PDA

View Full Version : Why the internet writers and some fans trying to run TNA?

Shawn Mega
09-22-2004, 11:51 AM
It seems like on every site, the writers keep writing what TNA should do to improve. I don't mind their comments but they say it all the time. When will websites understand that no one in charge will listen to them?

They been critizing TNA from day one. They always say TNA better improve or they will go out of business. TNA must be doing something right because they got a national tv deal with Impact. XPlosion is seen in alot of places. They also doing monthly ppvs. Alot of wrestling companies wish they were in TNA position.

I just read the Impact spoilers from a certain website, the guy said he enjoy the show but still complaining on how TNA should booked their shows. If he enjoy the show and matches, why is he still complaining? Everybody got free speech but it's still stupid to complain about a show you enjoy.

I hate when people say that if TNA want too compete with WWE they need to do this and that. TNA is not trying to compete with WWE right now. TNA is just doing their own thing. They want TNA to become WCW but TNA don't want to be like WCW.

Tod Gordon from his ECW fame always bashed TNA and the Jarrett's. I think he is mad because ECW is out of business and will never comeback.

They always trying to compare TNA to ROH. They always talking about how TNA should put on matches like ROH. I'm sure if ROH had a 1 hour tv deal, they would have some short and squash matches as well. It's not that easy to booked a 1 hour show and expect to have blow away matches every show, it's not that simple.

It seems like these internet writers is so negative that they afraid of wrestling getting bigger. If you notice, more and more internet fans is becoming like the writers. It's like the writers put some voodoo on these guys. I complain sometimes but not about the current product that much. There are guys in just about every forum who complain about the product 90% of the time. I get criticize some times for defending a certain wrestler(Luger) or match.

It's a shame that some fans can only see WWE and TNA on tv. We got all this Extreme Sports,Poker and even bowling on tv but only a small dose of wrestling. I wish we had more wrestling on national tv. ESPN got shows that people don't watch like Billards or Table Tennis, how about pro wrestling?

Hardkore Kidd J
09-22-2004, 12:09 PM
You know Shawn you are absoloutely right. You make a very valid point. Everybody is trying to put TNA in competition with WWE but TNA/NWA is not trying to do that. They're just doing their thing if anyone has a right to complain it's me I don't even get FSN[the channel Impact is on] :rant: SO if you like NWA stop bitching about improving it.

The CyNick
09-22-2004, 11:16 PM
I dont know what constitutes an "internet writer", but the facts are the facts. TNA is backed by a large company who has been sold on the idea that TNA be able to make money for the company. Up till now that has not happened, and there is no evidence it will happen in the future.

TNA doesn't "draw" any fans to their TV tapings because the shows in Orlando are freebies, and even though some of the tix in Nashville used to be sold, the vast majority of the crowd was made up of comps.

Their penetration on PPV has been almost non existant, and again they dont turn a profit, so its not like you can say its working.

Yes they do have a TV deal, and I guess thats good, but at the same time, its on a lousy channel, at a lousy time, and they have to pay for the time themselves. They haven't been able to increase their fanbase by any susbstantial numbers, so there's no real evidence the TV is doing much for the bottom line either.

Now they are going to try to run 3 hour PPVs. Thats a better idea than doing weekly PPVs, but the fact is nobody will pay for a PPV or support a promotion with Jeff Jarrett as the focal point.

I'm not one of these people who wants TNA to become competition for the WWE, because even in their wildest dreams, thats an unreachable goal at this point, given their situation.

The bottom line is that at any point the TNA backers could drop out and get sick of losing money month after month and year after year, and at that point TNA will be finished. I mean you can call them a success because they are still aorund, but anyone can run a company that loses money every year, if thats a success, well I'd hate to see what a failure is.

Loose Cannon
09-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Funny you mentioned ECW up there as they were comparing those two breifly in the Observer.

Can't really blame people for complaining as the product is piss poor right now with both companies. TNA hasn't done anything really to get itself noticed and hasn't had one breakout star yet that the audience, other then TNA's audience, is craving for. And nobody better say "What about AJ Styles?"

CyNick pretty much summed up everything though. TNA isn't making money and they aren't really getting anybody on the map. It's like a stand still over there. Kind of like Smackdown. It's like nobody is going anywhere. They push a guy, then Jarrett beats him. They don't have 1 strong babyface on that show. Look, Styles is great, but he's not the guy that's going to carry that company as a top babyface.

Loose Cannon
09-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Also I love wrestling and have been a fan for like 16 years and I can't even sit down and watch Impact. Now if you can't even get me to watch your product, how are you going to bring in new fans?

Savio
09-22-2004, 11:31 PM
....with hardcore sex.

ColdwaVer
09-23-2004, 11:40 AM
...the fact is nobody will pay for a PPV or support a promotion with Jeff Jarrett as the focal point.

And until they change that point, there's really no point in pointing out what other mistakes they're making.

Evolution
09-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Great point Shawn. I'd rep you, but I must spread etc.

Internet writers do get on my nerves. Even here at TPWW it doesn't seem like a month goes by without someone starting a thread "What are WWE doing wrong" or "What TNA should do with Jarrett" or something.

The fact is, while it shows you have a creative mind, you're not helping the company by posting these things. Insiders of pro-wrestling (and by that I mean actual personnel at NWA/WWE) don't visit this kind of site. They see them as a "plague of the industry" and all the sites do is give away storylines, matches and signings/firings.

The Insiders know these things already, so they don't need to look them up and so will never come across your well-planned storyline. The only way you could get someone like McMahon to read it is post it to Titan Towers in Stamford, Conneticut. But Kayfabe seems to be back in effect (just thinking of Undertaker and Cena against dress code) so by using your idea, they are breaking Kayfabe.

So, if there are any writers reading this, unless it is purely for an "I had this idea what do you think of it?" kind of thread, stop posting them please.

You don't know how long I've wanted to say that. Thanks for the opportunity Shawn.

tazmaster
09-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Well remember, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

There is a large group of people that believe that WWE needs competition in order to produce quality programming, and in general, for the industry to grow. WWE programming has, arguably, had it's best creative moments when it was in competition with other products.

Back in the days of the WCW WWF feud, we fans had 5 hours of programming on Mondays and 3-4 additional hours of programming on Thursdays. Many fans want desperately to have more than just RAW and Smackdown to enjoy each week.

Now, we all know that TNA has a long way to go before it can compete with WWE. However, they are the best hope out there at the moment. While they are not drawing fans or making a profit, they have the greatest potential... they are on the proverbial ledge. They need that push.

That's where all these "pundits" come in. You see them as complainers, but the argument could be made that these people are rooting for TNA. They certainly don't want TNA to fail. Doesn't that show that these people actually care if TNA becpmes a success? And isn't that a good thing for TNA? I think so. After all, people are complaining about WWE's product too, but that's because they care!

The CyNick
09-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Great point Shawn. I'd rep you, but I must spread etc.

Internet writers do get on my nerves. Even here at TPWW it doesn't seem like a month goes by without someone starting a thread "What are WWE doing wrong" or "What TNA should do with Jarrett" or something.

The fact is, while it shows you have a creative mind, you're not helping the company by posting these things. Insiders of pro-wrestling (and by that I mean actual personnel at NWA/WWE) don't visit this kind of site. They see them as a "plague of the industry" and all the sites do is give away storylines, matches and signings/firings.

The Insiders know these things already, so they don't need to look them up and so will never come across your well-planned storyline. The only way you could get someone like McMahon to read it is post it to Titan Towers in Stamford, Conneticut. But Kayfabe seems to be back in effect (just thinking of Undertaker and Cena against dress code) so by using your idea, they are breaking Kayfabe.

So, if there are any writers reading this, unless it is purely for an "I had this idea what do you think of it?" kind of thread, stop posting them please.

You don't know how long I've wanted to say that. Thanks for the opportunity Shawn.

I can only speak for myself, but I dont post ideas/opinions on here with the hope that Vince McMahon will read them. If I really wanted to work for the WWE I would apply for a job, I probably wouldn't get hired as a writer because I have no background in that field and I'm not a hack Hollywood wannabe writer. But thats my goal. I just come here and express my ideas and opinions for people to read over and discuss. I would rather see the WWE listen to people like Paul Heyman, Jim Cornette, Eric Bischoff, Mike Tenay or even a Dave Meltzer. These guys have relied on wrestling to feed their families so I'm sure they'd have better ideas than anything I or anyone else here could come up with (at least on a consistant basis).

But the funny thing is that the WWE totally plays up to the internet crowd. So many angles/promos are geared ONLY for the internet crowd, and 9 times out of 10 it doesn't work at all. Just ask Vince Russo.

ColdwaVer
09-23-2004, 11:05 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but when I write a suggestion for a storyline or an angle or a character or whatever, I'm not expecting anyone involved with WWE to see it and take notice. I'm not expecting to save WWE or any such thing by posting stuff on a message board, and anyone who thinks they're saving the product by ranting on the internet is an idiot. I make suggestions just to share my opinion with other wrestling fans, just to see what they think. I know very well that I can spend a week writing out what may be the best or worst wrestling idea ever, but it's not going to change anything. I'm just looking to spout some ideas amongst other wrestling fans. If I had a way to get my ideas into the attention of WWE writers, I'd take it, but as it stands they aren't really interested in the opinions of a suburban fat man with a DSL connection.