PDA

View Full Version : Eddie vs. Kurt, for Real

Innovator
09-15-2004, 04:38 PM
GUERRERO AND ANGLE GET INTO FIGHT BACKSTAGE AT SMACKDOWN
by Dave Scherer @ 2:08:00 PM on 9/15/2004

Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero got into an altercation backstage at Smackdown last night after the final segment of the show. As they came through the curtain, they exchanged words, loudly, in front of everyone at the Gorilla position. It quickly escalated from verbal to physical.

The word was that Angle grabbed Eddie in a face lock and took him down to the ground, incapacitating him, before being pulled off by Johnny Ace and some of the agents. Then, they apparently got into it again further in the back before getting broken up again. From what I was told, Vince McMahon talked to both men about the incident before leaving the building.

The rumor making the rounds was that Eddie missed his cue in the final segment, which made Kurt’s character look weak. Given the fact that Eddie hasn’t been himself lately, with some people thinking he hasn’t fully recovered from his recent concussion, the story I heard is that Angle grew frustrated and told Eddie to basically get his head in the game, and it escalated from there.

credit: PWInsider.com

Corkscrewed
09-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Whoa, that's kinda weird, as both guys are pretty classy athletes. I'm starting to wonder if Eddie really should take a break or something. All this stress and stuff really hurts him... I wish he'd just realize he wasn't to blame. Hopefully they can put this behind them.

Savio
09-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Fire them both and undertaker and big show and give holly the title

Splaya
09-15-2004, 04:49 PM
We're trying to save WWE not put it under forever.

Innovator
09-15-2004, 04:52 PM
and you call yourself the Savior

Mister Sinister
09-15-2004, 05:09 PM
This is the way I see things.

I love both Athlete since they are both great wrestlers, however I beleive Eddie is in need of time off, he has been working thru Injuries and is having personal problems that should be dealt with, thee's nothing wrong with that, he's been under alot of stress, Vince is very aware of this and is proberly planning on doing something to get Eddie some time off..

Angle on the other hand is a respected name backstage and is considered the Smackdown Leader, along with The Undertaker, however Angle actions as of late have been suprising, I mean, him and taker both trying to hug the Main Event Spotlight even Angle by putting off fueds, I admit they are both worthy since they are over with the crowds, It just may be me, but Angle, Ego seems to be changing slowly, because he is after all a leader and such, but more then likely, i'm wrong

Innovator
09-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Angle needs to remember when he was busy playing Lex Luther contemplating whether or not to get surgery, Eddie was carrying Smackdown.

SOMEBODY GET EDDIE A FUCKING CHIROPRACTOR

ColdwaVer
09-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Angle was way out of line.
Eddie needs some time off.

Rain Man
09-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Angle grabbing Eddie in the face? what a dick, just because Angle's character is weak now don't mean he needs to grabs a cripples face

Mayo
09-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Angle has to check his ego at the door, and stay as the professional that he's known as. He and Eddie are two of the best on Smackdown, and there is no need for this negative attitude on an already struggling Smackdown show.

LK
09-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Never thought I would say this but Kurt was in the wrong there. With all the problems Eddie is having at the moment this is the last thing he needs whe the leader tells him he needs to get himself together and then takes him out. Eddie needs to get some time off to relieve some stress and help heal up the injuries that he must still be carrying. I just fear that taking him off the road might worsen the situation.

Head
09-15-2004, 07:18 PM
It's okay, they're allowed to do that, being the best wrestlers in the company puts them above the rules, and makes them better people than everyone else.

Shaggy
09-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Thats crazy...both of these people are great athletes and I know that they have been through alot together. But still they should know better than to do this in the back. Even though Eddie screwed it up....so it says...that doesnt mean Angle can just get pissed at him. Sure it was his fault but Angle needs to realize what Eddie just went through. Maybe this is a sign that Eddie needs to take some time off.

RemyRed
09-15-2004, 08:20 PM
:nono: I think Eddie might be getting his release soon. Not that I want that to happen but I just have a feeling they're gonna let him go.

Rain Man
09-15-2004, 08:22 PM
:nono: I think Eddie might be getting his release soon. Not that I want that to happen but I just have a feeling they're gonna let him go.

The WWE would be crazy to do that, if anything just a long break.

RemyRed
09-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Yeah maybe I'm jumping the gun, maybe they'll just force him to take some time off and clear his head.

Innovator
09-15-2004, 08:29 PM
This is getting real ugly with Eddie, I pray for his sake he doesn't turn back to addiction, he's gone through too much

KayfabeMan
09-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Maybe Eddie should head over to TNA and Japan, etc.. where he can instantly be a headliner, and would have no problems carrying a company. He'd also make mucho $ back in Mexico, and would do well heading to Puerto Rico too. Not really realistic,but just a thought nonetheless.

Also, Angle needs to get HIS shit together. I've always hated that excuse in this BS land we call a business nowadays - "(name) made / makes my character look weak".

FUCK THAT. You play a part like anyone else does, it's exactly that - a character. If Eddie had done something on purpose to undermine the effectiveness of Angle's job and the role he plays - fine. But it wasn't intentional, and Angle needs to remember that it is a show. Five minutes from when it happens people are more concerned on the fact of what will happen next, not what already happened. Grow up.

Mr. Marcus
09-15-2004, 10:50 PM
For what it's worth...

I think what Angle did is something that Eddie may have needed. I'm an Eddie fan, but the man does have a history of ignoring his weaknesses and problems. Eddie needs to rest, he has had an amazing past 18 months and he does deserve a break. I don't think anything negative will come out of this fight, Eddie needs to come to terms with himself sooner or later.

Savio
09-15-2004, 11:27 PM
Hey whens wednesday warfare coming up?
-------------------------------------
Any ways if angle gets the title now I would be shocked. I mean after last nights show he's been looking real weak he probably doesn't even draw anymore. He should be released but who knows.

ColdwaVer
09-16-2004, 12:10 AM

I doubt it, given everything they've invested in him I think they'll be more likely to work with him.

Kapoutman
09-16-2004, 04:29 AM
Why do people always say that Eddie might be getting back to addictions? Why can't the guy just be stressed? Give him a break.

Yes, Eddie needs some time off, and he deserves it. People(including me) will love him just as much once he comes back. The guy has been Smackdown's workhorse for over a year. Of course he's gonna get tired and stressed.

Excellance of Execution
09-16-2004, 08:45 AM
I'm not condoning what either person did in this situation, but why is everyone so easy to place the blame on Kurt? Let's not forget, that when people miss their spots, they are risking injury to their opponent. I'd be pissed to, if my opponent didn't have his head in the match. This is a business and you are only as good as your opponent makes you. If you don't look good because of your opponent, then that means it less money you draw and earn.

Gerard
09-16-2004, 10:35 AM
Angle grabbing Eddie in the face? what a dick, just because Angle's character is weak now don't mean he needs to grabs a cripples face

w.....t....f :wtf:

Rob
09-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Angle needs to remember when he was busy playing Lex Luther contemplating whether or not to get surgery, Eddie was carrying Smackdown.

SOMEBODY GET EDDIE A FUCKING CHIROPRACTOR

Amen to that.

Don't give a fu</>ck what anyone says, Eddie Guerrero is the man.

Sephiroth
09-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Angle was way out of line.
Eddie needs some time off.

The CyNick
09-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Its hard to judge right and wrong since I wasn't there (neither were any of you BTW). But I think this is a case of the downturn in business, which ios more noticeable on SD bubbling over. Everyone is on edge, and any little thing might set people off.

In all likelyhhood, both guys could have acted more professionally, but didn't.

McLegend
09-16-2004, 09:07 PM
What did Guerrero do to make Angle look weak?

Innovator
09-16-2004, 09:20 PM
read the thread

McLegend
09-16-2004, 09:48 PM
I did read the thread it just says Eddie missed the cue in the final segment. I just wanted to know what the cue was. I guess no one knows what the cue was that Eddie missed, because someone would of mentioned it before I posted the 1st time.

That does suck for Eddie. He's the most fun to watch on Smackdown.

BasicThuganomics
09-16-2004, 11:25 PM
yeah what is the cue that was missed? and how did it make angle look weak other than the way his character normally acts?

Mister Sinister
09-17-2004, 05:07 PM
I didn't see anything that made Angle look weak in the Segment, and I can't really see anything that could of been edited out that did so either...So Maybe Kurt is really being a dick, but I can't say for sure, Either way, I beleive he over-reacted

Rob
09-17-2004, 05:10 PM
He wants to be complaining how he has been booked for the past two years. I'd hardly call it strong.