PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles vs The Hurricane - WWF Metal

AareDub
08-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Have many of you seen this match? I just stumbled upon it recently when looking for a match between AJ and Paul London.

It's the standard "lower middle carder crushes unknown jobber" type match you'd expect to see on Metal, but damn, AJ was pretty impressive in his defeat. I hadn't been that impressed by an "unknown" since I saw Tommy Dreamer vs Jimmy Yang on Sunday Night Heat. After seeing this match I'll never understand why Styles wasn't given an opportunity with the WWF/E. I'm not complaining, in fact it doesn't bother me at all, I'm just baffled. He sold all the moves perfectly and his offensive moves looked pretty impressive. Sure, it was nothing compared to what we see him do in TNA each week, but that's not the point.

I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on the match, so get to it...

The One
08-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Some other good matches on Metal (or Jakked) was Jerry Lynn (back when he was LH Champ) vs. Low Ki...I know Christopher Daniels has made two appearances...honestly I miss those shows...I liked the low stress atmospher. It all seemed so laided back, and I loved that.

Mike the Metal Ed
08-10-2004, 04:29 PM
I have it on my PC.

juanker
08-10-2004, 05:09 PM
AJ Was Given A Chance With WWE but It Was Only A Developmental Contract Paying About $500 & He Had To Pay For Everything Himself e.g Travel, Accomidation etc So He Went To TNA & Is Making A Lot More

Shadow
08-10-2004, 05:36 PM
AJ made the right decision in going to TNA. In the WWE, he would've been commiting suicide. The six-sided ring was just about made for him. As I've said before, now that I've actually seen AJ wrestler, he should never ever go to the WWE.

Shaggy
08-10-2004, 06:40 PM
I downloaded the match the minute I found it. Styles does one of the best shooting star presses I have ever seen in that match.

AareDub
08-10-2004, 07:31 PM
I downloaded the match the minute I found it. Styles does one of the best shooting star presses I have ever seen in that match.

Yea, I couldn't believe he went all the way through with the move. Like, most people would've tried to brace themselves right before hitting, he just kinda landed on the mat as if somebody was still there. Looked painful, yet awesome at the same time :lol:

I am glad that he didn't get signed with the WWE, because we all know where he'd be right now. The very best he could possibly be doing would be having the Smackdown Tag Titles (i.e. Paul London).

Mister Sinister
08-12-2004, 03:46 AM
I haven't seen the match, but didn't Styles actually take the Vertebreaker?

AareDub
08-12-2004, 03:02 PM
I haven't seen the match, but didn't Styles actually take the Vertebreaker?

Yea, he did. He lifted his head up a bit though and made it look kinda crappy. They changed the camera angle to hide it, but you could still tell he did it.

jindrak
08-12-2004, 06:21 PM
The major knock on AJ Styles is his size. With the exception of that, he is simply phenomenal.

Even if AJ Styles were WWE bound in the future, the most he will ever become is a potential mid-carder, or possibly a tag-team champ. Knowing McMahons' big man fetish, I unfortunately don't see AJ Styles being utilized properly in the WWE.

When AJ Styles was in TNA, I thought it was VERY stupid of TNA to have Vince Russo accompany Styles.

Why?- When standing side by side, Russo looked like a giant compared to the smaller Styles. This, in effect, made Styles look weak. Besides, Russo shouldn't be on TV, but that is a topic for another thread.

Simply put- AJ Styles has it all...except size.