class.

Winner - I O W

Support

CW

Offspring
Morrissey
Arthur Dollar

IOW

Groove Armada
Manic Street Preachers
Charlatans

I wouldn't lose any sleep over missing the Offspring, Morrissey has some good recent stuff, and if he played Charming Man or How Soon is Now i'd go mental, but he is booking Meltdown which he will play with the New York Dolls so I'd go see him there. And 50 Cent? Hopefully he follows suit with JayZ and cancels.

Groove Armada wouldn't be too bad as the sun is going down and you laying down with a joint but not my first choice of bands Id see. Manics and the Charlatans are both equally quality. Im into Indie and British rock so for me..

Winner - IOW

Various Others

CW

Ash
Hives
Franz Ferdinand
Libertines

IOW

Jet
Snow Patrol
Libertines
Suzanne Vega
Electric Soft Parade
British Sea Power

Although Id like to see The Hives and Franz, IOW has 3 of the biggest bands of the last 9-12 months in Libertines Jet and Snow Patrol. Suzanne Vega rules also and the others are good for the early shifts so I think hands down

Winner - IOW

Now dont get me wrong, T in the Park totally pisses on every other festival this year, and so does that cool Irish festival that I forget the name of but, thats life.

Thats my take on it.

Cactus Sid
04-08-2004, 01:05 PM
THURSDAY ARE PLAYING :love:

Cactus Sid
04-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Following bands have been confirmed

MAIN STAGE

Jurassic 5
Hundred Reasons
The Vines
Placebo

RADIO 1 TENT

Graham Coxon
Funeral For A Friend
Supergrass
Von Bondies

Apparently Melissa Auf Der Maur has self-confirmed :love:

Jonster
04-14-2004, 08:40 PM
<font color="#99CCFF">I'm personally not going to either this year, part of me can't be bothered, and the other part of me is saying I can't afford it.

I scanned over this and didn't see a link, so I thought I'd give you a pretty handy one for rumours and stuff:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/lineups.php?FestID=580

It's kept really up to date too, so yeah it's good. I'm still probably gonna keep my eye on it just to see who I'm missing...</font>

Cactus Sid
04-14-2004, 09:11 PM
<font color="#99CCFF">

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/lineups.php?FestID=580

It's kept really up to date too, so yeah it's good. I'm still probably gonna keep my eye on it just to see who I'm missing...</font>

I'm a member of the forums :o

Also, he hasn't updated any of the rumours in ages, quite a few bands have self-confirmed and he hasn't even added them as a rumour, aside from the ones announced, he haasn't bothered.

Tis a good site though.

Jonster
04-14-2004, 09:34 PM
<font color="#99CCFF">Well that page has been updated in the past few days at least, and it's the site I found to be most imformative about the line-up (saying that, I did stop looking due to laziness)</font>

Cactus Sid
04-24-2004, 10:49 AM
TAKING BACK SUNDAY ARE PLAYING :love: :love: :love:

packt up
04-25-2004, 12:21 AM
T in the park owns y0oo

IMO :shifty:

Cactus Sid
04-25-2004, 05:19 PM
I actually agree.

But I just can't afford going to T, paying for the festival, getting there and back, money while I'm there. Having to lob tent and everything around from Torquay to Balado....no thanks.

Cactus Sid
04-26-2004, 01:15 PM
Added to Leeds only are My Morning Jacket, while other new confirmations are Reel Big Fish, Taking Back Sunday, Goldie Lookin’ Chain, Thursday, Dropkick Murphys, The Rasmus, Thrice, and Yellowcard.

Reel Big Fish :love:
Thrice :love:
Yellowcard :love:
Dropkick Murphys :love:
Thursday :love: :love: :love:
Taking Back Sunday :love: :love: :love:

WOOOOOOOOOO

Sin Harvest
04-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Leeds just gets worse and worse, bollocks to it I believe.

The only band there that I like is The Darkness, they were great last year, but they are not worth going to the festival for.

Download for me, Sunday only, going to see:

Metallica
Slayer
Machinehead
Damageplan etc.

Metal as fu</>ck!

Cactus Sid
04-26-2004, 05:24 PM
I think Mean Fiddler have decided to go with up and coming talent rather than an all out bunch of superstars for the Main Stage, but hey, I compared individual bands (in order) and I prefer this year to last year.

packt up
04-26-2004, 06:28 PM
I actually agree.

But I just can't afford going to T, paying for the festival, getting there and back, money while I'm there. Having to lob tent and everything around from Torquay to Balado....no thanks.

({)

What about V?? the V line up is pretty damn similar to T's.

Cactus Sid
04-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Going to see The Pixies at V :love:

Tornado
04-26-2004, 07:35 PM
<font color=#33ffff>I'm considering going to Leeds for just the Saturday with my g/f, we can use her University Accomodation so no camping for me..:))

That is unless tickets have sold out..:((</font>

Cactus Sid
04-26-2004, 07:41 PM
Leeds tickets, weekend, NEVER sell out, same with Day

You should be able to buy them on the day anyway

Cactus Sid
05-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Young Heart Attack (Saturday/Sunday) and New Found Flory (Sunday/Friday) have been added to the Main Stage

Super Furry Animals, Soulwax, Peaches , The Donnas ,Razorlight, The Wildhearts for the Radio 1 Stage (Friday Reading/Saturday Leeds)

MC5, The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, The Ordinary Boys, Har Mar Superstar, The Icarus Line, The Bronx, Bloc Party (Saturday Reading/Sunday Leeds)

Auf Der Maur (:love: same time as 50 cent :love: :love: ) British Sea Power, Deus, 20-20s, The Stills, Dogs Die In Hot Cars (Sunday Reading/Friday Leeds)

Bloodhoung Gang are supposed to be playing on the Main Stage on one of the days

Cactus Sid
05-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Punktastic say COHEEEEEEEEEEEEEED are playing :love:

Cactus Sid
05-22-2004, 09:08 PM
According to the Alexisonfire Website, this is the Concrete Jungle Lineup

Sick of it All
Goldfinger
Dillinger Escape Plan
Living End
Bouncing Souls
The Starting Line
Coheed and Cambria
Mest
Flogging Molly
Allister
Alexisonfire

Danny Electric
05-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Cool
Take Dillinger off there, it's even better.

Cactus Sid
05-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Apparently when they played last time, there was some fiasco with sh</>it.

The Destroyer
05-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Indeed there was, but I can't see there being a repeat of that this year.

Not really an ideal slot though, shoved between the Living End and Goldfinger. Use their set to go get something eat and drink, you damn haters. :p

Cactus Sid
05-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Think they'd be playing at the same time as either The Libertines or Morrissey/MC5

Ska-Wars
05-25-2004, 05:24 AM
'A' are headlining the Concrete Jungle stage, but according to their mailout, they're headlining on Friday at Reading and Saturday at Leeds. Concrete Jungle on 2 days maybe...

-EDIT- 'A' screwed up, its only one day...Saturday at Reading, Sunday at Leeds

Danny Electric
05-25-2004, 01:24 PM
Lol I remember that, I just came out of the Carling Tent to see him shitting on stage. Saying that his shit represents the crap you'll be watching on stage later.

Rob
05-25-2004, 06:12 PM
So who is actually all going?

Just got my Reading weekend ticket last night

Ian
05-25-2004, 06:18 PM
I'm going to leeds.

The Destroyer
05-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Lol I remember that, I just came out of the Carling Tent to see him shitting on stage. Saying that his shit represents the crap you'll be watching on stage later.
I think in particular it was a stab at Puddle Of Mudd...

Mike the Metal Ed
05-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Donington for me. :cool:

Cactus Sid
05-25-2004, 07:26 PM
I'm going

Outsider
05-26-2004, 07:10 AM
I'm going but only for the Sunday

Stupid weekend tickets selling out :mad:

Cactus Sid
05-26-2004, 08:50 AM
www.scarletmist.com

You can get them for face value, if you make a small donation to charity

Cactus Sid
07-25-2004, 11:00 AM
Seeing as its like just over a month away, I thought I'd bump this up, see who is going to both, who you're looking forward to etc....

As time goes by, the lineup looks better and better IMO, plus the Carling Stage kicks ass, so there should probably be a band on who you'd wanna see all the time.

Still hope for fiddy pulling out though....

The Destroyer
07-25-2004, 11:01 AM
I still think this is the worst lineup I've seen over the last few years.

Cactus Sid
07-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Personally, I think it beats the sh</>it out of the last 2 years

packt up
08-04-2004, 09:34 PM
2 years ago the line up rocked.

Since then downhill.

JJ Moore
08-26-2004, 01:40 PM
2 years ago the line up rocked.

Since then downhill.

Guns N' Roses - Leeds Festival 2002 :cool: