PDA

View Full Version : If Owen were still alive today.....

Gertner
08-15-2004, 02:06 PM
How do you think he'd figure into today's WWE? Would he have been the WWE champ by now?, or relegated to mid card status.

My friend brought his name up and I wondered how Owen would fit into today?

Evolution
08-15-2004, 02:13 PM
Owen struck me as the kind of guy to not quite get there for ages. I think he would have been part of Right To Censor, feuded with people like Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit and Eddie Guererro (just think about that), probably would have joined The Alliance because of what Vince did to Bret before he left for WCW, maybe brought back the Blue Blazer gimmick for a feud with the Hurricane, and defeated Eddie Guererro for the WWE title instead of JBL.

Thats what I think anyway.

Kane Knight
08-15-2004, 02:17 PM
If he were alive today, Ric Flair's career would be in the toilet (with nothing to milk for really sheap heat).

Evil Vito
08-15-2004, 02:18 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Honestly I think he'd be retired by this point if he were still alive. If not, then who knows, maybe he would've been the one winning the World Heavyweight Title instead of Chris Benoit.</font>

I-Hate-You
08-15-2004, 02:19 PM
I think he would have been released from the WWE.

Rob
08-15-2004, 02:27 PM
I think he would have been released from the WWE.

Shows how little you know.

James Steele
08-15-2004, 02:42 PM
He'd probably be main eventing, but he might have gone to WCW. You never know because he was not happy with the direction he was going in the WWF at the time, IIRC. I saw his A&E Biography and his wife was talking about how they wanted him to do an an angle where he would sleep with Debra to start a JJ/Owen feud, but he refused and they put him in the Blue Blazer gimmick.

I-Hate-You
08-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Shows how little you know.
Actually, I know alot, thank you very much.

AareDub
08-15-2004, 02:55 PM
I was actually thinking about the same thing the other day. I have the feeling he would've had several good feuds with Chris Jericho. In fact I could see the whole Jericho/Christian feud recently with Owen in Christian's place, dating all the way back to when they were common allies against Sheriff Austin.

They probably would've given him the title once, but not for a very long time. After Orton wins the title, Owen would probably be the type of person who gets a shot at it, but only on Raw instead of a ppv.

AareDub
08-15-2004, 02:56 PM
He'd probably be main eventing, but he might have gone to WCW. You never know because he was not happy with the direction he was going in the WWF at the time, IIRC. I saw his A&E Biography and his wife was talking about how they wanted him to do an an angle where he would sleep with Debra to start a JJ/Owen feud, but he refused and they put him in the Blue Blazer gimmick.

Yea, my first thought was that he would've been in WCW before the buyout thing. They would've brought him back over and kept him around because of who he was, not because they wanted to use him.

James Steele
08-15-2004, 03:00 PM
But, if you look at it. Owen's death radically changed wrestling. Sting quit doing his crazy entrances, so who knows what would have happened to him, would Jarrett/Russo have gone to WCW? Would Bret be back in the WWE because of Owen?

Its a real tragedy that changed wrestling. I don't think we could fully understand where wrestling would be today without the passing of Owen Hart.

Rob
08-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Actually, I know alot, thank you very much.

Oh do you? So when did Vince McMahon ever release anyone with world class talent who didn't have drug problems?

Loose Cannon
08-15-2004, 03:10 PM
yeah, seriously. Owen would have never been released. He may have left and went else where, but relased? I don't think so. If the WWE still have guys like Holly, Gunn and Henry still roaming around, what makes you think they would have realsed Owen, who had more talent in one finger then those three combined. Well that's a little harsh, but still.

James Steele
08-15-2004, 03:14 PM
It may be harsh, but its true.

Rob
08-15-2004, 03:34 PM
With the way they "pushed" Angle, Jericho, Benoit and Guerrero, and the way they like pushing people who have been with the company the longest, I really believe he would have been world champ.

LK
08-15-2004, 04:07 PM
I think Owen would have retired by now. I am not sure if he would have ver become champion. He had the talent but I just am not sure. Then again I never thought Eddie would win the title. If he hadn't died and was still wrestling I think he would be in the upper mid card and possibly Bret would have been back in the WWE.

I severly doubt the WWE would have ever released Owen.

juanker
08-15-2004, 05:13 PM
I Hate To Sound Like An Ass But If Owen Hadn't Died I Don't Think We Would Be Talking About Him. People Only Realised How Great He Was Until That Tragic Night Happened.

I Think He Would Be Stuck In Mid-Card Hell With Y2J As An Under Used Talent.

Gerard
08-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Well it was said he saved a lot of money so he could retire early, probably would have retired by now.

AareDub
08-15-2004, 05:48 PM
I Hate To Sound Like An Ass But If Owen Hadn't Died I Don't Think We Would Be Talking About Him. People Only Realised How Great He Was Until That Tragic Night Happened.

Why Do You Capitalize Every Word? :|

Gone Mad
08-15-2004, 06:08 PM
I agree with what most of the people here said. There would be no way in hell he would be released, then Vince would have to release anyone with talent on his roster. He would have probably left on his own for the reason of the horrible storylines because basically he was against storylines like the one with Debra he was meant to do.

And also I would have seen him a World Champ at the time Jericho was Undisputed or maybe before, because when compared to Eddie and Benoit on getting the title late, Owen was in the company longer than Benoit and Eddie were. Especially since by now, Owen would be around HBK's age and just as long in the company without leaving. So maybe he would already be in his third or fourth reign as Champ and possibly near retirement.

Tiken
08-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Oh do you? So when did Vince McMahon ever release anyone with world class talent who didn't have drug problems?

Bret Hart.....

50 cent
08-15-2004, 07:25 PM
so is any one here that can ban a boy that is spaming aaredub

AareDub
08-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Bret Hart.....

Bret screwed Bret :shifty:

Disturbed316
08-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Bret Hart.....

Vince didn't release Bret, he left.

I-Hate-You
08-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Sean O'Haire

FourFifty
08-15-2004, 08:31 PM

<font color=cyan>Three things.
First off, fuck you.
Second off, kill the caps because it makes you look like you don't know how to type.
Lastly, Owen had many fans before that night. I was a huge Owen Hart mark. He wasn't the best with the mic, but then again no one is ever born the best. He could have improved. His in ring style was awesome. Not really one of a kind, but once again that's something that could change with time.

I think he'd be one of the top men in the company by now. He was a well rounded wrestler and could work singles or tag with ease.

Batsu
08-15-2004, 08:49 PM
I agree Owen probably might have been in RTC if WWE took the exact same path had he not passed.

He might have also gone to WCW on his own accord; I doubt Vince would have released him. If he did go to WCW, Vince would bring him back aboard...

...it's hard to tell what kind of pushes he might have had, but I'd guess he might get a WWE World Title run.

Dorkchop
08-15-2004, 09:25 PM
He probably would have had a title run by now. He wouldn't have been released. I think he'd still be wrestling today. I'm not too sure though, because no one really knows.

Wow, this post was kind of pointless.

Anybody Thrilla
08-16-2004, 04:39 AM

If he would've done the Debra angle, he probably would've never had to do any zip cord stunts. His morals were his downfall.

Rob
08-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Yeah you deserve to die for having morals and set of balls.

Anybody Thrilla
08-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Yeah you deserve to die for having morals and set of balls.

No, no, you got me all wrong. I never said he deserved to die, and I'm crushed that you would think that was my intention at all. I was just pointing out the irony in it. He was a great person, it just sucks things had to happen how they did.