PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: What if London/Kidman turned heel.

Loose Cannon
08-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Discussion: What if London and Kidman turned heel and used an Over the Top Nice Gimmick.

I was planning of doing a Rewind today on the Strike Force breakup, but never got around to it. I know Lara mentioned in the other thread that London/Kidman resembled Strike Force a little. Now I remember how Strike Force were the goody two shoes tag team that mothers all over the world loved. They seemed like they never did anything wrong and they used "Girls in Cars" as Theme music :nono: Anyway, they would get booed sometimes by fans because of this. Ill always remember Demolition getting cheered over them at WM 4. So, I got to thinking. What if Kidman and London turned heel by using and Over the top Nice Gimmick. Let me explain.

First of all, Kidman and London have the look as pretty boys who seem to do no wrong. I say let them be as nice and gracious as they could possibly be where the fans just can't stand them. And we all know how in this day and age of wrestling there is nothing the fans hate more then wrestlers who are real good guys.

What I would do to start this up is to have them come out shaking the audinces hands as they stroll down to their music. They go over and shake the time keepers hand, the ring announcers hand, the guy who rings the bell hand, the ref's hand and thier opponents hands to start off. Then they don't even wait for the ref to ask to check them. They both just get right into position to be checked by the ref.

The match would start off and they don't break any kind of rules at all, at least when the ref is not looking. That comes later. When the ref is looking, they break on 1 counts, they help thier opponents out of the corners, they help thier opponents up after they deliever a move, they dust the ref off in the middle of the match. They just go all out eith niceness.

But when the ref's back is turned, they would use illegal moves, BUT HERE'S THE CATCH. They still act all nice while they are doing it. For example, let's say the ref's is distracted from the partner of the other team. Kidman slides a chair into London. London hits the guy with the chair. But he doesn't just throw the chair away. Oh no. London would go back to where Kidman got the chair from, firmly place it back in it's upright position, dust it off and gesture to whomever was sitting in that chair before to sit back down. Then London would go back in the ring and do a gesture where he's like "What happend, Oh well" and pins the guy.

Then after the match one of them would get on the mic and do Honky Ton's old thing where they would thank the crowd for supporting them and the ref for calling such a great match down the middle. Then as they leave they start shaking the crowds hands again and wave to the crowd and everything.

What does this accomplish. Well it gives them a gimmick to get over with. And if they are heels, they will keep the belts for a longer time. Tag Team heel Champions are more interesting anyway, at least to me.

Well, what do you guys think?

.44 Magdalene
08-23-2004, 12:18 AM
That's incredibly ridiculous.

AND I LOVE IT.

Dark-Slicer Diago
08-23-2004, 12:28 AM
wasn't Girls in Cars Andrč the Gaint's theme?

The CyNick
08-23-2004, 12:38 AM
I dont really see a logical reason to turn them right now. I think they play the unknown babyface champions really well. They can still get a lot more out of that angle before even thinking about a turn.

Down the road, sure you could turn em, and that idea is as good as any.

Transplant
08-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Fuck, that is the funniest peice of shit I've ever seen.

by peice of shit, I mean its fucking ridiculously good

by Ridiculously good, I mean Its wicked.

.44 Magdalene
08-23-2004, 12:59 AM
Lol, it's like the Doink kind of good--it sounds so inane and so ridiculous that it HAS to kick ass. You know. Doink...he's a clown. But not JUST a clown. He's an EVIL CLOWN.

It's wacky!

Mr. JL
08-23-2004, 01:21 AM
If they went heel... Kidman would get what is being commonly known as "X-Pac heat syndrome"

London is the fucking man no matter what.

Dave Youell
08-23-2004, 04:00 AM
It's a great idea, but like Cynick said it's too early right now

Lara Emily
08-23-2004, 04:05 AM
That works or as I said Bring back Cornette and turn them into The Midnight Express, no new attah to them just Billy Kidman and Paul London: The Midnight Express.
Ok sue me I just want to see a return of the Midnight Express name with guys who don;t suck.

Tornado
08-23-2004, 07:27 AM
Thats an excellent idea, I could see London and Kidman pulling that off pretty well.

Transplant
08-23-2004, 08:09 AM
I think the only hiccup they would have in doing this is finding a way to start it.

They'd obviously have to start a fued with someone, and get beaten in a fair few non-title matches, just to get them annoyed that they cant beat them cleanly. Now, I don't think the Dudleys would be a good choice, unless they were to turn face. This is because the Dudleys have been beaten cleanly by The Clash (thats what im calling them). It shows that changing back to faces and having the crowd on their side that they got better and have The Clash's number.

But if they werent to fued with the Dudleys, they need a team bigger and better than the Dudleys, with emphasis on the word "Bigger". Now, as we all know, there aint any tag teams left besides the Bashams. If Sakoda was still on Smackdown, I would maybe nominate Kyodai, just because Sakoda is a little bigger than the rest of them, and Akio is a pretty quick dude. They could easily be made to look like they have the Clash's number. I know it sounds like I just contradicted myself with the "bigger" thing, but I didnt, since Sakoda ISNT on Smackdown anymore.

So lets go through the list of singles competitors that could join to take them on.

Hardcore Holly: I wont even start. People will just get annoyed at seeing him
Billy Gunn: See Hardcore Holly
Rico: Had a good run with Charlie Haas, but were beaten by the Dudleys, so him and Charlie Haas wouldnt be a good match for them
Charlie Haas: See Rico
Rob Van Dam: He'd have to get pushed more prior to doing this storyline, and in the hole that the writers have put him in, I think its hrd to get him out to make him look dangerous.
John Cena: He belongs in the US/WWE title scene, although I hated the thought at first. Taking him away and throwing him in the Tag division would kill what he has now.
Booker T: I think Booker T should stay in the US scene, cos as I said with Cena, it would just kill what he has.
Kenzo Suzuki: I think it would be easier for a face or a tweener to have this role. If Kenzo wasnt a fully fledged heel, maybe he could have a go with Rene Dupree.
Rene Dupree: Along with Suzuki, he has the build, he has the anger when he loses, the smile when he wins, and would be good to see. But he needs to be face.
Luther Reigns: Now hes Big. And hes a follower, which is a bonus I guess, heel or face, he could change with whoever is "leading" him. I suppose he could go with Cena if he left Angle to go for the titles, then he could maybe do it.....maybe

The rest of the roster is either way too small and insignificant (Chief Jordan Who?) or should stay in WWE title contention.
In conclusion, the only way I can see the storyline working is through 20 other ones. Out of all the guys though, I suppose the only semi-good combination I can see is Reigns and Cena, but this would have to happen though Reigns getting pissed off at Angle, and just ditching him, with no other word to Angle at all. Even then, it would be hard to work. What Smackdown needs is a face Test/Edge team, changing Edges theme back ofcourse. I mean really, Edge's "wtf?" face is a classic, and he'd show it when these guys were shaking their hands "dilligently".

Does anyone see where Im coming from?

Loose Cannon
08-23-2004, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I should of specified that I didn't mean for them to turn right away. You can't do that cause they just won the Titles as babyfaces and they play the underdogs well right now. Down the line though, I would love to see this happen. They would just gradually shift into these characters.

Corkscrewed
08-23-2004, 01:26 PM
ROFL... that's a great idea, though I wouldn't do it now. Obviously, they're pretty over as faces, and the tag scene is pretty weak as it is. The other teams are pretty much heels anyway, unless you want to count Bobcore and Billy. Like Cynick said, there's not much of a reason to do so now, but a few months from now, gradually, that'd be mightily entertaining. That's just about the only way Kidman can get over as a heel IMO anyway.