PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 2005

#BROKEN Hasney
08-24-2004, 08:33 PM
I am saddened by this news:

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/blog/2004_08_01_ukresistance_archive.html#109230256471377397

Feck, they updated, the one with the pic of Morrissey anyways

Rob Ban Fan
08-25-2004, 08:46 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Page Cannot Be Displayed :(

But FIFA is awesome.</font>

Loose Cannon
08-25-2004, 10:13 PM
This is my Favorite game for Gamecube. Well not this one. 2002. I need to get with the times. Anyway, are these games online for PS2?

#BROKEN Hasney
08-26-2004, 03:01 AM
This is my Favorite game for Gamecube. Well not this one. 2002. I need to get with the times. Anyway, are these games online for PS2?
Yeah, but so is Pro Evolution Soccer 4 :D

Sephiroth
08-26-2004, 06:36 AM
DOA Beachvolleyball... :shifty:

Anyway FIFA ROCKS!!! :love:

The Mackem
08-26-2004, 09:26 AM
I've got 2004 on the PC, get's a bit frustrating at times how people can't run.

Jonster
08-26-2004, 09:38 AM
Oh my, The Streets, Air and Franz Ferdinand are on that soundtrack too :o

Penner
08-26-2004, 12:58 PM
will never compare to PES/WE

Rob Ban Fan
08-26-2004, 09:13 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">well, on 2004 you could just take out the tracks you didnt like, so thats not a problem. Ive seen some screenshots and its looking good. Just have to wait and see how it plays. </font>

toxic rooster
09-19-2004, 02:16 AM
I just downloaded the demo, so I believe a bumpage is in order.

You get to play a 6 minute half of Arsenal v AC Milan at Highbury, followed by a penalty shoot out if scores are even. I've found what's different with 2004

a - Reyes plays for Arsenal :love:

b - The throws are done much better, and you can make breaks from the defender as the player is about to throw the ball

c - I find it harder to get booked :$

d - Off-the-ball seems to be done better. I still can't use it though :$

e - The one-touch passing (using X on the PS2) seems to be done better. It seems that the players are more intelligent and will look not to play it straight at the man, but they'll make runs/dodge defenders etc. to get the pass to its target better.

f - They seem to have taken away the 'lunge' (using O on the PS2).

g - Goal celebrations are better

Funky Fly
09-19-2004, 02:38 AM
It's about time I bought a FIFA game for GC. Until then, I'll just break out World Cup 98 on N64. :love:

toxic rooster
09-19-2004, 10:16 AM
I got the original FIFA International Football for mega drive :love:

LK
09-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Don't really like FIFA games. I prefer the Pro Evolution Soccer games much more.

Rob Ban Fan
09-19-2004, 08:28 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I thought the "lunge" was just a light tackle, as opposed to a sliding tackle?

One thing i didnt like about 2004 was the defences were so good it was impossible to get in a one on one situation with the keeper. Where as 2002 it was too easy to get one on one and you won every match 10-0. Ill have to get the demo sometime.</font>

toxic rooster
09-19-2004, 09:25 PM
you can download the demo from www.soccergaming.com

I didn't know what to call the "lunge" thing :$, but it's the one where you keep your feet and never get booked for in 2004. I have a computer controller with the same configuration as a playstation one, and using O in defence did nothing in the 2005 demo.

You really have to use off the ball control to get a one-on-one with the keeper. I finally figured out how to use it last night, and I started winning like 7-0 on World Class in 2004. It's just a matter of staying onside and finding space. I also figured out you only need to flick the right stick to make your man run, not hold it down :$

I'm told to use F11 to take screenshots, but where do I view them later? :$.

BCWWF
09-19-2004, 10:15 PM
I have Fifa 96 for PS, Fifa RTWC 98 for PS, Fifa 2001 for PS2, and Fifa 2003 for PS2. I want to get the most recent one though.

toxic rooster
09-19-2004, 10:22 PM
2005 comes out somewhere around October 15 I heard

toxic rooster
09-20-2004, 03:02 AM
I just played the game then and noticed some more things:

a) The player will automatically do a light challenge for the ball if he's close enough to the man

b) Tricks done using the right stick seem to be more effective, and you can do 'knock ons' again like in 2003.

c) You can control the first touch of the ball using the right stick to beat defenders.

I played a half which finished 1-1 and went to penalties. Cole won it for Arsenal :cool:. Take that, arsehole Dida :mad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/weegooner/Wearethenorthbankhighbury.jpg

We are the North Bank
We are the North Bank
We are the North Bank Highbury

Obviously, this is when the teams were coming out. The stadium seems to be done better, with the screen in the corner and the background you can see out of the corners of the ground. Also, each member of the crowd seems to be individually animated, unlike 2004 where only small sections of the crowd were animated.

Also note Jose Antonio Reyes (#9) :love:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/weegooner/PIRLO.jpg

AC celebrating after arsehole Pirlo latched onto a long ball and drove it in with his first touch :mad:. It only made it past Lehmann because I sorta got the sprint button confused with the keeper charge button :$

The crowd in the background are still cardboard cut outs, but at least they're better than the last game. :mad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/weegooner/Henryslottingit.jpg

Replay facing the Clock End of Henry blasting in the equaliser from the edge of the area. Note the 2 defenders that were closing in on him at the time, and the fact that the defender on the left was way off balance. He fell over after he shot it, the replay didn't show that :$. This is because of the improved player momentum thing they've put into the game.

I only found the space to take that shot because of the first touch thing, so don't underestimate it :mad:.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/weegooner/HENRYSLOTSIT.jpg

Henry's goal celebration. The goal celebration animations are new and different in this game, and also the other players on the team all follow the scorer towards the corner after he scores while the other team just stands there, as opposed to the last game where they all just celebrate in their spot.

After this, like nothing happened in the game that was worthy of a screenshot. Until we got to the penalty shootout which Arsenal won after Cole slotted his penalty.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/weegooner/OHHHHANDCOLESLOTSTHEWINNERANDARSENALCELEBRATE.jpg

The Arsenal players celebrate after Cole wins them the game.

Left to right: Jens Lehmann, Kolo Toure, Ashley Cole, Lauren, Sol Campbell, Jose Antonio Reyes :love:

More screenshots later.

Funky Fly
09-20-2004, 03:29 AM
ASHLEY COLE IS A TWAT

Mr. Monday Morning
09-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Yeah, but so is Pro Evolution Soccer 4 :D

I read that it wasn't :?:

However if that is true then I will orgasm :drool:

Mike the Metal Ed
09-20-2004, 04:12 PM
I bet Leicester look shit on it, we did even when we were in the Premiership. :(

#BROKEN Hasney
09-20-2004, 04:52 PM
I read that it wasn't :?:

However if that is true then I will orgasm :drool: They canclled it on PS2, it seems

http://www.thunderbolt.be/news/viewnews.php?nid=882

But XBox Live :love::love::love::love:

toxic rooster
09-22-2004, 07:53 AM
I played the game again, and have 3 more screenshots to share. I played the game again and got like one clear chance on goal which Henry placed beautifully into the side netting :mad:. Also, Pires got booked twice and got sent off. Here's the screenshots

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/weegooner/RobertPiresisbookedforafoulonGattuso.jpg
Pires' first booking. It was a nothing challenge, too. It seems the ref is really strict in this demo :mad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/weegooner/TheresthesecondyellowandPiresisoff.jpg
Pires getting sent off after his second yellow like a minute later :mad:. This one was actually worthy of a booking, because he sorta hit him from behind just outside the area :$.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/weegooner/ItfallstoHenry.jpg
The North Bank looks on despairingly (despite most of them having their arms in the air) as Henry shoots way wide and delicately places it into the side netting. Dunno why, but they made the Arsenal crest really blurry in this game for some reason :wtf:

Rob Ban Fan
09-22-2004, 03:41 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">who does the commentary? Motty and Ally McCoist again?</font>

toxic rooster
09-23-2004, 06:59 AM
In the demo, they didn't put in any commentary to keep the size of the download down. Before the game kicks off, one of the things that comes up on the screen says commentary by John Motson and Ally McCoist though, so in answer to your question, yes.

Also, I found this on an internet preview of the game:

Commentary
This year heading the English commentary yet again is John Motson with special comments by Ally McCoist. It’s more fluent than ever. I found this year they didn’t fall behind the play as they did on occasions last year, where sometimes the commentary was delayed and out of order. This year the commentary seems as good as any other sports game I’ve played. It was also nice to see Motson commentating the names of some of my players in my Division 2 team. Definitely the best commentary ever in a football game.

BCWWF
09-23-2004, 03:53 PM
How are all ya'll already playing it?

Rob Ban Fan
09-23-2004, 07:19 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">he's playing the demo.

and yeah, that commentary thing was a bit annoying. Motty going on a long rant about sponsorship and advertising, then he'd be like "HERE HE GOES, THERE IT IS!" and id have already had the shot and the keeper would've taken the goal kick :$

The off the ball thing was pretty easy once you got the hang of it last year.</font>

toxic rooster
09-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Oh yeah, and switching between AC and Arsenal the difference in styles is really noticeable too

Rob Ban Fan
10-09-2004, 03:21 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">picked it up today on the PS2, ive only played a couple of quick games but im liking it :cool:</font>

#BROKEN Hasney
10-12-2004, 09:54 AM
I just played it and I have to say that I enjoyed it compared to last years shambles.

I'm thinking I might buy it it's actually that good. Still leagues behind PES, but still fun none the less.

toxic rooster
10-12-2004, 10:52 AM
You arseholes, it wasn't supposed to come out for like another 3 days :mad:

Sephiroth
10-12-2004, 02:57 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">picked it up today on the PS2, ive only played a couple of quick games but im liking it :cool:</font>

Same here, i'm playin career mode now. Game rocks imo :y:

toxic rooster
10-15-2004, 05:27 AM
screw you arses, now I'm gonna have to get off my arse and buy it :mad:

BCWWF
11-06-2004, 11:57 PM
Damnit, I bought it yesterday and its damn hard. The game play is so slow that its hard to score, its not a bad thing, but it makes it really hard.

Jonster
11-07-2004, 12:14 PM
I don't like it.

BCWWF
11-08-2004, 11:54 PM
Has anybody tried the career mode? I like can't win consecutive games even in like the Scottish second division :mad:

#BROKEN Hasney
11-09-2004, 05:50 AM
I didn't end up buying it. Career mode was shit. Just waiting for XBox PES4 now. :D

Jonster
11-09-2004, 07:15 AM
I only brought it cause some people I know play it on XBL, and thought I'd play them.
I also brought it with every intent to take it back on Friday to get SD vs Raw.

Nothing has changed.

toxic rooster
11-09-2004, 07:22 AM
I'm acing through a SPL season with Kilmarnock

It better be worth it :mad: