PDA

View Full Version : Who do you see as WWE's next crop of 'maineventers'?

jindrak
08-17-2004, 07:38 PM
I've noticed that every 5 years of so, the WWE typically has a NEW main event scene. These new maineventers are homegrown and developed from the WWE and can be seen as markers for a particular WWE/F era. To illustrate my point, I chose five WWE/F superstars from each definitive era's in the company.

In the mid-to-late 80's, the WWE/F maineventers included Hogan, Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant, and Piper (among others).

In the early-to-mid 90's the WWE/F maineventers included Hart, Michaels, Nash, British Bulldog, and Undertaker.

In the mid-to-late 90's the WWE/F maineventers included SCSA, Rock, Mankind, HHH, and Angle (late ME push, more so from 2000 forward).

Currently, from 2000-present day, who do you see as the new crop of main event talent?

IMO, Orton and Cena are the only new maineventers (notwithstanding Lesner) that the WWE has developed. JBL definitely deserves consideration, but fans aren't responding or buying into JBL as a 'legitimate' maineventer.

You could make the case for Benoit, but his main-event push is over. And besides, Benoit isn't a homegrown WWE maineventer. He was the old WCW champion, albeit under dire circumstances. In this regard, Guerrero deserves more consideration as more of homegrown WWE maineventer. Jericho was champion, but unfortunately for him, more people will remember Jericho for Ralphus than his undisputed title reign.

DISCUSS.

The Tool
08-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Christain has the charisma and wrestling skills to be a main eventer if pushed right. Problem is they may consider him too small, but HBK wasn't a big guy either.

The One
08-17-2004, 07:51 PM
I highly doubt more people will remember Ralphus then his Undisputed Title Victory...but on to your point...

The next 5 "home grown" Main Eventers are...

Randy Orton: Legend Killer to Living Legend
John Cena: You can't see him...in anything BUT the Main Event
Sylvain Grenier: La Resistance today - La Main Eventer tomorrow
Heidenreich: He's big, he wasn't WCW, it's Vince's wet dream come true.
Charlie Haas - World's Grestest Tag Team...no no no...World's Greatest Future.

Fryza
08-17-2004, 07:52 PM
Orton, Cena, Hunter, JBL.

Sadly, I'm not joking.

FakeLaser
08-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Jericho was champion, but unfortunately for him, more people will remember Jericho for Ralphus than his undisputed title reign.

DISCUSS.I highly doubt that.

Loose Cannon
08-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Matt Morgan will be a huge star soon. I hear great things about him all the time.

Funky Fly
08-17-2004, 08:49 PM
It certainly looked like Shelton Benjamin and Edge were heading in that direction until they each got injured. The jury is out on Benjamin, but I still think Edge is gonna get there eventually.

To a lesser extent, Christian could be in there.

Herb Masta
08-17-2004, 09:03 PM
heindenreich (going to be a huge star)
randy orton (derr hes the world champ)
john cena (hes gonna be world champ)
danny basham (the damaja the king)
christian (future legend)

AND IF HES BROUGHT BACK

Planet sean stasiak he was hilarious

Mister Sinister
08-17-2004, 09:24 PM
heindenreich (going to be a huge star)
randy orton (derr hes the world champ)
john cena (hes gonna be world champ)
danny basham (the damaja the king)
christian (future legend)

AND IF HES BROUGHT BACK

Planet sean stasiak he was hilarious

Honestly, would we really want a guy who wrestled with a boner at one time to be a main eventer?

Quick1
08-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Mordecai.....I wish.

LK
08-18-2004, 04:06 PM
The master of the RKO, the Legend Killer Rand Orton
The Doc of Thuganomics John Cena
The great Christian
Excellent wrestler Shelton Benjamin

BTW people will remember Jericho as the King of the World, the living legend, the ayatollah of rock and rolla, Y2J

Herb Masta
08-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Honestly, would we really want a guy who wrestled with a boner at one time to be a main eventer?

who wrestled with a boner

Innovator
08-18-2004, 04:25 PM
stasiak

Herb Masta
08-18-2004, 04:27 PM
LOL DID HE REALLY

MVP
08-18-2004, 04:46 PM
Cena, Edge, Orton, Eddie, Haas.

And maybe Rene Dupree to a lesser extent.

The CyNick
08-18-2004, 06:24 PM
If we do get 5 new main eventers in the next few years I would say obviously Cena is a great bet, Orton is already there, so I wont count him. Edge will get a shot at some point. I can see Dupree main eventing just because he's so young and he's home grown. Batsita will get MANY chances and Sly Grenier will probably get a shot as well. Outside shots for Christian, Haas and Benjamin.

Innovator
08-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Benjamin and Haas need more time by themselves, and Haas needs a gimmick

Tornado
08-18-2004, 07:09 PM
LOL DID HE REALLY
LOL OMG YES HE DID ROFLOL :rofl:

:shifty:

The Answer
08-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Orton
Cena
Edge
Christian
Matt Hardy(diamond in the rough)

Batsu
08-19-2004, 02:30 AM
no brainers: Orton, Cena
others: Edge (if they stop making him act like a Rhyno ripoff), Christian, Matt Hardy (hell, if JBL got to be champ...), Benjamin (? maybe, conditions apply), Haas (definitely), Dupree (?) ... a couple guys we haven't seen yet.

if Cena does not win the WWE title this year, it's Cid Word.

xey
08-19-2004, 03:46 PM
I can see..(not counting Triple H)..

Orton, Jericho (hopefully they'll do something with him), Cena (I don't like the guy personally, but a lot of people do), Dupree (I hope so much. I dunno why, but I like the guy.), and...RVD (wishful thinking)?

Just as long as there's a little bit of variety in the mix, I'm happy, really.

Dorkchop
08-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Christian will be there eventually. I might take the WWE some time for that one though. Haas, Dupree, Edge, Batista, and Benjamin could eventually get there.