PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Moonsault

ilt_undertaker
12-28-2003, 09:49 PM
Who, IYO, has the best/worst Moonsault?

Best
Kurt Angle (perfect elavation)
"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels
The Big Show ( I saw him do it in WcW, it was pretty good for a man his size)

Worst

Lita (it always looks like she slipped and geared downward)
Um...........

FFD
12-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Who, IYO, has the best/worst Moonsault?

Best
Kurt Angle (perfect elavation)
"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels
The Big Show ( I saw him do it in WcW, it was pretty good for a man his size)

Worst

Lita (it always looks like she slipped and geared downward)
Um...........

Holy shit. Big Show did a moon sault. :eek: That's crazy.

Esse Rios(sp?) has a good one. He get's some massive elevation.

blake639raw
12-28-2003, 10:21 PM
I'd say Jericho and Daniels.

sexymanalive
12-28-2003, 10:25 PM
I will say Dragon and Jericho have the best
the worst i would say triple x and aj stlye

ilt_undertaker
12-28-2003, 10:28 PM
Holy shit. Big Show did a moon sault. :eek: That's crazy.

Esse Rios(sp?) has a good one. He get's some massive elevation.

I forgot about Essa Rios, he has a good one too :y:

KayfabeMan
12-29-2003, 06:24 AM
Best and Worst Spelling/Punctuation?

Best
Anyone who is not....

Worst
sexymanalive

Darkone
12-29-2003, 06:37 AM
I don't count Angle, because he doesn't ever seem to hit it.

Hayabusa, is who I would say, has the best one.

The worst? Ehh, will say Lita, if only because I just watched a match with her messing it up.

They let the Giant actually do his moonsault in WCW? Happen to remeber what show this happened at?

KayfabeMan
12-29-2003, 06:43 AM
The Big Show did do a moonsault while in WCW. I actually remember
him using it more than once,but WCW telling him to stop using it..He
also was supposed to use it in one particular match with Nash (forget
the event),but Nash said he wouldn't take it :roll:

Stickman
12-29-2003, 12:52 PM
1-2-3 Kid

sledge
12-29-2003, 01:34 PM
I always liked Hugh Morrus' moonsault.

DXJerky-Version 2.5
12-29-2003, 02:09 PM
Worst-Brock's WM Moonsault

Best-any big man that can complete one

ilt_undertaker
12-29-2003, 02:29 PM
I always liked Hugh Morrus' moonsault.

:y: , forgot about him too

BigGammy v1.0
12-29-2003, 03:39 PM
The Big Show did do a moonsault while in WCW. I actually remember
him using it more than once,but WCW telling him to stop using it..He
also was supposed to use it in one particular match with Nash (forget
the event),but Nash said he wouldn't take it :roll:

Man, I kept on hearing that he'd been working on a moonsault while in WCW, but never got to actually see it. I saw him come off the top rope twice in WCW, however - a missed splash, and a missile dropkick.

asphyXy
12-29-2003, 03:42 PM
<font color=969696>123 Kid.</font>

thebitch
12-29-2003, 03:50 PM
Worst-Brock's WM Moonsault

Did Brock attempt a moonsault? I know he tried a SSP, but I don't think he did a moonsault.

sledge
12-29-2003, 04:21 PM
I was watching some old footage of Mid-South wrestling and saw The Moondogs. They had some awesome moonsaults for big men! :y:

Vastardikai
12-29-2003, 04:28 PM
Vader has a good one. It was scary looking!

Darwin Henderson
12-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Man, I kept on hearing that he'd been working on a moonsault while in WCW, but never got to actually see it. I saw him come off the top rope twice in WCW, however - a missed splash, and a missile dropkick.

I heard that he could do one but no one wanted it done on them.

Sting Fan
12-29-2003, 04:41 PM
I know of twice that Paul Wight hit his Moonsault in WCW i personaly saw him hit it once at a house show he did a squash against some called the renegade i think his name was. And he also hit it once on a guy called roadblcok on Nitro also in a squash. And i heard a rumor not sure how true it was but i heard a rumor he was suposed to do it on Hogan to win the world title but Hogan refusd to take it. But anyway Wights moonsault is a thing of beauty to see live it looked a little sloppy on t.v but live it was a thing of absolute beauty.

And also iv always thought Ultimo Dragons Moonsault was pretty sweet as well as Dean Malenkos.

Mr. JL
12-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Best: Kurt Angle's is by far the best, when he does it, which is practically never. I don't even think he has performed one in the year 2003.

Worst: Terry Funk's moonsault was pretty bad, but pretty cool that a guy at the age of fifty added it to his repitoire(sp?) His moonsaults always turned into a whacked out corkscrew twist.

But some HOLY SHIT chants should go out for the Big Show! I've never seen him do the move but if he can, then just HOLY SHIT! Hopefully he pulls just one out on WWE tv. I'll keep praying because I want to see that.

Nowhere Man
12-29-2003, 09:13 PM
To add on to the Big Show moonsault thing, I'm pretty sure he also used to do dropkicks on a rather regular basis in his early days with WCW. The guy was pretty agile back then.

Anyways, aside from most of the others mentioned, I always remembered Al Snow having a pretty wicked-looking moonsault. 'Course, it pales in comparison to Angle's (that's just a thing of beauty there), but his was pretty shweet.

thebitch
12-29-2003, 11:42 PM
I can understand why nobody wants Big Show to do a moonsault on them. 500 pounds crashing down on you...He' break most bones in anybody's body.

But, I'd give him mad props if he tried it but the person rolled out of the way. Hell, I'd give mad props to just see him do it.

And Big Show used to do Missle Dropkicks on Viscera back in the day, i think.

Jordan
12-29-2003, 11:59 PM
Shawn Micheals, Ultimo Dragon, Jericho, and Essa Rios.

sadio8
12-30-2003, 12:29 AM
Flash Funk has a pretty good moonsault, same goes for Al Snow as well.

Vastardikai
12-30-2003, 12:39 AM
2 Cold Scorpio (aka Flash Funk) had alot of good moves, like a front Flip into a legdrop, Corkscrew Front Kick, and his Tumbleweed (Backflip into a leg drop, IIRC).

Sting Fan
12-30-2003, 02:38 AM
As far as Big Show goes he used to break out the dropkick quite often and his missile dropkick was a reasonabley regular thing at first too but i think nowadays he would be too heavy because if you compare him in his first run in WCW to now he has gained a lot of weight he actualy used to look reasonably trim but now he is quite fat. So i also think his moonsault would be non existant now but if you ever get a chance to see it have a look because the elevation he got was amazing and his landings were always sweet it was just a thing of beauty.

KayfabeMan
12-30-2003, 04:24 AM
Terry Funk hits a great moonsault,and it's great just to see a man
"at his age" do a moonsault :y:

What Would Kevin Do?
12-30-2003, 04:48 AM
Keiji Mutoh/ Great Muta has/had a beautiful moonsault, and I've always loved Kenta Kobashi's. Over all though I have to go with Angle... He never hits it, but it's a work of art.

Hired Hitman
12-30-2003, 09:09 AM
best: Essa Rios

worst: it's not good to think of the bad :$

...also when the bigshow stands on the top rope it goes down and levels with the 2nd rope :D

... another random remark... when rosey (or jamal i forget) was hit while trying a moonsault and fell off the top rope in a split-legged moonsault fasion, i was sooooo marking out :D

Dave Youell
12-30-2003, 10:21 AM
Van Dams split legged is better than some guys normal moonsault, imagine what his normal moonsault would look like :drool:

CANADIAN
12-30-2003, 12:12 PM
Chris Daniels moonsault is amazing!

Sephiroth
12-30-2003, 12:26 PM
Best and Worst Spelling/Punctuation?

Best
Anyone who is not....

Worst
sexymanalive

I like those :rofl:

Pepsi Man
12-30-2003, 12:34 PM
You know, if I were over 400 lbs. and had the agility to do a moonsault and the only thing holding it back were the refusal of people to take it...

I'd get pretty discouraged and might stop working on speed and agility as well.

Sting Fan
12-30-2003, 04:18 PM
Hey i wasnt mocking the dude i was and still am to degree a pretty big degree actualy a big show fan. I used to mark out for him all the time in WCW when he was The Giant so i wasnt mocking him just stating fact. I think he used to look about 340-390 somewhere around there in WCW now hes almost 500 pounds the fact of the matter is hes just to big to do a moonsault now although i have heard he can do a dropkick still pull out his dropkick beleive it or not.