PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's Rape Charges Dropped

Champion of Europa
09-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Kobe's court hearing just ended like 10 minutes ago, and on ESPN they just broke through the Red Sox game to say that the defense asked the judge to drop the charges, and the judge consented.

They said a press conference or something should happen soon.

stima
09-01-2004, 09:45 PM
whattt

Supermark101
09-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Yeah I heard about it on PTI. The girl just wants money. She chose not to testify

Champion of Europa
09-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Yep, its official. The Colorado DA just announced it.

Apprentice
09-01-2004, 10:01 PM
they said the victim could "no longer participate". Hmmm.. that makes me wonder.....

Dazz
09-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Sorry but wasn't this always the obvious outcome, happens all the time.

Dunno about your crazy system in America, but I do beleive that if she pulled a stunt like that in England she'd be chucked in jail for three years.

BCWWF
09-02-2004, 12:06 AM
That stupid bitch just fucked him over real bad

Apprentice
09-02-2004, 12:18 AM
This is all very fishy. She can't testify in the criminal case but she can in the civil case? And why is Kobe apologizing? Isn't that admitting guilt? Shouldn't she be apologizing to him? What the heck is going on?

Here's part of Kobe's statement:

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."

HeartBreakMan2k
09-02-2004, 12:26 AM
She's a hoe who was after money. Simple as that, and Kobe was an ass for cheating on his wife. It was consensual, or at least that's my views, on the wohle thing.

Lara Emily
09-02-2004, 12:44 AM
This is all very fishy. She can't testify in the criminal case but she can in the civil case? And why is Kobe apologizing? Isn't that admitting guilt? Shouldn't she be apologizing to him? What the heck is going on?

Here's part of Kobe's statement:

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."
Not saying that it isn't odd but don't forget the judge basically let the defence use her past sexual history as evidence if she took the stand that's all the defence would ask her about. She'd be destroyed because of her past sex life, which is and will always be completely irrelevant to whether a person was raped or not, that type of defence I thought had long been outlawed, sadly I was wrong.

Gertner
09-02-2004, 12:47 AM
lol Kobe just could have kept denying ever sleeping with her, and then he wouldn't have had to buy his gf a huge ring.

Supermark101
09-02-2004, 03:07 AM
Not saying that it isn't odd but don't forget the judge basically let the defence use her past sexual history as evidence if she took the stand that's all the defence would ask her about. She'd be destroyed because of her past sex life, which is and will always be completely irrelevant to whether a person was raped or not, that type of defence I thought had long been outlawed, sadly I was wrong.

I bet she takes the stand in the civil trial.

KleptoKlown
09-02-2004, 03:34 AM

Im sure if she was a virgin, the prosecution would have been shoving that down our throats.

She is a slut. She slept with him consensually with intent to claim rape and get money.

Her past sex life is relevant, especially if she had sex 48 hours before or after she did Koybe. If she had sex the day after the alledeged rape, that information is very relevant, and there is no way you could argue against that.

If she didnt want to be "destroyed" over her past sex life...perhaps she should have kept her legs closed more often.

Same with her medical history...if she has a past of disturbing things.

Can sluts and people with mental problems be raped...of course. But they are also more likely to lie about being rapped.

Lara Emily
09-02-2004, 03:55 AM
{lepto]{lown']Im sure if she was a virgin, the prosecution would have been shoving that down our throats.

She is a slut. She slept with him consensually with intent to claim rape and get money.

Her past sex life is relevant, especially if she had sex 48 hours before or after she did Koybe. If she had sex the day after the alledeged rape, that information is very relevant, and there is no way you could argue against that.

If she didnt want to be "destroyed" over her past sex life...perhaps she should have kept her legs closed more often.

Same with her medical history...if she has a past of disturbing things.

Can sluts and people with mental problems be raped...of course. But they are also more likely to lie about being rapped.
The thing is this opens flood gates. It creates an atmosphere where the victim ends up on trial, that's why these type of defences were banned in the first place. Look I'm not saying he's guilty, I'm just saying her sex life (or anyone's sex life in any rape case) should not be a valid defence.

MoRcHeEbA
09-02-2004, 03:59 AM
Michael Jackson called he wants his defense back :(

Adder
09-02-2004, 11:43 AM
You guys sem to overlook that her name, photo, address and phone number have been published.This is completely against the law. She's been harrassed, had death threats, etc.

For anyone to simply say she was only after money is callous.

PS, I bet Kobe does give her a ton of moneyt to make the civil case go away.

Supermark101
09-02-2004, 03:41 PM
The thing is this opens flood gates. It creates an atmosphere where the victim ends up on trial, that's why these type of defences were banned in the first place. Look I'm not saying he's guilty, I'm just saying her sex life (or anyone's sex life in any rape case) should not be a valid defence.

I agree with what you are saying, but in this case it is valid. If she did have sex the day after? Who does that? Not a victim. It's a diifficult situation. How else is he going to defend himself. It's his word against hers. Cheating on your wife is not worth a 10 year jail sentance.

MoRcHeEbA
09-02-2004, 03:45 PM
You guys sem to overlook that her name, photo, address and phone number have been published.This is completely against the law. She's been harrassed, had death threats, etc.

Michael Jackson called he wants his defense back :(

AlphaBean
09-03-2004, 04:34 AM
I agree with what you are saying, but in this case it is valid. If she did have sex the day after? Who does that? Not a victim. It's a diifficult situation. How else is he going to defend himself. It's his word against hers. Cheating on your wife is not worth a 10 year jail sentance.
How many times have you been raped?

If the answer is less than one, tell me how you know what a victim does or doesn't do?

And remember: Whatever a victim does or does not do is available to the public, because rape victims do not have rights.

http://womensissues.about.com/cs/rap1/a/aarapeshieldlaw.htm

:wavesad: Good bye, rape shield law. You were nice in theory, but from now on, all victims are sluts who just want money. Yep. All of them. Rape is no longer a crime if you have enough money to hire private investigators.

So here is my two-step plan for getting laid:

1) Get rich

2) Rape a chick in Colorado.

Aw yeah, foolproof.

Moonax
09-03-2004, 11:32 AM

Thank you Adder.

Look at the reaction of you all here, you've called her a slut, a whore and various other things. Do you blame her for not wanting to go ahead.

If anyone is to blame it is the court for their rank incompetence.

It's funny but you guys question everything against Bryant and yet you accept all the accusations made (but unproven in court) by the defence against the victim.

Tell me why is your first reaction to assume she is lying? Would you want everyone to know your sexual history? Would you want everyone to know where you are living? Frnkly it is little wonder that she didn't want to take the stand.

Apprentice
09-03-2004, 01:46 PM
A little bit off topic but how does the defense usually defend against rape, especially if the defendant admitted to having sex with the girl. Usually it would be like, o, i wasn't with her or something. But how do you defend against what Kobe was up against? It seems, if you aren't allowed to go into sexual history, it would just go by the victim's and defendant's accounts, but that doesn't really prove much cuz its almost certain they'll say completely different things... I duno. This whole situation is weird. If she takes the stand at the civil trial, I'm definitely gonna be very suspicious of her motives.

BCWWF
09-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Even if the trial went on, I doubt Kobe would have been convicted because of A. his social status and B. the prosecution has to prove to the jury that Kobe Bryant raped her. Unless he flat out says it, that is really hard because its not the issue of if they had sex, its the issue of if it was consentual. Its basically his word against hers.

The Outlaw
09-03-2004, 07:31 PM
The people that were at the hotel that heard screaming and said her clothes were ripped might have had something to do with convicting him.

It's pretty sad IMO that her sex history was brought up.

Nice addy Bean, btw. I wasn't aware of all that. Kobe has had past incidents of this but you still see everyone saying he's innocent and she's just a whore.

Lara Emily
09-03-2004, 07:40 PM
How many times have you been raped?

If the answer is less than one, tell me how you know what a victim does or doesn't do?

And remember: Whatever a victim does or does not do is available to the public, because rape victims do not have rights.

http://womensissues.about.com/cs/rap1/a/aarapeshieldlaw.htm

:wavesad: Good bye, rape shield law. You were nice in theory, but from now on, all victims are sluts who just want money. Yep. All of them. Rape is no longer a crime if you have enough money to hire private investigators.

So here is my two-step plan for getting laid:

1) Get rich

2) Rape a chick in Colorado.

Aw yeah, foolproof.
Indeed, this case just too kthe rape shield law and threw it out the window. The mass imcompetance of the justice system in this case is astounding.

BCWWF
09-03-2004, 08:37 PM
The people that were at the hotel that heard screaming and said her clothes were ripped might have had something to do with convicting him.

It's pretty sad IMO that her sex history was brought up.

Nice addy Bean, btw. I wasn't aware of all that. Kobe has had past incidents of this but you still see everyone saying he's innocent and she's just a whore.

If there was evidence that convincing, I'm sure Kobe would be in jail by now

AlphaBean
09-03-2004, 10:21 PM
If there was evidence that convincing, I'm sure Kobe would be in jail by now I've heard that he ripped her clothes, fucked her in the ass and shit on her.

But the fact is, by saying she's a slut, she loses the credibility which would imply she did NOT enjoy vaginal and rectal bleeding, and being covered in feces.

By saying she had sex before and after, any evidence to prove she was not enjoying herself was gone, because all sluts love to be raped. :y:

YOUR Hero
09-03-2004, 10:28 PM
The prosecution team was a mess. Forget that Kobe was invloved, this case should have went to trial.

BCWWF
09-03-2004, 10:49 PM
If you are going by the recent reports that have been unspecific, it didn't mean that he shit on her face, it means that he gave her a facial.

Like I said earlier, if all that was completely true, the case would have been a lot easier for the prosecution.

YOUR Hero
09-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Maybe you didn't read the part posted earlier. The part where people had their names published, and have had death threats at their homes, they've been tramatized by the system, felt like justice wasn't on their side. It was a circus.

BCWWF
09-03-2004, 11:02 PM
That has nothing to do with what I was talking about though. I am simply saying that it is very hard to prove if it was rape or not when one person says it was and the other says it wasn't. If there was overwhelming medical or physical evidence then the case probably would have gone on and Kobe probably would have been put in jail.

KleptoKlown
09-03-2004, 11:57 PM

Her sex life 2 years ago is irrelevant.

He sex life a week before and a week after the alledged rape is very relevant.

If she had multiple sex partners during that time, its possible any damage was done by someone else.

That is whats relevant. Anyone trying to argue that obviously doesnt care about the truth.

AlphaBean
09-03-2004, 11:57 PM
And you're being dense, BCWWF.

If the system was running smoothly and didn't fuck the girl over, Kobe would be getting a facial in prison right now.

They dropped the case due to her personal info getting out, and all of the "allowances" and all the leaks that have happened during the life of this case make it impossible for the facts to save the case.

It's shot.

Basically, Kobe's defense team is the Giants, and someone let them listen to the prosecution's playcalling via the headset.

It doesn't matter who has the better gameplan, when you get an unfair advantage like that. Right?

YOUR Hero
09-04-2004, 12:09 AM
{lepto]{lown']Her sex life 2 years ago is irrelevant.

He sex life a week before and a week after the alledged rape is very relevant.

If she had multiple sex partners during that time, its possible any damage was done by someone else.

That is whats relevant. Anyone trying to argue that obviously doesnt care about the truth.
Considering none of that was ever proven, you've made a huge leap in judgement. Lets forget about that however for a minute.

Lets say she did have sex 48 hours before being raped. How is that relevant? Are you saying that if you and your wife make love and she's raped within 48 hours after the fact, she's a slut.. she wasn't really raped?

Lets say 48 hours after being raped she has sex. Does that negate the fact she was raped? Are you saying if your wife is raped and you and her have sex 48 hours or so after the fact, for whatever reason, she is giving up her right to press charges?

KleptoKlown
09-04-2004, 12:44 AM

Unfourtunatly with high profile cases, people want to know everyone involved. If people dig deep enough, they can find what they want.

Had this case happened between her and some average joe, people would have never even taken notice of her name.

Its unfortunate, and says volumes about how secure this "secure" information is.

However...if she was never raped, and legally she wasnt, Kobe is the victim here...his name was dragged through the mud, he was unfairly branded a rapist.

Just say she's crying wolf, and is in this for the money. Would you still feel the same about her name and other personal stuff being released?

If she is indeed crying wolf, she deserves every bit of what she's getting.

If she was rapped...Kobe should have went to jail...and should pay millions of dollar...and im an asshole.

BCWWF
09-04-2004, 12:56 AM
Bean, are you a fucking idiot?!

Just kidding. I guess I was being dense. I didn't know that those were the circumstances that the trial was dropped over. All I heard was that she wasn't going to testify for some reason.

I was just saying that it is really hard to prove somebodys intentions, I plead ignorance on the details. I call a spade a spade and I was wrong. Sorry.

BCWWF
09-04-2004, 12:58 AM
]{lepto is making a lot of sense in my head

KleptoKlown
09-04-2004, 12:59 AM
Thank you Adder.

Look at the reaction of you all here, you've called her a slut, a whore and various other things. Do you blame her for not wanting to go ahead.

If anyone is to blame it is the court for their rank incompetence.

It's funny but you guys question everything against Bryant and yet you accept all the accusations made (but unproven in court) by the defence against the victim.

Tell me why is your first reaction to assume she is lying? Would you want everyone to know your sexual history? Would you want everyone to know where you are living? Frnkly it is little wonder that she didn't want to take the stand.

I dont blame her for not wanting to go ahead.

For the sake of an argument, lets say kobe did rape her. Obviously the rape in itself is traumatic. Then add on top of that 1000s of people calling you a slut. A vicious pack of overpaid lawyers asking you every personal question imaginable. Incompetent courts leaking information, fans threatning to kill you and lots of other horrible things. There comes a time when she must have thought "fuck it"

And you're right, the courts have a huge responsibility in this as well. They didnt do their job, and they failed this woman in getting a fair trial. Regardless of if he raped her or not, she, and every other person deserves a fair shake.

But she's still going ahead with the civil suit. She stands to make millions of dollars. The burdan of proof is less. Why would she press on with a case where Kobe would go basically unpunished(a 10 million dollar settlement isnt going to hurt Kobe in the slightest)

And a question for you.

Why would the prosecution fight so hard to keep her sex life from being allowed as evidence? Unless there was something to hide, they really have no reason. Like I said earlier, if this girl was a virgin, you could bet your bottom dollar the prosecution would be making her out to be the second comming of the virigin mary...dont you agee?

KleptoKlown
09-04-2004, 01:01 AM
Even if the trial went on, I doubt Kobe would have been convicted because of A. his social status

Its sad, but that would probably have been enough to get him off. I dont agree with it, and dont like it. But thats the way it is.

Look at OJ

BCWWF
09-04-2004, 01:07 AM
One of my dads lifelong friends is a LA County judge, and when he was visiting a few weeks ago he was pretty confident that he wouldn't be found guilty. Take that for what it is, which is really very little, but meh.

KleptoKlown
09-04-2004, 01:15 AM
Considering none of that was ever proven, you've made a huge leap in judgement. Lets forget about that however for a minute.

Lets say she did have sex 48 hours before being raped. How is that relevant? Are you saying that if you and your wife make love and she's raped within 48 hours after the fact, she's a slut.. she wasn't really raped?

Lets say 48 hours after being raped she has sex. Does that negate the fact she was raped? Are you saying if your wife is raped and you and her have sex 48 hours or so after the fact, for whatever reason, she is giving up her right to press charges?

Answer to both your questions: No.

What if she had rough sex 48 hours before being rapped? That sex session left marks and bruising.

Its not hard to claim those bruises were left by someone else you just had consenual sex with. It doesnt mean she wasnt rapped. It doesnt mean she was rapped. But the pure fact that someone else could have caused that damage is relevent. Anyone arguing that really needs to give their head a shake.

Same thing with 48 hours after the alledged rape. If there is even the remote possibilty that any damage to her body was caused by someone else, other than the accused, the defence has every right to know about it.

If it was my wife, i'd hope she'd come to me and tell me what happened. I honestly dont know how'd i'd react and pray i'll never have to find out.

If this woman was actually rapped, I take all the slut comments back, and will call myself a hige asshole.

But if she did have sex with Kobe, and then rough sex to leave bruising with someone else, just so she can get money...then all my comments stand.

BCWWF
09-04-2004, 01:22 AM
He is 6'7"

AlphaBean
09-04-2004, 02:17 AM
Raped.

Thank you, good night.

BCWWF
09-04-2004, 02:30 AM
Goodnight AlphaBean :wavesad:

YOUR Hero
09-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Kevin, you are taking Kobe's "word" over hers. Why?

I mean no one really knows what happened.

All I'm arguing is that the procecution teams was shit and that all the personal info leaks are unforgiveable.

KleptoKlown
09-04-2004, 02:36 PM
All I'm arguing is that the procecution teams was shit and that all the personal info leaks are unforgiveable.

Fully agree with that...I dont think anybody would disagree.

Im arguing the merit of her sex life a short time before and after the alledged rape.

My whole point is basically summed up, that if any physical damage to her could have been caused by someone other than Bryant...then the defence and the courts should know, and should be able to ask.

And yes I am taking his word over hers. She's continuing with her civil suit, where she stands to make millions of dollars.

She'll most likely get the same type of treatment as shes getting now...being called a slut, death threats etc etc.

But instead of Kobe going to jail for a hideous crime, she'll pocket a few million dollars. Thats what makes her a whore. She fucked him, screamed rape...and is getting paid.

You cant forget, there is no criminal case. Legally Koybe didnt rape her. Yet he's branded a rapist, before this, he had a clean image. A bad husband he is, but a rapist he isnt.

The Outlaw
09-04-2004, 02:58 PM
EAGLE, Colo. - The sheriff and prosecutor in the Kobe Bryant sexual assault case defended how the case was handled, and said they were disappointed it never went to trial.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="1%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="99%"><CENTER><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=150 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>
<!-- http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040903/thumb.eag10209032057.bryant_case_eag102.jpg && (http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040903/thumb.eag10209032057.bryant_case_eag102.jpg ~~ "http") --><!-- SlideshowStart -->
<!-- SlideshowEnd --><!-- endif --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER></TD><TD width=5> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sheriff's investigators have been criticized by Bryant's lawyers and legal experts who argued authorities did a haphazard job and prematurely arrested Bryant before prosecutors could review the facts.

Sheriff Joe Hoy said Thursday investigators did their job correctly and prosecutors and investigators worked together on the case from the start.

"They did a very thorough investigation," he said. "If I didn't think it was a valid case, we wouldn't have gone forward."

Asked whether he felt justice had been done, Hoy said no.

"It would have been good to see it go through, but under the circumstances, it was the right thing," he said.

Mark Hurlbert, district attorney for the 5th Judicial District, also defended his performance, denying claims that prosecutors withheld evidence that would have been helpful to the NBA star.

Hurlbert said Thursday that he had enough evidence to meet the ethical requirements for pursuing the case and only dropped the case because Bryant's accuser backed out.

"I regret that we could not go to trial and tell the full story. That's the only regret I have," Hurlbert told The Denver Post.

He faces his first election this fall and the unraveling of the case that cost taxpayers at least $200,000 has become a campaign issue.

On Tuesday, a day before Hurlbert dropped the case against Bryant, Bryant's lawyers filed a motion to dismiss the case accusing prosecutors of withholding key testimony from a forensics expert.

Dr. Michael Baden, a former New York City medical examiner who had been expected to testify, found that genital injuries and a jaw bruise found on the alleged victim at a hospital exam the day after she was with Bryant could have resulted from consensual sex.

Prosecutors later dropped Baden from the witness list but didn't tell the defense what Baden's findings were. The motion was filed after defense lawyers found out about his opinions.

Hurlbert said he had a response for every claim raised by the defense, including the presence of another man's semen on the woman and in her underwear. In testimony mistakenly released to the media, a defense expert said the evidence showed that the woman had sex with someone else after Bryant and before she underwent a hospital exam. The woman's lawyers deny that.

"We could have subpoenaed her and brought her in, but that is something that I am unwilling to do — revictimize an already fragile person," Hurlbert said.

The case had an unusual beginning with Hurlbert caught off guard by Hoy's decision to arrest the five-time All-Star on July 4, 2003.

The sheriff sought the warrant directly from a judge, instead of making the request through the district attorney, which is the usual practice.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="1%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="99%"></TD><TD width=5> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hurlbert took two weeks before deciding to file charges against Bryant.

"I really took my time," Hurlbert told the Post. "The whole idea that the case was troubled is really something the media made up. I knew that this was going to be a huge case, and I wanted to be sure that we were on the right track."

Bryant, 26, has said he had consensual sex with a then-19-year-old employee of a Vail-area resort where he stayed last summer. He apologized to the victim "for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year." The woman, whose lawyers said asked for the apology as a condition of dropping her testimony, is pursuing a civil lawsuit against Bryant.
A bruised jaw is result of consensual sex? :wtf:

KleptoKlown
09-04-2004, 03:07 PM
did you read the whole thing?

a defense expert said the evidence showed that the woman had sex with someone else after Bryant and before she underwent a hospital exam

proove to me that bryant left that bruised jaw and genital injuries

The Outlaw
09-04-2004, 03:29 PM
So you're saying a bruised jaw can result from consensual sex, then?

KleptoKlown
09-04-2004, 03:37 PM
depends on the bruise really. Its possible...but unlikely.

But the fact she had sex with some else before going to the hospital shows that Bryant may not have been the one to leave the bruise...something the defence has the right to know about.

The Outlaw
09-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Oh I agree, the whole thing was dodgy but I don't know about her past sex life being revealed. If she had sex afterwards, that should be revealed but all the other stuff being revealed was just to humiliate her.

Guess we will never know if he raped her, but truthfully, who really thought he would actually goto jail? I figured that it would be settled in other ways.

BCWWF
09-16-2004, 07:48 PM
I saw they released his interrogation the day after. I read it on ESPN.com and it seemed edited, if I can find a better version I'll post it.

Apprentice
09-17-2004, 07:12 PM
Bryant: ``My bodyguards -- I got to, I got to tell them what's going on, my biggest fear is my career and ... ``

Winters: ``I understand ...''

Bryant: ``... my image, so.''

Winters: ``... very, very much so and we're trying to respect that as much as we can, all right?''

Loya: ``And this is how we work, Kobe. We're not, we're not here to destroy your career or your image, but we do have a serious matter at hand that we'd like to resolve and it's all going to depend on your cooperation and how you want to resolve it.''

Bryant: ``Well. Do I have to?''

Winters: ``Well, that's up to you, I mean we'd like to find out your side of the story, we'll get into the details of it, we'll explain what's going on. Um, but that's all we want to do, Kobe.''

Loya: ``And that's one of the reasons, and that's one of the reasons, this is one of the reasons we're up here at this time of night.''

Bryant: ``Ask me what, ask me something, ask me anything.''

(Loya had asked Bryant how the woman showed him a tattoo on her back.)

Bryant: ``She had like a strap or whatever and she like lowered it. I told her to turn around and she lowered it and she showed me.''

Winters: ``OK, all right um, did anything happen in the room?''

Bryant: ``Like what?''

Loya: ``Uh, did you guys hug or kiss?''

Winters: ``Kiss or hug?''

Bryant: ``No.''

Winters: ``OK. Um. I'll be blunt and ask you. Did you have sexual intercourse with her?''

Bryant: ``No.''

Winters: ``Yet there is an allegation that it was an unconsensual intercourse that occurred last night, OK. All right. Hang on, OK, hang on, I understand you have every right to be upset, OK, but you know, I'm giving you an opportunity to tell the truth if something did happen, because I'm going to tell you now, um, we're going to find out.''

Bryant: ``Is there any way I can settle this whatever it is, I mean ... ?''

Winters: ``Well, what do you mean by settle?''

Bryant: ``If my wife, if my wife found out that anybody made any type of allegations against me she would be infuriated.''

Loya: ``Just be straight up, we're not going to tell your wife or anything like that. Did you have sexual intercourse with her?''

Bryant: ``Uh, this is what I need to know because uh I did have sexual intercourse with her. Cause I was (inaudible).''

Winters: ``And I understand.''

Loya: ``OK, was it consensual?''

Bryant: ``It was totally consensual.''

Loya: ``What makes you believe, what makes you believe it was consensual?''

Bryant: ```Cause she started kissing me, (inaudible) then she bent over and (inaudible).''

Loya: ``Is this, I don't mean to offend you in any way but is this a habit of yours, that you cheat on your wife?''

Winters: ``Has this ever happened before?''

Bryant: ``Um, yes, with one other person. And she could actually testify I do that um, I do the same thing, I hold her from the back, I put my hands (inaudible).''

Loya: ``And who's that other person?''

Bryant: ``Her name is Michelle.''

Loya: ``And this is somebody you frequent or one time incident or ...?''

Bryant: ``No. She's a, she's a frequent (inaudible).''

Loya: ``And your wife ...''

Bryant: (Inaudible)

Loya: ``Obviously your wife doesn't know about this?''

Bryant:'' No. Nothing man, seriously.''

Bryant: "... I can't believe this girl. What does she want from me?"

Loya: "Do you want me to carry those for you, Kobe?" (Apparently referring to Bryant's crutches.)

Bryant: "Yeah. What does she want, what does she want?"

Winters: "I don't think she wants anything."

Bryant: "Are you kidding me?"

Loya: "What are you willing to give her?"

Bryant: "She has to want, she has to want something (inaudible) she has to want something."

Winters: "What do you mean she has to want something? I don't understand."

Bryant: "She has to have a, she has to have a motive, to do, she has to have a motive to do this."

Winters: "What would be, what do you think her motive is then?"

Loya: "Are you willing to pay that if she is?"

Bryant: "I got to. I got to. I'm in the worst (edited) situation."

Credit: AP

Danny Electric
09-17-2004, 07:21 PM

I agree, in Britain information about her sex life would not be allowed as evidence and would be ignored by the jury.