PDA

View Full Version : Canada 2 - USA 1 (World Cup Hockey)

Arashi Kage
08-31-2004, 10:59 PM
Great first period by Canada. I was worried that Esche was gonna pull a Richter, and I guess he did (18 saves in the first?)

I wanna see the Lemieux - St. Louis - Richards line return. I think that Lemieux with Sakic and Iginla is one of those super-superstar lines that doesn't work out as well as it looks on paper.

MoRcHeEbA
09-01-2004, 01:19 AM
the Sakic, Iginla, Lemieux line played awesome they had about 12 chances tonight. I'm happy with how they played and the lines.

road doggy dogg
09-01-2004, 01:25 AM
I only watched a bit of the game... Esche's glove save on Heatley in the second period was beautiful

KleptoKlown
09-01-2004, 01:43 AM
:yes:

Adder
09-01-2004, 11:54 AM
What did you think of Canada's jersey?

I thought it was awesome.

Took
09-01-2004, 12:01 PM
No, I know why they wore them, but they need to now go back to the red or white jerseys please!
I hate anything mustard yellow.

stima
09-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Why did they wear yellow jerseys?

I watched some the game. For so much talk about Canada being way better then USA it was a pretty close game. I was kinda hoping USA woulda won so I coulda busted all of your balls but oh well

MoRcHeEbA
09-01-2004, 09:38 PM
The first year Hockey was in the olympics the "Winnipeg Falcons" wore Gold jerseys like that so they're just vintage throw-backs. The states didn't play good last night, the game easily could have ended 5-0 if it wassn't for Esche. I dunno though, the states doesn't have a great team on paper this year :-\ I also think canada could have taken 5 players that would be better on their team :-\

stima
09-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Who is Esche anyways? When I saw him in net I figured USA was gonna get romped but then he ended up making a ton of good saves. So how does this thing work? Is it like pool play or what?

Loose Cannon
09-01-2004, 09:43 PM
We like to be referred to as the 'USA" not the "states" Thanks.

And The Czechs are 0-2 :mad: I remember when they won in 98 Olympics. :(

MoRcHeEbA
09-01-2004, 09:59 PM
Who is Esche anyways? When I saw him in net I figured USA was gonna get romped but then he ended up making a ton of good saves. So how does this thing work? Is it like pool play or what?

He's Philly's goalie, two different "Groups" of 4 teams top team from each "Group" plays in the Finals so if the "USA" finishes second (which they will be lucky too) they will play for third place against the second place team over the other "Group".

MoRcHeEbA
09-01-2004, 10:00 PM
the Candians are killing Slovakia right now... Slovakia has a pretty good team too.

The CyNick
09-01-2004, 11:43 PM
We're playing too good, I'm a little worried we could get a little to cocky and drop a game in the Semis or something.

Yellow jerseys were nice in the sense that they were a shout out to the Winnipeg team, but damn, those were ugly. I liked the big ass leaf, but yellow? Good to see them back in red and white tonight.

Looking forward to US-Russia tomorrow, see where those teams stack up with each other.

Took
09-02-2004, 01:13 AM
Zednik had food poisoning damnit. He would have had a good cheer in Montreal had he played and even scored.

Yeah Canada romped the slovaks. Russia is next up and they dont have a regular nhl goalie playing this time, so they'll be beat too.

I see the swedes beating the finns next, the czechs may bounce back. So far Jagr doesnt look too interested. He needs to play like he once did.

Adder
09-02-2004, 11:40 AM
Russia next.

Bring them on

Funky Fly
09-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Why did they wear yellow jerseys?

I watched some the game. For so much talk about Canada being way better then USA it was a pretty close game. I was kinda hoping USA woulda won so I coulda busted all of your balls but oh well
Those jerseys were hotttness. I was watching at the gym, so I din't have any sound. And I missed the entire third period. Anything interesting happen in the 3rd?

Arashi Kage
09-02-2004, 11:05 PM
CCCP 3 - USA 1

errr, I mean Russia not, CCCP.

Hope Canada will wear the Canada Cup jersey against Russia. I just got one a month ago, I love that logo. Got Coffey 77 on it.

http://www.chuckthomas.com/mlm87ccp.jpg

Took
09-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Damn, the Habs have gotta re-sign Kovalev. What a fucking beauty of a goal.

Y2Ant
09-03-2004, 12:36 AM
Kimmo Timonen, Teemu Selanne and Jere Lehtinen scored for Finland, which shut out the Czech Republic 4-0 in their opener Monday night in Helsinki.

Selanne, who got an assist on the first goal, notched his first at 11:27 in the second, one-timed a slapshot from the left circle while the Finns had a two-man advantage for 28 seconds.

:love: Selanne

BCWWF
09-03-2004, 08:48 PM
I'm watching the USA vs. Slovakia game right now and St. Paul is clearly the best city I've seen. This is the first time I've seen the fans really into the game.

YOUR Hero
09-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Those yellow jerseys are great. I loved them. All of Canada's jerseys are great. I liked Team USA's against the Russians too. Simple, effective.

Took
09-04-2004, 03:55 AM
I'm watching the USA vs. Slovakia game right now and St. Paul is clearly the best city I've seen. This is the first time I've seen the fans really into the game.

Dude, I like you and all, but c'mon. The slovak fans are making about as much noise as the yank fans. Montreal was booming as usual, but minny could have been better.

BCWWF
09-04-2004, 04:02 AM
I don't know what you're talking about? I think we're on a different topic.

Took
09-04-2004, 04:18 AM
I don't know what you're talking about? I think we're on a different topic.

oh sorry. i thought you were saying the minny fans were really into the game. I thought they were into the game, just no so on a huge scale.

KleptoKlown
09-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Didnt like the yellow jerseys at all.

Red white and black suits them a lot more.