PDA

View Full Version : The Ring 2

SuperSlim
09-29-2004, 09:47 AM
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/552/552141p1.html

Ring 2
Writer was influenced by original Ringu.

September 28, 2004 - Things have been quiet on the subject of the Hollywood Ring sequel, but at last Mysan.de has given us a peek at what's going on. The site has posted several nice stills of Naomi Watts in The Ring 2, which has been shooting in Oregon and Washington state.

Writer Ehren Kruger has also shed light on the new thriller via an interview with Dread Central. Kruger also penned the first Ring film after renting and enjoying the original Japanese Ringu. His commitment to capturing the essence of the foreign version doubtlessly contributed to the notable success of The Ring.

"I thought it would be an interesting exercise to see how Ringu's themes, pace and style – which are very Japanese in character – 'translated' into a Western setting," explains Kruger. "Which of its ideas were universal to the genre and which were more culture-specific?"

While the storyline of The Ring 2 has little in common with the sequel to the Japanese version, having Ringu director Hideo Nakata in charge can only add to the authenticity of the new thriller.

Kruger had little to add to what we know of the Ring 2 plot, confirming only the basics: that Rachel (Naomi Watts) and her son flee to sleepy Astoria, Oregon, hoping to put the events of the first film behind them, only to encounter more mysterious deaths and a curse that must be stopped once and for all.

The Ring 2 opens March 24th of next year.
-- Paul Davidson

I dunno what to think about it. I didn't think there really needed to be a sequel cuse sequels usually suck. hopefully this one won't.

The Answer
09-29-2004, 03:09 PM
What the?Let me guess it's a cursed DVD now instead of a video :lol:

Dazz
09-30-2004, 12:29 AM
I hope they don't just copy The Japanese Ring 2 throughout, like they did with The Ring, that would piss me off.

Should be good if it is different to it, I'm a big fan of the Ring films so this better not let me down. :mad:

tucsonspeed6
09-30-2004, 06:47 PM
It wasn't the plot of the Ring that hooked me. It was more the atmosphere it created. As scarey as it was, I sort of felt at home there for some reason. Call me weird or stupid, but I think I might be uninterested already simply because of the director change. Only time will tell though. I'll still watch it on opening night just because I loved the original.

Buzzkill
09-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Yeah Oregon whatupppppppp

Afterlife
10-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Waaaaay back before the The Ring came out, they were saying it was the biggest horror film in years and that it was contracted to have two sequels. I hope it lives up.

Kalyx triaD
10-02-2004, 10:38 AM
I know this may be silly, for a while I thought The Grudge was the Ring sequel. The visuals appear similar to me. Looking forward to The Ring 2 though, although it's gonna take one hell of a script to explain how the same two characters wind up in Samora's craziness again. Personally, as a writer, I'd use this as an oppertunity to put a connection between Samora and Aiden; both children are very creepy to me.

Optik
10-06-2004, 07:59 PM
The girl crawling down the stairs in the trailor to The Grudge deffianatly resembles Samora...

SuperSlim
10-18-2004, 10:12 AM
http://www.ring2-themovie.com/

a small sample of it. very small.

t-man
10-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Nice!!! Does that view ever end?