PDA

View Full Version : New Found Glory drop out of Leeds and Reading

Outsider
08-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Fucking Arseholes have done what Yellowcard did and dropped out to appear at the MTV Music Awards. How fucking punk is that? :mad:

No news on who will replace them yet. Will they even find anyone with it being so close to the festivals?

Rob
08-25-2004, 02:45 PM
Thats why they are sh</>it. Oh and their stupid high pitch singing.

road doggy dogg
08-25-2004, 03:15 PM
New Found Glory are the man

However, that does suck. :(

El Capitano Gatisto
08-25-2004, 03:34 PM
They are doing everyone a favour.

A band that drops a gig to go to an awards ceremony seriously needs to consider why it is a band at all, and their fans would need to re-consider ever spending money on a ticket for one of their shows again.

That's pathetic. Worse maybe than Missy Elliott cancelling a gig in Ireland because she couldn't hire enough buses for her entourage.

Penner
08-25-2004, 04:51 PM
they were at warped tour :meh:

Penner
08-25-2004, 04:52 PM
sucks though

deathtrap
08-25-2004, 04:53 PM
I'd say that was a good thing . Same for Yellowcard

The Destroyer
08-25-2004, 05:16 PM
Twattish thing to do, really.

MoRcHeEbA
08-25-2004, 05:28 PM
I read somewhere they pulled out because they have a new member in the band and they want to practice as much as possible before they tour for the summer.

thecc
08-25-2004, 05:44 PM
man i was hoping this would say chad left to rejoin shai hulud.

Cactus Sid
08-25-2004, 06:08 PM
I read somewhere they pulled out because they have a new member in the band and they want to practice as much as possible before they tour for the summer.

Nope, they pulled out for the VMA's. They're coming back for a show on Tuesday.

packt up
08-25-2004, 06:29 PM
What a load of shit.

I don't like the band but if i was a fan I'd be pissed.

Danny Electric
08-25-2004, 09:03 PM
man i was hoping this would say chad left to rejoin shai hulud.

Shai Hulud have split up.

thecc
08-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Shai Hulud have split up.geert just left and they changed their name to the warmth of red blood.

Danny Electric
08-25-2004, 09:55 PM
geert just left and they changed their name to the warmth of red blood.

God damn media people lying to me. I wanted to see them live but had a law exam the same day and couldn't get to London.

Dave Youell
08-26-2004, 07:29 PM
They are doing everyone a favour.

A band that drops a gig to go to an awards ceremony seriously needs to consider why it is a band at all, and their fans would need to re-consider ever spending money on a ticket for one of their shows again.

That's pathetic. Worse maybe than Missy Elliott cancelling a gig in Ireland because she couldn't hire enough buses for her entourage.
Hmm get seen by a few thousand people, or get seen by a few million people.

Hmmm tough choice that

El Capitano Gatisto
08-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Hmm get seen by a few thousand people, or get seen by a few million people.

Hmmm tough choice that
Bollocks. They have a responsibility to the people who buy tickets to go see them.

Going on MTV merely shows they are more interested in mass media then entertaining a crowd at a real, live show.

i.e. they aren't interested in the music or their fans, they want the cash.

It's called selling out. A lot of bands get wrongly accused of it, but backing out of a gig you committed to do to go on MTV is the definition of selling out your fans.

Outsider
08-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Bollocks. They have a responsibility to the people who buy tickets to go see them.

Going on MTV merely shows they are more interested in mass media then entertaining a crowd at a real, live show.

i.e. they aren't interested in the music or their fans, they want the cash.

It's called selling out. A lot of bands get wrongly accused of it, but backing out of a gig you committed to do to go on MTV is the definition of selling out your fans.

Thats what I thought. And to think these are bands I've defended in the past :mad:

thecc
08-27-2004, 02:50 AM
God damn media people lying to me. I wanted to see them live but had a law exam the same day and couldn't get to London.I saw their last show with geert and it was just amazing.

Requiem
08-27-2004, 02:59 AM
This topic should have said "New Found Glory drop off the face of the earth."

road doggy dogg
08-27-2004, 03:43 AM
Actually it shouldn't, 'cause that would be quite false. See, they cancelled their shows so they could appear at the MTV Music Awards. Quite a bit different.

Requiem
08-27-2004, 03:52 AM
I can hope it was truth though.

Sorry, but I really can't stand the band... Actually, I can't stand the singer. The 'sound' is fine..

MoRcHeEbA
08-27-2004, 07:35 PM
if it makes you all feel better they dropped out only to play the pre-show... That really shouldn't make you feel better but it's kinda funny. NFG suck live anyways I've seen them three times in the last two years. they've always just been meh live

mitchables
08-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Actually it shouldn't, 'cause that would be quite false. See, they cancelled their shows so they could appear at the MTV Music Awards. Quite a bit different.

:love:

El Capitano Gatisto
08-27-2004, 09:57 PM
if it makes you all feel better they dropped out only to play the pre-show... That really shouldn't make you feel better but it's kinda funny. NFG suck live anyways I've seen them three times in the last two years. they've always just been meh live
They're fucking shite when they're played on the TV or radio, so why did it take you 3 shows to realise they would be terrible live too?

New Found Glory are absolute toss. Even by the standards of the shit bands most of you here listen to.

road doggy dogg
08-27-2004, 10:24 PM
No, compared to the other bands in the same genre, they're still kinda the man

El Capitano Gatisto
08-27-2004, 10:25 PM
They're shit, and obviously don't give a fuck about people who buy tickets to see them.

You'd think such a shit band would try to keep fans, rather than alienate them.

deathtrap
08-28-2004, 03:55 AM
Compared to Yellowcard they're the man, but everyone else they're pretty poor