PDA

View Full Version : Summerslam Predictions

Thriller
08-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Well wrestling fans with nearly just under 12 hours before the summer spectacular that is Summerslam(yes im awake at 8 AM)I thought id throw in my predictions for what looks to be a top notch card top to bottom.For the first time in a long time WWE has kept me guessing on what might happen.Most matches are hard to call so because of many different elements.So hear are my predictions for tonights event.

Six Man Tag

Mysterio/Kidman/London Vs The Dudleyz

This match would be a solid opener to get the crowd up on there feet from the get go.I for one im excited about this match and to see some cruiserweights steal the show.Of course the Dudleyz will dominate for the most part but look for some innovative team work my Rey Rey and the Shooting Stars.My heart is telling me to go with the Dudleys but i predict we see an "upset"

Prediction :Rey/Kidman/London

John Cena vs Booker T Match 1 of the Best of 5

This match should be good.It will be intresting to see if Booker and Cena can keep things intresting for 5 matches so this match will be important as it will set the bar.John Cena has bee built as the underdog so often but yet always seems to rally back.This series will be no different.I see The Book taking a 2 match lead which leads to Cena having his back against a wall so with that being said

Prediction: Booker T

Triple H vs Eugene

I know what you are all thinking.HHH will win because hes a giant asshole who doesnt care about the company.Well i think The Game is taking giant strides in becoming a shell of his former self.With rumors running rampant that Eugene/HHH will continue past SS .I think Eugene will walk away victorious.Correction he will win but HHH will destroy him afterwards.You guys are thinging what the hell am i smoking.Think about it how classic would it be if Orton walked out of Toronto as champ and HHH gets beat by Eugene.Cant you just see Orton rubbing it in?

Prediction :Eugene

Till Death Do Us Part Match
Matt Hardy vs Kane

This match is one im NOT looking forward to.As huge of a fan as i am of Hardys you know hes getting destroyed.A couple intresting points to this match is will we see HBK return?Will Lita turn on Matt?Now we all know that Matt needs surgery and will be out 6-8 months.So that should mean Kane will win.But with the possible return of HBK.Its possible that Hardy wins again takes Lita away for his 6-8 months(coincedentally the same amount of time as Lita was left to being pregnant)And when he come back with Jeff we all forget this HORRID STORYLINe ever took place.AHHHHHHHHHHH who am i kidding WWE aint that smart

Prediction:Kane

IC title 3 way

Edge vs Y2J vs Batista

This match will be good one.3 very explosive elements.With Batista being double teamed early leaving Jericho/Edge to duke it out.I believe tonight will be the night Edge does his long overdue heel turn.How bittersweet would it be to see him turn heel in his home down.I for one would love to see Christian intervene in the match.Only to be stopped by Edge.But after the match we see an E & C REUNION and a conchairto to boot.

Prediction: Edge

Guerrero vs Angle

The long awaited rematch from WM 20.If this was anything like the original this match will be one of the possible 2 MOTY canidates on the card.I really dont know who will win this one.So im gonna go out on the limb and say .....

Predictions: Angle

WWE Championship

Taker vs JBL

Now this match has been built up pretty well i must say.Now i know im gonna get ripped for this one but i really hope JBL takes the win.Everyone says the belt is losing credability around JBL'S waist.But how will Taker winning the belt a month later and defending it against the likes of Heindinrich gonna change that.I think JBL IS DOING ALOT Better as champ than any body expected.So with help from the "debuting" Heindrich

Prediction: JBL retains
World title

Orton Vs Benoit

Now i saved the best for last.I will be on the edge of my seat for this entire match and will be happy no matter who walks out as champ.Many people think Orton is to young to be the champ but i think it will be intresting if he wins how he carries the ball.Will he run with it or will he choke under pressure.Benoit has held the belt for 5 months which is longer than the average non HHH title reigns.If Benoit retains who could they put up against him next?.Orton has got a few potenial oppenents and with the possible face turn down the road opens up a few more doors ...ORTON,BENOIT,ORTON BENOIT so hard to decide .Im gonna have to go with Benoit just because the match is in Canada

Prediction: Benoit

Those ar my predictions. Ihope to have some responses.And i cant wait to watch this card live tonight at the ACC.

Shaggy
08-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Well I just woke up so Im not gonna right a very long prediction for each one. But I will just state who I think will win and add a small reason why.

Six Man Tag Match
Winner: Dudleys (just because there the Dudleys and I dont see those three beating them.)

John Cena Vs Booker T Best of Five
Winner: Booker T (It doesnt really matter because after this match you that they are gonna stretch it for four more matches)

Triple H Vs Eugene
Winner: Triple H (I think HHH will win it but they might let Eugene walk away. It all depends I guess on how they choose to end this one.)

Till Death Do Us Part
Hardy Vs Kane
Winner: Kane (There have been two rumors going around. 1 that HBK will return and help Matt win and 2 that Lita will turn on Matt. Im gonna go with the Lita turn as my heads up and go ahead and vote for Kane. )

IC Title 3 Way
Jericho Vs Batista Vs Edge
Winner: Batista (I think this match will be great and Batista is just the odd man out. But something is telling me that at the end we might have a new champ. I want Jericho to win but something tells me no one will be expecting Batista.)

Guerrero Vs Angle
Winner: Angle (Guerrero winning was something that crossed my mind but Angle needs this one so the vote goes to him)

WWE Championship
Taker Vs JBL
Winner: JBL (I do think Taker will win the title but I dont think it will be at this event. Maybe the next one but I dont see them putting it on him this soon)

WWE Heavyweight Belt
Beniot vs Orton
Winner: Orton (I will go with Orton and not because Im a huge Orton fan but because I think everyone sees that WWE is making there way to using him more and this might be his chance. Besides Beniot has had the title for to long already)

MVP
08-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Too bad Tipster's League wasn't still going on. :(

Six Man Tag
Winner: The Dudleyz, Spike wins with a dusty finish on Rey.

Winner: John Cena via pinfall

Triple H vs Eugene
Winner: Triple H via sledgehammer, pedigree, pinfall

Matt Hardy vs Kane
Winner: Kane via Lita heel turn

IC title 3 way
Edge vs Y2J vs Batista
Winner: Edge after cheating to beat Jericho

Guerrero vs Angle
Winner: Eddie via pinfall

WWE Championship
Taker vs JBL
Winner: Taker via pinfall

World Heavyweight Championship
Orton Vs Benoit
Winner: Orton via pinfall

Sephiroth
08-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Six Man Tag
Winner: Mysterio/Kidman/London via pinfall

Winner: John Cena via pinfall

Triple H vs Eugene
Winner: Eugene via pinfall

Matt Hardy vs Kane
Winner: Matt Hardy via pinfall

IC title 3 way
Edge vs Y2J vs Batista
Winner: Y2J via pinfall. :shifty:

Guerrero vs Angle
Winner: Eddie via pinfall

WWE Championship
Taker vs JBL
Winner: Taker via pinfall

Orton Vs Benoit
Winner: Chris Benoit via Submission/Crossface

LK
08-15-2004, 04:27 PM
Six Man Tag
Winner: The Dudleyz via Spike pinning Rey

Winner: Booker T via pin

Triple H vs Eugene
Winner: HHH via pin

Matt Hardy vs Kane
Winner: Kane via Lita heel turn

IC title 3 way
Edge vs Y2J vs Batista
Winner: Edge via pin

Guerrero vs Angle
Winner: Angle via Ankle Lock

WWE Championship
Taker vs JBL
Winner: Taker via DQ

Orton Vs Benoit
Winner: Chris Benoit via Crossface

loopydate
08-15-2004, 04:31 PM
The official loopydate prediction post.

Predictions not valid in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa--ah, you get the idea.

Intercontinental Title Match

Jericho hits the Lionsault on Batista, but is shoved to the floor by Edge, who steals the win.

United States Title Series - Match One

Booker T gets a disqualification victory after the referee catches Cena with the belt (which he prevented Booker from using as a weapon).

Lita accidentally trips Matt (thinking he's Kane), leading to Matt eating a chokeslam and losing the match.

Six-Man Tag Team Match

Rey gets a surprise victory over Bubba Ray with the West Coast Pop.

Diva Dodgeball

Who gives a shit?

WWE Title Match

JBL, with some help from either OJ or Heidenreich, will get the cheap win.

Triple H vs. Eugene

After William Regal breaks up Evolution interference following a ref bump, Eugene Pedigrees Hunter for the win.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle

Match of the night, easy. Eddie gets caught in the Ankle Lock, but rolls through it into a pinning combination (maybe with tights?) for the three-count. Afterwards, Angle snaps, and beats the living hell out of Eddie.

World Title Match

RKO! RKO! RKO!

Fox
08-15-2004, 04:34 PM
WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
The Undertaker vs. JBL
-UT, ending JBL's un-Godly title reign

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Chris Benoit vs. Randy Orton
-Orton wins by some kind of botched finish

Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero
-Angle gets revenge from WM XX

Triple H vs. Eugene
-Who gives a shit? Let's say... Triple H.

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Chris Jericho vs. Batista vs. Edge
-Edge retains over Batista, building towards a Jericho/Edge feud

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Booker T vs. John Cena
-Interesting concept. Should be fun to watch. The Bookerman gets the first win, and probably not cleanly.

Them Damn Dudleyz vs. Rey Mysterio/Kidman/London
-Too bad the Dudleyz aren't heel cruiserweights, that match would've been a lot more fun to see. Rey Rey gets vengeance by pinning Spike.

Matt Hardy vs. Kane
-Hardy wins thanks to HBK's help, Lita turns heel during the wedding

juanker
08-15-2004, 05:04 PM
WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
The Undertaker vs. JBL
JBL, JBL, JBL Via CLOTHESLINE STRAIGHT FROM THE MIDDLE OF HELL!!

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Chris Benoit vs. Randy Orton
Orton Via RKO Wiyh No Interfierence From Evolution

Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero
Angle Cuz Eddie Sucks So Hard

Triple H vs. Eugene
Eugene Cuz Evolution Is Splitting & I Think Orton Rubbing In HHH Loss Will Start It

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Chris Jericho vs. Batista vs. Edge
Batista Will Win & Then Edge Will Turn Heel By HEINOUSLY Attacking Y2J

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Booker T vs. John Cena
Don't Care...Lets Say Booker T

Dudleyz vs. Rey Mysterio/Kidman/London
London With 450 On D'Von

Matt Hardy vs. Kane
Kane Cuz Matt Needs Knee Surgery So Expect Him To Be Destroyed

Diva Dodgeball
Hopefully Everyone Gets Maimed or Catches Anthrax

RGWhat316
08-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Six Man Tag
Winner: Dudleyz, with Spike's heel turn, they are on a roll

Winner: I would rather see Cena, but Booker by cheating

Triple H vs Eugene
Winner: Kind of split here. Eugene maybe, but HHH will destroy him afterwards

Matt Hardy vs Kane
Winner: Kane will squash Matt. Lita is the top women's face, so I think she should stay that way and not turn heel.

IC title 3 way
Edge vs Y2J vs Batista
Winner: Pending on how Edge's character goes, I'm going with Batista on this one. Edge can either be a warrior and win after getting beat down on Monday or he will turn heel and lose the title.

Guerrero vs Angle
Winner: Angle usually wins the first time he's back on ppv, plus his WM revenge here. But I definitely expect something after the match.

WWE Championship
Taker vs JBL
Winner: Going with JBL. Though I did take a sign to SD saying JBL was gonna lose. I expect JBL to win with outside interference, which could also be a DQ finish.

Orton Vs Benoit
Winner: I see Benoit's title reign ending soon, but not tonight. I like the idea of Orton turning face and facing an uphill battle. So even though I would rather see Orton win, Benoit will retain.