PDA

View Full Version : Championship Manager thread

deathtrap
09-01-2004, 03:39 AM
I decided to start a new one. I've only got 4, as I'm holding for FM 2005. I'm Arsenal and Shrewsbury. I'm 1st with Arsenal, and 10th in the Second Divison with Shrewsbury, although I'm a relegation favourite.

my Arsenal team is:
Dida
Lauren
Cole
Mexes
Campbell
Pires
Ronaldinho
Vieira
Makelele
Cisse
Henry.

I also have Kanu on the bench who always scores when he comes off. I'm in 2004/2005

Disturbed316
09-01-2004, 02:21 PM
Haven't played this for about 6 months now, doubt I will pick up either of the new ones coming out. Football manager sims seems to have lost its appeal to me :-\

Mr. Monday Morning
09-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Got Scarborough up to Div 2 in 2 straight seasons but the resources were so scant we were going to get shat on, so resigned and took over Watford in Div 3, two seasons later am now back in Div 1 as champions last season :cool:

deathtrap
09-03-2004, 07:32 AM
:y:

As Shrewsbury, wer'e 18th in the second division, due to really poor form at the moment. I blame fatigue

Rob Ban Fan
09-03-2004, 08:27 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I had a game with Wengerland going where I was Portsmouth and he was Leicester. Finished 4th in the first season, should've been 2nd but the game kept buggering up :mad: team was
Shabaan
Zivkovic
Jagielka
Stefanovic
Buxton/Kilgallon
Harper
Faye
O'Neil
Morgan/Taylor (i had to sell Berger to pay for Kilgallon :'()
Yakubu
Steffan Moore/Supat Rungratsamee

I had loads of quality youngsters too. Idealy i wanted £12,000,000 to fund my champions league campaign and I knew EXACTLY who i wanted to buy. Needless to say I was given £1.2m :|

Then Wengerland's computer buggered up and we lost the game :'(

I've got a conference one going with MAAAASK too where he's top of the league with Morecambe and im around 5th with Exeter.</font>

packt up
09-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Had a game with a friend where I was Inter and he was Juve.

He beat me the first two seasons then I won the league 6 years in a row, the Chamions league 3 times and the Cup twice. Won the treble in my last year then left for Derby which was at the Bottom of the Premier.

Saved them from relegation, won the league the time after and then won the league and the chamions league the year after.

Woooo go Derby.

Cactus Sid
09-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Currently playing a game with my mate, about halfway through first season in The Championship, he's QPR, I'm Plymouth.

He's top, David Bellion somehow scoring like 43 goals in 20 games, I'm 4th gradually clawing my way up the league

The Mask
09-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Okay, me and RBF are just going to start a new game, he's going to be Cardiff, and try to be the first Welsh side to get in the premiership, and I'm going to be Accrington Stanley.

Why?

So I can Eventually beat Liverpool and be all "Liverpool, who are they?" "EXACTLY!" and so on.

Rob Ban Fan
09-03-2004, 07:30 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">yeah, well Cardiff sucked a fair bit so im Sheffield United instead. I can loan a load of players to MAAASK :cool: then hopefully take the mighty Blades to the top, then leave to manage England :'(</font>

deathtrap
09-04-2004, 04:44 AM
What's everyone's version, as I'd like to have a network game

Mr. Monday Morning
09-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Just beat Pompey 5-0 away on opening day :o

deathtrap
09-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Just got Mido on loan, worth £37million from Man U:o Speed and Mexes for free. Zidane rejected my contract offer after a £15million was accepted.

Jeffer released on free, taking up £60k

2005/2006 coming up. Won Premiership, lost FA CUp final

Ogen
09-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Just won everything possible with Dag & Red . Charity Shield, Premiership, Leauge Cup, FA Cup, Champions Leauge now I'm bored with them though so I'll probably start a new game soon this one made it too 2018

Wengerland
09-20-2004, 08:19 AM
*bump*

Just got my internet back :$

That game RBF said was class, mainly cause it had Hitman in too and he bought RBFs crap players and sold me Carragher :$ :cool: :'(

Cactus Sid
09-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Been playing this non-stop for ages, got bored last season because after signing Cavenaghi, Tevez and Pazzini for Liverpool we were literally unbeatable, and all of them were worth ridiculous amounts. Pazzini and Cavenaghi scored 110 between them.

Hence they've been sold and I'm building a new squad of top players, but not players that are considered in the Champ Man community "cheat players".

I kept Tevez though :shifty:

Mr. Monday Morning
09-21-2004, 06:42 AM
Mutu just scored 54 goals in one season for me :$

The Mask
09-21-2004, 06:46 AM
I signed Cavenaghi for the first time for United. He's pretty awesome. Signed Pazzini too but he's not playing as well as he does in most games.

Cruiserweight 3:16
09-25-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm curently managing Accrington Stanley on the 2003/4 game and I got promoted to the Premiership via the playoffs and have managed to achieve 4 successive promotions.

Wengerland
09-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Okay, me, RBF and HardKore have started a new game.HardKore is Newcastle and you should know who me and Owen are :cool:

RBF's started well but i've been pretty crap so far, signed Djibril Cisse on loan but he's just been got an injury and is out for 7 months :'(.HardKore is doing alright.