PDA

View Full Version : Kane leaving WWE?

Mikey
10-04-2004, 07:46 AM
As first reported last night by The Honky Tonk Man on his official website, there are rumors going around that Kane has given his notice to WWE due to a major contract dispute.

We do know that Honky Tonk Man still does talk to numerous people associated with wrestling and this could be a legit story. It could also be a publicity stunt for website views.

We are trying to confirm this story and hope to have information regarding it at some point today.

Wrestlingplanet.com

Dave Youell
10-04-2004, 08:53 AM
Yeah I read that earlier.

For the moment i'm taking it with a pinch of salt as i've heard nothing from any credible source.

Although Honky Tonk does still have conacts within the WWe, so I really don't know what to think, but I wouldn't of thought that they would let him go, as he would be TNA/Japan bound within minutes of his release and that would be exactlly the type of guy Jarrett could use to get TNA more over

I-Hate-You
10-04-2004, 09:16 AM
He could feud with Abyss in TNA.

Anyway, although I wish he wouldn't go, I don't blame him. WWE has treated Kane like shit over the years.

Xero
10-04-2004, 09:19 AM
I dont believe it... He's one of Vince's main guys... And we all know his big man fetish... Right now, I'll believe that it's a publicity stunt...

Shaggy
10-04-2004, 09:30 AM
Kane going to TNA could be something that TNA might need. Just think about it....people tune into the Victory Road ppv to see what has been said that The Outsiders Return....then suddenly the arena goes black and red gets shown and Kane comes out and chokeslams the crap out of everyone. I would be marking out like crazy.

ColdwaVer
10-04-2004, 09:31 AM
Until someone other than the Honky Tonk Man reports it, I ain't beleiving sh</>it. My instinct is that even if there is a "major contract dispute" between Kane and WWE, it'll be in the best interest of both parties to settle it. Kane is a serious asset to WWE in any way, and Glen Jacobs would be virtually useless to anyone else, as he'll never be allowed to take the Kane gimmick with him.

Gone Mad
10-04-2004, 11:09 AM
I am hoping Kane doesn't leave, but how would you not want the man to get more respect and better storylines. I don't really believe this as Kane is one of the big home-grown wrestlers but it should be known by the next PPV or even tonight for signs that he could be leaving.

Signs like Kane coming out and saying to Snitsky, "I don't feel like killing you anymore. I have to go to my home planet now. Bye." Or a replacement (ala Fake Razor, etc) or the WWE's way of showing a wrestler is leaving: banish him from our existence and never even mention he was around (Noble??? who's that?).

Aussie Skier
10-04-2004, 12:02 PM
kane will not go to TNA.

ome on guys, lets be realisitic!
TNA don't have money for kane, and kane would not be well suited for TNA

If Kane leaves (which i think he very well might do), he will go into movies. He is already looking at doing that eye scream man movie, so if he does well..morem ovies could b on the horizon

Aussie Skier
10-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Until someone other than the Honky Tonk Man reports it, I ain't beleiving sh</>it. My instinct is that even if there is a "major contract dispute" between Kane and WWE, it'll be in the best interest of both parties to settle it. Kane is a serious asset to WWE in any way, and Glen Jacobs would be virtually useless to anyone else, as he'll never be allowed to take the Kane gimmick with him.

good draw for a movie or 2

Sephiroth
10-04-2004, 12:14 PM
I dont believe it... He's one of Vince's main guys... And we all know his big man fetish... Right now, I'll believe that it's a publicity stunt...

Loose Cannon
10-04-2004, 12:17 PM
What do you mean "Kane would not be well suited for TNA." What? What doesn't make him suited for the promotion. As far as I'm concerned, if this story is true, which I don't think ir is BTW, then TNA should do everything in their power to get Kane. Imagine him showing up to Battle the Outsiders Faction. He would be the #1 guy in that company without a doubt.

El Santo
10-04-2004, 12:19 PM
The problem is that if Glen Jacobs leaves for TNA, he can't use the Kane name, which is owned by WWE. He probably can't use Big Red Machine, either. And he can't very well fall back on his other personas: Unabomer. Isaac Yankem DDS. Fake Diesel. Christmas Creature. And, well, Glen Jacobs just isn't a good commando name ... I mean, wrestler name.

Aussie Skier
10-04-2004, 12:21 PM
What do you mean "Kane would not be well suited for TNA." What? What doesn't make him suited for the promotion. As far as I'm concerned, if this story is true, which I don't think ir is BTW, then TNA should do everything in their power to get Kane. Imagine him showing up to Battle the Outsiders Faction. He would be the #1 guy in that company without a doubt.

he'd also be leaps and bounds above everyone else.
frankly, i've seen bugger all of TNA, but i would have no idea how kane would fit into it.
i mean, Kane/glen jacobs VS Jeff jarrett, ron killings, AJ styles.

He's LEAPS and bounds above everyone else in that company except maybe raven

Aussie Skier
10-04-2004, 12:22 PM
OK ppl.

why is kane gonna leave WWE. not a good enough contract, which could be misconstrued to say not enough money.

and you ppl really think TNA will provide him with more money?????

Loose Cannon
10-04-2004, 12:25 PM
I don't really know what you mean by "leaps and bound," but if your saying he's greater then everyone else in terms of star power, then that's exactly why he should go to TNA. Don't you want a World Champion that is greater then everyone else so that when your building one of your young guys in TNA, you have him go over Kane and it makes the young guy look huge. Simple wrestling logic.

Aussie Skier
10-04-2004, 12:31 PM
I don't really know what you mean by "leaps and bound," but if your saying he's greater then everyone else in terms of star power, then that's exactly why he should go to TNA. Don't you want a World Champion that is greater then everyone else so that when your building one of your young guys in TNA, you have him go over Kane and it makes the young guy look huge. Simple wrestling logic.

yes...TNA wants that. They want someone with star power...however....
but why would glen jacobs want that.

why would he want to work in a sub-rank fed, run on a shoe string, who has just lost one of their main and probably most talented writers (vince russo)?
Their are so many complexities to this, but basically, i would see no logical reason is kane WANTING to join TNA (as it is a lower ranked fed and he would recieve a pay cut.)

Xero
10-04-2004, 12:41 PM
If money is the issue, and if Kane really is leaving (Again, which I dont believe), he should go to Japan... As far as I've heard, they pay big money for appearences... I heard that a promotion offered Hogan $50,000 for one match... I may have that way wrong, maybe it was $5,000-$15,000, but still, Japan will take basicly any big name...

LK
10-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Like people have said if Kane went to TNA he wouldn't be able to use the Kane gimmick. I personally don't think this rumour is true.

Aussie Skier
10-04-2004, 12:46 PM
i said the same thing (the rumour isnt true) about brock and then BANG...He's gone!

so, i have a bad feeling about this one

Splaya
10-04-2004, 12:52 PM
i said the same thing (the rumour isnt true) about brock and then BANG...He's gone!

Aussie, I like you man, but I hope your feeling is wrong here :'(

Aussie Skier
10-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Aussie, I like you man, but I hope your feeling is wrong here :'(

ditto.

well, touch wood, he will stay

Hardkore Kidd J
10-04-2004, 01:02 PM
I hope Kane stays he is one of the main reasons I watch RAW.

Aussie Skier
10-04-2004, 01:06 PM
i'd say kane would have been on the most raw ep's in a row.
HHH missed a few last year (and when he was injured), when was the last ep that kane missed?
maybe only J2Y has been on more in a row

Splaya
10-04-2004, 01:19 PM
He missed like 6 months due to an injury I think of his shoulder. He came back when Booker T and Goldust were trying to stop the UnAmerican's from burning the American flag. His promo advertising his return came up on the TitanTron and as Test was about to burn the flag, Kane's pyro and music hit and he came out. Definitely one of the most memorable mark out moments I have ever had when it comes to an entrance.

Gouda
10-04-2004, 01:20 PM
TNA brins in Kane they can call him Cain. :shifty:

Or something ending in an "ane" sound like Bane. Or. Lame.

Then they can have Low Ki play Kane's son from the future.

Kapoutman
10-04-2004, 01:22 PM
I hope Kane stays in WWE, but if he was to go to TNA, you just let him act like a maniacal son of a bithc like he acts right now, and his name will be the last things fans will care about. Sure, a good name is important, but you can always find a replacement.

Jaton
10-04-2004, 01:25 PM
Kane-a-roonie! :D

ColdwaVer
10-04-2004, 02:26 PM

Well at least with the Brock rumor, we knew from the first mention that he was supposed to be leaving to play football. As we've demonstrated, there isn't too much out there for Kane to do, unless he's planning to play hockey.

*remembers the current NHL situation*

Ok, minor league hockey, but still.

John la Rock
10-04-2004, 02:40 PM
It's all BS

Aussie Skier
10-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Well at least with the Brock rumor, we knew from the first mention that he was supposed to be leaving to play football. As we've demonstrated, there isn't too much out there for Kane to do, unless he's planning to play hockey.

*remembers the current NHL situation*

Ok, minor league hockey, but still.

minor league hockey...isnt TNA minor league wrestling :shifty:

Funky Fly
10-04-2004, 03:13 PM
He's not going anywhere, bitches.

MVP
10-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Don't forget to add Ray Traylor to your sig Mikey.

Xero
10-04-2004, 08:47 PM
We were alerted to the story last night and today by a number of readers. The staff of our site has been checking out the veracity of the story all day today. After talking to numerous WWE sources about it, as best as we can tell, the story is not true. All we have been able to find out is that Kane will be taking time off from WWE to film his upcoming WWE-backed movie "Eye Scream Man" and number WWE sources feel that it's possible that someone heard he will not be on TV for a while and jumped the gun as to why.

All I can add at this time is that the numerous WWE sources we have talked to about this story have either vociferously denied that Kane has given notice or had no knowledge of the situation. If there is more to add, we will have it when there is something to report.

Stupid people and their jumping of guns :nono:

Dark Kane
10-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Glen Jacobs will never leave WWE for low pay, that's stupid. Glen Jacobs has a huge passion for the wrestling bussiness like everyone else. I swear Jacobs doesn't care about money or the fame, he'll be with WWE for a long time. It's just a stupid rumor and lies flying around. I hate the Honky Tonk Man.

The CyNick
10-04-2004, 09:54 PM
It seems like a load of crap to me.

Kane is one of those guys that seems to have a job for life, if he wants it. Yeah they could get into a disagreement over a new contract, but ultimately I cant see Kane going anywhere else. Plus, dont forget the WWE has a Film project that Kane is set to star in, so it would seem unlikely he would up and leave over a few thousand dollars.

However, stranger things have happened, and if he became available obviously TNA would be advised to pick him up fast. He's a legit superstar from WWE TV, and they could make a claim that people are looking at leaving the WWE to go to where "the big boys play", wait thats WCW, well whatever their slogan is insert it here. Yeah he cant use the name Kane, but heck just call him Abel or Lucifer or the Red Monster or whatever. Its not difficult. Its like with Hall and Nash, nobody cared they weren't called Razor and Diesel, we knew who they were, and thats all that mattered.

We'll know one way or the other if and when Kane faces Snitski at TT. If Kane does a quicky job, then the rumours are true, of he squashes him, like they are building to, then we know Kane is still WWE 4 Life.

Innovator
10-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Kanes not going anywhere..."HEY KANE WHERE YOU GOING, NOWHERE, FUCKING NOWHERE" (rep for the reference there)

Kane is taking time off soon to film the movie "Eye Scream Man". He'll probably job at TT, having Snitsky injure him and put him on the shelf. Kane comes back, a face getting revenge on Snitsky. Maybe by the time Kane comes back, V-OOONNNEEUUUUHHH will be back, leading to some good TV.

Aussie Skier
10-05-2004, 02:29 AM
Kanes not going anywhere..."HEY KANE WHERE YOU GOING, NOWHERE, FUCKING NOWHERE" (rep for the reference there)

*blank look*

Mr. Nerfect
10-05-2004, 03:59 AM
I hope Kane stays in the WWE, for that sake. He's Kane, and he can't be Kane anywhere else. But if Glen Jacobs did leave the WWE, I'd wish him the best, and I think TNA would be the best place for Jacobs other than RAW.

BTW, I think "Jacob" might make an interesting name if Glen went to TNA. Maybe he could wear a mask, or claim to be some kind of 'Prodigy of Pain" or somehting?

Impact!
10-05-2004, 08:12 AM
If money is the issue, and if Kane really is leaving (Again, which I dont believe), he should go to Japan... As far as I've heard, they pay big money for appearences... I heard that a promotion offered Hogan $50,000 for one match... I may have that way wrong, maybe it was $5,000-$15,000, but still, Japan will take basicly any big name...
your probably right i read that scott hall and kevin nash got paid to do one show in japan for between 50,000 and 75,000 each as well as mick foley getting 100,000 for one appearance at the same show

Dave Youell
10-05-2004, 08:18 AM
Yeah i just read a bunch of sites saying he's leaving to shoot that movie and Mr Jacobs and the WWe are fine right now