MVP
12-30-2003, 11:52 PM
Here's a more believeable lineup for the Royal Rumble main events:

WWE Championship
Brock Lesnar vs. Bob Holly

World Heavyweight Championship
Triple H vs. Kane

Royal Rumble
15 RAW Superstars and 15 SD! Superstars(obvious)

Source: prowrestling.com

The One
12-31-2003, 12:08 AM
Brock wins...

Trips wins...

Honestly the Rumble is up for grabs between Berg, Angle, and HHH (Don't worry, he'll find a way ;-))

Big Fat Mike
12-31-2003, 12:11 AM
IF BOB HOLLY IS IN A MAIN EVENT AT A MAJOR PPV I WILL SHANK THE NEXT PERSON I SEE WEARING A WWE SHIRT IN THE NECK.

c4g2
12-31-2003, 12:38 AM
IF BOB HOLLY IS IN A MAIN EVENT AT A MAJOR PPV I WILL SHANK THE NEXT PERSON I SEE WEARING A WWE SHIRT IN THE NECK.

Easy there dude. Everyone here does not want Holly to face Brock, but there's a good chance it may happen, especially with the feud going on between them.

If Bob Holly really faces Brock, I expect a total squash with maybe someone interfering to even out the scales.

MVP
12-31-2003, 01:03 AM
Easy there dude. Everyone here does not want Holly to face Brock, but there's a good chance it may happen, especially with the feud going on between them.

If Bob Holly really faces Brock, I expect a total squash with maybe someone interfering to even out the scales.Not the way Holly's been superpushed as of late. Most likely Holly will be made to look like a formidable opponent. :o

JeremyTB29
12-31-2003, 01:23 AM
Why would HHH face Kane when they are both heels?.Heel vs Heel matches don't work.Face VS Face does but not Heel vs Heel.

Taker Fan
12-31-2003, 02:21 AM
Instead of Holly, I hope that they give the title shot to Cena. I can't really think of anybody besides Kane for HHH to face, but maybe instead of Kane, they can give RVD a 4 week push and give him the title shot (but the problem is, when RVD most likely loses, he will be further buried). So, I guess that HHH will probably face Kane at the Rumble

***************RAW SPOILER****************

If Kane were to face HHH for the title, I think that Booker T would interfere and cost Kane the title, since Booker was attacked by Kane on RAW

sexymanalive
12-31-2003, 12:01 PM
well see its HBK Vs HHH at the Rumble because undertaker is to interfer and either make HBK lose or HHH but i know these for a fact that and i went to undertaker website he will enter the Royal Rumble and it will be his last as after wm20 he is to leave

Sephiroth
12-31-2003, 12:10 PM
well see its HBK Vs HHH at the Rumble because undertaker is to interfer and either make HBK lose or HHH but i know these for a fact that and i went to undertaker website he will enter the Royal Rumble and it will be his last as after wm20 he is to leave

:D ...... :shifty:

Evil Vito
12-31-2003, 12:20 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm guessing it'll be:

WWE Title: Brock Lesnar vs. Hardcore Holly

WWE World Heavyweight Title: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

Royal Rumble Match:

Raw Participants- Goldberg, Kane, Booker T, Rob Van Dam, Randy Orton, Mark Henry, Chris Jericho, Christian, Matt Hardy, Test, Scott Steiner, Lance Storm, Val Venis, John Heidenreich (Token Jobber Slot), Mick Foley (Surprise Entrant)

SmackDown! Participants- Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero, Matt Morgan, A-Train, Rey Mysterio, Tajiri, Bradshaw, Faarooq, Rhyno, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Shannon Moore, Old School Undertaker (Surprise Entrant)

Other matches I'm expecting to see:

-Cena vs. Big Show for the U.S. Title
-Batista & Flair vs. Dudleyz for Tag Titles
-Bashams vs. Scotty and Rikishi for Tag Titles</font>

MVP
12-31-2003, 04:14 PM
well see its HBK Vs HHH at the Rumble because undertaker is to interfer and either make HBK lose or HHH but i know these for a fact that and i went to undertaker website he will enter the Royal Rumble and it will be his last as after wm20 he is to leaveWhat's the URL? I want to check the credibility of your source.

JeremyTB29
12-31-2003, 06:26 PM
This is how I would like the Rumble to turn out.

Kurt angle and Benoit both hit the floor at the sametime making both of them the #1 contender.Backstage they flip a coin and whoever wins the toss gets their choice on which champ they want to face at WM.Angle wins the toss but he doesn't say who he picks to face.

HBK then beats HHH for the raw title and Lesner beats Holly ofcourse.

After the HBK win angle's music hits and he says he picks Shawn to face at WM.

That way we get Lesner VS Benoit and the dream match of HBK VS Angle at WM as the 2 main events.

BasicThuganomics
12-31-2003, 07:44 PM

STFU!!! :mad:

You're just as annoying as dark kane, and probably dumber!!! :rant:

Fox
12-31-2003, 08:25 PM
My Royal Rumble:

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP RE-MATCH w/ Bischoff and/or Austin as co-referees
Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H(c)

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Brock Lesnar(c) vs. Bob Holly

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH
-Kane is one the last 3, but Taker shows up and knocks him out of the Rumble.
-Angle, Benoit, Jericho, Cena or Goldberg will win it.

BasicThuganomics
12-31-2003, 08:36 PM
I see the Royal Rumble pretty much the way Big Vito has it lined up. Who knows who is going to win the actual Rumble though? It's kinda weird that no one knows for sure what the main event at WMXX is gonna be though. Last year, we knew it would be angle vs. brock like in november didn't we? If they go with Goldberg vs. Brock as the main event, I'm sure that Berg will win the rumble.

While Goldberg vs. Brock will be a good draw for the main event, if the WWE wants a classic match that will always be remembered for the biggest show they've ever had, then Benoit vs. Brock could definately live up to those standards if the WWE builds up the fued correctly.

Fox
12-31-2003, 08:44 PM
How about Jericho wins the Rumble, Michaels wins the World Title, and we've got a Jericho vs. Michaels rematch from last year in the main event.

Oh, and Goldberg and Lesnar can have there little thingy too.

Savio
12-31-2003, 08:57 PM
Why would HHH face Kane when they are both heels?.Heel vs Heel matches don't work.Face VS Face does but not Heel vs Heel.

Did you forget when HHH fought Angle 2 years ago because steph liked angle? They were both heels.
-----------------------------------------------
Basicthuganomics nice way to contribute to the thread.

BasicThuganomics
12-31-2003, 09:20 PM
Did you forget when HHH fought Angle 2 years ago because steph liked angle? They were both heels.
-----------------------------------------------
Basicthuganomics nice way to contribute to the thread.

Actually, HHH was pretty much a face going into that match...

don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but whatever...

Pepsi Man
12-31-2003, 10:46 PM
Actually, HHH was pretty much a face going into that match...

don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but whatever...
Not in January 2001, he wasn't. He had turned heel again after revealing himself as the brains behind Rikishi's attack on Austin.

thebitch
12-31-2003, 11:19 PM
Brock vs. Hardcore - Since Hardcore has had such a HUGE undeserved push lately, he will seem like a decent opponent. Brock wins via F-5.

HHH vs. HBK - After the stellar match they had on RAW, I'm expecting them to fight at the RR. HHH wins via Pedigree after Ric Flair interferes.

Royal Rumble Match - I honestly haven't a clue on who will win.

BasicThuganomics
12-31-2003, 11:57 PM
Not in January 2001, he wasn't. He had turned heel again after revealing himself as the brains behind Rikishi's attack on Austin.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of the time before that when the whole love triangle thing was going on. But the fued wasn't between Kurt and HHH really, it was more of a subplot for Austin HHH at the time that lead to the 3 Stages of Hell match the next month... But you're still right though...

moshingfreak
01-01-2004, 04:00 AM
Royal Rumble Match - I honestly haven't a clue on who will win.

I'll put 10 bucks on Benoit, i got a feeling.

Savio
01-01-2004, 04:13 AM
<MARQUEE DIRECTION=UP SCROLLDELAY=1 SCROLLAMOUNT=1 WIDTH=100% STYLE="align:justify;filter:wave(add=5, phase=10, freq=5, strength=100);"><center><font color="Red"size=2><br>Brock vs Holly<br>HBK vs HHH<br>Big show vs Cena<br>RR winner cena<br>Kane vs Booker<br></marquee><BR>

Tornado
01-01-2004, 10:39 AM
<font color=#33ffff>Please. Don't use that font...</font>

wrestling_god
01-01-2004, 12:30 PM
I could see Cena winning the rumble or even Kurt Angle. I would say Orton but hes caught up in his new angle with being a hardcore legend and holding the ic title in which i would love for either micheals or jericho to snag from him..I would love for Jericho to become world champ.

BasicThuganomics
01-01-2004, 09:09 PM
LOL Wrestling God! In your signiture, John Cena looks like a midget in that picture!

Hopefully I'm not the only one that notices that...

The CyNick
01-01-2004, 11:02 PM
I haven't heard what the plans are in terms of who is going to win the World Title match. On the one hand I would say its a foregone conclusion that HHH will retain and carry the belt into Mania. However, I know HHH is taking time off again in the spring to make the next WWE movie losing project, so perhaps they're looking at HBK to carry the title into Mania.

There are a ton of possibilities they could go with by having HBK walk in as champion. Jericho-HBK would be great, Angle-HBK would be cool (and this I could see because if anyone watched SD it looks like Kurt is turning heel, plus it would make sense to have both title matches be RAW vs SD matches instead of just one), or even HBK-Flair for the title might be interesting. At the same time they could throw HHH into the tag match with Orton agianst Rock and Foley.

Of course with all that said I have a hard time believing that HHH will be willing to go into Mania not being the champ (or winning it), however if he figures the Rock-Sock tag match will get more promotion (which it probably will, and by probably I mean definately) he might go ahead and drop the title.

As for the Rumble match, its also a tough call at this point. They still keep saying Goldberg-Lesnar is the planned WWE title match, so that would mean Goldberg has a good chance of winning. However, I can also see Angle winning given his promo on SD, and then doing a quick heel turn right after. Like I said before I could see this leading to Angle going after the World Title instead of the WWE title. Benoit might win, but I think they plan on pushing him after Mania. I could kinda see them going with the plan from last year where Brock wins (or in this case retains) the WWE title at Mania, and then Benoit wins it probably in May at the first SD only PPV after Mania.

Obviously Lesnar will retain over Holly. This match should be funny from a crowd standpoint because I have a feeling it will either have no heat whatsoever, or the fans will totally turn on Holly. Philly is a tough crowd, and I have a feeling they will choose Lesnar over the fraud that is Bob Holly.

The One
01-01-2004, 11:07 PM
All I care about is that Chris Benoit wins the Rumble....(that or Billy Gunn :))

c4g2
01-02-2004, 06:06 AM
World title match
-Triple H (c) vs Shawn Michaels
Since Austin said HBK would get a rematch, I guess he would drop a bombshell by saying HBK would get his rematch at the Rumble.

WWE title match
-Brock Lesnar (c) vs Hardcore Holly
This is pretty much a lock, given Holly's megapush of late.

US title match
-Big Show (c) vs John Cena
Also one likely match, with the tensions between them lately.

World tag titles match
-Flair & Batista (c) vs Dudleyz
This is a wild guess, but given the Dudleys' dominance in the tag division, this is likely.

Kane vs Booker T
Just to fill up the spaces between the title matches.

Eddie Guerrero vs Chavo Guerrero
I think their feud should finally boil over, it has dragged long enough.

Royal Rumble
-15 Raw superstars, 15 Smackdown! superstars.

Lamuella
01-02-2004, 10:29 AM
I'll put 10 bucks on Benoit, i got a feeling.

I think you could be right.

*SPOILER*

After Heyman made him the first man in the Rumble, I think from a storytelling perspective, he HAS to win. Add to that the fact that they've had Benoit on the slow burn, and crowds are starting to get behind him, and Brock/Benoit begins to make sense as a WM main event.

The CyNick
01-02-2004, 03:03 PM
I think you could be right.

*SPOILER*

After Heyman made him the first man in the Rumble, I think from a storytelling perspective, he HAS to win. Add to that the fact that they've had Benoit on the slow burn, and crowds are starting to get behind him, and Brock/Benoit begins to make sense as a WM main event.

I dont know if thats the case. I haven't heard anything different for Brock except that he will face Goldberg, which I would guess would be for the WWE title, which would mean Benoit wont win the Rumble.

What I'm thinking is that Benoit will enter #1, and work for probably close to, if not more than an hour (depending how the match is booked), and then fall short due to a screwjob by Heyman. I could actually see something with Kurt turning heel. Maybe Benoit throws out Angle, then Angle comes back and "accidentally" gets Benoit eliminated. Then they book some type of tag match at NWO where Angle does a full fledged heel turn on Benoit, and that leads to Benoit vs Angle at Mania. Perhaps there is a stip there that if Benoit wins he becomes the #1 contender. That scenario would fit the rumours that Benoit is line for a huge push in 2004 and still keeps Brock free to fight Goldberg at Mania.

Rammsteinmad
01-04-2004, 08:39 AM
I think it's really stupid that they announced Billy Gunn to return at the Rumble. Fair enough, the crowd will probably cheer for him, but wouldn't it be more surprising if it wasn't announced in advance.

Also, this year could potentially the Royal Rumble the internet wants in terms of not knowing whos going to win...

We got Benoit... Cena... Angle... Kane... Goldberg... Shawn Michaels (maybe)... Jericho...

Also, Benoit being number one and winning will be the greatest thing ever imo. He has that kind of stamina/endurance "I will do anything it takes" presence that could let him win it.

Lamuella
01-04-2004, 12:27 PM
I think it's really stupid that they announced Billy Gunn to return at the Rumble. Fair enough, the crowd will probably cheer for him, but wouldn't it be more surprising if it wasn't announced in advance.

hmm... yes and no

Surprises at the event are good, but they don't sell tickets to THAT event.

I'm not saying too many people will say 'holy crap! Billy Gunn's at the Rumble, we have to go/watch!', but if they give the impression of the Rumble being this huge event that superstars are returning at, that may raise sales.

The CyNick
01-04-2004, 01:44 PM
hmm... yes and no

Surprises at the event are good, but they don't sell tickets to THAT event.

I'm not saying too many people will say 'holy crap! Billy Gunn's at the Rumble, we have to go/watch!', but if they give the impression of the Rumble being this huge event that superstars are returning at, that may raise sales.

Yeah good point.

Although it would be funny if people heard Billy is returning and actually said "I have to see that!!"

In line with what you are talking about, I think they should have Rock and Foley both enter the Rumble, they could say its such a big opportunity they are willing to set aside what they are doing (especially in Rock's case) to get a shot to be in the ME of WM.

The CyNick
01-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Just to add to the Rumble speculation:

In the Observer this week, they talk about Lesnar-Goldberg being for the SD Title at Mania, and the rumour that the winner of Rumble will be a SD guy who will challenge HHH instead of Lesnar for the RAW title is confirmed.

Not sure how this will all play out, but apparently the winner of the Rumble has been known for some time. So now I'm starting to lean towards Benoit going all the way and then going after HHH. This would kinda make sense since it will put HHH in the top spot at Mania, even if he has to drop the title to someone (in this case Benoit). We cant be suprised that HHH will be in the last match at Mania XX can we?

I guess the plan is that they hope Benoit going coast to coast will be enough to establish him as a legit main eventer.

RAW is in need of some new faces as SD is kinda full with Cena, Eddie, Taker and Edge (assuming he comes back to SD), not to mention Angle (although I think he's turning heel).

Of course all of this could all change at a moments notice, but for now thats what is being discussed.

Ben Rodrigues
01-07-2004, 03:29 AM
This Royal Rumble has the makings of being as good or even better than 1992 (That's if they don't make the time between entrants anything less than 2 minutes). So many realistic potential winners -

RAW - Bill Goldberg, Booker T, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels (If he's not facing Hunter for the belt at the Rumble).

SD - Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero & John Cena

And also filler main eventers that would fool casual fans -

The Undertaker, Kane & Rob Van Dam (Maybe The Rock & Mick Foley)