PDA

View Full Version : My Warped Tour Experience (Huge Read)

Penner
08-15-2004, 12:58 AM
Amazing.

First I had to wait in line for like a couple hours. People were throwing water bottles and shit. A guy threw a timbit in the air and I yelled "timbit!" and my friend caught it and threw it back in the guys face. Moment of the day right there. We finally got in, I remembered I had a pocketknife on my key chain. I hid it and luckily they didn't find it. I wouldn't want them to take it or anything.

Anyways, we went around for a bit looking for merch and shit. We stopped off at the Alexisonfire tent and Dallas was selling merch :love::love::love: I bought a t-shirt and I got him to sign something for me. Huge crowd for them btw.

Yellowcard was one of the first bands up so I went to see them. Pretty good show. Pretty much what I was expecting from them. For some reason they stopped in the middle of their set and the guy who runs the warped tour said they were going to go on for an hour instead of half an hour. Pushed back all the time slots, but still pretty cool. I heard a lot of their good songs.

We rested a bit and then we say Billy Talent. I had already seen both these bands, so the Billy Talent set was pretty familiar. Nothing huge there. They played a pretty good set. Not as many songs as their actual concert but that was expected.

We walked around because we had some time to waste. I bought a New Found Glory Shirt and a Taking Back Sunday shirt :love:

I caught most of Story Of The Year set. I didn't get to see them play Until The Day I Die because I left early to get a good spot for Alexisonfire :love:.

Alexisonfire was pretty awesome, but it was a REALLY short set. It sucked, they should've played more songs. Dallas is frickin awesome :love: Anyways, like in the middle of their set they told them to have like a merry go round moshpit around this tent. An accident waiting to happen. A guy got hurt and I think that's why they cut their set short. One of the guys I was with climbed a telephone pole to see them. My friend got a pic of it. Pretty funny shit.

Anyways me and my friend wanted to catch a bit of New Found Glory so we ran over there. We only heard them play My Friends Over You and All Downhill From Here, but that's all right. Pretty good for what we saw.

Next my friends wanted to see Silverstein so we went over to a smaller stage. They were really good. Awesome screaming and shit. We left halfway through because we wanted to catch part of Coheed and Cambria. We missed In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3 :mad: But we got to see some decent songs by them. Another short set. That guy's voice is MAD HIGH.

Next a lot of the guys that I was with were in love with this band called Underoath, so we went back to the stage that Silverstein was playing on. By this time Boys Night Out were finishing up. Pretty good for what I heard. Anyways Underoath came on and it was fucking crazy. They are really good. Seriously, check them out. They are fucking awesome.

After that we saw Taking Back Sunday. They were pretty good. They played some old and new songs. They played You're So Last Summer :love:. They played a pretty good set. My friend got like owned by the moshpit.

All in all, a very successful day. Seriously that was one of the most awesomest things I've ever experienced.

FakeLaser
08-15-2004, 01:31 AM
Yeah, Underoath is good. Sounds like you had as good a time as I did.

OssMan
08-15-2004, 01:53 AM
At the Warped Tour in Virginia Beach, all of Coheed and Cambria were sick except for Claudio, so he did a bunch of songs solo.

Poet
08-15-2004, 01:53 AM
Billy Talent put on a great fucking show.
The mosh and everything was fucking dope.

Alexisonfire had a short set.
And it was cool how they said to do a circle mosh around the west 49 tent.

Taking back sunday, The lead singer gave me a high five for helping him get out of the crowd after he was crowd surfing. I was so fucking close. Not bad set, no mosh, just surfing.

deathtrap
08-15-2004, 04:04 AM
I thought it seemed pretty weak.

Glad you had a good time

Triple A
08-15-2004, 04:35 AM
I saw the following bands when I went last week:

2:10 - Motion City Soundtrack
3:00 - New Found Glory
4:00 - Coheed and Cambria
4:30 - Taking Back Sunday
5:00 - The Vandals :love:
6:00 - Thursday
6:30 - Story of the Year

Then we left cause we were all tired and there was fucking dirt and dust everywhere.

Would have seen:

7:00 - Bad Religion
7:30 - NOFX
8:00 - Yellowcard

Also missed Matchbook Romance, Silverstein, and Boys Night Out because they were playing while a better band was playing. Also, My Chemical Romance, Alkaline Trio, and Fall Out Boy all weren't at our show. :mad:

MoRcHeEbA
08-15-2004, 04:49 AM
12:30 - Go Betty Go
1:00 - The Early November
1:30 - Hidden in Plain view
2:00 - Taking Back Sunday
2:45 - My Chemical Romance (only played three songs then their power on their stage went out :mad: :mad: :mad: )
3:30 - Alkaline Trio
4:00 - started watching Yellowcard but they got boring so I went and met MCR and got there autographs
4:30 - Anti - Flag
5:00 - The Vandals
5:30 - Flogging Molly
6:15 - The Fuck-Ups
7:00 - Story of the year
7:30 - New Found Glory
8:00 - Thursday (was on stage for them :love: )
8:30 - NOFX ( on stage for them too :love: )
9:00 - Bad Religion ( I was on stage for them for like 2 songs, but I was super tired so I left )

MoRcHeEbA
08-15-2004, 04:50 AM
oh yeah, I watched some of coheed and cambrias set, but they're mics were fucked up and they kept cutting in and out so I went wondering.

Penner
08-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Yeah My Chemical Romance or Alkaline Trio weren't at my show :mad:

Evil Vito
08-15-2004, 01:10 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Sounded like an awesome show, glad you had a good time.</font>

Outsider
08-15-2004, 08:58 PM
You lucky fucking bastards. I wanna go to the warped tour but it DOESN'T FUCKING GO TO ENGLAND :mad:

Supreme Olajuwon
08-17-2004, 03:23 AM
I went today and it was sp cool. We got there at like 12:30 and right as soon as we walked in we saw Bayside playing so went up there and they were really good. Then conviently Fall Out Boy was playing on the stage right next to them and they started as soon as Bayside ended. Fall Out Boy put on the performance of the day which kinda sucked because they were only the second band we saw.

We went to Allister next and they were pretty cool. The stage they were at kinda sucked because there were seats all around it so there was only a small pit but they put on a good show.

We left their set early for the Vandals. Holy shit they rule live. Warren is insane. He ran up the rail on the steps near the stage and then started sliding the guitar up and down his crotch. Great stuff.

We caught some of Billy Talent. And by some I mean one song. Oh well

We waited around for the Sugarcult set and then they played and they were terrible so we wondered around for a bit

Then we went to the two side by side stages again and saw Dynamite Boy followed by Story of the Year. Both of them we were really good. Some guy got his face split open in the pit which was really funny looking.

We caught a little bit of Coheed and Cambria but we couldnt see anything or hear much so we left.

We missed the Bouncing Souls and I was pissed because they were one of the bands I wanted to see most buts its cool because we got a good spot for Yellowcard who tore shit up. They were great. They played October Nights too :love:

Up next was Taking Back Sunday. They started before we got there and their crowd was huge so we were way in back. I was kinda dissapointed by their set. I dunno they just didn't seem that exciting. We then went to Flogging Molly who put on a good live show.

There was nothing I wanted to see at 7:00 so sure enough, we walked over to the Good Charlotte set. To be honest, they were pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of theirs but I actually enjoyed their performance.

We then had the toughest decision of the night to make which was either go to Bad Religion or Alexisonfire. We chose Alexisonfire so we headed over there. They were good. Their lead singer started talking about how when you were a kid and you were jumping on the bed and your mom would tell you to stop before you got hurt and then you were like "Fuck you mom you dont know shit about me" and then you got hurt and your mom said I told you so but it was cool because you pushed yourself to the LIMIT. The crowd was kinda like WTF are you talking about. They had a good set though.

As we were walking out we stopped and listened to Number One Fan for a bit. They were pretty sweet.

On a side note I HATE CROWDSURFERS. They are so fucking annoying. I got kicked so many times and some people got hurt because of those dipshits.

Blackout
08-19-2004, 06:07 PM
Yeah, Bad Religion kicked ass at the Vegas show. I couldn't hear after their set, and got like 3 crowdsurfers dropped right on top of me, but they were my favorite all day. NFG was good but I spent most of their set looking for my girlfriend who went to get water, almost blacked out and me and her friend proceeded to lose her by accident. My girlfriend's friend actually got to talk to Claudio from C&C, and the three of us got yelled at by a guy from the River City Rebels for sitting in front of their booth/the booth next to them.