PDA

View Full Version : A-Train

Joe Kerr
09-28-2004, 01:55 PM
SInce the draft we have yet to see A-train. CHuck Palumbo appeared once and that was it. So what was the purpose to put these 2 on Raw and not use them? I think they should have put 2 guys on Raw tha they Could use like maybe Big Show and Mysterio.

loopydate
09-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Yeah, let's put Mysterio on the show that doesn't have the Cruiserweight Title.

V
09-28-2004, 01:58 PM
who wants to see A-train, it was bad enough that cena had to team with him for a while and taker had to feud with him

LK
09-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Well A-Train is injured right now and BTW why would they put Mysterio on Raw. They made that mistake twice with Hurricane and Tajiri

Gertner
09-28-2004, 03:44 PM
A-Train is under-rated.

Funky Fly
09-28-2004, 03:48 PM
A Train is a decent wrestler, objectively. But personally, he does nothing for me. I couldn't be happier that he is off my tv.

Eunos
09-28-2004, 04:06 PM
A Train not on Tv is a good thing.

Xero
09-28-2004, 04:34 PM
A Train was on RAW atleast once, vs. Chris Jericho, and he tapped to the Walls... He was pretty damn sweaty in that match too...

:shifty:... I cant believe I remembered that... :(

Anyway, Mysterio on RAW would be the dumbest move they could make, he's the main guy in the curiserweight division... If he wasnt over there, we'd still have Jackie or Chavo Sr. as champion...

(Please note my disregard to the fact that he will be teaming with RVD at No Mercy...)

Savio
09-28-2004, 05:10 PM
Give radd and WWE a break seriously no one from smackdown would fit on Raw except women to go after the title.

Gouda
09-28-2004, 06:24 PM
The reason A-Train isn't being used is because they think when his music starts people will think JBL is coming out.

Mr. Nerfect
09-28-2004, 06:31 PM
I disagree, Mysterio on RAW would be fresh, and he isn't needed for the Cruiserweight Division. Billy Kidman, Paul London, Chavo Guerrero, Ultimo Dragon, Funaki & Akio. Sure Rey Rey helps, but he isn't needed.

I think The Big Show and/or The Basham Brothers (particularly Danny), and maybe John Cena would be great to have on RAW. But right now if i was the WWE I'd be trying to get a guy like Shawn Michaels over to SmackDown!.

Anyway, back on topic. The A-Train is part of the WWE whether you like it or not. I like it. I dislike it when people claim that someone doesn't belong in the WWE, or should be fired by Vince McMahon. Hardcore Holly & Billy Gunn are two names I hear thrown around with these phrases. I don't see why. Vince McMahon controls wrestling. He knows how it works. We don't. We like to think we do, but in reality, if any of us owned a wrestling company, in a week it would be going down the crapper before our eyes.

Wrestling isn't about Chris Benoits anymore. It isn't abut who can roll on the ground at mach speeds. Part of it is, but if every company based themselves around guys that could do that, who's really in control? The wrestlers, of course. By having a more promoted company, with guys with flashy gimmicks and big guys to go along with the smaller guys, you start to build up diversity, which, IMO, allows the owner to take control over their slice of wrestling. Talent no longer makes the show, the talent that work for the company does. You utilize everything you have to create that empire, and Mr McMahon can do that better than any of us. He's the only one of us to do that. Guys like A-Train, Hardcore Holly & Billy Gunn are here for reasons. We may not understand them, but they're there. Vince McMahon knows what he is doing, you cannot even try to argue that. He's argueably the most important man in the history of wrestling.

I love A-Train, Hardcore Holly & Billy Gunn partially because I am entertained by them, and partially because I feel sorry for them. They do their jobs, obviously well enough to let them stick around for about 10 years in Hardcore and Billy's case. A-Train has been in the WWE for some years now, and he's never once left the WWE. He's a loyal guy, and I hope luck finds him well once he returns from his injury.

I'd love to see him play the role of Eric Bischoff's personal wrestling hitman. I think that could really work out for the former Intercontinental Champion.

Anybody Thrilla
09-28-2004, 06:45 PM
I was actually wondering about A-Train too. I wasn't overly upset by not seeing him, but I wouldn't be overly upset if I DID see him either. (Haha, I used a version of the word "over" when referring to A-Train)

And about Chuck Palumbo, he won a match (no, that's not a type-o) against Val Venis on the last heat. He had some finisher that looked pretty sweet.

Joe Kerr
09-28-2004, 06:58 PM
I was just using Mysterio as a example of someone that could be used on Raw. I think a lot of you missed my point. Its not that I want to see A-train its that the draft was suppose to spark a new begining to each show so why not draft people you are going to actually use?

LK
09-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Yeah I know the draft was seriously f*****

Anybody Thrilla
09-28-2004, 07:08 PM
The draft would have been sweet if it didn't suck. Ya know?

Afterlife
09-29-2004, 12:44 AM
Seems to me once they put the guys from Raw on SmackDown! it changed from "SmackDown!" to "Wrestlers Formerly on Raw!".

Gone Mad
09-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Mysterio could work on Raw but not full-time. There is alot of egos (and hosses for that matter) that would say that they shouldn't be losing to a little guy, no matter if he has talent or not. Rey's just got more of a chance on SD!.

A-train... don't like him, does nothing interesting for me to care. If they COULD do something well with him, I would mind that he is doing nothing.

Aussie Skier
09-29-2004, 01:13 AM
A-Train is a talented big man.

He has alot of good moves IMO.
but he is injured atm

I personally think A train is more talented than big men likeChuck Palumbo, Billy Gunn, Mark Henry and Big Show (altho BS is such a fantastic commodity to the WWE.)

Aussie Skier
09-29-2004, 01:14 AM
i find it funny that one of the biggest matches of last year.
Stone Cold's team VS Bischoff's team.

Only 1 of them is still on raw from STSA team, HBK, and he was missing 4 a while anyway

Batsu
09-29-2004, 03:12 AM
With regards to Palumbo, he's been on Heat a lot.

He really hasn't had a real gimmick besides the "Chuck" thing in the longest.
And he had that effed up "Eminem" hair for a little while...I just don't get that character he's playing now. He should just grow his hair, and act like he's Lex Luger again...

...after all, I wouldn't be talking about "SCOPE" (as in the green mist) if not for his hilarious announcing work.

Corkscrewed
09-29-2004, 05:01 AM
It's to make SD! seem weak, obviously. If SD! guys come to RAW and are relegated to Heat or dark matches, it seems like they weren't good enough to make RAW itself, even though they did well on SD! Conversely, RAW transfers to SD! have thrived, giving the idea that they're big fish in a small pond.

Dave Youell
09-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Who unbanned Joey!

Wtf!

Oh and no one cares about A Train or Pulumbo

Joe Kerr
09-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Who unbanned Joey!

Wtf!

Welcome to the boards you retarded peice of shit, Ive been back for a while.

Everyone has more talent than Mark Henry aussie_skier. Henry is good for injuring wrestlers...thats about it.

BigDaddyCool
09-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Dude, Mysterio could work on Raw...you forget he could easily fued with the Jericho, Beniot, Christian, Edge, Shawn Micheals, Tajiri, Hurricane, Shelton Benjiman, or Orton. Then he might be up for the IC championship and move out of that crappy cruiserwieght scene. Or they could make him into a gaint killer, and he could start taking out some of the "hoss" of Raw, like that jerk Kane is fueding with, and Tomoko, or Batista.

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Who unbanned Joey!

Wtf!

I care about A-Train and Palumbo. :wtf:

PorkSoda
09-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Whenever A-Train runs into someone in the corner he usually screams for no reason.

When hes running on a treadmill or something does he usually go "WAAAHH" or something like that too?

Afterlife
09-29-2004, 09:04 PM
I can go either way on A-train. But I think Palumbo's got a good look to him. I'm glad they're using him, even if it is only Heat.