PDA

View Full Version : going to see unearth tonight

thecc
09-25-2004, 07:41 PM
This is gonna fucking rule. Terror and black dahlia murder is opening. I'll definitly have a review posted.

The Destroyer
09-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Tempted to go see them as part of the Eastpak Resistance Tour later in the year. Haven't made my mind up yet though...

thecc
09-26-2004, 12:28 AM
holy shit that was fucking crazy ill get a full review up once i gather myself tomorow. Had to leave before unearth but terror was fucking crazy.

Smitty
09-26-2004, 12:50 AM
What the hell is with the new breed of metalcore? A year ago, it was trucker/cho cho train hats, vests, and backpacks. This year metalcore kids are metrosexual jocks who flip their collars up. I'm not bashing metalcore btw, cuz I'm a fan myself.

The Mask
09-26-2004, 12:55 AM
smitty is a fag!!!1

asphyXy
09-26-2004, 01:41 AM
Unearth is fucking terrible. I'm sorry.

Smitty
09-26-2004, 07:47 PM
smitty is a fag!!!1

At least im not a "TOOL" :p ;)

Funky Fly
09-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Would someone give me examples of the most popular metalcore acts?

JJ Moore
09-26-2004, 09:03 PM
who the hell are unearth - they like garderners or summit?

thecc
09-26-2004, 10:00 PM
first off i want to start off by saying the the cricket club has to be one of the dirtiest places ive been to and in a ghetto town. Now with that out of the way i shall start my review.

If hope dies- Pretty good band. I came in during their set so i didn't get to see as much of them as i liked but they put on a pretty solid preformance.

Remembering Never- Holy shit what a great fucking band. I was really impressed with their style of metalcore. The singer had good stage presence and was getting kids involved. Pits were pretty awesome even tho I avoided them this time but they looked good. I would definitly recomend checking this band out www.rememberingnever.net

Black dahlia murder- Ever since my friend saw them he has been raving about how good they were live. I decided to get up front for them. I must say that i totaly agree with him.i didn't know any of the song titles but they all sounded pretty good and i moshed for a song which was pretty fun.

Terror- Holy shit Craziest band of the night, hands down. They started off with "lowest of the low". Then quickly went into with "One with the undedogs" After that a fight broke out which sucked cuz the band had to wait for it to be broken up before starting up again. The whole floor was open for them. The pit was really damn fun.I was singing along during "Spit my rage". The only problem is due to all the fights that happened terror had to cut their set short. I did get to go up and meet scott after and I got yet another setlist. That was also the craziest pit ive been in...EVER!!!

Terror setlist
Lowest of the low
One with the underdogs
Better off
Overcome
Spit my rage
Don't need you
Out of my way
Not this time

I had to leave before unearth cuz my friend chanin had to drive to her moms in the bronx and didnt wanna be driving late. I found out that more fights broke out and that messed up the whole show so unearth didn't even get to preform. So it's pretty good we left once we did. I ended up getting an unearth wristband and a patch. All in all it was a great show and i had lots and lots of fun.

Smitty
09-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Would someone give me examples of the most popular metalcore acts?

Hatebreed, Poison The Well, Embrace Today, Terror, Throwdown, blah blah blah.

asphyXy
09-27-2004, 01:30 AM
I've seen Black Dahlia Murder live. Fucking terrible. No, scratch that. They are beyond terrible. Every single riff they played sounded like something At The Gates left off of their Slaughter of the Soul album because it was too shitty.

Fuck "metalcore". It's almost as bad as nu-metal. Scratch that, it's worse. It's easier to write a metalcore song than it is to write a nu-metal song. I jokingly wrote a metalcore song in a program called Guitar Pro and sent it to a hardcore kid. He thought it was "dope".

Fuck metalcore, fuck music that sounds exactly like Gothenberg, and fuck all that enjoy this terrible exploitation of a genre that used to have fresh and original ideas.

Funky Fly
09-27-2004, 03:09 AM
I am familiar with the first 2 bands and quite unimpressed by their offerings. I bid you all good day, sirs.

*exit stage left*

asphyXy
09-27-2004, 03:16 AM
:y:

The Destroyer
09-27-2004, 09:43 AM
I am familiar with the first 2 bands and quite unimpressed by their offerings. I bid you all good day, sirs.

*exit stage left*
They were bad examples anyway what with Hatebreed being boring and, let's face it, crap, and Poison The Well managing to slightly predate the recent modern metalcore explosion, hence having a bit of different sound.

The problem isn't really that the bands themselves are bad per se, it's just the fact that far too many bands are doing the same thing. Every man and his dog seems to be fusing metal and hardcore these days, so the bands tend to be predictable as hell. That and bitter metal elitists like asphyxy think hardcore ruins good metal. ;)

asphyXy
09-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Hardcore doesn't ruin anything but people's standards for good music. "Oh shit, that's a cool melody!" "You think so?" "Yeah." "Thanks, I stole it from The Jester Race."

Danny Electric
09-27-2004, 02:51 PM
You are the most biased person ever on music, broaden your tastes.

asphyXy
09-27-2004, 04:59 PM
Thecc is pretty biased. Good eye, Danny Electric.

Danny Electric
09-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Thecc is pretty biased. Good eye, Danny Electric.
:lol:
You've got me there :shifty:

thecc
09-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Thecc is pretty biased. Good eye, Danny Electric.How am i Biased. I listen to stuff from terror to anthrax to from autumn to ashes to jurasic 5 and so on.

asphyXy
09-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Good eye, thecc.

thecc
09-27-2004, 09:25 PM
embace today, terror and throwdown are all hardcore.