PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager Discussion

Ogen
09-23-2004, 09:12 AM
The latest game from the makes of Champ Manager is due out soon and the beta demo is released today at 3pm on www.sigames.com (http://www.sigames.com). Going to be a amazing game by the sounds of things and I urge all CM fans to check it ooout.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Football Manager 2005 is the new football management game from Sports Interactive and is set for release in Q4 2004. Here is a list of confirmed new features (check out the screenshots at the bottom of the page!)

Updated user interface

Football Manager’s user interface will look markedly different to anything that has come before. Navigation between screens will be easier, with each screen explaining what information is on offer and how to get to other, related information. Consistency between separate game elements will also be more noticeable than in previous football management games: operations such as player filtering and sorting will now work consistently throughout the game. The game’s look – which now includes a two-panel option – will also be easily customised, allowing managers to store their preferred views and to return quickly to them.

Refined game engine

Sports Interactive’s long-standing and award-winning game engine has been refined and tuned in accordance with the feedback received from fans of its previous games. For example, the new game incorporate more than 30 extra fields for player data, including the all-new new ‘preferred moves’.

Updated database and competition rules

As has always been the case with Sports Interactive’s management simulations, Football Manager 2005’s database and competition simulation will be as up-to-date and accurate as is humanly possible.

Pre- and post-match information

Managers will be presented with enhanced information before and after each match, to show team line-ups, injuries and tactics before the match, and lots of stats about the match afterwards.

International player news

For the first time, managers will receive information on international performances, allowing them follow their players’ careers and ascertain how they are performing at the highest level.

Cup summary news

Events which unfold in each round of all of the major cup competitions will be delivered to the manager in a news summary.

2D clips from agents

Managers are likely to receive ‘video clips’ (executed using the game’s acclaimed 2D match engine) of a player’s performances, sent to them by that player’s agent with view to a possible transfer.

Coach reports on squads

In addition to commenting on individual players, coaches will now offer their opinions on the squad as a whole, thus helping managers to decide which areas of their team need improvement.

Job centre for non-playing positions

Non-playing jobs will be advertised through an in-game ‘Job Centre’, improving the manager’s ability to hire coaches and other staff.

Mutual Contract termination

Managers will be able to offer surplus players an opportunity to agree mutual contract termination, which will reduce the cost of releasing players and trimming squads.

Enhanced player loan options

Managers can now approach other clubs to offer young players on loan, a process which will make it easier to give younger players competitive experience. Also, when players’ loan periods expire, the manager will have an opportunity to extend the loan (where appropriate).

Manager ‘mind games’

Managers can click on any other manager’s name and issue a comment to the media relating to that person. The effects of these comments will see an increase in the amount of pressure surrounding title races, relegation battles, Cup ties and so on. It will also be possible to use this feature in relation to your own players, other clubs, media pundits etc. (:cool:!)

Football Manager 2005 – Further Features

* Playable leagues in 43 countries.
* More than 140 playable senior divisions and in excess of 100 playable cup competitions.
* Reserve and junior league competitions.
* More than 235,000 players and staff (from 145 different countries) with players boasting more than 120 separate attributes and non-playing staff boasting 40.
* A database of more than 14,000 clubs, 3,000 of which can be managed.
* Data supplied by a network of more than 2,500 researchers from around the world.
* Updated 2D ‘top-down’ match engine.
* Improved ‘radio commentary’.
* Increased interaction with the media.
* Reworked injury system.
* Improved scouting system.
* Improved finance module to reflect the changing face of football.
* Comments when negotiating with human managers (network multi-player game only).
* Inclusion of U18 Caps.
* More realistic awards system.

I'd post some of the pics but they're way too big to put here :$

Mr. Monday Morning
09-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Christ I hope they let you slate Rodney Marsh

Ogen
09-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Just downloaded it be back in a while with my opinions

Ogen
09-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Haveing to redownlaod it 94% now so hopefully I'm off to play it now..

Cactus Sid
09-23-2004, 11:56 AM
Tide me over until Chart Wars is out

Looks hot, will be hotter if it actually lets me download it :mad:

Cactus Sid
09-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Fu</>cking new XP patch arse.

Ogen
09-23-2004, 12:27 PM
The torrent link they gave is the most reliable download

Ogen
09-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Oooh it goes below the conference now to conference north/south that'll be fun

Ogen
09-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Don't like the way the squad is listed at all looks horrible

Ogen
09-23-2004, 12:32 PM
You can arrange friendslys and buy back prices as part of transfers. :love: ( btw I'm playing it windowed so everything I see will be posted here

Ogen
09-23-2004, 12:34 PM
newws button is a tiny little thing now though.

Cactus Sid
09-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Can you post the link, cos this is doing by nut

Ogen
09-23-2004, 12:37 PM
I just told the press I'm Arsene Wengers friend which has boosted Arsenal morale but done nowt of rmy Villa team I think.

Ogen
09-23-2004, 12:41 PM
The next day Wenger told the press I'm his friend and one of the better managers in the game

Ogen
09-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Really hate the way the squad looks its just one long list, much prefered the old look

Ogen
09-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Can you post the link, cos this is doing by nut
http://www.filerush.com/download.php?target=FootballManager2005BetaDemo.exe

Thats what I used and it pissed ( sorry it took so long I missed your post )

Ogen
09-23-2004, 12:44 PM
* pisssed along also all my players are now thrilled that Wenger likes me

Cactus Sid
09-23-2004, 12:49 PM
You are the man, cheers

Ogen
09-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Assistant managers rule. You can get a team report where they tell you where the team needs strengthing . I.E at Villa I've to buy compettetion for Gav McCann he says and a load of other cool little things. Squad look is really pissing me off though

Cactus Sid
09-23-2004, 12:59 PM
That'll probably get sorted by skins

Cactus Sid
09-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Don't like the layout for Preferences, but whatever, its only a minor part

Ogen
09-23-2004, 01:09 PM
Hopefully cause they aren't allowed officialy release it to look like it did before something to do with Eidos owning the games look.

Rob
09-23-2004, 02:02 PM
About to play it now

Ogen
09-23-2004, 02:08 PM
Shan't be disapointed Mr. Harvey apart from the layout in places its superb

Cactus Sid
09-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Not enjoying it, possibly because I'd rather be playing Chart Wars, which will probably suck

Ogen
09-24-2004, 12:11 AM
Over the course of the night my opinion on the layout has completly changed I love the new lay out now, once you sort your squad by position its great having condition and form on screen too makes it much better. Fucking brilliant game, anyone having any trouble remember its only a Beta demo so pretty much everything will be fixed when its ready for release

diothoir
09-24-2004, 09:35 PM
So why did Eidos not keep SI games on for the new Champo manager?

Ogen
09-24-2004, 10:03 PM
Si games just went out on their own so Sega is their publisher. It worked out that Eidos kept the CM name and the look of the game and Sigames kept the game code so FM is the real game really and Eidos's will most likely be shit

diothoir
09-24-2004, 10:08 PM
Fair enough.

Ferocious
09-25-2004, 10:09 AM
Downloading :D

Ferocious
09-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Not impressed at all.

Ogen
09-26-2004, 05:52 PM
why not?

Dazz
09-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Ogen get online coz i need helpo downloading and installing this bad boy.

Dazz
09-27-2004, 05:17 PM
So I am Chelsea, and I came out and said that me and Ferguson had a personality clash and will never like each other, which made Lampard, Gallas and a few others unhappy at my unprofessionalism, but Makele said that we had ismilar personalities :cool:

Plus the set out it much nicer IMO, but like Ogen said, the squad layout is hard to get used to.

Ogen
09-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Its better when you get used to it though. Players condition, avg rating and form are all easily displayed

Wengerland
09-29-2004, 07:15 AM
Downloading it now.

Wengerland
09-29-2004, 08:48 AM
This game is class, i'm hoping the wages aren't equivalent to real life though cause Nathan Blake can't be on £16,000 a week :mad:

I'm Leicester, not done too much, just checked player search and squad and things, in the middle of my first friendly at the minute, beating Bolton 2-0 at half time with a Joey Gudjonsson wonder strike :love: and a Connolly tap in :$

Chyno
09-29-2004, 05:57 PM
I don't like the new menu system. I think most people will agree the way that your squad is layed out sucks

Ogen
09-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Squad layout is ten times better once you get used to ir. Its relly handy having so much more information displayed

toxic rooster
09-29-2004, 11:32 PM
:$ I'm such an idiot

I went through changing each player's mentality by hand before I realised that you can set a standard mentality for the whole team.

Also, some team wants me to loan them Graham Stack for 3 months, but I can't figure out how :(

Dazz
09-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Its not hard, if they make a bid to loan him, its the in the bottom left corner whether you wanna accept it or not

toxic rooster
09-30-2004, 04:55 AM
Holy shit, there's a whole new menu down there :eek:

Mourinho said that Chelsea were gonna beat Arsenal.

Then we killed them, 5-1 :cool:

Ogen
10-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Games gone gold and theres a new demo of the final version all the problems have been fixed and it's a good bt faster

Ogen
10-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Pictures of player faces are a bit of a disapointment with a lot of big players not having their picture but there'll be patches for that within a few weeks from fan sites

Ogen
10-16-2004, 01:39 PM
UK : http://www.downloads.jolt.co.uk/index.php?page=download.php&action=filenotes&id=3506
ALL: http://internationaldl.jolt.co.uk/index.php?action=viewfile&id=3506
Jolt : ftp://195.149.21.10/fm2005_demo_alllang_full.exe (ftp://195.149.21.10/fm2005_demo_alllang_full.exe)
Game : http://downloads.game.net/game.net/Demos/fm2005_demo_alllang_full.exe

Download

Cactus Sid
10-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Following on from your entry in our Football Manager 2005 Face in the Game
competition - I am delighted to tell you that you've won! You are going to be in
the game as a regenerated player or member of staff.

:cool:

Ogen
10-16-2004, 03:01 PM
I forgot to enter L(

Wengerland
10-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Does this demo last longer?

Just that i've got this awesome Leicester game going but i'm almost at January :'(

Mike the Metal Ed
10-16-2004, 07:45 PM
No new E-Mail messages. :'(

Ogen
10-17-2004, 06:24 PM
Nah it's still till January but its a good but better on teh little points manager mind games dont have such a big impact on results anymore

The Mackem
12-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Got it for Christmas

Got Sunderland promoted on the last day of the season ahead of Coventry, I ended up finishing second. Only had funds to buy Berkovic and Harewood but they came in useful.

I'm now currently second in the Premiership and have been top. Quite weird, I only bought Lee Hendrie and Marcelo Delgado on free transfers seeing as the board are being tight fisted :mad:

First game back in the Premiership was away to Newcastle. I think I beat Souness in the mind games battle cos we skinned them 3-0. Yet to meet any of the big teams so I'm sure we'll slip down but hopefully we can stay up, resulting in me maybe getting some damn money :mad:

Cactus Sid
12-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Love the game now

Love the fact I am known as a "Media-Friendly Boss" have an up and down first season with Liverpool, Stevie G is out for 3 months.

Current side (without him) is:

GK - Kirkland

CD - Carragher, Hyppia, Tudor

DMC - Dacourt, Xabi Alonso

ML - Riise

MC (running behind front two) - Kewell

MR - Luis Garcia

FC - Cavenaghi, Baros

Got Aliadiere on the bench, who is awesome as a Super Sub :cool:

The Mackem
12-29-2004, 12:07 PM
Man, Aliadiere was one of my summer targets since he was available on a free but Chelsea nicked him.

I've been trying since day 1 of my game to get Freddy Adu but had to wait for his work permit then had to appeal on the rejection and by the time it was granted I didn't have the £650 000 compensation. :mad:

El Capitano Gatisto
12-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Did you get the patch yet? The game becomes a monstrosity with the patch in place. It's wonderfully difficult.

The Mackem
12-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Which patch ECG?

Cactus Sid
12-29-2004, 12:32 PM
5.0.2 i think

It is ridiculously difficult

packt up
12-29-2004, 01:15 PM
GOOD

Cos normally like after 1 season Champ man games get mad easy.

Dazz
12-29-2004, 01:31 PM
I lost the real version of the game before even getting it home, so I have a cracked version and I cannot get the patch on a cracked game :'(. On a different championship Manager the patch fucked my game up, everytime I got to about the tenth season it would mess up.

packt up
12-29-2004, 01:38 PM
lol how did you lose your game you fool.

The Mackem
12-30-2004, 04:52 AM
Knowing Dazz, it will involve a blindfold.

The Mackem
12-30-2004, 04:54 AM
Oh yeah, had a quick go last night. Beat Man Utd 3-2 at home after being 2-0 down after 10 minutes, scored the winner in the last minute. Got thrashed 4-2 away at Chelsea though. :(

Ogen
12-30-2004, 08:04 AM
I lost the real version of the game before even getting it home, so I have a cracked version and I cannot get the patch on a cracked game :'(. On a different championship Manager the patch fucked my game up, everytime I got to about the tenth season it would mess up.
It'll work on a cracked version you just have to reapply the crack afterwards. And anyone who hasn't really should get the patch much more fun now with it being harder. CAn be found on www.sigames.com.

The Mackem
12-30-2004, 08:07 AM
Does the patch work with saved games?

Ogen
12-30-2004, 08:48 AM
Yeah it wont do all the changes but it wont wreck the save for best effect you've to restart though

The Mackem
12-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Damn it, I will have to get Sunderland promoted all over again.

Mike the Metal Ed
12-30-2004, 10:22 AM
I couldn't ever get the demos to work, they just kept installing a Macintosh emulator. :mad:

Dazz
12-30-2004, 12:59 PM
lol how did you lose your game you fool.

Was too big to fit in the post box so I had to collect it from the Post Office, got it, then went to Index to pick up some hair straighteners, left Index and realise I must have left it by the catalogues, went back and it was gone :'(.

Ogen
12-30-2004, 01:29 PM
I couldn't ever get the demos to work, they just kept installing a Macintosh emulator. :mad:
You did make sure to get the PC version and not the Mac one yeah? Cause there both on the site http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Mike the Metal Ed
12-30-2004, 01:36 PM
Downloaded it several times, definately the Windows version

and when the Mac emulator only installs Mac Quandra at best, it isn't gonna be FM2005 running material.

The Mackem
12-31-2004, 07:04 AM
Was too big to fit in the post box so I had to collect it from the Post Office, got it, then went to Index to pick up some hair straighteners, left Index and realise I must have left it by the catalogues, went back and it was gone :'(.
See, long hair has it's drawbacks.

El Capitano Gatisto
12-31-2004, 07:43 AM
I hope the hair straighteners weren't for him, otherwise his remarks about my sexuality will be cast in a new light altogether.

Dazz
12-31-2004, 10:53 PM
I hope the hair straighteners weren't for him, otherwise his remarks about my sexuality will be cast in a new light altogether.

I look like a fucking scouser if I havent used them, so I use them, then mess my hair up so it isn't straight but isn't as curly as normal, I am not a queer.

The Mackem
01-01-2005, 09:58 AM
I am not a queer.
I look like a fucking scouser if I havent used them, so I use them, then mess my hair up so it isn't straight but isn't as curly as normal...

Dazz
01-02-2005, 06:06 AM
The Mackem, all you proved is that you know how to use the quote button.

The Mackem
01-04-2005, 06:43 AM
:cool:

Dazz
01-13-2005, 01:28 PM
It'll work on a cracked version you just have to reapply the crack afterwards. And anyone who hasn't really should get the patch much more fun now with it being harder. CAn be found on www.sigames.com.

Right, I have the cracked version and I have the patch, now explain how I make the patch work, making it crystal clear

PSIcological
01-13-2005, 03:31 PM
First impressions are that it is significantly more difficult
just served relegation with gillingham in first season

Ogen
01-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Well I presume if you have the cracked version you're already playing it Dazz? If so just run the patch its a program just it'll find FM by itself then when its done just do the crack again any problems with that get me on MSN

Mr. Monday Morning
01-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Hmm, might get the patch and restart, I got to like October and was clear by 2 points at the top. Highlights include beating Brighton away 6-2 and Cardiff at home 5-1 - Jody Craddock scored a hat-trick of headers from corners :o

The stats have been majorly downgraded, I'm finding. Or is that just me? I've looked around for some defenders but I can't afford anyone who I would consider good enough to be worthwhile buying.

Mr. Monday Morning
01-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Does the patching improve defences at all? I'm sick and tired of my defender, with a marking rate of 17, losing his man for every single fucking goal I concede :rant:

Dazz
01-20-2005, 10:45 AM
The patch doesn't seem to do much in my game, players still get a 3 when they are out of position, and this game still seems to have its flaws.

El Capitano Gatisto
01-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Does the patching improve defences at all? I'm sick and tired of my defender, with a marking rate of 17, losing his man for every single fucking goal I concede :rant:
The patch makes the game far, far harder.

I'm waiting on my new computer to arrive, then I'll be playing this game all the time. It's magnificent.

Dazz
01-20-2005, 05:35 PM
I have a great computer but a shit monitor, so I can't play Footy Manager with other programs running :'(.

Ogen
01-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Still loving this game despite some twat deleting my Norwhich save after 5 seasons as I was on the brink of European football. Currently in my 3rd season with Villa and Champions League football after an inspired 2nd season from Juan Sebastian Veron draged me up the table. That Freddy Adu kid is magnificent in the game only just gone 17 now in mine and is threating Hakin Yakin for a starting place.

We should see about getting a multiplayer game going when everyone is patched up.

Ogen
01-20-2005, 09:34 PM
The patch doesn't seem to do much in my game, players still get a 3 when they are out of position, and this game still seems to have its flaws.
Thats the one problem remaining in the game not being able to play players at all out of position. In my first season with Villa Solano was a legend then after selling Gareth Barry I changed to a Diamond midfield which lost him his place but if theres injurys to the central midfield you'd expect a winger to be able to come in and do better than a 4 really. Especially when I gave him instructions which basically amounted to being a winger when going forward then defending as normal.

El Capitano Gatisto
01-21-2005, 05:32 AM
Depends on the player's versatility. Couldn't see Solano ever being a central midfielder in real life, anyway. In the game, some players just don't like being played out of position. Their morale will go down, and they sometimes complain about it.

Cactus Sid
01-21-2005, 05:42 AM
Left the game for 2 days when I went to London, playing 6 leagues, got to 2010.....Man City just won the double.

Ogen
01-21-2005, 06:10 AM
Yeah I can understand Solano not doing great there but I'd have thought he'd do better than a 4. It's a very minor issue anyway. Game should improve loads with each new release especially as they refine things like manager mind games and all that. They need to sort the bosman issue out human controlled players can get too many great players on bosmans that the computer teams never seem to move for. Other than that I just wish they'd bring back the With/Without ball screens in the tactics screen. That was great for making tactics.

Mike the Metal Ed
01-25-2005, 10:07 PM
Leicester had an offer on, that if you bought a year's subscription to Foxes World for £20, you get FM 2005 and a City shirt for free, so I'm expecting my copy soon.

Cactus Sid
01-26-2005, 03:55 PM
Leicester had an offer on, that if you bought a year's subscription to Foxes World for £20, you get FM 2005 and a City shirt for free, so I'm expecting my copy soon.

Pretty awesome offer, even if it is Leicester.

Mr. Monday Morning
02-09-2005, 09:46 AM
Finished 2nd, got promoted. Signed Pistone, Smertin, Ortega (:eek:!) and a few others on frees. Kinda hovering just above relegation zone atm but I've made friends with Benitez :love:

I went back and played 03/04 a little while ago and I gotta say I prefer FM soooooo much

Ogen
02-10-2005, 11:26 AM
I think my Villa team are finally ready to give Arsenal a go for the leauge title now 2008/2009 season. Allthough Arsenal haven't lost in 50 games or so. HAve Robinho and Tevez as my South American wonder strikers. And Freddy Adu has become rediculously good.

Cactus Sid
02-26-2005, 09:13 AM
New Patch Out Wednesday

Apparently, it'll also have a complete update.

El Capitano Gatisto
02-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Should be great.

I'm playing with Juventus currently, started the game a week ago. First game in ages.

Just won Serie A on the last day of the season in a dramatic set of events. Was even on points with Inter, who were running away with it at one stage, at the top, and AC Milan were one point behind. Had to play AC Milan away in the last game of the season, and Inter were away to Atalanta.

Beat Milan comfortably, but Inter were doing the business in Atalanta, until Pazzini slid in a late equaliser, handing me the league title. Had been chasing for the whole season. Finished about 17 points behind Inter the season before, when they dropped 5 points all season (1 loss, 1 draw).

Also won the Champions League, to make it a double. Beat Arsenal 5-0 in the final.

El Capitano Gatisto
02-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Got the England job just before the World Cup, got knocked out in the second round by Brazil.

Partially glad about that. I'm really after the Ireland job, but Brian Kerr is secure.

Spent the summer putting together an unbeatable squad at Juventus, bringing in some great talent with cover in every position. Then, after the first game of the season, Chelsea offer me their job, after Mourinho went to Barcelona.

Had to take it. £45 million to spend, Ronaldinho in the squad.

Dazz
02-26-2005, 08:00 PM
Mr Gates, is there any chance I can sit in the changing room for a team talk, and meet the players, get their autographs, shower with them and stuff?

And yeah I am like certain that when Mourinho leaves Chelsea it will be to manage a national team or Barca, more then likely it will be Barca.

El Capitano Gatisto
02-26-2005, 10:21 PM
You shit head. You can't shower with them.

Lampard scored 5 goals for me in the World Cup. He's also been the main man for me at Chelsea. Although Ronaldinho has scored about 7 goals in his last 3 matches. Don't want to praise him because his work rate is too low and it would make him complacent.

Top with Chelsea after 11 games. Unbeaten. Steve Clarke lost a game at the start as caretaker, the wanker.

Dazz
02-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Oh come on, how cool would it be to shower with them, me and the other 22,000 season ticket holders pay your wages, the least you could do is grant me my wish, I promise I won't bring my camera along.

Steve Clark is great, and lives near me in real life, I know his daughter, well, I met her at a club once when drunk, I told her I have a picture of me and her dad on my wall at home, I think she thought I was weird.

Wengerland
02-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Can you go and manage a team from a different league without starting with it then, or would ECG just have started with a couple of leagues?

Just asking cause i've started playing LMA again recently, and you can just move between leagues if a job's available in another country.

Dazz
02-28-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm sure you have to start a new game. ECG mentioned his super dooper new PC in this thread, so I am assuming it can run a few leagues at a time.

Wengerland
02-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Alright then, should be getting it soon myself.

I got the 100th post without realising :cool:

Dazz
02-28-2005, 07:26 PM
I got the 100th reply without realised. :cool:

Ogen
03-02-2005, 10:52 AM
Patch be out. Only torrent downloads until 6pmish then regular ones will be put up. I'd imagine most people here use torrent though so should be ok. I'm downloading at the moment.

Dazz
03-02-2005, 10:53 AM
I don't, fuck torrents, they are so much fucking hassle.

Ogen
03-02-2005, 12:43 PM
No hassle at all just click the file and it downloads using the torrent program. But anyway regular patch is due out around 6pm.

Dazz
03-02-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm at uni on a 56k modem so i shall leave it for a while.

El Capitano Gatisto
03-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Can't get it. Dunno what that Torrent shit is all about, and none of the normal sites work.

One of them does start downloading, but always quits after a few minutes. Common problem judging by the complaints about it on the SI forums.

Ogen
03-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Right don't get it if you've a downloaded copy. Twon't work until some little hacker comes up with a new crack for it. THat'll teach me not to buy it always meant to but never did. I was loving my current Portsmouth game too 3rd season about 10 games to go and battling for a Champions Leauge spot. Am considering a trip out tomorrow to buy it after all this :(

Ogen
03-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Have it working again. Marvelous fellows this computer geeks who spend time on this shite.

Wengerland
03-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Got it at last, downloading the 5.0.3 patch now.

The Mackem
03-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Currently Aberdeen in my second season.

First season won the eqivalent to the FA Cup, finished about 3rd or 4th I think. Started with absolutely no money so I've had to sell to buy anybody with a decent value. Haven't bn able to sign Adu yet :mad: He's going to cost me about £1million in compensation at the moment.

This season I'm second, 21 points behind Celtic but I've already won the league cup and I'm in the FA Cup final against Kilmarnock woop cup double is on! Got knocked out of the UEFA cup in the first round, the one before it splits into leagues by Real Betis :mad:

Noel Whelan is doing suprisingly well in this league.

Next season I want to mount a serious title challege.

The Mackem
03-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Oh yeah and where can I get the newest patch from?

El Capitano Gatisto
03-06-2005, 10:15 AM
www.sigames.com (http://www.sigames.com)

Ogen
03-06-2005, 12:09 PM
So chairmen just going off and buying players by themselves in the new patch. Few complaints on the Sigames forums over it saying they do it with no consideration of the clubs finances but when its fine tuned it'll be a good feature.

Ogen
03-06-2005, 12:23 PM
To test this I'd started a game as Madrid to see what happened. THe Board wasnted a few big name signings I didn't deliver and the chairman has just gone out without me having a say in anything to do with it not contract not nothing and spent 95 million on Viera and 77 on Ronaldinho. I had a 45 million budget :D

The Mackem
03-06-2005, 04:57 PM
So they are in debt or what? Do they randomly sell players as well?

Ogen
03-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Madrid aren't in debt but I hear some people are going into debt over it. Bit stupid only effects if you start at a big club with a chairman who does it otherwise your expereice counts and they dont

Ogen
03-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Also they don't sell I don't think

Cactus Sid
03-07-2005, 08:00 AM
Loving the new patch, rekindled my interest in the game

Actually started bothering with tactics, seems to have worked, I'm playing as Liverpool with Morientes and Cisse up front, Morientes as the target man, holding it up and such, with Cisse making powerful runs. Morientes has about 10 assists and Cisse has about 10 goals, and thats halfway through September.

I've made Gerrard unhappy by touting him to every club possible....oh well.

Ogen
03-07-2005, 03:17 PM
I've started a game with Leyton Orient. 3 milllion in debt expected to be relegated and no good players. Should be fun

Cactus Sid
03-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Finally had our blip. Didn't help playing Chelsea and Arsenal away from Anfield. Also threw away a 2 goal lead against Villa in between those.

Anyway, won our Champions League group (Werder, Deportivo and Celtic) but Bellamy got sent off against Werder for being a twat (what's new) so I put him on the list.

Currently pissing all over Bolton, seem to be over the worst.

Ogen
03-07-2005, 08:00 PM
12 games in with Orient one win and bottom of the table. Really shit team :D

Cactus Sid
03-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Found my first real criticism of the game

Didi Hamann wants to be in the first team....fair enough.

I don't however need to be told everyday.

Wengerland
03-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Anyone up for an online game at some time? like a few people i mean. Me, Ogen and i'm pretty sure Montana are alright to play so far.

Hopefully it won't die after one day like the old one :(

Ogen
03-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Right was talking to Wengerland about getting a multiplayer game going with a few cunts off here and what not. Don't want too many about 5 max I'd say or it'll be too slow so anyone who fancies it reply here or MSN me at Spoons_For_All@hotmail.com or something.

Cactus Sid
03-08-2005, 07:57 PM
I would but for the new job :(

Second season with Liverpool, everyone hates me because we drew 5 out of our first 6 games. So hey....I turn the season around, we've won our last 7 games in all competitions, and they still hate me :mad:

Wengerland
03-08-2005, 07:59 PM
I still remember the other one, when you were sacked after about 3 games, good times :'(

happy birthday aswell ;)

Cactus Sid
03-08-2005, 08:12 PM
I am disgusted that the Liverpool board would not sanction the fining of every player.

Cheers :D

Wengerland
03-09-2005, 08:38 AM
I don't know if it's just the new patch but something that's annoying me is that you can't loan players till the end of the season, or is that just with those who aren't loan listed?

2nd in October with Leicester so far.

Dazz
03-09-2005, 09:01 AM
I wish my connection wasn't 56.6K :mad: online games are great

The Mackem
03-09-2005, 06:14 PM
How does it work online?

Wengerland
03-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Someone hosts it and give people the i.p, everyone joins and then from there it's just like a normal game, only you can chat and it takes quite a while longer.

The Mackem
03-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Do you have to wait for each player to end their turn?

Wengerland
03-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Yeah, on 03/04 it came up with 'player waiting' in the corner, but it doesn't seem to do that on this one, so you'll have to check on game status whether people are playing or waiting. If you're the host then you can force people to continue though, or set a time limit for each turn.

Ogen
03-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah the best way to do it is have a forced time limit most of the time but allow people to connect up to the host and search for players and what not at other times so everyones not waiting while the games on. Would you be up for it Mackem?

The Mackem
03-10-2005, 11:45 AM
I think we should have a test run for it or something to see how it works.

Which patch update do I need?

Ogen
03-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Latest one. 5.0.3

Ogen
03-10-2005, 02:20 PM
http://www.sigames.com/downloads.php?type=download&id=240&file=375 that one. What connection have you got btw? Trying to see whos fastest to host.

Wengerland
03-10-2005, 02:23 PM
For some reason it lets me play online on one PC, but not at the other. Nothing would load when i had 'run as server' ticked, not even my 1 player game, so that might have been why i couldn't join that test one you set up, Ogen :(

Won all my derby matches so far (away to Derby and Cov, home to Forest) and beat Leeds 5-1 at Elland Road :cool:

The Mackem
03-11-2005, 07:45 PM
I already downloaded the "with data" patch. Mine is 576.0 kbps

Ogen
03-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Another new patch out to fix the chairmen being mentalists 5.0.5

The Mackem
03-14-2005, 02:02 PM
What? :mad:

Wengerland
03-14-2005, 02:23 PM
We've started a game now Mackem, get the patch :wavesad:

Wengerland
03-14-2005, 05:28 PM
lost the first 3 games on the online game, though i wasn't in charge of the 2nd :mad:

Man City :'(

Ogen
03-15-2005, 01:18 PM
I lost to RBF tbh :( after all my player insturcions were defaulted for some reason

Wengerland
03-29-2005, 03:26 PM
fuck me, i've just had a superb end to the season.

I'm Newcastle in the game at my mums, and i pretty much counted my title chances out as i was about 10 points behind and drew at home with Arsenal, who were top, even though i had a few games in hand. Anyway, they started getting poor results and i kept winning and in my penultimate game beat Man City to go top by a point, fielded a weak team in the UEFA Cup semi 2nd leg cause Juve raped my first team at St. James', and i wanted everyone fit for the premiership games.

In the last games of the season i was at Villa, and Arsenal away to Man U, Arsenal basically needed to better my result, cause they had the better goal difference. I took the lead early on but then it went shite, and i was 3-1 down with 20 left (Arsenal game still 0-0) so i went all out attack and Ameobi scored with his first touch pretty much. After that they were back in control though, and by the 90th minute i was going to make a change to throw my whole team forward or something. Villa had a corner as i clicked to check tactics but i had to wait and all, i got the corner cleared and Robbie Elliott (:$) played a great ball down the left for Ameobi, and it was 2v2 at the back. Ameobi cut in, played a GREAT ball to the back post and Kluivert nods it in to get me level.

Arsenal's game finished 0-0 so i won the league, get in :cool: Playing Chelsea in the cup final soon aswell.

deathtrap
04-03-2005, 06:05 AM
MuzzE knows how great Van Der Vaart is from my constant tales:(

Mr. Monday Morning
04-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Built the best team ever using Chelski's money (:$)

Cech
Puyol
Ferdinand
Terry
Heinze
Joaquin
Gerrard
Lampard
Robben
Adriano
Ibrahimovic

deathtrap
04-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Van Der Vaart over Robben:D

Mr. Monday Morning
04-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Robben just won World and European Footballer and European Midfielder of the Year :$

Wengerland
04-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Yeah i bought van der Vaart for Newcastle in the summer, been my best player so far but the team hasn't done well anyway.

The Mackem
04-04-2005, 01:55 PM
I never got that patch :'(

Cactus Sid
04-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Actually started playing it again recently

On my Liverpool game I'm into my third season, and things are starting to come together.

First Season, finished 5th, got to the Uefa Cup final

Second Season, finished 4th, won the Uefa Cup and the FA Cup

Didn't quality for the Champions League because England lost there 4 places :mad: It made no sense considering Arsenal and Man U got to the Champions League semis, and I won the Uefa, but there you go.

Third season, 12 games played, won 11 drawn 1, going well in all cups, its gonna be our season.

Annoying thing, I played Maccabi Tel Aviv, absolutely destroyed them, but they had this defensive midfielder who was absolutely awesome, and scored a 40 yard screamer, ended up with a 9. I thought I'd get him for January, because he was class, his stats were amazing.....and he was one of those grey players :'(

Anyway, here's the side (first and second XI)

FIRST XI

Cassano.........Makaay

Kewell

Van Der Vaart..................................Luis Garcia

Xabi Alonso

Riise...... Huth......Woodgate......Jankulovski

Kirkland

SECOND XI

Maxi Lopez.........Cisse

Joe Cole

Kily Gonzalez..................................Schneider

Galasek

Chivu...... Hyppia......Carragher......Glen Johnson

Dudek

Also in the Squad:
Damien Duff (Never Fit)
Andrea Gasbaronni (Italian Right Winger, bought as back up in January last season)
Zinedine Zidane (Bit Player, Injured)
Claudio Lopez (Rotated)

Rotting in the Reserves:
Recber Rustu (Officially our Number 3 keeper)
Mahmadou Diarra (Bosman, Backup for Midfield and Defence)
Serginho (Hasn't played a league game, but has been awesome in the League Cup)
Shunsuke Nakamura (Bosman, Japanese Merchandise :cool: )
DeMarcus Beasley (Bought because I needed Right Wingers)
Fernando Morientes and Patrick Kluivert (Lose Out to the new comers, and didn't score enough last season)

deathtrap
04-12-2005, 10:35 AM
My team:
Robinson
Heitinga
Gardner
King
Vanden Borre
Jarosik
Van Der Vaart
Karagounis
Davies
Kanoute
Robinho

With Dyer, Cerny, Oliseh, Flamini/Davis and Mido/El Hamadouei on the bench

Cactus Sid
04-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Ha Ha, I love it

Was talking to my mate down the pub about why FM2005 is better than CM5, so thought I'd come home and finish off my season, then decided I'd just play til I won the title.

Anyway, 33rd game of the season, we're 8 points ahead of Arsenal, who've played 35, a win will give Liverpool their first title since 1990.

First half, Makaay gives us the lead over Middlesbrough, things look peachy.

Then.....Boateng bangs one in from 25 yards, and its level.

I'm gutted because I wanted the title tied up before we play Inter in the Uefa Semis, so I could rest some players, and so we could win it "At the new ground" rather than away from home.

Minutes are ticking by....

Adam Pearson, one of our young guns, started the season worth 100,000 now worth 5 million, crosses from the left, and there, coming in with the header to win Liverpool the title.....

On-Loan Arsenal midfield Francesc Fabregas :cool: in his last game for us before he returns to Arsenal.

Thats loyalty to the Liverpool cause, tried to get him on a season-long loan at the start of the season, but he broke his leg, signed him on the last day of the transfer window, for 3 months, and has been absolutely amazing, and scores the championship winning goal :cool:

Shame we are in so much debt, I'd try and sign him in the summer...

Dazz
04-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Heitinga

I hate that wanker, he is aweful.

Cactus Sid
04-16-2005, 08:45 AM
Fucking hell this is insane

Thursday 3rd of May 2007 - Inter Milan (H) Uefa Cup Semi Final Second Leg
FRIDAY 4TH OF MAY 2007 - Man Utd (H) Premier Division
SUNDAY 6TH OF MAY 2007 - Newcastle (H) Premier Division

Are they trying to kill my team??

Thankfully we dicked Inter 3-0, gonna have to field a seriously inexperienced side against United

deathtrap
04-16-2005, 09:26 AM
In the QF of the Champions League, quarters of the FA Cup. Second in the table.

Robinho and Kanoute are awesome, 60 goals between them.

Big wins include 7-0 vs Everton, and 1-8 away at Sunderland, in succession.

The Mackem
04-21-2005, 06:04 PM
Man, there'd have been a riot after that game.