10-05-2004, 04:46 AM
After Mania 21, :'(

All those Bret fans can say what they want about him, but he is greatness IMO

The Ravishing One
10-05-2004, 04:50 AM
:y: *agrees*

Lara Emily
10-05-2004, 05:11 AM
He so should ref is last match in Montreal.

Dave Youell
10-05-2004, 06:43 AM
He so should ref is last match in Montreal.
Yeah i can see that going really really well

Cruiserweight 3:16
10-05-2004, 07:00 AM
The guy's been loyal to the company, despite how everybody hates the whole Screwjob incident, so I hope he enjoys his retirement.

BTW please WWE don't do some crappy angle where HHH beats the crap out of him (so that he looks even tougher than he is) and then he's "forced" to retire

Mr. Nerfect
10-05-2004, 07:04 AM
That's a shame. Earl is my favourite referee in the WWE. They will really suffer without him. I wouldn't mind seeing his last match being a really big one (like an Austin/Rock type match) or a rematch between Shawn Michaels & Bret Hart, with Hart going over cleanly via pinfall or submission (but that likely won't happen).

I know it's a while away, but I wish Earl the best, and I hope his retirement goes as planned.

davidbowie
10-05-2004, 07:25 AM
too bad, best ref out there. Is it just me or does he not seem to get fooled by all that crap\cheating all the other refs get made to do.

Aussie Skier
10-05-2004, 07:25 AM
Earl's cool! :y:

for years he was the only ref i actually knew!
all the best

Evil Vito
10-05-2004, 07:41 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Earl's had a great career. I hope he enjoys his retirement.</font> :y:

KayfabeMan
10-05-2004, 08:05 AM
Maybe they'll let him ref the main event at WM21 then.

It'd definitely be a sign of respect for all his years with the company.

I'm sure he'll still have a job / role within the WWE, and that the young Hebner will always have a place with the McMahons. Earl would definitely be an asset to train with the younger refs down at OVW and such, as he has an extensive knowledge.

Dave Youell
10-05-2004, 08:20 AM
Maybe they'll let him ref the main event at WM21 then.

It'd definitely be a sign of respect for all his years with the company.

I'm sure he'll still have a job / role within the WWE, and that the young Hebner will always have a place with the McMahons. Earl would definitely be an asset to train with the younger refs down at OVW and such, as he has an extensive knowledge.
So that means a RAw main event then?

So Trips Vs Orton for the main even at Mania

Should be good

Xero
10-05-2004, 08:41 AM
So that means a RAw main event then?

So Trips Vs Orton for the main even at Mania

Should be good
I wouldnt be suprised if they allowed him to ref a SmackDown! match if it's the main event at Mania... Out of respect...

He's great at what he does, and I wish him the best of luck... Great ref :y:

BTW, who would take over as "senior referee", or is that just an on-air name only? (Even then you'd need a senior referee...)

SuperSlim
10-05-2004, 08:48 AM
Prob Nick Patrick would take over as senior ref... but to see Earl go? that sucks. He was like the first ref whose name I knew. He has to be one of the most popular refs out there.

well hopefully they will give him a good match to be his last to ref while in the WWE.

KayfabeMan
10-05-2004, 08:49 AM
I don't know, considering there are guys like Nick Patrick and such still working for them - though I don't know if they'll count his total time as an official, or just his time in WWE. :-\

Dave Youell
10-05-2004, 09:10 AM
I want Mike Chiota (sp?)

As Senoir ref, he's the next heir to the throne!

Xero
10-05-2004, 09:10 AM
While we're on the subject of refs, where's Tim White? Did he retire? I think I heard he was injured/injuires caught up with him, but I'm not sure...

Dave Youell
10-05-2004, 09:11 AM
While we're on the subject of refs, where's Tim White? Did he retire? I think I heard he was injured/injuires caught up with him, but I'm not sure...
He had a shoulder injury and then Reffed 1 match at Mania XX the Jericho/Christian one i think.

I beleive he's now a road agent

Gerard
10-05-2004, 09:12 AM

He reffed his last match at mania 20, he got injured in a hiac match i believe when jericho bounced him off either the security wall or the cell. Did some damage to muscles in his shoulder and the muscle keeps tearing if he uses his right arm to do the count. As of now hes a wwe road agent.

Xero
10-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Thanks guys :y:

KayfabeMan
10-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Sorry for almost stating the same thing, I was posting as SuperSlim posted.

Mike the Metal Ed
10-05-2004, 05:03 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Earl's had a great career. I hope he enjoys his retirement.</font> :y:

MRAT=VEGETABLES
10-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Earl's cool! :y:

for years he was the only ref i actually knew!
all the best

hes still the only ref i know

GODSON
10-05-2004, 05:24 PM
He is just a ref too me. I never paid attention to the referees. I don't see how can the WWE suffer without him, just a ref guys.

Earl and I is from the same town.

Corkscrewed
10-05-2004, 05:31 PM
You know... this can stir more fuel to the Hart rumors...

Think about it... he refs a match between Hart and Flair or something and helps Bret win!!! :shifty:

Anyway, I hope he enjoys his retirement.

KayfabeMan
10-05-2004, 09:28 PM
He is just a ref too me. I never paid attention to the referees. I don't see how can the WWE suffer without him, just a ref guys.

Earl and I is from the same town.

Apparently either you:
A) Are being extremely sarcastic....OR
B) Have no idea how wrestling works.

A referee is just as important to the match as the wrestlers are; sometimes he's even more important. When you work with a referee who is as good as he, he has a tendency to make the match look even better. With an average or crappy referee, a great match can look like shit. EVERYONE involved in the match in any capacity contributes to it's outcome; from the bookers to the agents to the workers, managers / valets and more importantly referees.

I'm not saying it's going to be the end of great referees, or that the WWE will now close down, but it's definitely a loss to the business to lose out on a guy like him being in the ring.

Hired Hitman
10-05-2004, 09:47 PM
No other referee can look as good as he did while being the "senior referee"

Shaggy
10-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Its true that I am one of the people who usually do the whole You screwed Bret thing but I still have respect for the guy. Hes been a great ref over the years and its gonna be tough not having him in the ring anymore. I will defiently miss him.

John la Rock
10-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Ya he was good. But I still won't forgive him or Shawn for what happened in Montreal

Hired Hitman
10-05-2004, 11:00 PM
it's called doing your job, John ;)

The One
10-05-2004, 11:28 PM
I like Earl. As many people have already staed, for a long time he was the only Ref who's name I knew. He also is the only ref that talks back to the wrestlers if they get in his face, not just shake a fingure, he actually says stuff. Anyway he is an enjoyment and will be missed. Benn with the company for as long back as I can remember....ahhhhh.....now I have to like Brian Hebner.

Congrats on a successful career, and good luck in the rest of your life... (copy, paste, and post March 2005.)

ColdwaVer
10-05-2004, 11:50 PM
he got injured in a hiac match i believe when jericho bounced him off either the security wall or the cell.

Actually I beleive it was the HIAC between Lesnar and Taker.

tazmaster
10-06-2004, 09:09 AM
So will they make Nick Patrick "senior referee"? If they do, it will be a nice surprise.

Cool King
10-06-2004, 09:18 AM
So will they make Nick Patrick "senior referee"? If they do, it will be a nice surprise.

I think they should make Mike Chioda the senior referee.

Dave Youell
10-06-2004, 09:28 AM
Actually I beleive it was the HIAC between Lesnar and Taker.
No it was Jericho

Imagi-Nation
10-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Congrats on a great career, enjoy retirement, and thanks for screwing Bret.

targo_the_sho_stopa
10-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Earl is by far the best ref. He's the only one (IMO) that dares get up in the wrestlers faces for the good of the show rather than making it look forced, he's also the only one that can sell the ref bump properly (again IMO) all the best to him, no doubt he'll probably work for WWE as an agent or summat sumwhere down the road. All the best to him.