PDA

View Full Version : Derek Miller(guitarist) leaves Poison The Well

DegenerationY
09-27-2004, 02:42 AM
Poison The Well has parted ways with its guitarist.

The Florida metalcore act amicably parted ways with guitarist Derek Miller this weekend.

"I am very proud of what our band has accomplished up to this point," he said in a statement, "but quite simply, my heart is no longer in it."

The band has yet to name a replacement. Miller's final album with the band was last year's You Come Before You (Velvet Hammer/Atlantic)

Should be interesting to see where they go from here.

The Destroyer
09-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Well they're not splitting up, that's for sure. Should be seeing them in December when they support the Dillinger Escape Plan. :y:

mitchables
09-27-2004, 09:48 AM
:( Dammit.

The replacement better be good. :mad:

DegenerationY
09-28-2004, 03:17 AM
Well they're not splitting up, that's for sure. Should be seeing them in December when they support the Dillinger Escape Plan. :y:

Yeah, that's true. I was looking at their website and all their tour dates.

They better be coming to the West Coast with that tour with DEP :rant:

The Destroyer
09-28-2004, 08:28 AM
You wish, it's Europe only. :D

You do get DEP with Every Time I Die (good), Zao (moments of goodness) and Misery Signals (never even heard them) supporting though, so it's not all doom and gloom. Especially since Isis side project Red Sparowes are opening on the LA and SF dates, jammy bastards. :rant:

DegenerationY
09-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Yup :D

"A Night With Isis" is coming very soon. I've heard the first set is all of Oceanic, and the second set is the new album in it's entirety.

Best concert, ever. It's gotta be.

el fregadero
09-28-2004, 04:37 PM
lol @ the "hold up" in your sig

Danny Electric
09-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Well I can't wait to see them live. The Zodiac in Oxford is a tiny venue, it will be awesome.

thecc
09-28-2004, 10:24 PM
You wish, it's Europe only. :D

You do get DEP with Every Time I Die (good), Zao (moments of goodness) and Misery Signals (never even heard them) supporting though, so it's not all doom and gloom. Especially since Isis side project Red Sparowes are opening on the LA and SF dates, jammy bastards. :rant:Misery signals is amazing