PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights

road doggy dogg
10-01-2004, 07:45 PM
So, is this movie supposed to be any good? I haven't watched a good football movie in a while, so I'll probably go see it. Not really sure what to expect out of it or whatever though :rant: Being from Canada, our high schools don't really give a shit about high school, like they do in the States. I dunnnnnnnnno. Looks pretty cool I guess, not really sureeeeeee. Who's gonna see it?

Also, Roy Williams is in it :love:

Supreme Olajuwon
10-01-2004, 07:58 PM
It looks pretty good. It looks like it'll be pretty sappy like Remember the Titans but that can be good.

btw the Roy Williams in the movie is the basketball coach at Kansas University

The Miz
10-01-2004, 08:01 PM
by Kansas he means North Carolina

Supreme Olajuwon
10-01-2004, 08:05 PM
god dammit

Hardkore Kidd J
10-01-2004, 08:49 PM
It looks like a real good movie I'm probably going to see it.

FFD
10-01-2004, 10:44 PM
It looks pretty good. I saw the preview for it tonight. I told my girlfriend I'd take her when it came out.

Rain Man
10-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Looks like a decent movie. Didn't the book take place back in like the 70's or something? And I guess the takes place in present day.

BCWWF
10-03-2004, 04:17 AM
I think it looks pretty sweet. Also, Supreme, I thought Remember the Titans was a really good movie. Disney coming through again :D The one thing that I didn't really like about Playmakers was that the games didn't seem realistic at all to me, and I think a lot of that is because they didn't film them in front of a big crowd, so they had to use weird angles and stuff. Since this is a big budget movie I think the game scenes will be pretty good. I always love a good high school drama like this, I hope its not real fake, but I am thinking it wont be becauase its a real story. I saw the book in our bookstore but didn't buy it.

While we're all waiting, I read a book by John Grisham I think last summer called "Bleachers" It was a book about a bunch of guys coming back to an old school where they were part of a dynasty. Its really good and I read the whole book in a day.

Triple A
10-03-2004, 06:06 AM
I've heard good things.

Gertner
10-03-2004, 03:40 PM
So, is this movie supposed to be any good? I haven't watched a good football movie in a while, so I'll probably go see it. Not really sure what to expect out of it or whatever though :rant: Being from Canada, our high schools don't really give a shit about high school, like they do in the States. I dunnnnnnnnno. Looks pretty cool I guess, not really sureeeeeee. Who's gonna see it?

Also, Roy Williams is in it :love:
lol what are you talking about RDD?

The Villanova Wildcats vs Riverside Rebels rivalry was is the most headted in all of high school sports!

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-03-2004, 10:46 PM
Looks pretty good, the book was a really good read.

I don't know what you are talking about with the basketball coach thing, Roy Williams, the WR from the Lions is in the movie. He has a really small roll though

Roy Williams actaully attended Periman High School, the high school the book/movie is about.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-04-2004, 12:21 AM
according to IMDB the UNC Williams is in it

so I dunno

BCWWF
10-04-2004, 09:07 PM
I just got the book at my bookstore today, hopefully I can finish all 360 pages by the weekend!!! ... Not a chance

Lara Emily
10-05-2004, 04:55 AM
Meh. The preview failed to inspire me, might see it if there's abosolutely nothing else left for me to see at my theatre. I'm still hoping we get I :heart: Huckabees

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-05-2004, 09:10 PM
according to IMDB the UNC Williams is in it

so I dunno
99% sure its the WR from the Lions, saw a thing on ESPN about it. He has like one line in the movie though

samichna
10-05-2004, 09:28 PM
I just got the book at my bookstore today, hopefully I can finish all 360 pages by the weekend!!! ... Not a chance

If you read for like an hour a day for a week you could easily read 360 pages.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-05-2004, 11:00 PM
I can already tell what parts of the book will be left out, well, some of the parts anyways. Will be intresting to see how the movie differs from the book

BCWWF
10-08-2004, 02:05 AM
The book isn't a story as much, a lot of it is describing the setting and stuff. I think the movie will be pretty cool though. And no, it takes me a long time to read 75 pages, well over 30 minutes.

road doggy dogg
10-08-2004, 03:02 AM
Yeah there was a whole thing in the Detroit paper about Roy Williams from the Lions being in it :mad: Only a small part, but still hot nonetheless

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-09-2004, 04:00 AM
Just saw it tonight, pretty sweet movie. A lot was left out from the book, which I excepted, a few things were done differently too. I really liked the movie, I never lost interest through out the entire time. I wasn't surprised it was a great movie, Friday Night Lights is my favorite book by far.

road doggy dogg
10-09-2004, 04:35 AM
Hot, sounds like it won't disappointtttt. Probably gonna see it this weekend. I might pick up the book too, just 'cause it sounds good and I haven't had a book to read in months :mad:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-09-2004, 04:39 AM
Yea I think the book would appeal to people who arent even football fans maybe...there is a lot more in the book then just football. For the most part, the movie is focused on football, whereas in the book there is a lot of stuff about politics, more indepth stories of the people in the town, the economy of the town etc

BCWWF
10-09-2004, 05:44 AM
Yeah the book switches off, like every other chapter is about a football game and the other deals with the background of the players, their familys, the town politics, racism, etc etc.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-09-2004, 04:43 PM
The movie is more of a glory story too, compaired to the book.

BCWWF
10-14-2004, 11:42 PM
In case anybody cared, Permian and Midland are on FSN right now. Its really random, but yeah, its on tv.

BCWWF
10-14-2004, 11:43 PM
By the way, Permian is getting nailed

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-15-2004, 01:27 AM
They are showing 2 nasty high school teams from Texas on ESPN2 right now aswell

BCWWF
10-15-2004, 06:05 PM
You've got to feel like a douche if youre from Permian and everybody is seeing this movie about how sweet your school is at football, and then getting shut out on national tv. Damn.