PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Observer Hall Of Fame List 2004 (Spoiler)

I-Hate-You
08-19-2004, 08:01 AM
http://www.theddt.com/theddtmessageboard/uploads/post-6-1092906576.jpg

Triple H missed out by one point, but Kurt Angle, Ultimo Dragon, and The Undertaker made it.

Chavo Classic
08-19-2004, 08:29 AM
Very comprehensive list, and as much as I may hate to say it but HHH deserves his ranking.

Aussie Skier
08-19-2004, 08:29 AM
is there a link to that, or is it scanned?

Loose Cannon
08-19-2004, 10:01 AM
I didn't get mine this week :(

Rob
08-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Mine came this morning. Nice spoiler too numbnuts. Nothing worse than waiting for the Observer in the post and have someone tell you whats it in already.

HHH doesn't deserve to be in. Personally I wouldn't vote in Masahiro Chono or the Taker either (Taker has always been borderline with me).

The CyNick
08-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Dont follow Japanese wrestling, but I watch Pride so I get why Sakaraba made it.

Frankly I think HHH got robbed. But I'm not too upset because he'll be around for a long and I bet he gets in within a year or two. I guess his influence on the company held him back because when you just look at his numbers and his work he's a lock to get in. Of course HBK took a while to get in, so maybe HHH is in for the same treatment.

Undertaker is also worthy, he's been on top for so long its really hard to deny his entry. He's kinda underrated as a draw and he did a lot of huge TV ratings. Granted it helped being in there with Austin, but still, he was there too.

I'm glad Backlund got in, I always felt he deserved to be there.

Kurt is the man, good to see people didn't pull the "he has to work 10 years in the business to get considered".

Rob
08-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Michaels wasn't gonna get in at all until he came back. Definately influenced some people. I think HHH will get in and he'll probably deserve it by then. Still 50-50 on Taker though. Always been a backer for Backlund. I would have had Saku as a number 1 pick this year for sure. As for Angle, real wrestling achievements count for any HOF in my book and they alone are enough to get him in.

I-Hate-You
08-19-2004, 09:17 PM
I'm surprised Ultimo Dragon actually got it. The man is a legend in Japan.

To bad WWF didn't capitalize on his status and saw him just as another lightweight.

Nark Order
08-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Ultimo was a good decision. I guess the WWE's plans to bury him weren't completely successful...

The CyNick
08-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Michaels wasn't gonna get in at all until he came back. Definately influenced some people. I think HHH will get in and he'll probably deserve it by then. Still 50-50 on Taker though. Always been a backer for Backlund. I would have had Saku as a number 1 pick this year for sure. As for Angle, real wrestling achievements count for any HOF in my book and they alone are enough to get him in.

Yeah the amatuer wrestling stuff is interesting. Personally I count it towards putting him in there, but I can see how some people would say it shouldn't matter in a worked sport. But I'm glad enough people voted to put him in.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-20-2004, 02:43 AM
Go Chono. Chono is easily one of the hardest working men in the business, especially when it comes to wrestling with injuries.