PDA

View Full Version : Leslie Neilsen

I-Hate-You
09-17-2004, 10:16 AM
I wasn't watching WWF in 1994 when he showed up in the World Wrestling Federation, and I know he was hired to find The Undertaker, but here's my question.

What kind of skits did he do for the show (I know, find The Undertaker, but hopefully you know what I mean)?
Did he say anything funny?

I just want to learn more about this.

KayfabeMan
09-17-2004, 11:46 AM
They would do Naked Gun spoof type skits, except they'd make them silly half drama / half comedy mixes. Leslie was playing a detective trying to track down The 'Taker,and he'd go around looking for him - yet Undertaker would be right behind him the whole time.

You'd basically see The 'Taker's shadow in the background, or him off in the distance walking by type of deal, and Leslie was so "clueless" that he had no idea. For ex., in one skit, Leslie was "hard at work" at his detective desk, and there's a knock at the door - they move to the door, where through the frosted glass you can see the outline / shadow of The Undertaker, and he goes (in his Undertaker voice) "PIZZA" and then Leslie says something to the effect of "leave it on the desk for me", and bends down to pick something up.

Then you see Taker's arm putting a pizza down on the desk, and quickly he leaves, and Leslie goes like "Boy it's cold in here". Basically the skits were over the top silly, but not really funny.

JJ Moore
09-17-2004, 01:41 PM
it would be great if they did that again, leslie rules :cool:

Gouda
09-17-2004, 03:51 PM
Heh. I remember this now. I think on one of the wrestling videotapes I have.... Some Survivor Series possibly it shows some of the Leslie Neilson stuff. I'll have to go check it out again.

I-Hate-You
09-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Sounds like something you would laugh at, only not out loud, inside your head.