PDA

View Full Version : The TPWW 500 (Future Front Page Feature)

loopydate
09-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Hey, everyone!

In just about three weeks now, Pro Wrestling Illustrated will be releasing their annual PWI 500 ranking of the 500 best wrestlers in the world. Every year, they make some horrible choices, and there is always a lot of discussion over how the list could be made better.

And now here's your chance. From the start of last fall (September 23, 2003) until the end of this summer (September 21, 2004), who do you believe has had the best year?

Submit your top ten, top twenty, top fifty, top one hundred, top five hundred lists. However many you want to rank, go right ahead.

The criteria are up to you. Base it on in-ring talent, base it on who's had the best matches, who had the biggest push, longest title reign. However you rank them, it's up to you.

Choices can come from WWE, NWA-TNA, or any other wrestling promotion. In fact, any fans of international wrestling are strongly encouraged to include their top wrestlers from Japan, Mexico, and Europe in their lists.

Once enough entries have been made, I'll combine the lists to form what will hopefully be the TPWW 500, which will wind up on the front page. I would imagine we'll have difficulty reaching 500, so it may end up just being the TPWW 200 or so.

NOTE: Anyone who wrestled in the last year is eligible. That includes non-wrestlers like Shane McMahon and Jonathan Coachman as well as managers like Scott D'Amore. Feel free to include female wrestlers as well.

I can't wait to see everyone's lists.

loopydate
09-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Oh, and here are some sites to help anyone who wants to do some research:

Title History Sites
http://www.puroresu.com/titles/home.html
http://www.solie.org/titlehistories/index.html

PPV and "Supercard" Results
http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/

Xero
09-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Since I only watch WWE, that's what I'll be doing...

1. Chris Benoit
2. Triple H
3. Randy Orton
4. Eddie Guerrero
5. John Cena
6. Chris Jericho
7. Christian
8. Eugene
9. JBL
10. Kane

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "best year", so I picked the ones I felt had the biggest parts, and/or best matches in the company...

Savio
09-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Mordecai
Kane
Y2J
Christan
Big Show
Chavo
AJ Styles
Ultimato Dragon
HHH
Raven
(Other then Mordecai and Kane no specific order)

loopydate
09-14-2004, 06:58 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "best year", so I picked the ones I felt had the biggest parts, and/or best matches in the company...
That is what I meant. Either, who did you enjoy watching most, or who put on the best performances, or who spent the most time in the spotlight.

Funky Fly
09-14-2004, 07:51 PM
*sticky*

loopydate
09-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Thanks, Funky.

Also, I should point out, that if lists could be in order, I'd be most appreciative.

Savio
09-14-2004, 08:20 PM
ok edited

loopydate
09-14-2004, 08:29 PM
Thanks, Paul.

I'm working on my list, and I went to Solie's page, and found out that, out of the 365 eligible days for these rankings (assuming he doesn't lose the belt on Impact this week), Jeff Jarrett will have held the NWA World Title for 295 of those days! AJ Styles had an almost-seven-week reign, and Ron Killings had the belt for two weeks. The whole rest of the year was controlled by Jarrett. That's more than double the next longest World Title reign of the year (Brock had the WWE belt for 146 days). And they say Triple H is bad...

Ferocious
09-14-2004, 08:35 PM
1. AJ Styles
2. Jerry Lynn
3. Kurt Angle
4. Chris Benoit
5. Eddie Guerrero
6. Randy Orton
7. Low Ki
8. Christian
9. Chris Jericho
10. Shawn Michaels
11. Amazing Red
12. Paul London
13. Edge
14. Brock Lesnar
15. Big Show
16. Rey Mysterio
17. Undertaker
18. Matt Hardy
19. Val Venis
20. Ultimo Dragon
21. Bradshaw
22. Kenta Kobashi
23. Keiji Muto (sp?)
24. John Cena
25. RVD
26. Booker T
27. Raven
28. Christopher Daniels
29. Bryan Danielson
30. Shelton Benjamin
31. Charlie Haas
32. Jamie Noble
33. La Parka
34. Sean O Haire
35. Tajiri
36. Rene Dupree
37. Perry Saturn
38. Elix Skipper
39. Scott Hall
40. Steven Richards
41. Doug Williams
42. Konnan
43. Abyss
44. Kane
45. Frankie Kazarian
46. Psychosis
47. Masato Tanaka
48. Samoa Joe
49. Haloween
50. Colt Cabana

Might go to 100 later but I'm to tired at the minute

I went for in ring entertainment value more than anything else

BigDaddyCool
09-14-2004, 08:45 PM
BDC's Top 5(I've only watched WWE this year so, I'll just be ranking them):

1. Christian (because I'm his peep)
2. Jericho (because he is almost as funny as Christian)
3. Kane (because he is the work horse of Raw)
4. Cena (He is the only reason I ever watch Smackdown)
5. JBL (he has had his moments)

Loose Cannon
09-14-2004, 08:53 PM
wait wait wait. Is this only on wrestling ability or everythihg?

Funky Fly
09-14-2004, 09:10 PM
wait wait wait. Is this only on wrestling ability or everythihg?
Read the entire thread (or at least all of loopy's posts). It's basically based on whatever you like. But (and I may be reading too much into it here) there seems to be emphasis on ability and title history.

Loose Cannon
09-14-2004, 09:12 PM
1) Eddie Guerrero (one of the greatest runs I have ever seen during back in 03 and then they depushed him a little, but he got it going again. Spectacular)

2) Chris Benoit (Quality shit the whole year)

3) Shawn Michales (Stil got it)

4) Chris Jericho (Give him the fk'n Title)

5) John Cena (Unbelievable run last year as a heel. Got himself over with a "silly" gimmick. #1 Reason why I watched Smackdown last year.)

6) Kurt Angle

7) Randy Orton: What can you say, he's had some killer matches this year and established that IC Title again.

8) Christian (Awesome Awesome stuff. Too bad he hot hurt. He has really come into his own.

9) A.J. Styles: Carries TNA

10) Brock Lesnar: Was doing great until he left.

11) HHH: Say what you want, but he has been a lot better now and days.

12) Chavo Guerrero: Carried that Crusierweight division when he was Champ. Excellent character and a great feud with Eddie.

13) Big Show: Really entertaining the past year.

14) Kane: Work ethic is second to none.

15) Chris Daniels: Too bad he really didn't take off in TNA when he had the "Fallen Angle" character for a couple of months. I thought he would get the strap.

16) Raven: He's had some impressive matches and really built himself up in TNA.

17) RVD: Needs a character change or something.

18) Shelton Benjamin: When did WGTT break up? Anyway, he's had a decent singles run.

19) Charlie Haas

20) Edge

Savio
09-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Oh loopy put Brock at 11 for me.

KayfabeMan
09-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Since I'm big with the indy related things and such, I will compile my list of 30 from the indies and NWA-TNA, as I consider them an indy promotion that is on a somewhat fully national / international level. I may have several that you don't know, but I will explain my reasons for them, and hopefully it'll inspire people to look at them.

1. Jimmy Rave (exceptional year, has become a hot commodity on the indy scene and has gained a great amount of popularity everywhere he works - ex. ROH, NWA, etc...)

2. Joey Matthews (has had some great matches with WWE, and has become the main guy at 3PW and several other promotions; excellent worker - like Rave - and is solid).

3. Ron Killings (talented, hard working - a few setbacks, but overall he's impressive).

4. BJ Whitmer (totally awesome talent, great worker since his debut).

5. Matt Stryker (the one with the unibrow, not 'Matt Martel' Striker; totally awesome and solid worker - I've followed him since he debuted, and he's a hard working guy).

6. Chris Harris (could easily be a top singles competitor, and is the main force behind the success of AMW,in my opinion; talented, and with time can become a main guy).

7. Jason Cross (since getting back on track Cross has had A+ matches in Wildside and all throughout the southeastern US; does a great job all of the time, and gets better).

8. D'Lo Brown (A+ talent all around, and is great here in the US as well as overseas).

9. David Young (two words - AMAZINGLY UNDERRATED).

10. Julio Dinero (Had some good outings in TNA, and has continued to have excellent matches in the northeastern United States for tons of promotions; very talented guy).

11. Joe E. Legend (Awesome talent, had solid outings in the US again, and could have been a main event player for TNA if was used right; continuously improves his work).

12. Shark Boy (perfect gimmick, solid old-school style talent, and can mix it up in the air, on the ground, and everywhere inbetween...solid matches all the time on the indy scene, and could have greater matches on TNA if he weren't used as enhancement).

13. Kid Romeo (has had solid outings in MLW, HCW, TNA and across the southeastern US since returning full-time; could do a lot more in TNA if he's given a chance to).

14. Raven (still has more gas left in the tank than he's given credit for).

15. Mike Quackenbush (continues to remain a great force on the indy scene, and his proved his worth with his staying-power; works great matches, and adapts to styles).

16. AJ Styles (slightly overrated, but good nonetheless).

17. Erik Watts (great to see him back, and is a very impressive worker for a big guy; he moves quick, can wrestle, and has enough charisma to keep people interested).

18. Roderick Strong (above average guy that has a great old-school style).

19. James Storm (in my opinion, not as good as Harris, but still a top performer).

20. Norman Smiley (I don't personally care for him that much at all, but he stays over for whatever reason, and stays busy here in the US, as well as overseas all the time).

21. Nigel McGuiness (McGuiness...is in it...to win it - top quality guy since his debut in HWA, and still continues to be a top quality performer - is catching on with the fans).

22. Jeremy Lopez (great wrestler, not much charisma wise as a face, but is a perfect heel; needs mic work, but I'm basing this overall, and overall, he's a very good talent).

23. Jeff Jarrett (I don't like his politics, but he's still a good performer - fair is fair).

24. Dagon Briggs (very solid Florida worker, was good in NWA FL, even better now).

25. Steve Corino (continues to impress in Japan, and does great on his appearances here in the US with all the promotions he works for - BANG!, ROH, etc.. - great guy).

26. Tony Mamaluke / Anthony Lagotto (has totally flipped his career upside - for the better; only ranks here because of inactivity due to training...very dedicated talent).

27. Reckless Youth (I place him this low in the list only because he hasn't been active all that much; had excellent matches in ROH,and across the US with tons of workers).

28. Hector Garza (great here in the US, greater in Mexico - enough said).

29. Elix Skipper (liked him in WCW, like him now, needs work - but not much).

30. Jerry Lynn (solid talent, only this low because he's been semi-active).

Mister Sinister
09-14-2004, 11:05 PM
Here's Another Site to Help

www.obsessedwithwrestling.com

asphyXy
09-14-2004, 11:21 PM
1 - Chris Benoit
2 - Chris Jericho
3 - Eddie Guerrero
4 - AJ Styles
5 - Chavo Guerrero
6 - Ron Killings
7 - Kane
8 - Triple H
9 - Raven
10 - Christian
11 - Paul London
12 - Chris Sabin
13 - Frankie Kazarian
14 - Rey Mysterio
15 - JBL
16 - John Cena
17 - William Regal
18 - Chris Harris
19 - James Storm
20 - Booker T
21 - Charlie Haas
22 - Matt Hardy
23 - Randy Orton
24 - Johnny Swinger
25 - Primetime Elix Skipper
26 - Edge
27 - Spike Dudley
28 - Undertaker
29 - Rene Dupree
30 - Shelton Benjamin

BigDaddyCool
09-15-2004, 12:25 AM
BDC's Top 5(I've only watched WWE this year so, I'll just be ranking them):

1. Christian (because I'm his peep)
2. Jericho (because he is almost as funny as Christian)
3. Kane (because he is the work horse of Raw)
4. Cena (He is the only reason I ever watch Smackdown)
5. JBL (he has had his moments)

I'm doing BDC's Worst 5 (again, WWE only, and count this in some reverse fashion, like if these guys are on the list, drag them down further, or if there is a tie with someone, make that someone get a spot ahead or something).

1. Spike Dudley (I hate him more than anything, I wish WWE would fire him)
2. Bubba Dudley (I hate him only a little less than Spike, plus I usally change the channel when there is a tag team match, and it is his fault)
3. Stacey Keibler (suprised it ain't DVon, ain't ya, I don't mind him, but I hate Stacey in a wrestling role, keep the hell away from the ring, whore).
4. Rosey (he killed Hurricane's pop's)
5. Chavo Sr. (I hate old dudes that suddently get back in the ring and then win, it is improvable...Flair never really left and never fights without Evolution, so there is a believablity with him...but Chavo comes from nowhere to fight again, I'm calling bullshit)

--------------------------------

I'm going to make my Top 5, to top 10.

6. Victora (she is one hardcore chick, her, and the entire women's roster on raw...not that diva crap headed by Stacey...but the women's div should really be proud of themselves)
7. HHH (I'm still a mark for the game, and you can talk shit on him when you are a 9 time champion, plus he is the only credible person to hold the Raw belt all year)
8. Rhyno (he is fucking Rhyno)
9. Raven (he will be the only none WWE talent because I :heart: Raven)
10. Lance Storm (it is a tragedy he retired without his 'Mainia mainevent.)

Loose Cannon
09-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Read the entire thread (or at least all of loopy's posts). It's basically based on whatever you like. But (and I may be reading too much into it here) there seems to be emphasis on ability and title history.

My bad, stupid question.

Kapoutman
09-15-2004, 03:01 AM
All right. Here's my top 10-20-30...

1.Chris Benoit
2.Eddie Guerrero
3.AJ Styles
4.Chris Jericho
5.Christian
6.Shawn Michaels
7.Ron Killings
8.Triple H
9.Raven
10.John Cena
11.Kane
12.Chavo Guerrero
13.Randy Orton
14.Booker T
15.Chris Sabin
16.Big Show
17.JBL
18.Shelton Benjamin
19.Charlie Haas
20.Batista
21.RVD
22.Rey Mysterio
23.Chris Daniels
24.Chris Harris
25.William Regal
26.Rhyno
27.Lance Storm
28.Kurt Angle
29.Rene Dupree
30.Matt Hardy

I don't really have any idea after that.

LK
09-15-2004, 04:19 AM
Benoit
Jericho
AJ Styles
Christopher Daniels
Randy Orton
Kurt Angle
Cena
Paul London
Raven
Eddie Guerrero

Aussie Skier
09-15-2004, 05:18 AM
Living in Australia, I only watch WWE.
AND GUESS WHAT, I FUCKED UP! I ONLY DID IT FOR THIS YEAR
OH WELL...IT WAS FOR MY OWN BENEFIT JUST AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE'S. IF YOU DONT WANNA USE IT, NO PROB
So here are my choices:

1. Chris Benoit - Royal Rumble, World Champ for around 4 months (I think), and the most intense wrestler in the WWE. (RAW)
2. John Cena - I used to find him so annoying. Now tho, with his US title run, his amazing overness, he is holding up smackdown. (SMACKDOWN)
3. Randy Orton - Who the hell is Randy Orton is what I presume quite a few people were saying about 12-18 months ago. Future superstar of the company. Disagreed with him both loosing the belt at Unforgiven, but also getting the belt at Summerslam. I think Orton could ahve been great going into survivor series with the IC title, and winning the world title as well. (RAW)
4. Eddie Guerrero - Has had a brilliant year! Champ for 4 odd months, winner of the smackdwon Royal Rumble. However, the stress he has been feeling has been somewhat of a downfall...and might work against him on future pushes. (SMACKDOWN)
5. Triple H - Is probably still the greatest all round performer in the WWE. Worked well with Eugene, had a top feud with Michaels (altho the HIAC was average), and now has the belt (altho i'm not convinced its right on him at the moment.) (RAW)
6. Shawn Michaels - Good solid year. Good feud with triple H, and good matches with Benoit. Nothing brilliant as yet though. (RAW)
7. John Bradshaw Layfield - Love the character. Unsure about him being champ, and for that, he is behind HBK. If he was holding the US title, and not the WWE championship atm, I probably could have put him at 5. (SMACKDOWN)
8. Trish Stratus - Brilliant work earlier in the year with Jericho (although I couldnt stand watching it!) Then a fantastic heel turn, great feud with Jericho, great chemistry with christian, and made tyson look ok (until unforgiven). Would ahve been higher had it not been for her broken wrist. This really made the women's championship suffer. and why did they strip edge and not Trish! You cant have a champ with a broken hand! if she had been stripped of the title. or had lost it, could have got to 7 or 6. (RAW)
9. Kane - Seems to have really got some charisma. Has been dogged by crappy angles and a bunch of losses, and yet, still looks formidable. Hopefully he can get a mega-push soon! (RAW)
10. Chavo Guerrero - 2 great feuds, with eddie and Rey, and started a good one with noble against the shooting stars. Pity his push has kinda subsided, esspecially with his lost to jackie :nono: Anwyay, he has cool music! (SMACKDOWN)
11. Sylvain Grenier - I have really enjoyed him! love his singing, he's :y: in the ring. Probably the slightly more flamboyant of the la resistance duo. (RAW)
12. Rey Mysterio - Good, consistent year. Has mixed with the big boys really well, and has given the cruiserweight title some really good recognition. (SMACKDOWN)
13. Eugene - He was great early. That stuff with La resistance, Coach and regal was brilliant. And was great at backlash. Is a fantastic wrestler! Then, his upper midcard, main event push came along :nono: This has destroyed him. (RAW)
14. Luther Reigns - Came from no where! he looks good though. And is a good talker. Being with Angle helped as well :D (SMACKDOWN)
15. Rene Dupree - Push him again. Would ahve been great to have a frenchman as the US champ. Great performer, great future. and i nthe house show, i touched his arm :D (SMACKDOWN)
16. Kurt Angle - good start to the year. Then the injury. was great that he hung around! Kurt's the man. I enjoyed his GM character quite a lot. But it just wasnt the same as having the best wrestler in the WWE (equal with Benoit) in the ring. (SMACKDOWN)
17. Batista - Won the tag title, and then lost it. Was jobbing for months and months. Now, after an IC shot, is looking more and more polished. I'm really digging Batista now! (RAW)
18. Chris Jericho - People might be surprised at where i've put Jericho. He's been good, but nothing outstanding. It's not his fault tho! But he justhasnt been given much to work with. Hopefully the ICtitle and taboo Tuesday will change all that! (RAW)
19. Spike Dudley - I dunno about the heel turn...he was getting such great face pops. Since moving to Smackdown, he was slow to start off, but is now looking really good! Like i said tho, spike as a heel...i'm not so sure.
20. Rico - Really unfortunate injury. Is a hilarious character, and a decent wrestler. If he hadnt been injured, I reckon he might have made top 10! (SMACKDOWN)
21. Shelton Benjamin - The injury bug!!!! Had he not got injured, i reckon he could ahve taken Randy's title! If that was the case...top 10 i bet! (RAW)
22. Ric Flair - WOOOO. Good solid year. Not too much wrestling, and has made Batista look better and better! Flair is awesome, his matches are still great. why outside the 20 tho? should be wrestling even less than he is IMO. (RAW)
23. Christian - Christian is the man! After wrestlemania, I could have seen a feud with Benoit transpiring possibly! Instead, he got injured. Obviously not his fault, but makes it hard to judge him! Hopefully now he can have a good end to the year! (RAW)
24. Undertaker - Entrances have been great! Havent really enjoyed his wrestling though. Indifferent about him winning the title, would give it more prestige, but maybe also more zzzzzzz's. (SMACKDOWN)
25. Robbaire Conway - Good year. Is looking like a really good future superstar! I was against his gimmick early on, but now, its growing on me. Just PLZZZ call him Robbaire...adds more to his character! (RAW)
26. Victoria - Good year so far. geogeous gal, top wrestler. Hope she can get the title back soon though. (RAW)
27. Bubba Ray Dudley - Didn't like his feud with Flair and Batista much. Going to smackdown has helped tho, as well as a heel turn and a main event. Is definatly the better half of the Dudley Boyz IMO. (SMACKDOWN.)
28. Booker T - I was really down on his character early on, and although Booker is one of my top 5 favourite wrestlers, I just cant give him a higher spot because his character was just so awful. (SMACKDOWN)
29. Edge - Coming back from injury, and after all that time...he STILL had now direction. Pick up your game WWE, Edge could be a major draw! Persoanlly, was unfortunate that he took the title from Orton. Would ahve rathered someone more over. Unfortunate injury too. Does a good impression of howard finkel, that works in his favour! (RAW)
30. Charlie Haas - Good solid year. Is developing slower than Shelton Benjamin, but has had more gold than him this year. Is a really good wrestler, and I hope he gets the push he so richly deserves! Has showed he can get heel heat and face heat, and is a good worker. Now, just needs a decent push. (SMACKDOWN)

People missing out;
D'Von Dudley, Paul London, Billy Kidman, Kenzo Suzuki, Mordecai, Hardcore Holly, Billy Gunn, William Regal :'( (i tried), Matt Hardy, Big Show, Tajiri, Lita (horrible angle), Brock Lesner

For my own benefit, i'm gonna score up raw and smackdown (1=30, etc...)
RAW: 236
SMACKDOWN: 203

There we go

Tornado
09-15-2004, 10:24 AM
1. Eddie Guerrero (Great year)
2. Chris Benoit (see above)
3. Chris Jericho (can't flaw the guy)
4. Christain (I'm a peep)
5. John Cena (shown a lot of improvement and untapped potential)
6. Rey Mysterio (always puts on a good match)
7. Kurt Angle (hasn't done much thsi year, but still the man)
8. HBK (shown that he still has a spark)
9. JBL (he has potrayed his persona perfectly)
10. HHH (one of his better years since the quad tear)

Blue Demon
09-15-2004, 11:16 AM
1- Chris Benoit
2- Kane
3- Eddie Gurrerro
4- Chris Jericho
5- John Cena
6- Kurt Angle
7- Randy Orton
8- Rhyno
9- William Regal
10- Christian
11-Tajiri
12- Rey Mysterio
13- Undertaker

Mike the Metal Ed
09-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
John Cena
AJ Styles
Randy Orton
Shawn Michaels
The Undertaker
John Bradshaw Layfield
Kurt Angle
Triple H

Honourable mentions go out to Eugene, William Regal and Raven.

Cruiserweight 3:16
09-15-2004, 12:20 PM
1. Eddie Guerrero
2. Chris Benoit
3. Randy Orton
4. Kane
5. John Cena
6. Brock Lesnar
7. Kurt Angle
8. Chris Jericho
9. Big Show
10. HHH
11. JBL
12. HBK
13. Undertaker
14. Edge
15. Batista
16. Eugene
17. Ric Flair
18. Christian
19. Rey Mysterio
20. Booker T

mitch_h
09-15-2004, 12:35 PM
I was going to try and miss match indy talent with WWE talent but I would probably end up doing like 250 wrestlers. So here is my list of just indy and TNA talent.

1. Bryan Danielson
2. AJ Styles
3. Samoa Joe
4. CM Punk
5.Christopher Daniels
6. Low Ki
7. Homicide
8. Jay Briscoe
9. Alex Shelley
10. Austin Aries
11. Chris Sabin
12. Doug Williams
13. Mark Briscoe
14. Colt Cabana
15. Matt Stryker
16. BJ Whitmer
17. John Walters
18. Nigel McGuinness
19. Roderick Strong
20. Jay Lethal
21. Teddy Hart
22. Jack Evans
23. Super Dragon
24. Steve Corino
25. Spanky
26. Raven
27. Dan Maff
28. Jimmy Rave
29. Chris Hero
30. B-Boy
31. Ricky Reyes
32. Xavier
33. Izzy
34. Deranged
35. The Amazing Red
36. Jerry Lynn
37. Michael Shane
38. Rocky Romero
39. Matt Sydal
40. Delirious
41. Sonjay Dutt
42. Petey Williams
43. Hector Garza
44. Bobby Quance
45. Mike Quakenbush
46. Jimmy Jacobs
47. Dunn
48. Marcos
49. Ace Steel
50. Frankie Kazarian

Shaggy
09-15-2004, 12:53 PM
There is an Indy wrestler who wrestles for a little brand over in Humble Texas who has made the list before. I dont think he made it last time. I hope he makes it this time now that I know the guy.

BigDaddyCool
09-15-2004, 12:53 PM
You are still all wrong, Christian is the top wrestler in the world.

Rob
09-15-2004, 12:57 PM
DVDVR 500 does a better list than PWI and gets buried all the time. A TPWW top 500 would get laughed at so hard that this site would have to shut down just to save any further embarrassment.

BigDaddyCool
09-15-2004, 12:59 PM
DVDVR 500 does a better list than PWI and gets buried all the time. A TPWW top 500 would get laughed at so hard that this site would have to shut down just to save any further embarrassment.

You mean people respect us now?

Kapoutman
09-15-2004, 01:28 PM
You mean people respect us now?
I thought they stopped respecting us since 2001.

Loose Cannon
09-15-2004, 02:15 PM
I didn't know TPWW was ever respected.

Innovator
09-15-2004, 02:21 PM
in the idiots guide to pro wrestling, we're listed as one of the top sites

DaveWadding
09-15-2004, 10:01 PM
also, there was a DirecTV commercial

loopydate
09-15-2004, 10:04 PM
What?

loopydate
09-15-2004, 10:10 PM
I know it's not likely, but does anyone know who the members of Delta Force are? I'm looking at WWC results, and it doesn't say who the individual members of the team are, it just says that Delta Force won a tag team match.

Mike the Metal Ed
09-15-2004, 10:25 PM
in the idiots guide to pro wrestling, we're listed as one of the top sites

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Pro Wrestling thought the Rock was called "Rocky Melvin."

King Jericho
09-16-2004, 01:50 PM
1: <b>Eddie Guerrero</b> - Finally gets the push and title run he deserved, despite the bad house show sales etc, Eddie deserves to be here at number 1, as he matches have been the best around in the time period.

2: <b>Christian</b> - Despite a rocky start to his singles career, he now = the man, with a singles push he needed and deserved, he is now one of the top RAW guys. Also one of my favourite guys, his ring work has been phoenominal over the period, in my opinion is the run for a World Title push by next year.

3: <b>Chris Benoit</b> - *See Guerrero* Always at the Worl Title level, its a pity that it wasn't sooner.

4: <b>Kane</b> - Was never ever a fan of the man, until that is, he lost the mask. Now I'm loving him most of the time. Great year for Kane.

5: <b>Shawn Michaels</b> - I've made this point before and will make it again, Shawn in this '2nd half' of his career is now only 'Shawn Michaels' whereas he used to be 'HBK'. Despite something just not right about Michaels, he can still pull a good match out of anyone, simply one of the best.

6: <b>Kurt Angle</b> - Always the man, his matches are always of the highest quality.

7: <b>Chris Jericho</b> - My favourite of all time, hes not higher as because of poor booking, hes not had much to do...ie: Titles. Matches with CLB have been some of the best all year.

8: <b>AJ Styles</b> - A absolutely awesome performer, needs a little work on the mic work and he would be an alltime great.

9: <b>Randy Orton</b> - One of the top guys this year. Proved he wasn't just a bunch of hype.

10: <b>JBL</b> - When he first won the title I was pissed off, but the gimmick has grown on me....ALOT, and i'm loving him now.

11: <b>Edge</b> - Has been getting some stick recently, but hes been good. Can be a hell of a lot better in my opinion but still deserves a mention.

12: <b>Booker T</b> - He was stale as a face, needed to turn, and since he has, his character has impressed. Also his usual standard ring work and impressed me more as of late.

13: <b>Rene Dupree</b> - Young and ver talented, needs a push as US champ pretty soon. Good ring and mic work.

14: <b>RVD</b> - Needs to be here, even though hasn't (and needs) a push sometime very soon. Needs to be here cos hes the man btw.

15: <b>Charlie Haas</b> - When in a tag team with Shelton, he always impressed me more than Shelton. He seemed to have an intensity about him, which he needs back.

16: <b>Shelton Benjamin</b> - Had a good push. Shame about the injury.

17: <b>John Cena</b> - Its all about the gimmick, and really hasnt done much match wise. But ill put him here anyways.

18: <b>Psychosis</b> - Top Cruiser of all time.

19: <b>Rey</b> - Hasn't had much to work with, but still an awesome guy, who gets the crowd popping and has top notch matches.

20: <b>Matt Hardy</b> - V.1ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Heres some guys from the US/UK wrestling scene that are worth a mention:

Tex Benedict - Awesome guy and a great all round performer.
Paul London - Mushroom drop :love:
Alex Steele - UK scence young talent.
The 'Anarchist' Doug Williams - Top of the UK scence.
Christopher Daniles
Triple H - Hes kinda gotta be there, cos apart from his non-jobbing ability, his ring work is good (sometimes.)
Van Wicked - New guy in the UK scence.
Jerry Lynn.
Amazing Red.
5 Star Flash.

Tornado
09-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Alex Steele - UK scence young talent.

Dunno about anyone else, but I think this guy is awesome...

http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/shifty.gif

JJ Moore
09-16-2004, 01:56 PM
lol at kj

Alex Steele :shifty:

Mister Sinister
09-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Jesus...this is something hard to do, maybe I should just focus on doing a list of 10 or 20, instead of 50,100,150

King Jericho
09-16-2004, 03:12 PM
'You guys are Dicks'....'I'll give you something to cry aboot'

:mad:

McLegend
09-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Heres my 5

Chris Benoit
Randy Orton
Eddie Guerrero
John Cena
Shelton

The New F'n Show
09-16-2004, 09:20 PM
1. Chris Benoit
2. Eddie Guerrero
3. Randy Orton
4. A.J. Styles
5. Christian
6. Chris Jericho
7. Jerry Lynn
8. ?Takeo? Kawada
9. Kurt Angle
10. Jeff Jarrett
11. Low Ki
12. Christopher Daniels
13. John Cena
14. Rey Mysterio, Jr.
15. Michael Shane
16. Shawn Michaels
17. Frankie Kazarian
18. Raven
19. Chavo Guerrero, Jr.
20. Paul London
21. Shelton Benjamin
22. Petey Williams
23. Sabu
24. Tajiri
25. Rob Van Dam
26. Charlie Haas
27. Samoa Joe
28. Billy Kidman
29. Jeff Hardy
30. Hector Garza
31. Keiji Muto
32. Jamie Noble
33. La Parka
34. Teddy Hart
35. Shannon Moore
36. Rhyno
37. Triple H
38. Chris Harris
39. Shane Douglas
40. Kid Kash
41. Chris Sabin
42. Ric Flair
43. Pat Kenney / Simon Diamond
44. Matt Hardy
45. Yuji Nagata
46. Eugene
47. Masato Tanaka
48. Juventud Guerrera
49. Lance Storm
50. Steven Richards

MVP
09-16-2004, 11:30 PM
I know I promised I wouldn't post until my 5000 post thread, but I don't want to miss participating in this.

1. Eddie Guerrero
2. Chris Benoit
3. John Cena
4. AJ Styles
5. Christian
6. Randy Orton
7. Chris Jericho
8. Christopher Daniels
9. Kurt Angle
10. Raven
11. Brock Lesnar
12. Chris Sabin
13. John Bradshaw Layfield
14. Rey Mysterio
15. RVD
16. Kane
17. Big Show
18. Frankie Kazarian
19. Shawn Michaels
20. Ron Killings
21. Tajiri
22. Paul London
23. Samoa Joe
24. Jeff Jarrett
25. Booker T
26. Shelton Benjamin
27. Amazing Red
28. Low-Ki
29. Chavo Guerrero Jr
30. Chris Harris
31. Sonjay Dutt
32. Undertaker
33. Charlie Haas
34. Bryan Danielson
35. Jason Cross
36. Triple H
37. Kid Kash
38. Matt Hardy
39. James Storm
40. Elix Skipper
41. Hurricane
42. Sean O'Haire
43. Brian Kendrick
44. Sonjay Dutt
45. CM Punk
46. Hector Garza
47. D-Lo Brown
48. Rhyno
49. Konnan
50. Julio Dinero

Mister Sinister
09-17-2004, 02:29 AM
1. Chris Benoit
2. Eddie Guerrero
3. Randy Orton
4. A.J Styles
5. Raven
6. Triple H
7. John Cena
8. Booker T
9. Rob Van Dam
10. Somoa Joe
11. Chris Jericho
12. Chris Harris
13. John Bradshaw Leyfield
14. The Undertaker
15. Kane
16. Kurt Angle
17. Brock Lesnar
18. CM Punk
19. Low Ki
20. Chris Sabin
21. Frankie Karizian
22. Abyss
23. Goldberg
24. Christian
25. Jeff Jarrett
26. Ron Killings
27. Ric Flair
28. Dave Batistia
29. Chavo Guerrero Jr.
30. Teddy Hart
31. Monty Brown
32. Big Show
33. Edge
34. Rey Mysterio Jr.
35. Michael Shane
36. Shawn Michaels
37. Petey Williams
38. Jerry Lynn
39. SonJay Dutt
40. Elix Skipper
41. Christopher Daniels
42. Julio Dinero
43. Bob Sapp
44. Rene Dupree
45. Matt Hardy
46. The Hurricane
47. Eugene
48. Great Muta (Was Too Lazy to look up his real name that he uses)
49. Paul London
50. Shannon Moore
Like I said Before, It's kinda hard putting together a list on short notice

loopydate
09-17-2004, 01:15 PM
For everybody that's feeling rushed, don't worry about it. I won't be collecting people's lists until at least the end of next week, so feel free to take as much time as you need...until the end of next week.

loopydate
09-19-2004, 05:48 PM
I'm doing mine promotion by promotion, then I'm going to combine them. Just to keep this thread alive, here's my WWE Top 15 from the September 23, 2003 to today.

1) Chris Benoit
2) Randy Orton
3) Triple H
4) Goldberg
5) Eddie Guerrero
6) Brock Lesnar
7) John Bradshaw Layfield
8) John Cena
9) Edge
10) Christian
11) Chris Jericho
12) Booker T
13) Rob Van Dam
14) Big Show
15) Rey Mysterio

Evil Vito
09-24-2004, 11:23 PM
<font color=goldenrod>1. Chris Jericho
2. Eddie Guerrero
3. Chris Benoit
4. Randy Orton
5. Triple H
6. Goldberg
7. Brock Lesnar
8. John Cena
9. Christian
10. Booker T
11. Rob Van Dam
12. Big Show
13. Kane
14. The Undertaker
15. Shawn Michaels
16. John Bradshaw Layfield
17. Shelton Benjamin
18. Eugene
19. Edge
20. Rey Mysterio
21. William Regal
22. Rene Dupree</font>

loopydate
09-27-2004, 07:56 PM
I think this can probably be unstickied.

I'm still working on my list, but it seems like most of the people who were going to put theirs up have already done so.