PDA

View Full Version : minor league hockey brawl in Canada?

VonErich Lives
09-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Ok, looking for some info from you up north.

I guess over the weekend or possible last week, there was a minor league hockey game, playing on one of the teams was Lyndon Byers along w/ I think his nephew or cousin... maybe younger brother...

Anyway, I guess LB started 3 fights, including a bench clearer that even got ex-NHL Gates? (I think that's his last name) out of the stands to join in and included a brawl after the game was over.

Anyway, just seeing if anyone has any info on this...

I tried some searches and couldn't find any links.

BCWWF
09-07-2004, 04:03 PM
And Jim Rome convienently doesn't hear about this

VonErich Lives
09-08-2004, 01:35 PM
ok, heard some more info... guess Gates got arrested for beating the crap out of the equipment manager and the game had over 400 penalty mins.

They said it used to be called the "Senior league" or sumthin like that, but has a new name now.

Gertner
09-08-2004, 01:40 PM
lol link gatez and lyndon byers were also gonna be participates in the "Hockey Gladiators" tourny.

I guess they needed something to do.

Took
09-09-2004, 12:04 AM
It's link gaetz yeah. That guy was once a pretty good heavyweight in the NHL..I have a major scrap of him and Bob Probert going at it.

Gertner
09-09-2004, 12:57 AM
he got in a bad car accident, and that pretty much was the end of his career.

VonErich Lives
09-09-2004, 03:13 PM
lol link gatez and lyndon byers were also gonna be participates in the "Hockey Gladiators" tourny.

I guess they needed something to do.
Actually, Byers does a lot... he's on a local raido morning show, does a lot of promotions, and bruins events and stuff... even seen him on some national sports shows... he said he gets like $500.00 for going on for like 2-3mins... not a bad deal..

That being said, Gatez actually called into the morning show LB is on trying to get him to do the gladiator thing, LB basiclly said when the guy got some money that would draw the real fighters, probert, lb, etc... etc... to let him know. They got more money for the purse, LB joined and him and Gatez were probably the 2 biggest names in it...

Last I heard it got canceled, because since it was just fighting it fell under boxing rules and since no one was licensed to fight or promote etc... the cops were going to arrrest everyone at the event.