PDA

View Full Version : Skindred

Ninti the Mad
09-17-2004, 10:21 AM
Man, it took me awhile to get used to the sound of their single but it's awesome.

Reggae and Metal = :drool:

Although, it kinda has some latin rythmn in it too.

Skindred - Nobody

I'll probably dl their cd and see if it's nay good before I make any haste desicions though.

The Destroyer
09-17-2004, 11:34 AM
They need to stop trying to crack America and get their arses back to Wales so they can work on a proper second album.

Check out the band Dub War too, they're effectively the same band with the exception of the bassist. Although I'm not sure how similar they sound, but I know the basic concept is the same...

Funky Fly
09-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Reggae and metal sounds interesting. They have the most retarded band name ever, though.

The Destroyer
09-17-2004, 04:09 PM
They're Welsh, go easy on them. :p

And just for reference, their singer (Benji Webbe) appeared on a track or two on Soulfly's first album...

Danny Electric
09-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Skindred are cool, I remember when they just toured loads around the UK.I've got a couple of tracks somewhere.

Ska-Wars
09-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Yeah I got a couple of tracks knocking around on my computer, I was really impressed. 'Babylon' is awesome.

DegenerationY
09-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I've been listening to them a lot lately. I'm really digging their stuff. I've still only heard a handfull of songs though, I need to pick their cd up.

Gonna do that tomorrow :cool:

Great fusion of genres though. They actually do it right.