PDA

View Full Version : Celtics/Lakers Trade...

VonErich Lives
08-07-2004, 12:47 AM
Mihm, Atkins and Banks

to LA for

Fox and Payton.

I don't think Fox will show, I think he'll retire, he was talking about it anyway... injuries, wife/kids in LA etc...

Which is fine, it frees up more cap space.

Payton, the word is he's been working out all offseason, pissed at the lakers and has a friendship w/ Pierce...

If he still has some gas in the tank, it's a great move.

Even if he doesn't, he only has 1 year left..

This free up cap space...

Great trade, Danny Ainge did something good!

The Miz
08-07-2004, 12:49 AM
thanks for making another topic

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-07-2004, 01:36 AM
What was the point of getting Banks? Just to give up on him right away

VonErich Lives
08-07-2004, 10:37 AM
thanks for making another topic

Thanks for making another pointless post.

VonErich Lives
08-07-2004, 10:38 AM
What was the point of getting Banks? Just to give up on him right away

I don't think they gave up, but the salary cap flexibility this deal gives them is huge.

It's the first good move I think Danny has done so far... but let's see what they do next year w/ the extra money.

Anyone have a list of next years free agents?

YOUR Hero
08-07-2004, 04:41 PM
Payton is a shell of his former self. Perhaps he'll surprise some people next year, but I doubt it.

VonErich Lives
08-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Payton is a shell of his former self. Perhaps he'll surprise some people next year, but I doubt it.

Thats was my original thought, is we pay'em for a year, then he's gone and more cap money.

But now they're saying he was pissed the Lakers didn't use him enough and wants to prove everyone wrong, so he's been working out non-stop in the off-season, plus they're saying he had been working out a lot w/ Paul Pierce.

When Kenny Anderson was playing good, Pierce had some of his best games, having a PG that can really run the floor... and if LaFrenz is healthy and plays Center...

I don't expect any titles, but could be an iteresting season...

Of course, now we also have to deal w/ Shaq in the east...

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-07-2004, 07:00 PM
LaFrenz sucks and Mark "i got overpaid" Blout is going to be at the 5 spot for the C's

VonErich Lives
08-08-2004, 10:49 AM
LaFrenz sucks and Mark "i got overpaid" Blout is going to be at the 5 spot for the C's

w/ all the money LaFrenz is getting if healthy, they'll start him, or at least try, maybe they put him at PF instead of Center. But ainge got him to start, not to role play.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-08-2004, 03:19 PM
LaFrenz was a terrible pickup, I have no idea why you would trade one huge contract for another huge contract. Especially when the guy you had in the first place (Walker) was a lot better then the guy you ended up getting.

Gonzo
08-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Celtics are the team. :cool:

VonErich Lives
08-14-2004, 05:29 PM
LaFrenz was a terrible pickup, I have no idea why you would trade one huge contract for another huge contract. Especially when the guy you had in the first place (Walker) was a lot better then the guy you ended up getting.

yep, Walker must be a great player since he just got delt again...

Don't get me wrong, I liked watching him play, but he didn't fit the team mold and I'm not going to grade LaFrenz till he plays and we see what role he has this season.

VonErich Lives
08-14-2004, 05:31 PM
So, the deal was changed since Payton didn't report for hit physical.

LA gets Jumaine Jones instead of Banks and the Celts don't giveup a 2nd round pick...

ok, whatever... it was a cap dump trade, I'll grade it next season when I see who we spend the money on.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-14-2004, 05:33 PM
LaFranz is nowhere as good as Walker, I've seen him play before.

I cant believe you actaully giving LaFranz for Walker a chance. It was a terrible trade. Walker still put up decent stats last year on a team heavy with offense plus he just doesn't fit on the Mavs. They already had 3 point shooting point foward that was better then Walker (Dirk) I am not a huge Walker at all, but saying LaFrenz could possibly be as good is ridiculous.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Yea already a ton of posts about the updates on the trade in the NBA topic

BCWWF
08-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Of course Payton is going to be below average when he is the fourth option on a team that runs an unfamiliar game, he is still a good player and easilly an upgrade from Chucky Atkins. People just jump on the bandwagon "Payton was upset and played bad in the NBA finals, that means he is a bad player." Everyone on the Lakers was upset and playing bad, Payton is still an above average player.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Payton is an upgrade over Atkins plus we get Banks back now which is good

Mihm is a stiff and so isn't Jones. Payton and Fox didnt show up for their physical tho so it will be intresting to see what happens

VonErich Lives
08-15-2004, 12:53 AM
LaFranz is nowhere as good as Walker, I've seen him play before.

Apples to Oranges... there asked to do different things.

the biggest hurt to Walker is he wont play the post... he has the skills to be one of the best post player in the league... instead he stays outside looking for the deep shot...

CNM
08-15-2004, 01:27 AM
Sounds to me like you just described Raef (aka Fear). Us Nuggets fans gave him that nickname because he was scared to get physical and play in the post. I doubt he'll change.

LoDownM
08-15-2004, 01:40 AM
Payton needs to go back to the Soinc's damn it :mad: He's still the man though.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-15-2004, 02:08 AM
Apples to Oranges... there asked to do different things.

the biggest hurt to Walker is he wont play the post... he has the skills to be one of the best post player in the league... instead he stays outside looking for the deep shot...
And LaFrenz is known for his post up moves? LaFrenz just CAMPS out at the 3 point line and shoots 3s.

LaFrenz doesnt handle the ball at all either. Walker is a better player then LaFrenz, anybody who knows anything about basketball will tell you this. Its not really comparing Apples to Oranges either, both are big man who shoot 3's but Walker does more then shoot 3's. All LaFrenz does is shoot 3's and then grab a couple of rebounds. Oh yeah another thing LaFrenz does is spend time on the DL while Walker doesn't.

Walker isn't an unbelievably great player or anything but he is much better then LaFrenz

BCWWF
08-15-2004, 03:39 AM
What do you expect? He's from KU :mad:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-15-2004, 04:25 AM
I was gonna say so isnt Walker, but hes actaully from UK not KU :mad:

VonErich Lives
08-15-2004, 10:26 AM
And LaFrenz is known for his post up moves? LaFrenz just CAMPS out at the 3 point line and shoots 3s.

LaFrenz doesnt handle the ball at all either. Walker is a better player then LaFrenz, anybody who knows anything about basketball will tell you this. Its not really comparing Apples to Oranges either, both are big man who shoot 3's but Walker does more then shoot 3's. All LaFrenz does is shoot 3's and then grab a couple of rebounds. Oh yeah another thing LaFrenz does is spend time on the DL while Walker doesn't.

Walker isn't an unbelievably great player or anything but he is much better then LaFrenz

you're still missing something, it's not always about the best player, it's about the player who fills the best role for the teams needs.

As I said, I'm not grading that one yet, check in mid-season and we see how the team is doing and how LaFrenz is doing.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-15-2004, 06:41 PM
The Celtics need another TRUE center, not LaFrenz, a 3 point shooting center/power foward. We already got that in McCarty

I am sure LaFrenz will have a steady diet of disabled list time by mid-season though