PDA

View Full Version : Possible IC- Title Spoiler (Summerslam Triangle Match)

RemyRed
08-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Credit: PWTorch.com Newsletter

Batista likely won't be winning the IC Title at Summerslam as TV ads for the live Raw taping in Beaumont, Tex. on September 3 advertise Edge vs. Chris Jericho for the Intercontinental Title, so one of those two will apparently win the three-way IC Title match at Summerslam. The ad also plugged that a Chris Benoit vs. Randy Orton rematch was also booked for the show.

Damn, and I was hoping for Batista to have a good IC Title run.

Sephiroth
08-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Yeah, i like Batista, but imo he isn't IC champion material just yet.

Sephiroth
08-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Hoping Jericho will win it.

Kane Knight
08-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Wait. The WWE has released MORE spoilers on their own? :eek:

The CyNick
08-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Again, these things dont really mean much. They could get to the arena on Sunday and decide right there to switch things up.

Anyway, I thought Edge was going to retain because the show is in Toronto, and I think they want to spotlight on Orton winning the title. If Batista also won the title, it would take away some of the spotlight from Randy.

But I do think Batista will be the IC champ in a very short time. I would guess Unforgiven is a likely time for it to happen, or maybe even on TV before that.

Kane Knight
08-12-2004, 04:26 PM
Again, these things dont really mean much. They could get to the arena on Sunday and decide right there to switch things up.
The same could be said of any plan until it's actually enacted.

Still pretty stupid of them to give away the end of the storylines, even if they don't go with it. Possibly, ESPECIALLY if they don't. After all, house shows are already kind of a joke to a lot of people...Why add insult to injury? That'll help attendence.

Mayo
08-12-2004, 04:30 PM
I highly doubt that Batista would have won at Summerslam anyways, so to use a spinoff of my favourite quote...

You're not telling me anything I don't already know, motherfucker :p

The CyNick
08-12-2004, 04:33 PM
The same could be said of any plan until it's actually enacted.

Still pretty stupid of them to give away the end of the storylines, even if they don't go with it. Possibly, ESPECIALLY if they don't. After all, house shows are already kind of a joke to a lot of people...Why add insult to injury? That'll help attendence.

Yeah I know, but I think for the most part they advertise shows based on who are the champs today. I know they did the Orton spoiler thing on an ad somewhere, but I would imagine that was an honest mistake. To me it only makes sense to advertise using the current champs, and therefore this story doesn't really prove anything.

Kane Knight
08-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Yeah I know, but I think for the most part they advertise shows based on who are the champs today. I know they did the Orton spoiler thing on an ad somewhere, but I would imagine that was an honest mistake. To me it only makes sense to advertise using the current champs, and therefore this story doesn't really prove anything.
True enough.

At least the champ is one of the two this time.

It makes a little more sense that way...

slextremely
08-12-2004, 05:09 PM
I want Jericho to win, but i also dont want him to get the belt because i believe he is above the IC title!

SuperSlim
08-12-2004, 05:46 PM
well I had a theory on this whole three way IC match.

1. Batista isn't winnin it.

2. Edge was gonna retain the title by cheating solidifyin a sort of heel turn for him which will then elevate Jericho because it woulda shown that he coulda won if Edge would not have cheated.

3. Since Jericho is over now and Edge is gettin there as a somewhat heel they will continue to feud with Batista bein out of the picture for the most part.

4. Survivor Series will be the spot where Jericho and Edge meet one and one to conclude the feud. They can meet at the Raw only PPV where Edge will win. Probably a No DQ match or cage match. But at Survivor Series Jericho will eventually win the belt.

MVP
08-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Edge was gonna retain the title by cheating solidifyin a sort of heel turn for him which will then elevate Jericho because it woulda shown that he coulda won if Edge would not have cheated.
That's what I figured as well, but it leaves Batista nowhere, and Jericho forced to feud in the midcard once again.

tucsonspeed6
08-12-2004, 06:08 PM
THe following post has spoilers. Don't read on if you haven't seen Raw yet.

If Edge is supposed to be turning heel, why is the WWE constantly having Jericho do heelish things? I can understand Jericho punching Edge when Edge tried to help him up, but then Jericho cheated to win on Raw last Monday. Very peculiar.

MVP
08-12-2004, 06:43 PM
If Edge is supposed to be turning heel, why is the WWE constantly having Jericho do heelish things? I can understand Jericho punching Edge when Edge tried to help him up, but then Jericho cheated to win on Raw last Monday. Very peculiar.Jericho is a heelish face, which is the only type of face that gets over with the fans. In meaningless matches, it makes no difference if the face cheats to win or not because the fans will still cheer for them anyway, which explains why the crowd still popped for Jericho's win. On a PPV match, it makes more sense for the face to get a clean win.