PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Not Good for Smackdown Brand

Loose Cannon
10-01-2004, 05:39 PM
So, I'm listening to this Wrestling show that I listen to every week and No Mercy, which is this Sunday, still has a lot of tickets left ON THE GROUND FLOOR. Now usually, those tickets sell quick and are very tough to get. So if there is still tickets left on the floor, there's got to be a a crap load of tickets left all together. Yeah, Nice way to make the fans want to come and see a PPV show.

I guess running 25 PPV's a month is not working there. :nono:

John la Rock
10-01-2004, 05:40 PM
ouch

Gouda
10-01-2004, 05:42 PM
25 PPV's a month? :shifty:

The bad sales might also have to do with the bad card.

Tornado
10-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Yeah WWE is getting dissapointing sales everywhere (bar Wrestlemania). There are still tickets for the UK tapings of Raw and Smackdown on sale with just under a week to go till the shows. I thought they'd sell out almost instantly.

Loose Cannon
10-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Bad card, Bad Build, Bad Storylines, too many PPV's a month.

Savio
10-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Tsk tsk tsk Kurt?Show seems good so the show won't be a total waste.

loopydate
10-01-2004, 05:49 PM
I don't think the NM card is all that bad, aside from UT - JBL.

Booker - Cena should be interesting, as it's the end of the five-match series, and we'll have an "undisputed" U.S. Champion afterwards. Plus, both guys have shown in the first four matches that they have good chemistry and can put on good matches against each other.

Kurt Angle - Big Show has the potential to be pretty good, too. Show's not exactly the best technician in the business, but they've done a good job building to this one, and these guys are both good storytellers.

Luther - Eddie will be good. Eddie Guerrero can get a good match out of anyone, and Luther Reigns has tons of potential to be an excellent "hoss." Again, there's good build-up to this match, so it will be interesting.

Dupree/Suzuki - Rey/RVD could go either way. I still don't think Kenzo Suzuki is ready for this kind of exposure, but he's been entertaining with his "American" gimmick. Dupree, Mysterio, and Van Dam are all excellent talents, so they can probably carry Suzuki through this one.

London - Kidman was rushed way too fast, but they're both still very good competitors. If they're allowed more than five minutes (and to do some real flying), they can steal the show.

Spike - Nunzio was also rushed, but these guys both bump like madmen and Nunzio is fast becoming one of the more entertaining characters on SmackDown. With JBS and the Dudleys at ringside, this one will be unpredictable.

I think it's just a case of overkill. No Mercy has a good card, but there are just so damned many shows now that people don't care. The main event will blow, despite a pretty good build-up, but the undercard is stronger than they've had in a while.

Loose Cannon
10-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Thing is, you have to look at the card from a casual fans perspective.

They'll pay to see Taker, Cena, Angle and Show

They could care less about London/Kidman/Spike/Nunzio/Dupree/Suzuki/Luther. That's half your matches right there. Trust me, I love London/Kidman just as much as you guys, but the casual fan really doesn't care about them.

I really hope they don't put Luther over Guerrero. That would be pretty ridiculous. But I see Jindrack interfering and Luther picking up the win.

Eunos
10-01-2004, 05:56 PM
I agree with loopydate, The Card doesnt look that bad at all.

The buildup was pretty poor but hopefully the quality of the matches will make up for it.

Eunos
10-01-2004, 06:00 PM
and also remember how for months and months we were complaining about London not being used at all?.

But since then his been a tag team champ and his actually on PPV now.

But either way lets hope this lasts and he ends up feuding with Spike cause i can't see Nunzio winning.

Hardkore Kidd J
10-01-2004, 07:05 PM
I actually like the card I had my heart set on going too but I didn't have any Cash. Would of been great too my first ever live event. I was even looking forward to the LR match. :(

Hardkore Kidd J
10-01-2004, 07:09 PM
and also remember how for months and months we were complaining about London not being used at all?.

But since then his been a tag team champ and his actually on PPV now.

But either way lets hope this lasts and he ends up feuding with Spike cause i can't see Nunzio winning.

Unless the Dudley'z maybe turn on Spike. But, I hope too god that doesn't happen it's too soon for the Dudley's to do that wait till Londen is up against Spike or something. :y:

Corkscrewed
10-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Please keep London on TV. Please keep London on TV. Please keep London on TV. Please keep London on TV. Please keep London on TV. Please keep London on TV. Please keep London on TV. Please keep London on TV.

BTW, I think the feud will continue past No Mercy. It's only begun to get hot, really.

Sensei Of Mattitude
10-01-2004, 07:43 PM
EDDIE GUERRERO VS LUTHER REIGNS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON PPV. THATS A REGULAR SMACKDOWN MATCH

WWE SUCKS

The CyNick
10-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Actually the floor seat availability thing happens for most of these brand exclusive shows. It has to do with the city they are running more than anything else. The JD show did well and sold out quickly because it was in LA. Whereas the Vengeance and the Unforgiven shows did poorly in terms of live attendance because they were in smaller cities.

But having floor seats available doesn't mean much. Those tix are really expensive, and for a brand exclusive show its not worth it.

As for the show itself, I think they've done a tremendous job building up the matches they have for the show. I dont know how many people watched SD this week, but they did a great job building up virtually every match on the show. In comparison to Unforgiven this show looks like Wrestlemania from a build-up standpoint.

Now, will it deliver in the ring? Hard to say. The one sure fire good in ring match is London-Kidman. But with these type of guys you always have the chance of the fans crapping on them no matter what they do. Taker-JBL could be good, but it could be atrain wreck. Ditto for Angle-Show. Reings-Eddie I think will deliver, and I would assume Eddie's going to win, but who knows. Tag title match should be good, as long as Dupree does most of the work on the heel side. And I expect Booker and Cena to put together a good-very good match. I expect to see Nunzio-Guido added and perhaps something with Jackie and Dawn Marie.

Transplant
10-01-2004, 10:48 PM
The only thing I'm worried about is the time allowed for each match.

RVD and Rey can hit all there spots in 2 minutes max, so this match shouldnt be as long as Kidman/London. But knowing the backstage officials, they'll give RVD/Rey vs Rene/Kenzo about 10 minutes, and Kidman/London between 1 and 3 minutes. Whether people like it or not, Kenzo is gonna get quite a bit of TV time.

The CyNick
10-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Rey, RVD, and Dupree are all over, London and Kidman are not. Therefore you need to give more time to the guys who are over. I'd rather see London and Kidman get less time, but have an up tempo match where they will have the fans wanting to see more from the two guys.

The CyNick
10-01-2004, 10:57 PM
BTW, on wwe.com they've offically added Nunzio-Spike to the show, so thats good.

MVP
10-02-2004, 02:13 AM
I think the feud will continue past No Mercy. It's only begun to get hot, really.
Yeah their feud is picking up heat, but once Vince sees that the crowd reaction to their match at No Mercy is slim to none he's gonna fire the Velocity cannon. :(

Mayo
10-02-2004, 02:38 AM
EDDIE GUERRERO VS LUTHER REIGNS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON PPV. THATS A REGULAR SMACKDOWN MATCH

WWE SUCKSYou are terrible.

Mayo
10-02-2004, 02:39 AM
The card looks pretty good, and everyone will pay just to see the Bald Show :shifty:

Seriously though, as it has been stated, way too many PPV's :nono:

Afterlife
10-02-2004, 02:56 AM
What are you guys SAYING? Too many PPVs?? I can't believe ANY of you can call yourselves wrestling fans yet DARE to complain about shelling out $35.00 every two weeks! For shame, unbelievers! For shaaaaame! (Sarcasm.)

Corkscrewed
10-02-2004, 03:12 AM
lol I know! I mean, even with minimum wage, you make like $200 a week! That's way more than $35!!!! ;)

ColdwaVer
10-02-2004, 11:09 AM
But I see Jindrack interfering and Luther picking up the win.

Honestly, I hope that's what happens, and then I hope Eddie gets a serious beatdown from the two of them, leading to Eddie taking a month off at least.