PDA

View Full Version : Englund tells about Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash

Shaggy
08-18-2004, 10:41 PM
I posted earlier what it said on Bloody-disgusting.com what it said when the guy read the script treatment for the movie. Well for those wondering what the premise is of the movie this is what it is in the words of Roberts Englund (Freddy Krueger for those two people who dont know)

During an interview with Sci Fi.com Robert Englund was quoted as saying,
"The premise is that if Freddy gets his hand on the necronomicon, he can return to life, as an immortal superbeing to seek revenge on Jason. Meanwhile, Freddy has to posses sleeping kids to try to kill Jason, but Jason just annhilates them. The parents of Elm Street view this as Jason murdering kids, so they hire a few supernatural being hunters to kill Jason. They top the team with Ash, who needs the money to fund his trip to destroy the book of the dead. Freddy realises Ash has the necronomicon in his dreams, so he has to get into Ash's mind. So that interlocks the battle. Hope they finish soon, i'm looking foward to working with Bruce (Campbell) and Ken (Kirzinger)."

Joeleosis
08-18-2004, 11:09 PM
Oh brother.

Buzzkill
08-19-2004, 01:37 AM
LMAO YES

HeartBreakMan2k
08-19-2004, 01:39 AM
That sounds like the dumbest shit ever.

Downunder
08-19-2004, 02:35 AM
I had this convo in the lunch room today 100% of the people there thought this is the stupidest fucking thing they'd ever heard - a couple of them thought I was making it up.

And then we went on to how cool Dawn of the Dead was.

Boondock Saint
08-19-2004, 03:51 AM
Bring it on

RemyRed
08-19-2004, 04:15 AM
I'm still waiting for the highly anticipated Chucky vs. The Leprechaun to be filmed after Seed Of Chucky is finished (seriously)

KleptoKlown
08-19-2004, 12:46 PM
lmao sweet

and why bitch about the story? like any of the other movies in any 3 series had a deep story line. As long as people die with lots of blood and there is a few comedic 1 liners...this movie will accomplish all that it should. They're not going for an oscar winner here.

Innovator
08-19-2004, 01:07 PM
as long as Bruce and Freddy deliver the one liners, all is well

Buzzkill
08-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Just something about Ash kicking Jason's ass makes me hot.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-19-2004, 02:08 PM
So wait, Freddy would have to be holding the necronomicon when he's pulled out of Ash's dream... Why don't they just pull it out of the Vorhesse house?

And this movie will rock. Bruce Cambell can make any movie good.

deathtrap
08-19-2004, 02:19 PM
I'm still waiting for the highly anticipated Chucky vs. The Leprechaun to be filmed after Seed Of Chucky is finished (seriously)
I hope your joking.

Oh, and my thoughts still haven't changed on this- I'll probably still watch it though

Shaggy
08-19-2004, 03:04 PM
As long as Bruce Campbell is in it then it will get its share of fans. That is the one selling point of this movie. and even more than that is the hope that if this movie turns any kind of profit that they will finally let Raimi do his Evil Dead 4 that he has been wanting to. He said that he planned on doing it after Spiderman 3

Blue Demon
08-19-2004, 04:23 PM
one empticon sums it up: :wtf:

Herb Masta
08-19-2004, 04:59 PM
LOL id like to see

freddy vs jason vs ash vs SCOOBY DOO

and who the phuck is ash?

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2004, 05:18 PM
<font size=500>OH FUCK YES!</FONT>

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2004, 05:19 PM
LOL id like to see

freddy vs jason vs ash vs SCOOBY DOO

and who the phuck is ash?

For a stoner you sure are dumb. Go get high infront of Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and The Army of Darkness.

Herb Masta
08-19-2004, 05:23 PM
oh ash i just found out ash is from evil dead. cracky's cousin lee is a big fan

Boondock Saint
08-19-2004, 06:44 PM
This is perfect for Bruce.

Kane Knight
08-20-2004, 01:32 AM
Sounds mad cheesey.

Like this should be any surprise to anyone.

I do think it's funny that people are complaining about the fucked up plot here.

Let's break this down:

It has Ash.

Ash was in the Army of Darkness.

Army of Darkness was not the best written of plots, the most intellectually stimulating, or the best laid out.

So why do people seem to expect Shakespeare out of this shit?

Downunder
08-20-2004, 02:30 AM
Army Of Darkness was a bit shit really.

But this just goes to show that Hollywood can do a big turd on film release it and every moron within pissing distance will hand over his pocket money to see it.

Kalyx triaD
08-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Damn, it's a just gonna another fun versus film!!! "So why do people seem to expect Shakespeare out of this shit? " Indeed. Jesus Christ you people are severe. Just take it for what it is.

El Santo
08-22-2004, 08:41 PM
I agree. Once you get to the point where Jason is killing teenagers in outer space, then pretty much everything else is free game. And who doesn't want to see the great Axe vs. Steel Claws vs. Prosthetic Chainsaw fight scene? This is like our generation's answer to those cheesy 60's drive-thru movies.

YOUR Hero
08-22-2004, 09:04 PM
hahahaha, sweet Jesus.

I think I best finish writing some of my scripts. Looks like the pool is geting shallow.

Kalyx triaD
08-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Another script writer; show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Downunder
08-23-2004, 02:42 AM
Damn, it's a just gonna another fun versus film!!! "So why do people seem to expect Shakespeare out of this shit? " Indeed. Jesus Christ you people are severe. Just take it for what it is.a big turd on film

Frank Grimes Jnr
08-23-2004, 03:27 AM
Can't wait.
Haven't seen Bruce Campbell in a few years. Has he made anything in between?

DaveWadding
08-23-2004, 03:41 AM
BUBBA HO-TEP

Jerichoholic
08-23-2004, 04:57 AM
Yeah, if you like Bruce Campbell then it is your duty to see Bubba Ho-tep, because it's great.

deathtrap
08-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Can't wait.
Haven't seen Bruce Campbell in a few years. Has he made anything in between?
Spiderman 1 and 2.

deathtrap
08-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Oh, and I'm apathetic against this as the plot seems awful

Kalyx triaD
08-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Freddy vs Jason:

Freddy awakens Jason by pretending to be his mother to kill teens on Elm Street to stir the fear of his return which gives Freddy the power to manifest in the dreams of the teens he told Jason to kill.

Who needs plots and storyline when you got blood and rock music.

The Mackem
08-23-2004, 03:08 PM
I like Bruce Campbell so much that I don't care what the plot is. I sat through the Love Bug once.

Loose Cannon
08-23-2004, 03:16 PM
When they going to throw Pinhead in there. That dude will kick all there asses.

Shaggy
08-24-2004, 01:01 AM
When they going to throw Pinhead in there. That dude will kick all there asses.

There was talk for the longest time and it might be still going on about a Pinhead Vs Micheal Myers movie and that it would be called.....

Wait for it....Wait for it......

Helloween

Gonzo
08-24-2004, 01:27 AM
Freddy vs. Jason I can stand. It is going to be really stupid if they start pitting horror star vs. horror star again and again. Jesus, people in Hollywood need to learn to not be dumb. Pisses me off as much as it makes me mad when people cop shit from the Matrix.

Lara Emily
08-24-2004, 01:44 AM
Bruce can make it good but I still don't want to see it, not without Sam directing.

What should be done instead is Freddy vs Jason vs Jesus Christ.

Innovator
08-24-2004, 02:17 AM
Bruce Campbell vs. Steven Segal

the One Liner Showdown!

Shaved Monkey
08-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Bruce can make it good but I still don't want to see it, not without Sam directing.

What should be done instead is Freddy vs Jason vs Jesus Christ.

Only if its Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter.

SideburnZ
08-28-2004, 12:22 AM
I posted earlier what it said on Bloody-disgusting.com what it said when the guy read the script treatment for the movie. Well for those wondering what the premise is of the movie this is what it is in the words of Roberts Englund (Freddy Krueger for those two people who dont know)

During an interview with Sci Fi.com Robert Englund was quoted as saying,
"The premise is that if Freddy gets his hand on the necronomicon, he can return to life, as an immortal superbeing to seek revenge on Jason. Meanwhile, Freddy has to posses sleeping kids to try to kill Jason, but Jason just annhilates them. The parents of Elm Street view this as Jason murdering kids, so they hire a few supernatural being hunters to kill Jason. They top the team with Ash, who needs the money to fund his trip to destroy the book of the dead. Freddy realises Ash has the necronomicon in his dreams, so he has to get into Ash's mind. So that interlocks the battle. Hope they finish soon, i'm looking foward to working with Bruce (Campbell) and Ken (Kirzinger)."

Give me the link to that quote, that sounds like bullshit. I heard an entirely different premise elsewhere.

Ok, some problems. Why would Freddy use weak children to fight Jason?

Supernatural being hunters? That sounds ridiculously campy, even by FT13th/NOES/ED standards. But I'd give that a chance...

His trip to destroy the book? Trip where?

I dunno...Ash being thrown in could be great, but that premise sounds iffy.

SideburnZ
08-28-2004, 12:23 AM

Raimi will do ED4 eventually, no doubt. No matter what, Ronny is doing the FvsJ sequel, and judging by the first, it'll be awesome regardless. He knows how to do good action horror/fighting.

Dark Kane
09-26-2004, 08:49 PM
I'm happy that this project got the greenlight and I'm happy they are getting this movie into the works real soon. I'm excited.

I'm a huge fan of Freddy, Jason and Ash.

It's so thrilling that Bruce Campbell is returning to the Ash character.

It had been rumoured that if "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash" is very successful, then Sam Raimi would get straight to work on Evil Dead 4 once he finishes the Spiderman sequels.

PorkSoda
09-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Might sound stupid but....

Who is Ash? Are they talking about the Pokemon kid or something?

Downunder
09-27-2004, 04:48 AM
Ash from The Evil dead movies.

Disturbed316
09-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Yeah, Ash from Pokemon is going to do a run in and capture Freddy in a Pokeball :y:

TheNamelessOne
09-27-2004, 11:43 AM
This does go ahead then there will be a couple of things that are required for me to enjoy it:

1: Bruce Campbell as Ash
2: Sam Raimi writing Ash's one liners.

I couldn't care less if the rest was shit.

Joe Kerr
09-27-2004, 06:44 PM
Groovy

The Answer
09-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Never watched Army of Darkness.Who is this Ash anyone have any pics?.Bruce Campbell I have heard that name before didn't he play the King of Thieves on Xena and Hercules?.So it's Freddy vs Jason vs Campbell? Are u shittin me? :rofl:.I mean Bruce Campbell is a good actor but I can't buy him as a legit threat to Freddie or Jason.Was he buffer during the army of darkness days?

The Answer
09-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Give me the link to that quote, that sounds like bullshit. I heard an entirely different premise elsewhere.

Ok, some problems. Why would Freddy use weak children to fight Jason?

Supernatural being hunters? That sounds ridiculously campy, even by FT13th/NOES/ED standards. But I'd give that a chance...

His trip to destroy the book? Trip where?

I dunno...Ash being thrown in could be great, but that premise sounds iffy.

(Spoiler of Freddy vs Jason)Another good question is what happened to Freddy's head after Jason brought it back from the water.Soccer or what

Afterlife
10-02-2004, 08:47 AM
Never watched Army of Darkness.Who is this Ash anyone have any pics?.Bruce Campbell I have heard that name before didn't he play the King of Thieves on Xena and Hercules?.So it's Freddy vs Jason vs Campbell? Are u shittin me? :rofl:.I mean Bruce Campbell is a good actor but I can't buy him as a legit threat to Freddie or Jason.Was he buffer during the army of darkness days?

It's got nothing to do with "buff". You take off Freddy's make up, I doubt you'd size up Robert Englud as a threat to Jason Voorhees. Do your hyomework; rent the Evil Dead trilogy and you'll know why everyone's overexcited about Ash kickin' ass.

Afterlife
10-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Oh, and as far as Freddy's head....I dunno how you people missed it, but the reason Freddy winked at the audience is b/c it was a dream. Jason walking out of the water holding Freddy's head didn't really happen.

The Answer
10-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Oh, and as far as Freddy's head....I dunno how you people missed it, but the reason Freddy winked at the audience is b/c it was a dream. Jason walking out of the water holding Freddy's head didn't really happen.

Who's dream was it? Jason's?

The Answer
10-02-2004, 05:39 PM
It's got nothing to do with "buff". You take off Freddy's make up, I doubt you'd size up Robert Englud as a threat to Jason Voorhees. Do your hyomework; rent the Evil Dead trilogy and you'll know why everyone's overexcited about Ash kickin' ass.

Englund without the make up looks scarier then Freddy.He's got Serial Killer written all over him.Creepy :shifty: