PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Should HHH form a New Stable.

Loose Cannon
08-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Heyman is banned and we need one of these up, so I'm taking it for today.

Should HHH form a new Stable: Massive Heel/Face Switches

Okay, Orton won the Title last night from Benoit and then shook his hand after the match was over. That screams face turn all over it. We know Orton will be a huge face real soon as HHH will probably turn on him.

Batista has been getting pops from the crowd over the past couple of months and the crowd seems to be getting into him more and more as the weeks go by. He's 30 something and he's into the ladder part of his career. I think a babyface turn w/ Orton is just what he needs.

Flair gets cheers no matter what. Question is, do you have Flair go babyface too and go with Orton/Batista. I think it would be a great move because of what I'm about to present to you next.

HHH's New Stable

Okay, we all know HHH is going to stay in the main event position until he retires so before you say, "Why does it have to be HHH's stable?" It's always going to be his stable. HHH will start getting pissed at Orton is the next couple of weeks. HHH will be jelous that Orton beat the man he couldn't beat for months. HHH will want his Title which will lead to Orton getting the boot and turning babyface like I said.

Enter Edge and Xtian. Edge is going to turn heel soon as the fans are turning on him every chance they get. Now, what should they do with Edge after he loses the Title. I say put him with Xtian as soon as he comes back and allign both of them with HHH. This would be great for the tag division right now. Now I know Xtian was starting to get a great push and was really starting to come into his own before he left, but I really don't see the spot he once had right now w/ guys like Eugene, Edge, Batista and others in there. Alligning them w/ HHH would give both of them something to do in which they are both real good at.

Enter Chris Benoit: Here is the big one. That handshake by Benoit last night got me thinking, what if Benoit turns on Orton and joins HHH. Major swerve right there. Let's face it, Benoit is finished or at least finished for now as a main eventer. The WWE is just going to send him back down the cards in a few months. I say let BENOIT work a program with Orton for the next couple of months before the Orton/HHH feud and let Orton and Benoit become freinds much to HHH's disgust. Then down the line when HHH turns on Orton, you put Orton/Benoit vs HHH/? in a tag match and Benoit turns on Orton. Then you let Benoit go after the I.C. Title again.

I mentioned what to do w/ Flair up there before. Well Benoit taking out Flair as well would really give him heat. And maybe HHH can help him. Let's say they both turn on Flair and injure him and Flair goes off with Orton/Batista

What's this mean: Well it means what people on here, including me, seem to love: STABLE WAR. Orton/Batista/Flair/ ?/ ? vs HHH/Benoit/Edge/Xtian. I for one would like to see this as I think this would get a lot of interest. Benoit can go back to being the "Hired Assassin" that he has played a couple of times before. And Edge and Christian can go back to being the great heels they were once before. You need a couple of more guys in Orton's group though, a tag team would be nice.

Well, that's my discussion. Tell me your thoughts.

AareDub
08-16-2004, 01:57 PM
The only problem I see with this, is that it doesn't lead to much in terms of new matchups. With HHH leading Evolution he usually didn't end up in the main event on Raw. It was usually Batista, Orton, and sometimes Flair vs Benoit, Edge, and sometimes Jericho.

With these new stables it would be Benoit, Edge, and sometimes Xtian vs Orton, Batista, and sometimes Jericho. Sure, every now and then HHH would be in the mix, as would Eugene and maybe Regal or Flair. With Monday Night Football back on the air, and the regular season starting soon, they really need to give us something that we haven't seen for the last several months.

Loose Cannon
08-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Orton/HHH

Edge/Xtian vs Two tag guys that go with Orton. Maybe Jericho/HBK? Man, that would rule if HBK was involved in this too.

Batista w/ Flair vs. Benoit. (IC Title) Benoit could get some great matches out of him. And you can throw someone else like Benjamin in there to feud with both of them.

Hired Hitman
08-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Hired Assassin's are always good :cool:

:shifty:

Loose Cannon
08-16-2004, 02:08 PM
And keep in mind this wouldn't happen for a while. Orton will probably still work a program with Benoit before HHH. You would have to wait until HHH fully turns on Orton, which I don't think will be until Survivor Series.

AareDub
08-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Orton/HHH

Edge/Xtian vs Two tag guys that go with Orton. Maybe Jericho/HBK? Man, that would rule if HBK was involved in this too.

Batista w/ Flair vs. Benoit. (IC Title) Benoit could get some great matches out of him. And you can throw someone else like Benjamin in there to feud with both of them.

Oooh, I forgot about Benjamin. Here's how I would set up the new stables..

HHH
Jericho (see my face/heel thread)
Edge
Xtian
Batista

Orton
Benoit
Benjamin
Regal
Eugene

That sets up possibilities for HHH/Orton, Jericho/Orton, Jericho/Benoit, Jericho/Benjamin, etc. Some pretty hot matches right thurr. Regal and Eugene can team up against Edge and Xtian, that will help get Edge over as a heel. Eventually Regal and Eugene will fade out of the main picture, as will HHH (movie thing).

tucsonspeed6
08-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Edge/Xtian would be a step backwards. We've all already seen them work as a tag team, and we've seen them work seperately in other tag teams as well. While Edge had his shot at getting the main event, he kinda lost that and I think the upper midcard slot is best for him. Christian on the other hand is moving upwards and it'd be a damn shame if we took him away from a leadership role in one stable into a lackey role on another.

My personal favorite end to Evolution is to have them slowly disolve. Begin with HHH v. Orton while the other two are still on HHH's side. (HHH is the Cerebral Assassin after all. I'm sure he could convince them that Orton stabbed them in the backs somehow too.) Eventually, however, they begin fighting with one another and as a final blow to the ego of their stable, a new stable mops the floor with them one night. THen they all move on to singles action.

Loose Cannon
08-16-2004, 02:19 PM
HMMMM, Regal/Eugene I don't mind in Orton's group, but there's a HUGE problem. Eugene is getting boooed out of the building everywhere, even on house shows. Do you really want to keep him babyface? I say let Regal and Eugene have there own feud. Maybe Eugene can Allign with HHH if he wants.

With Batista, I'd really have him go with Orton. Those two come off as pals on TV and they work well together. I'd do an angle where say Benoit and Trips or whomever are beating on Orton. HHH tells Batista to join in and Batista HELPS OUT ORTON by attacking HHH. I see a huge Pop from the crowd with that.

Loose Cannon
08-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Edge/Xtian would be a step backwards. We've all already seen them work as a tag team, and we've seen them work seperately in other tag teams as well. While Edge had his shot at getting the main event, he kinda lost that and I think the upper midcard slot is best for him. Christian on the other hand is moving upwards and it'd be a damn shame if we took him away from a leadership role in one stable into a lackey role on another.

"Christian on the other hand IS moving upwards" WAS moving upwards. The injury really hurt him. When he comes back look what has happened. Orton/Edge/Batista/Benjamin/Eugene/ are in those upper mid card spots now where Xtian was. It's going to be hard for him to get back his momentum. He doesn't even have to to tag with Edge, he can just be alligned with him.

AareDub
08-16-2004, 02:27 PM
I haven't noticed any booing for Eugene, other than last night. Though admittedly I haven't been paying a lot of attention to Raw in the last few weeks. Is he really getting a bad reaction everywhere? If that's the case, I don't think the solution is to turn him heel, I think its time to go back to the drawing board with Nick Dinsmore.

I think the thing to do with Batista is to have him play the confused tweener for a bit. He still wants to help out his pal Orton, but HHH is telling him all the time that Orton is a back stabber, a sell out, or whatever. Eventually it comes to the point where HHH has Orton all beaten and bloodied in the ring, and Batista runs down. People assume he's had enough of HHH and he's coming down to help out his buddy, but of course, he solidifies his position with HHH and joins in the beating. That would get him over HUGE as a heel. He'd be turning on his friend, and one of the top faces in the company at that point.

AareDub
08-16-2004, 02:30 PM
"Christian on the other hand IS moving upwards" WAS moving upwards. The injury really hurt him. When he comes back look what has happened. Orton/Edge/Batista/Benjamin/Eugene/ are in those upper mid card spots now where Xtian was. It's going to be hard for him to get back his momentum. He doesn't even have to to tag with Edge, he can just be alligned with him.

Yea, Xtian needs something to elevate him in the cards pretty quick. Even if he were to come back now and attack Jericho again, he'd be bringing Jericho down the cards instead of moving himself up. If he doesn't do something major, he'll be lucky to be tagging with Tyson Tomko against The Hurricane and Rosey.

tucsonspeed6
08-16-2004, 02:46 PM

On the issue of Christian I'm quite confused about what they're going to do with him. If they weren't planning on him coming back to his stable they would have dissolved Tomko and Trish a month ago. Yet if they were serious about him at all they'd have kept him on TV just to cut promos and use his charisma as the group's leader. But there is one thing I am sure of: when he does come back, it'll be like he hasn't missed a step. He'll cut his return speech and have the crowd going nuts.

If he does just ALLIGN with Edge, I don't see any harm in that, but he still wouldn't need to be a lackey in Evolution part 2... neither of them would.

But about HHH's stable, I think Trips should run solo for a while. That way we won't think of him forever as a stable runner, hopping back and forth from one stable to another. If he continues to act the way he did with Eugene and Regal, being the cerebral assassin, he won't need the stable, and I think he (and we) would be better off without a second HHH run Evolution bogging everything down.

Gone Mad
08-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Well IMO I think Evolution should remain but without Orton. And Orton could have friends but not a stable. After all, he has screwed with alot of his opponents so they wouldn't be too sure about him.. yet.

Evo could look for a new member which could work for whoever fills that spot such as earlier-mentioned Xtian, since the last person in that spot left to become World Champ. And also it will lead to more possible fueds with Orton and his soon-to-be former stablemates. I don't see Benoit in a heel role..yet either but when it does happen, there will be some good matches ahead including one with Jericho.

Batsu
08-17-2004, 04:41 AM
Raw SPOILERS (highlight to read)

Well... look now. HHH already seems to have turned Evolution against Orton. What happens now? Can't be another HHH match...but I can see HHH using classic HHH tactics to keep screwing with Orton in his title defenses.